Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
    Good morning everyone!

Which episode are we up to discussion wise?
    Hot Zone is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen View Post
      Hot Zone is next.
      Echo-o-o-o-o

Is there anyone here?

Comment

Well I'm here.

This was a good episode for these two. They clashed with their opinions and approaches on how to deal with the virus.

Spoiler:

When Elizabeth advises him that it's best to stay where he is.

First clash:

She thinks it's best not to rush.

He thinks he is useless just sitting there and it would be best if he went out there.

SHEPPARD: [into radio] What the hell is this?

SCENE: CONTROL ROOM

WEIR: [into radio] You said so yourself. You are the ranking military officer...

SCENE: GYM

WEIR: (cont.) ...I can't chance you getting infected.

SHEPPARD: [over radio] I can't chance you getting infected. Bates!

It's also where he calls her 'Elizabeth' for the first time.

SHEPPARD: (cont.) Bates, open the door.

[BATES steps up.]

WEIR: Don't.

SHEPPARD: [over radio] Elizabeth, he's heading right for you!

WEIR: [into radio] So we'll stop him. We'll talk him down, we'll block his way, we'll--

SCENE: GYM

SHEPPARD: [into radio] Sergeant Bates, I am ordering you to open up the doors between the gym and the med lab right now.

Comment

Ok, so we are talking about 'Hot Zone'.

I was surprised a bit to see how she reacted after John's decline of her authority, she didn't like it and made it clear, but there was no trace of dislike towards him for what he did. It was like she understood how he felt and why he did it.
          Imagine if Kavanaugh were in John's place, and do something like this, she would simply go crazy, because she knows she can't possibly trust that man. But, John, she forgives; she has to tell him that that must never happen again, but there is no negative feeling toward him.

And he did what he did not because he wanted to disobey or play the hero, but because he wanted to save the people he cares about. And when they talk about what happened, at the end, he turns the talk in his favour saying that he actually saved them all, because, my feeling is, that he didn't want to argue with her or upset her more; he knew that she didn't like what he did and I got the feeling that he was sorry he had to do this to her.

So I can conclude that they are much closer than a simple boss and the military commander, if we look at the talk in the end. They are both decided and capable people who, most important, have learnt to trust each other and finally not bear any ill feeling for the other one if that one happened to disagree.

In any other case they would have had a big fight over this and both would have felt that the other doesn't understand (remember Elizabeth shouting at Rodney in 'Trinity'; sometimes I feel like to her Rodney is like a kid that need to be supervised and/or guided, but John is an equal). But not in their case, they only talk and understand each other. And that, IMO, it's not very often, unless those two people are really close and are willing to understand the other one. Which usually happens when they like each other, they feel complete together.
          I guess what I'm saying is that if you are a strong leader or an independent capable military person you wouldn't like to have someone who has a close position (they are both leaders in their respective fields) contradict you in front of the others. And if you are a strong person, like those two are, you wouldn't let that go to easy, unless there is a an affinity that you can't overlook.
          She should have been mad that her order wasn't obeyed, he should have been mad that his military opinion would have been disregarded, but none of them didn't argue on this point much more than necessary. In fact he didn't argue at all, he just stated that the whole thing went well because he did what he did. And I think they reacted that way because they couldn't possibly be mad at one another.

I don't know if I am making any sense, but I think that if I were her and someone other than John would have done this I would have been much more upset. But to be mad at John Sheppard is simply impossible, from her POV.

Nice episode, BTW. Unfortunatelly, I don't like seeing John risking his life so often.
          sigpic

Comment

Hot Zoneeeee!

personlly i loved teh "fightng" scene. It gave them a chance to make-out opps... Make - up late on, which ment John apologising for beng an idiot, but he protected her thats all that matters
            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
              ....., which ment John apologising for being an idiot, but he protected her thats all that matters
              Yes, there's that too of course. He always protects her, more than anybody else, IMO, and I don't think it's just because he knows that others in his team (e.g. Teyla or Ronon) can take care of themselves while she can't. Rodney is many times just as helpless. It's like he's drawn to her, he can't just stay there and imagine something bad happening where she is while he's locked in the gym.
              sigpic

Comment

Hot Zone is definitely in my top 5 Sparky episodes. I just love the fighting and I love Elizabeth's reaction to that.
                I think it was important for them to find out how far they can push each other. That's probably why they now have such a great relationship (both personally and professionally)

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Major- I take it then you got my letter? *crosses fingers* I hope you got it for the scrapbook.

And beloved Sparky fans- I come bearing a gift. ^_^ Chapter 9 of MY season 4. ^_^ And with season 4 around the corner- I find that I have a great many chapters in reserve so I can continue with my plot without infringing on what TPTB are writing. ^_^ At least- I'm doing it my way.....

....so please. Take the time to read and review and if I get a review (which I think I already have) I'll update another new chapter tomorrow. ^_^

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3549545/9/Everlasting

Enjoy! ^_^
                  sigpic
                  Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                  |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Spoiler:

Rodney: The camera's in the hallways seem to be down.

John: Well, then I say let go find the nearest closet!

Rodney: I *SO* did not need to hear that!

Comment

Spoiler:
                      http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...650.jpgRodney: The camera's in the hallways seem to be down.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...urn15F0435.jpg
                      John: Well, then I say let go find the nearest closet!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...199.jpgRodney: I *SO* did not need to hear that!

I love John's face in that last one. Naughty thoughts. Did we finish discussing Hot Zone? That was a great one for signaling a change in their relationship to making it more personal. And I've always wished that last scene had not been interrupted. *scolds Carson and Rodney*

I'm off to get my hair done. Back later.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Does anyone have a picture of where John grabs Elizabeth's hand at the end of TS/TE?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandra View Post
                          Ok, so we are talking about 'Hot Zone'.

I was surprised a bit to see how she reacted after John's decline of her authority, she didn't like it and made it clear, but there was no trace of dislike towards him for what he did. It was like she understood how he felt and why he did it.
                          Imagine if Kavanaugh were in John's place, and do something like this, she would simply go crazy, because she knows she can't possibly trust that man. But, John, she forgives; she has to tell him that that must never happen again, but there is no negative feeling toward him.

And he did what he did not because he wanted to disobey or play the hero, but because he wanted to save the people he cares about. And when they talk about what happened, at the end, he turns the talk in his favour saying that he actually saved them all, because, my feeling is, that he didn't want to argue with her or upset her more; he knew that she didn't like what he did and I got the feeling that he was sorry he had to do this to her.

So I can conclude that they are much closer than a simple boss and the military commander, if we look at the talk in the end. They are both decided and capable people who, most important, have learnt to trust each other and finally not bear any ill feeling for the other one if that one happened to disagree.

In any other case they would have had a big fight over this and both would have felt that the other doesn't understand (remember Elizabeth shouting at Rodney in 'Trinity'; sometimes I feel like to her Rodney is like a kid that need to be supervised and/or guided, but John is an equal). But not in their case, they only talk and understand each other. And that, IMO, it's not very often, unless those two people are really close and are willing to understand the other one. Which usually happens when they like each other, they feel complete together.
                          I guess what I'm saying is that if you are a strong leader or an independent capable military person you wouldn't like to have someone who has a close position (they are both leaders in their respective fields) contradict you in front of the others. And if you are a strong person, like those two are, you wouldn't let that go to easy, unless there is a an affinity that you can't overlook.
                          She should have been mad that her order wasn't obeyed, he should have been mad that his military opinion would have been disregarded, but none of them didn't argue on this point much more than necessary. In fact he didn't argue at all, he just stated that the whole thing went well because he did what he did. And I think they reacted that way because they couldn't possibly be mad at one another.

I don't know if I am making any sense, but I think that if I were her and someone other than John would have done this I would have been much more upset. But to be mad at John Sheppard is simply impossible, from her POV.

Nice episode, BTW. Unfortunatelly, I don't like seeing John risking his life so often.
                          Elizabeth was warned about John's disobedient nature (and still took him with her to the Pegasus galaxy) and probably should have known that he was going to take a different approach to the whole situation (but then again, noone expected Sumner to be killed so early on and have Sheppard take his place). Like you said, she understood why he did it (even if she didn't agree with most of it) and he risked his life with the bomb (again....) which saved the city. Despite the fact that it wasn't right for him to undermine her authority in front of others (especially Bates) in a situation such as the one they had (even Teyla called him on it), and having put lives at risk later on, Elizabeth couldn't really be angry with him because a) it's best to resolve the differences with your military commander instead of keeping the bad feeling, and b) they were disconnected from Earth and it was in everyone's best interest for these two to learn from the experience and go past it.

And I also agree with you that I don't like seeing John risk his life so often. Given his position it's not a great idea, and it also gets boring. I get that he's supposed to be the 'hero' of the show, but isn't this pushing it at times?

Comment

Elizabeth was warned about John's disobedient nature (and still took him with her to the Pegasus galaxy) and probably should have known that he was going to take a different approach to the whole situation (but then again, noone expected Sumner to be killed so early on and have Sheppard take his place). Like you said, she understood why he did it (even if she didn't agree with most of it) and he risked his life with the bomb (again....) which saved the city. Despite the fact that it wasn't right for him to undermine her authority in front of others (especially Bates) in a situation such as the one they had (even Teyla called him on it), and having put lives at risk later on, Elizabeth couldn't really be angry with him because a) it's best to resolve the differences with your military commander instead of keeping the bad feeling, and b) they were disconnected from Earth and it was in everyone's best interest for these two to learn from the experience and go past it.

And I also agree with you that I don't like seeing John risk his life so often. Given his position it's not a great idea, and it also gets boring. I get that he's supposed to be the 'hero' of the show, but isn't this pushing it at times?
                            Do you think it's because John wants to be a hero?

Do you think he has a 'hero complex'??

Comment

Does anyone have a picture of where John grabs Elizabeth's hand at the end of TS/TE?
                              This one?

Comment

This one?

Yup, that's it. Thanks!

I guess they're running off to the nearest closet!

Comment

Working...
                                X