Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGLAB
    I went into the show not having any idea of this original plan. The ship between them just went right by me. I don't usually go looking for ship. I look for actors who have good chemistry. I noticed Torri and Joe had good chemistry.
    Same here. I don't start out watching a show looking for ship between characters, but as I am a hopeless romantic, I love it when I find some there.

What I notice is the chemistry between the characters, as it's believable characters that make or break a show with me. And I noticed the chemistry between John and Elizabeth fairly early on. By 'The Storm/The Eye' I saw two people who cared about each other more than they would admit even to themselves. Look at John's reaction when he thought Kolya had killed Elizabeth.

When I first saw 'The Storm/The Eye', I leaned over to my bf and told him that I could see John and Elizabeth getting together somewhere down the track. I knew that because of Simon it wouldn't happen for a while, but given that they were isolated in another galaxy, it wasn't hard to see that it would happen eventually. IMHO the fact that they are in regular contact with Earth now doesn't change a thing.

On another note, what was the period of time between the events in 'Letters From Pegasus' and the flashbacks in 'Intruder'? because
    Spoiler:
    it didn't seem to be very long from my perspective, and Simon was seeing another woman....

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
      On another note, what was the period of time between the events in 'Letters From Pegasus' and the flashbacks in 'Intruder'? because
      Spoiler:
      it didn't seem to be very long from my perspective, and Simon was seeing another woman....
      In The Brotherhood, they said they had two weeks before the Wraith arrived. In all likelihood, it was less than two months between the message in Letters from Pegasus and that scene in The Intruder.
      Spoiler:
      This is why I think Simon had moved on long before Elizabeth sent that message. I can't imagine that in six weeks, he got her message, met someone, and was so deeply involved in that relationship that he wouldn't go back to his old girlfriend when it turned out she wasn't dead after all. He'd met someone well before Elizabeth told him not to wait for her.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Where are you people!?

Well, might as well post the summary for tonight's episode, "The Misbegotten".

Spoiler:
        Having successfully used the Wraith retrovirus to turn an entire hive ship of Wraith into humans, the team returns to Atlantis with their prisoners in stasis. Meanwhile, Weir (Torri Higginson) continues to defend her leadership in the face of an independent review being conducted by I.O.A. member Richard Woolsey (Robert Picardo).

Examining the hive ship that the team hijacked in an attempt to restore it to full working condition, McKay (David Hewlett) determines that the Wraith prisoners cannot continue to be held in stasis indefinitely. The team decides the best thing to do is to set them free on a planet under the guise that they were exposed to a viral outbreak.

Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) and Dr. Beckett (Paul McGillion) remain on the planet to manage the human-form Wraith, including a re-humanized Michael (Connor Trinneer). But when they discover a Wraith ship approaching the planet, the team must act fast to keep the existence of Atlantis a secret.

I have to say, I read this summary when I was catching up on stuff I missed while on vacation, and I totally missed the bit where Michael's human again. Aww, I have to see Connor Trinneer without the makeup again? Oh, the hardship.

So who here's going to Comic Con this weekend? I understand that Joe and Torri are both supposed to be there, along with the rest of the Atlantis cast.
        Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
          So who here's going to Comic Con this weekend? I understand that Joe and Torri are both supposed to be there, along with the rest of the Atlantis cast.
          Isn't Athena going to this? Thought I saw something about her "thumbing" a ride.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I saw on a LJ that Torri cancelled because of that movie she is filming.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              Isn't Athena going to this? Thought I saw something about her "thumbing" a ride.
              Yeah, she's going, and I think xfkirsten is as well. Though the latter may have just been her talking about going.

gambit, Torri Higginson is still listed at Comic Con's website, though I imagine that's not updated all the time. The last cancellation I heard of with her was LFCC, but I admit I don't keep up with this stuff much.
              Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Totally going to bed early tonight. Then I can wake up at 7AM to watch Misbegotten... because there is no WAY I'm staying up until or getting up at 4AM to watch it, no matter how much I love the show. It would kill me.

Comment

Yeah, she's going, and I think xfkirsten is as well. Though the latter may have just been her talking about going.

gambit, Torri Higginson is still listed at Comic Con's website, though I imagine that's not updated all the time. The last cancellation I heard of with her was LFCC, but I admit I don't keep up with this stuff much.
                  Yup! There's quite a few of us going: me, Athena, Angel of Fire SG1, and KerMcG90 will all be there. I'm bringing along my big 300mm lens, and getting there early for the best seat possible, so I'll try to have pics and a report for folks tomorrow night.

I really hope Torri makes it to ComicCon this year. I was really bummed when she didn't make it last year.
                  "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                  My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

OMG! Just watching Misbegotten..
                    Spoiler:
                    ...Weir's office scene! OMG Sheppard is so pissed off because Woolsey is questioning Elizabeth!! Heeee this is awesome!

Comment

I sawww. I yelled SPARKKYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Okay got to calm down.

Spoiler:
                      Heee, defending her honor. Also there was so much eyesex at the meeting. *dies*
                      She was so looking at him all the time and him her
                      Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 21 July 2006, 06:50 PM.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                        OMG! Just watching SGA...
                        Spoiler:
                        ...Weir's office scene! OMG Sheppard is so pissed off because Woolsey is questioning Elizabeth!! Heeee this is awesome!

*just de-lurked*
                        OMG!! I feel so bad cause I haven't posted here in forever but....
                        Spoiler:
                        That scene just made me squeeeeeee out loud!!!!!! "Are you defending my honor?" OMG!!!!!!!!! He was pissed!!!

Comment

*wriggles in her chair impatiently* I can't watch it yet! Argh!

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony Wolf
                            I've finally brought Elizabeth with me. Like I told you before she is a big Elizabeth/John shipper. So please make her feel welcome.
                            She is so cute! *hugs*

Originally posted by Ironic
                            I suppose this is where I do the shameless self-pimping of fic?

A Life Less Ordinary, for the WildWest_Lantis community. This one was a blatant excuse to get John shirtless. I show no modesty or decency in admitting that fact (and am proud of it).
                            *waves to irony_rocks, this is world_of_blade* I already posted at your LJ, but I want to state for everyone else, this story is amazing! For that matter all the stories at wildwest_lantis (lj community) are really good, go check them out...and write some of your own. (Ok done with pimping)

Where are you people!?

Well, might as well post the summary for tonight's episode, "The Misbegotten".

Spoiler:
                            Having successfully used the Wraith retrovirus to turn an entire hive ship of Wraith into humans, the team returns to Atlantis with their prisoners in stasis. Meanwhile, Weir (Torri Higginson) continues to defend her leadership in the face of an independent review being conducted by I.O.A. member Richard Woolsey (Robert Picardo).

Examining the hive ship that the team hijacked in an attempt to restore it to full working condition, McKay (David Hewlett) determines that the Wraith prisoners cannot continue to be held in stasis indefinitely. The team decides the best thing to do is to set them free on a planet under the guise that they were exposed to a viral outbreak.

Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) and Dr. Beckett (Paul McGillion) remain on the planet to manage the human-form Wraith, including a re-humanized Michael (Connor Trinneer). But when they discover a Wraith ship approaching the planet, the team must act fast to keep the existence of Atlantis a secret.

I have to say, I read this summary when I was catching up on stuff I missed while on vacation, and I totally missed the bit where Michael's human again. Aww, I have to see Connor Trinneer without the makeup again? Oh, the hardship.

First of all spoiler for Misbegotten
                            Spoiler:
                            I am so excited to see a re-dewrathed Michael. I adore Connor Trinneer, and am so happy to see his sexy normal face. I really hope (but am probably wrong) that we get to see some sort of "where is Elizabeth?" and "hope she is ok" from Sheppard (vica-versa for Elizabeth) I really didn't like the "no sparky" thing from the first one.

I will not be able to see the next eps until I get home from work (I work the night shift at the hospital) so will chime in my thoughts after that.

Second, if anyone goes to comic con, please take pics for us!
                            Love Lorne | Sparky! | Open_Com

Comment

Spoilers for Misbegotten:
                              Spoiler:
                              OMG! When John came storming into Liz's office saying he wants to hit Woolsey was so Sparky! I was totally floored! I wasn't expecting it and am so happy we got it! I think John said something like, "How much trouble would it cause you if I hit him". ROTFL And when she replies, "Why John Sheppard, are you defending my honor?" and he pauses a brief second and continues on his rant. That whole entire scene in her office was totally sparky. Totally 100%. Also, the scene before when they were all sitting in the conference room, and she was saying how nice it was to see everyones face, they cut to John & Rodney.

SQUEE!!

Oh yea
                              Spoiler:
                              Did anyone catch that little Ronan/Teyla scene? When they're on the Wraith ship and John asks Teyla a question and then moves away ... you can see Ronan move over a little closer to Teyla and they exchange a nice look.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
                                Oh yea
                                Spoiler:
                                Did anyone catch that little Ronan/Teyla scene? When they're on the Wraith ship and John asks Teyla a question and then moves away ... you can see Ronan move over a little closer to Teyla and they exchange a nice look.
                                I caught that! Thought it was very cute.

Spoiler:
                                "John Sheppard, are you defending my honor?"

*dies* I thought I was going to have to pause the TiVo and let that soak in for a moment. I love that his first and pretty much only reason for disliking Woolsey is that he's criticizing Elizabeth. That's the John I know and love.
                                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Working...
                                X