Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
    Good morning everyone!!!!!!!!! *hugs thread* i hope everyone had shippy dreams!!!!!!
    I wish I'd had a 'shippy dream... I dreamt about green glowing maggots last night, as far as I can remember.

At any rate...! As far as songs are concerned, Ani DiFranco's Anyday always reminds me of Elizabeth, and a little Sparky in there maybe. Wouldn't mind seeing a video to that, lots of balcony material. I'd make it if I could...

Originally posted by Southern_Red
    Uh...actually I'd give a triple fudge cake for just five minutes in a closet with...uh...never mind.
    Oh? Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Spoiler:
    Well, Vala's an aggressive lady in certain ways, and I wouldn't mind seeing her hit on John... or even Elizabeth because that would be very funny, and I have a sense from what I've seen of her that Vala doesn't much care about what gender she hits on. So to speak. And who wouldn't want to hit on Elizabeth... I mean, seriously... ^_^

LadyShip... do you forget about Prometheus Unbound? Daniel was on his way to Atlantis there, wasn't he, when they got accosted by Vala?

Either way, looks to be a great episode coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyShip
      And Claudia Black, the actress portraying Vala, is really amazing. Yup, watch the ep this Friday. We will be seeing more of her in Season 10 for SG-1.
      It's amazing seeing Claudia in things like SG1 and Farscape. I first saw her on an Aussie soap when she was about 23.... She played a nurse.

I'd love to see what Torri was like in The City. Now that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
        well
        Spoiler:
        it says Vala is going to Atlantis... LOL

Hey Jan!!!!! I know what you HAVE to draw!!! TLG kiss!!
        Hmmm, great idea. I'll think about that. For now, will you take this one too? Made it a few minutes ago.

Last edited by Jenova Synthesis; 28 February 2006, 05:57 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
          It's amazing seeing Claudia in things like SG1 and Farscape. I first saw her on an Aussie soap when she was about 23.... She played a nurse.

I'd love to see what Torri was like in The City. Now that would be cool.
          I know. I first saw Torri in Forever Knight, and some Tekwar eps. Both actresses are so cool...

Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice
          From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
          But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
          To say that for destruction ice is also great and would suffice.
          Robert Frost, Fire and Ice

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
            Hmmm, great idea. I'll think about that. For now, will you take this one too? Made it a few minutes ago.

OMG... Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

AND

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

SO TALENTED!

Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice
            From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
            But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
            To say that for destruction ice is also great and would suffice.
            Robert Frost, Fire and Ice

Comment

Originally posted by LadyShip
              OMG... Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

AND

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

SO TALENTED!
              YES !!!! OMG !!!!!!!!! GREAT !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                Spoiler:
                LOL, I bet Daniel would do the whole 'points at Vala and grunts, "Mine!" to John and Rodney. (Yes, partially quoting AQ. )
                *laughs*
                Spoiler:
                Yes, the men must understand what's what and who's who.

Okay, I just have to say it. I ended up on imdb a few minutes ago and I found this on Torri's page:

Personal quotes
                "I did my first convention this weekend and found this adorable group of girls - I think they call themselves 'shippers' - who have this thing about Weir and Sheppard and them having sex in closets...It's very weird!"

Now, I'm sure the many more experienced shippers have seen this quote, but I have to ask: Who told her about the sekrit sex in closets? *laughs self silly*

AQ

*revels in Teh Sparkiness*
                In Other News: Thor's been Thor-Napped and placed in TPTB's Closet of Thor-Napping! *oh noes*

Comment

Alyssa, I think that's the one but I don't have time to check. You can find the links to it here.

AQ, that would be Smish, Jenni and Vicki IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
                    Spoiler:

I can't really see John being 'Jealous' I can see him asking coyly asking questions of how she knows him so well.

Oh, I can. Perhaps not overtly but John is very much used to Elizabeth's one-to one strict attention on him. What happens when he thinks he becomes an afterthought to her? For myself, I don't think he'll like it one bit. And it will happen. There will come a time when someone will hold Elizabeth's attention for a short time and she'll be enchanted. I figure it will be someone like Jonus that will temporarily infactuate her in RL-someone that has a connection to what she is most fascinated by and drawn to-the Ancients. Is there any denying that she is enchanted by them after BIS? Even recently, Caldwell accused her of not thinking clearly on things due to her blind belief in the Ancients. This may even be part of the pull from her toward John. But anyhoo, I very much believe that if Elizabeth shows someone else equal or greater attention than John he'll not know what to do with himself. John wants her attention on him. He wants and daresay needs to be her most important 'other' I believe that any perceived 'threat' to his 'place' would be met with some very, very interesting John Sheppard reaction.
                    Last edited by Bama; 28 February 2006, 06:31 AM.

Comment

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to watch sg-1 to understand what is happening on Atlantis for next season. I don't know if this season 10 info will be a problem for that.
                      Spoiler:
                      I've considered quitting sg-1 after this season. I haven't been all that impressed with it this season and I really don't like Vala. They're going to have to tone her down a lot for me to be interested at all if she's to be a regular.
                      It has felt like the cast has been bored this season. Except Ben Browder.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
                        I was really hoping I wouldn't have to watch sg-1 to understand what is happening on Atlantis for next season. I don't know if this season 10 info will be a problem for that.
                        Spoiler:
                        I've considered quitting sg-1 after this season. I haven't been all that impressed with it this season and I really don't like Vala. They're going to have to tone her down a lot for me to be interested at all if she's to be a regular.
                        Oh, I actually was mildly amused by Vala. But I can't see her permanently meshing well with Sam or even the entire cast long-term with her personality though I could be wrong. I can see her in your face appeal to a lot of the audience but I'm not sold it will last any more than I'm sold any relationship she engaged in with Daniel would right now. I could see him over time perhaps helping to bring some mild changes to her that would be good for her and I can see her doing the same for him so I guess with some time for growth, I might could 'buy into' the idea of that working.

However, I totally agree with you on the rest of the cast and the stories. The entire SG-1 team just seems tired. Perhaps they're hopeful that Vala and Mitchell can re-energize the show but I don't know if it's enough. It's very hard for a show to ever be what it was when one of it's main leads goes. The x-files tried and it was just a different show. Not bad but so very different that it's hard for the audience to connect again when they've put so much energy and emotions into something they loved for so long.

I wonder at times if it's not time for TPTB to put all their creative energies into Atlantis and any newer creative spin-off it might create and let the original show go. SGA's ratings have been the better of the two consistently of late. SG-1's concept is one of the reasons why I don't enjoy the total 'team oriented' eps in these other-worldly villages too much on Atlantis. It's all been done before with SG-1. They're much more dull to me than the eps centered around the city and/or the problems created from the city and her threats.

Comment

Unfortunately to me in s10
                          Spoiler:
                          Vala is going to be a regular so I'm not too interested in the next season of sg-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                            John wants her attention on him. He wants and daresay needs to be her most important 'other' I believe that any perceived 'threat' to his 'place' would be met with some very, very interesting John Sheppard reaction.
                            Like maybe a lot of puppy dog eyes and that cute little bounce. And I'm not sure even John can handle Vala. Though I'd like to see him try. In front of Elizabeth. BTW I hear that this Friday on Inferno
                            Spoiler:
                            we get to see John flirt with a woman in front of Teyla. So, let's see, maybe it's a desperate ploy for her attention? Oh wait, John and Teyla have an understanding that their deep love is too much for either of them to handle right now so she hangs out with Ronon and he's allowed random women. Maybe that girl in The Tower had a picture of Teyla on her chest.
                            Bad SR, Bad SR

This must stop since I evidently have befriended a Sheyla over on the Sheppard Appreciation and Criticism uh...Discussion thread.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                              Like maybe a lot of puppy dog eyes and that cute little bounce. And I'm not sure even John can handle Vala. Though I'd like to see him try. In front of Elizabeth. BTW I hear that this Friday on Inferno
                              Spoiler:
                              we get to see John flirt with a woman in front of Teyla. So, let's see, maybe it's a desperate ploy for her attention? Oh wait, John and Teyla have an understanding that their deep love is too much for either of them to handle right now so she hangs out with Ronon and he's allowed random women. Maybe that girl in The Tower had a picture of Teyla on her chest.
                              Bad SR, Bad SR

This must stop since I evidently have befriended a Sheyla over on the Sheppard Appreciation and Criticism uh...Discussion thread.
                              Hey SR, now, a good friend will point out error to you. And a really true friend will just flat out tell you when you're off yer rocker. So, go forth and make sure and be a true friend to your new Sheyla buddy.

John
                              Spoiler:
                              flirting
                              in front of Teyla? Surely you jest!! It must be the double secret love way of doing things. Haven't you heard? It's the new shipper 'math'! You find that you're really attracted to a woman-you don't seek them out to talk to and flirt with for goodness sakes! But instead you totally ignore them all the time and grunt every now and again while running thru a spray of bullets. Nothin sez love like dodgin a bullet together.

ROTFL! Tattoo on her chest? Got to be it. *hugs SR-a kindred snark spirit*

P.S...What do we know on 'Inferno'? Any Sparky in the ep? It looks pretty interesting as a story but I'd like to see some 'OMG! He/She cannot die! I will give my life for him/her!!!' Sparky in one like this!
                              Last edited by Bama; 28 February 2006, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                                Oh, I can. Perhaps not overtly but John is very much used to Elizabeth's one-to one strict attention on him. What happens when he thinks he becomes an afterthought to her? For myself, I don't think he'll like it one bit. And it will happen. There will come a time when someone will hold Elizabeth's attention for a short time and she'll be enchanted. I figure it will be someone like Jonus that will temporarily infactuate her in RL-someone that has a connection to what she is most fascinated by and drawn to-the Ancients.
                                I would very much like to see this, not some outrageous jealousy scene. But John feeling the abandonment, like you said he's used to being the center of Elizabeth's attention. What i wouldn't give to see how he would react if Elizabeth became fascinated by someone else. But he has to be hot and smart and with a great haircut. Wait i know just the guy .
                                I bet cha John is the brooding type, he wouldn't show anger. I bet he'd just do the puppy eyes, and act like someone has just hit him with a rolled paper.
                                Originally posted by SGLAB
                                Spoiler:
                                Then stop watching, i stopped watching at the beginning of season 8, it got so boring. I can't stand Teal'c and they showed him so much, and to be honest O'Neill gets on my nerves. So i stopped watching, i've never understood why people say they're considering to stop watching a show. You don't like it, then don't watch. And i'm not being sarcastic or anything, seriously, i watched JAG for six seasons, but one day i realised that i hated Harm, and wanted Bud to drop death, and her wife was to me like the sound of nails on a blackboard. And i knew i couldn't take one more episode of that Harm/Mac soap opera.
                                I stopped watching SG1 and didn't miss it one bit.
                                I'll give it a try once nine season begins here, maybe without O'Neill gratting on my nerves it'll be better.

Comment

Working...
                                X