No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Falcon Horus -- Whoa! The bomb has been dropped indeed! Glad to hear everyone's taking it well, LOL at April Fools reference and the "lucky bastards" comment! *hugs you*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Falcon Horus -- Whoa! The bomb has been dropped indeed! Glad to hear everyone's taking it well, LOL at April Fools reference and the "lucky bastards" comment! *hugs you*
      More shelling tomorrow as not everyone has been told yet. I sincerely hope my teamlead has recovered by then.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Bomb has been dropped and my teamlead was dead on impact!

Felt a little guilty when he said he thought it had something to do with him. It doesn't cause I think he's becoming a really good fit for the team. Nevertheless, he had definitely envisioned his Monday a bit differently.

My 2 direct colleagues guessed it when I asked to have a meeting together -- I generally never do that so they knew something was up. Ah well, makes it easier I guess.
        However, it will, without a doubt, set off some serious ripples... that's for sure.
        Congrats!!! Lol at the April fools timing. I may borrow that play one day.

Comment

Congrats, Falcon Horus, on letting your current work team know. I still find it bizarre that you have to remain at your current job for so long.

Comment

Hmmm. I would have wanted a break (all be it just 2 days) and started my new job on Monday 3rd April.
            But maybe Belgium starts their week on a Saturday, so I will shut up.
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Congrats, Falcon Horus, on letting your current work team know.
              I am now guilty of involuntary manslaughter... gave many a heart attack today.

One of my colleagues, at one point, walked past me calling out to me: "I'm so shook I was on my way to the microwave without realizing I didn't have my food with me."

I still find it bizarre that you have to remain at your current job for so long.
              I get why but they'll never find a replacement in the next few weeks -- some of my work is so unique to what I do that they'll be in trouble for a wee bit (which I can't help of course).

It was unexpected -- even for me -- so yeah... next few weeks will be interesting to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                Hmmm. I would have wanted a break (all be it just 2 days) and started my new job on Monday 3rd April.
                But maybe Belgium starts their week on a Saturday, so I will shut up.
                No, it's a monday but if the contract starts on the 3rd, it means I will have been officially unemployed for those 2 days of weekend, and that too has consequences -- basically government administration.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

More shelling tomorrow as not everyone has been told yet. I sincerely hope my teamlead has recovered by then.

I am now guilty of involuntary manslaughter... gave many a heart attack today.

One of my colleagues, at one point, walked past me calling out to me: "I'm so shook I was on my way to the microwave without realizing I didn't have my food with me."
                  Hoo boy, what shenanigans!

Speaking of shenanigans, here's this season's College Football Roundup: Bowl Edition! The national championship game was won last night by Georgia, who beat TCU in a whopping 65-7 (our old friend Eri13 is no doubt over the moon with joy this morning!). As for the rest of our teams, USC stumbled and fell to Tulane in the Cotton Bowl 46-45 (GRR! ), Tennessee beat Clemson in the Orange Bowl 31-14, and Air Force beat Baylor in the Armed Forces Bowl 30-15. Congrats to everyone on a season bravely played! On to next season!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    ... and Air Force beat Baylor in the Armed Forces Bowl 30-15. Congrats to everyone on a season bravely played! On to next season!
                    Air Force had a good season.
                    I'm happy for my fellow Falcons.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Air Force had a good season.
                      I'm happy for my fellow Falcons.
                      Indeed!

Comment

I get why but they'll never find a replacement in the next few weeks -- some of my work is so unique to what I do that they'll be in trouble for a wee bit (which I can't help of course).

It was unexpected -- even for me -- so yeah... next few weeks will be interesting to say the least.
                        Well, from what I've heard about Twitter it sounds like European workers have more rights than US ones do, so it makes sense really that you also have to be more responsible.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                        Speaking of shenanigans, here's this season's College Football Roundup: Bowl Edition! The national championship game was won last night by Georgia, who beat TCU in a whopping 65-7 (our old friend Eri13 is no doubt over the moon with joy this morning!). As for the rest of our teams, USC stumbled and fell to Tulane in the Cotton Bowl 46-45 (GRR! ), Tennessee beat Clemson in the Orange Bowl 31-14, and Air Force beat Baylor in the Armed Forces Bowl 30-15. Congrats to everyone on a season bravely played! On to next season!
                        Yeah, a morning show I was watching talked about the 65-7 Georgia game. They were saying the teams got picked by a committee? In pro-football, whoever wins moves on. So the committee idea is just weird to me. Anyway, they were saying the game was awful and that most people tuned out after halftime.

Sorry about USC!! To come THAT close... ugh, I am sorry.

Neither of my pro-football teams made the playoffs this year. I'm going to root for the Eagles since my Tumblr bestie is from Philly and she said they could become my third team for this season.

Comment

Well, from what I've heard about Twitter it sounds like European workers have more rights than US ones do, so it makes sense really that you also have to be more responsible.
                          Mmm yeah... in comparison to US Work Laws ours are a wee bit more extensive.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yeah, a morning show I was watching talked about the 65-7 Georgia game. They were saying the teams got picked by a committee? In pro-football, whoever wins moves on. So the committee idea is just weird to me. Anyway, they were saying the game was awful and that most people tuned out after halftime.
                            Yeah, freakin' committee. I guess it's because there's just so many more teams than the pros? Still, they ought to do it the way the pros do it, play it on the field.

Sorry about USC!! To come THAT close... ugh, I am sorry.
                            That game was...painful. Came from behind and shanked us. I KNEW we should've gone for it instead of settling for a field goal, but noooo...

Neither of my pro-football teams made the playoffs this year. I'm going to root for the Eagles since my Tumblr bestie is from Philly and she said they could become my third team for this season.
                            Awesome! On my end, we'll see if the Seahawks make it.

Comment

This is too crazy for words, but my colleagues have started a poll on when I'll boomerang back to the company (like another colleague just did -- she resigned last year and has now returned to us after 8 months).

There's one colleague who has said that I won't return, others think it'll be either June, July, September or December 2023.

In the meantime, the people at the other company have asked if I can shorten the extra weeks, but I can't. Instead I think they would ask to add a few extra weeks.

My colleagues are currently a wee bit in denial, I think.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!!! AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

This is too crazy for words, but my colleagues have started a poll on when I'll boomerang back to the company (like another colleague just did -- she resigned last year and has now returned to us after 8 months).

There's one colleague who has said that I won't return, others think it'll be either June, July, September or December 2023.

In the meantime, the people at the other company have asked if I can shorten the extra weeks, but I can't. Instead I think they would ask to add a few extra weeks.

My colleagues are currently a wee bit in denial, I think.
                                That's hilarious! I suppose they have to find something to amuse themselves with!

Comment

Working...
                                X