Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    ...how soaked can we get?
    I raise you hiking in a thunderstorm which, we learned the next day, washed away a bridge in Carlysle (UK). Even the cows hiding underneath the tree thought we were mental.

When our hostess at the B&B saw us coming she directed us to the back of the building, on the double. There was no way those 3 drenched hikers were going to walk in through the frontdoor.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty SNOW DAY!!!!

Yep, it's snowing. We've got at least 2 inches on the ground and it's still coming down. The good news is, it's 36 degrees and still rising, so the snow's already melting.

They keep increasing our snow forecast. Now it's 5-7 inches. Normally I wouldn't care as I have someone to shovel for me, but tomorrow I need to go out in the morning. So this should be interesting. I'll finally find out how my all wheel drive car does in snow!

ETA: Now it's 6-8.
      Hope everything's okay back there!​

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I raise you hiking in a thunderstorm which, we learned the next day, washed away a bridge in Carlysle (UK). Even the cows hiding underneath the tree thought we were mental.

When our hostess at the B&B saw us coming she directed us to the back of the building, on the double. There was no way those 3 drenched hikers were going to walk in through the frontdoor.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

We got about 4-5 inches of snow altogether. My appointment got canceled so I didn't have to go out anyway.

I can just picture it!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
        Yep, it's snowing. We've got at least 2 inches on the ground and it's still coming down. The good news is, it's 36 degrees and still rising, so the snow's already melting.
        Just enough to be pretty!!

Comment

I can just picture it!
          I can still vividly remember the sound my feet were making in my hiking shoes... or more accurately how they were literally swimming in there.

That was absolutely the most soaked we'd ever been. I do remember we had plenty of laughs too.

In other news, one of my colleagues bought me the best bribe ever yesterday: half a kilo of my favorite chocolates from Leonidas.

To make sure I have enough energy to write all of the Robot Design Specification documents I'm behind on.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

We got about 4-5 inches of snow altogether. My appointment got canceled so I didn't have to go out anyway.
            Yay for not having to go out in the snow!

In other news, one of my colleagues bought me the best bribe ever yesterday: half a kilo of my favorite chocolates from Leonidas.

To make sure I have enough energy to write all of the Robot Design Specification documents I'm behind on.
            Now THAT's a bribe!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Any Mandalorian fans out there? I'm not a fan but I know the basics from Tumblr. My brother started watching it on Tuesday (snow day) and was telling me today how much he loves it. He's not a big Star Wars fan in general. Anyway, he keeps saying how "baby Yoda" is so cute and various other stuff so I casually say "you know it's not really baby Yoda, right?" Nope, he thought it was literally baby Yoda. I told him it was Grogu and that it happened after Return of the Jedi when Yoda died. I don't think he believed me. He'll have to accept it when Luke shows up. It was hilarious how he didn't believe me.... I'm like, hello??? This is your Star Wars/sci-fi loving sister here!!!!

I can still vividly remember the sound my feet were making in my hiking shoes... or more accurately how they were literally swimming in there.

That was absolutely the most soaked we'd ever been. I do remember we had plenty of laughs too.
              It's fun to get that soaked when you're with loved ones. The most soaked I got was walking back from class with a friend in college and there was a downpour. We were laughing so hard, though. Great memories.

Ooooh, nice!!

Comment

And you are sure that is why they did it, and not because they are trying to bribe you in to staying?
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Any Mandalorian fans out there? I'm not a fan but I know the basics from Tumblr. My brother started watching it on Tuesday (snow day) and was telling me today how much he loves it. He's not a big Star Wars fan in general. Anyway, he keeps saying how "baby Yoda" is so cute and various other stuff so I casually say "you know it's not really baby Yoda, right?"
                  Everybody was calling him Baby Yoda at first, I think, unaware he couldn't be.

So happy it's back! First episode of season 3 didn't disappoint.

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                  And you are sure that is why they did it, and not because they are trying to bribe you in to staying?
                  Too late now, the date is set and my contract is signed. The severance has also been accepted. I could still change my mind but I'm not going to.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Any Mandalorian fans out there? I'm not a fan but I know the basics from Tumblr. My brother started watching it on Tuesday (snow day) and was telling me today how much he loves it. He's not a big Star Wars fan in general. Anyway, he keeps saying how "baby Yoda" is so cute and various other stuff so I casually say "you know it's not really baby Yoda, right?" Nope, he thought it was literally baby Yoda. I told him it was Grogu and that it happened after Return of the Jedi when Yoda died. I don't think he believed me. He'll have to accept it when Luke shows up. It was hilarious how he didn't believe me.... I'm like, hello??? This is your Star Wars/sci-fi loving sister here!!!!
                    Boy, is he gonna get wrecked...

I'm holding off on watching any S3 until the last episode drops, so I can binge the whole thing at once. More fun that way.

Comment

Wow I think I lost some time. All I know is that I’ve done so very much work and school, napped a bit and have survived on milkshakes and Girl Scout cookies.

And wow, so glad I’m not getting any of that snow JT2. I’d love to know how your AWD does and I’ll be in the market for a new to me car soon.

we are getting so much rain that they have cancelled school tomorrow.

i like the idea of waiting to watch Mandalorian. I said that last time and caved. I suspect I’ll lose that battle again, lol. I have a giant project due this weekend and the a reprieve to normal stupid homework. Why did I do this to myself?!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                        Wow I think I lost some time. All I know is that I’ve done so very much work and school, napped a bit and have survived on milkshakes and Girl Scout cookies.

And wow, so glad I’m not getting any of that snow JT2. I’d love to know how your AWD does and I’ll be in the market for a new to me car soon.

i like the idea of waiting to watch Mandalorian. I said that last time and caved. I suspect I’ll lose that battle again, lol. I have a giant project due this weekend and the a reprieve to normal stupid homework. Why did I do this to myself?!
                        Ah, to be young again and be able to live off of milkshakes and cookies. These days, I have to have oatmeal in the morning and a balanced dinner in the evening.

It's easy enough for me to wait on watching Mando, since my Disney+ subscription is currently inactive. I'll re-up for a month when all the episodes are available, then shut it down again.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Boy, is he gonna get wrecked...
                          He really should listen to his nerdy sister.

I'm holding off on watching any S3 until the last episode drops, so I can binge the whole thing at once. More fun that way.
                          You won't get spoiled?

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                          I didn't end up driving in the snow after all, since my appointment got cancelled.​ I suppose I could just go out and drive in the snow regardless, but it seems like courting disaster, you know?

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                          That must be a lot of rain?!!?!?!?!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                          It's easy enough for me to wait on watching Mando, since my Disney+ subscription is currently inactive. I'll re-up for a month when all the episodes are available, then shut it down again.
                          That's what I'm planning on doing with Ted Lasso. I haven't seen any of it, but it has intrigued me. So I'm waiting on 2 things:

1. To see if it ends well. I've been burned by too many shows ending poorly after I got hooked on them. (I'm looking at you, Timeless).
                          2. For the final season to drop in its entirety, then I'll get a brief subscription to Apple+, binge it, and then drop it again.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

You won't get spoiled?
                            Probably not. I don't hang out in any SW-centric forums or the like, and I know all of you here use the spoiler tags, so I think I'm good.

That's what I'm planning on doing with Ted Lasso. I haven't seen any of it, but it has intrigued me. So I'm waiting on 2 things:

1. To see if it ends well. I've been burned by too many shows ending poorly after I got hooked on them. (I'm looking at you, Timeless).
                            2. For the final season to drop in its entirety, then I'll get a brief subscription to Apple+, binge it, and then drop it again.
                            And SGA, for that matter...

Comment

And SGA, for that matter...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

Working...
                                X