No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate losing an hour of sleep, but I do like it staying light later in the day.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    First week of April isn't bad at all. Of course, I suppose it also depends on the specialty; some may just have more doctors available than others.​
    Very true. I looked the doctor up online and he's only 35, which will be weird. Usually my doctors are all my age or older. But maybe it's a good thing because he'll be more current.

Oh, and I was talking to my friend that I travel with and she suggested a trip for us either this spring or fall. She has a friend who lives in Fort Myers, Florida and we could stay with her. She lives in a condo complex that has a pool. My friend has Southwest Airlines points so the flight would be free, and she said we can eat at home most of the time so it won't cost a lot for that either. I hope this happens because I really need a vacation. I haven't gone away in years. I've had stay-cations and I had my Tumblr friend visit but I haven't gotten to leave the state and properly travel.

Comment

No Academy Award for the Belgian nominee Close in the Foreign Film category. Not that it surprises me, the topic is not exactly one that would woe an American audience. It tells the story of two boys who are best friends slash boyfriends even though neither wants to admit that until one of them commits suicide and the other feels guilty about the way he treated their relationship as they entered adolescence. It's basically an in-the-closet story.

It did swipe a lot of awards in Europe though.

The Oscar was won by the German film All Is Quiet On The Western Front, a war epic.

Anywho... looking forward to spending my monday morning gawking at dresses worn on the champagne colored carpet. The people wearing them are an added bonus.

It might help with the fact that I have to go into the office instead of working from home cause my colleagues are being a-holes (pardon my french) to the nth degree. Last week, the respect for my work sank to a new low point so I'm honestly very happy that I'm leaving at the end of the month. I'm don't know if I can keep it up until then though... I'm definitely on the edge of the ravine.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Anywho... looking forward to spending my monday morning gawking at dresses worn on the champagne colored carpet. The people wearing them are an added bonus.

It might help with the fact that I have to go into the office instead of working from home cause my colleagues are being a-holes (pardon my french) to the nth degree. Last week, the respect for my work sank to a new low point so I'm honestly very happy that I'm leaving at the end of the month. I'm don't know if I can keep it up until then though... I'm definitely on the edge of the ravine.
        Well, assuming your work is exactly the same whether it is done at home, or in the office, then maybe your colleagues only want you in the office just so they can spend more time with you before you leave.
        (ulterior motive. So they can pay closer attention to what you do, & how you do it so they can actually learn, & not be in so deep a hole after you are gone.)

IF they do not respect your work (& I really think it is only jealousy because you are good and they are not) then the best place for you is IN the office so you can tell your boss that your colleagues feel that you are loosing it, & they want to do your work to show the boss how good they are.
        And as you are loosing it, perhaps (if you have any time owing to you) you should take a few days off to recuperate and come back fully fit to leave on a high note, thereby leaving your colleagues to show the boss how good (or bad) they really are,

(Lemmings jumping off high places does not end well, so you have to step back from the ravine)
        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Thanks for the pep-talk.

Also, I gawked at well-dressed and probably-should-have-reconsidered-that-outfit people on the champagne-colored carpet at the Oscars. 189 photo's ranging between "nope" to "heck yeah", and "always good looking there" to "how old are you again?".

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            I hate losing an hour of sleep, but I do like it staying light later in the day.
            Me too! Feels like I've gotten more done when it's still light out after dinner time.

Very true. I looked the doctor up online and he's only 35, which will be weird. Usually my doctors are all my age or older. But maybe it's a good thing because he'll be more current.
            An excellent point.

Oh, and I was talking to my friend that I travel with and she suggested a trip for us either this spring or fall. She has a friend who lives in Fort Myers, Florida and we could stay with her. She lives in a condo complex that has a pool. My friend has Southwest Airlines points so the flight would be free, and she said we can eat at home most of the time so it won't cost a lot for that either. I hope this happens because I really need a vacation. I haven't gone away in years. I've had stay-cations and I had my Tumblr friend visit but I haven't gotten to leave the state and properly travel.
            Ooooh, that sounds like fun! I hope it works out!

No Academy Award for the Belgian nominee Close in the Foreign Film category. Not that it surprises me, the topic is not exactly one that would woe an American audience. It tells the story of two boys who are best friends slash boyfriends even though neither wants to admit that until one of them commits suicide and the other feels guilty about the way he treated their relationship as they entered adolescence. It's basically an in-the-closet story.

It did swipe a lot of awards in Europe though.

The Oscar was won by the German film All Is Quiet On The Western Front, a war epic.
            I was rooting for The Quiet Girl, from Ireland.

Ouch. I think Who Knows gave some very very good advice on the situation. Hang in there!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's Pi Day!!!!

Comment

*hugs to FH*

Comment

It's Pi Day!!!!
                    And we had our after-work quiz night... came in second and thereby lost the winner's cup the team had been holding onto for 7 years straight, but damn we were so close. Places 1 to 3 were literally each separated by 2 points. Of course, all was in good fun!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

It's Pi Day!!!!
                      Mmmm... pie....

Hey, do you know what today is? It's the Ides of March! Time to go get our knives and stab some bottles of Caesar dressing!

And we had our after-work quiz night... came in second and thereby lost the winner's cup the team had been holding onto for 7 years straight, but damn we were so close. Places 1 to 3 were literally each separated by 2 points. Of course, all was in good fun!
                      Ah well, had to happen at some point, I guess. Glad it was still a fun time!

Comment

Hey, GW is back up again!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Sorry you lost the cup, FH.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Mmmm... pie....

Hey, do you know what today is? It's the Ides of March! Time to go get our knives and stab some bottles of Caesar dressing!

It would have been the perfect day for a coup at Twitter. They lost their moment, is all I'm saying.

Comment

Happy St. Patrick’s day. I dutifully wore green for my zoom meetings but am keeping my hiney on the couch tonight. Still working the “temp” contract gig along with my main job and going to school so sorry I’m such a slacker though I smile every time I do get logged in and catch up. JT2 hope you get to take that trip!

Comment

Sorry you lost the cup, FH.
                            Secretely I was rather happy cause the 2nd place price was rather cooler than the first place price, and probably worth the same amount** -- La Casa de Papel boardgame.
                            First place got a 20 euro coupon for an online store.

** 7 euro cheaper so not that much of a difference -- I just checked.

Comment

My sleep schedule has gotten off whack again so I'm up at 2am. Gonna be a long day!! I'm thinking some beach time might be needed later.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                              Happy St. Patrick’s day. I dutifully wore green for my zoom meetings but am keeping my hiney on the couch tonight. Still working the “temp” contract gig along with my main job and going to school so sorry I’m such a slacker though I smile every time I do get logged in and catch up. JT2 hope you get to take that trip!
                              Thanks! I hope you get some time to rest soon!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                              Secretely I was rather happy cause the 2nd place price was rather cooler than the first place price, and probably worth the same amount** -- La Casa de Papel boardgame.

Nice!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Hey, the forum's back up!

St. Patrick's Day was nice and quiet out here. Playing some of my Irish music cds, corned beef with Guinness for dinner...and Guinness chocolate cupcakes for dessert.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                                I agree with JT-2, hope you get some rest soon! *hugs*​

Hah! You were meant to get that board game!

My sleep schedule has gotten off whack again so I'm up at 2am. Gonna be a long day!! I'm thinking some beach time might be needed later.
                                Yay, beach time!

Comment

Working...
                                X