Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Definitely true for the bunch from a former job.
    But we weren't as connected as I am with several now -- definitely never went away on weekends with that bunch.
    It does vary. There's one woman I became good friends with, and we are still very good friends.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
    *hugs John* He does have a point though. When has real life ever been so perfect?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
    LMAO at the story about your mom's surgery. Those must've been some whacky drugs!
    Oh yes! She would get high off small amounts of drugs, so it wasn't surprising that the anesthesia they used made her loopy. Two regular strength Tylenol would make her fall asleep. And once they gave her some calming meds before a cardiac catherization, and she ended up singing church songs while they wheeled her down the hall. My sister and I were just like..... *shrug*... at least she had a good voice.

I, on the other hand, have the constitution of a horse and am largely immune to mind altering drugs. When I had my first colonoscopy, they kept giving me more and more sedation and were shocked that I wasn't asleep. The doctor had come into the room all gloved and gowned up, and looked at me like I had 2 heads when I said I wasn't the least bit drowsy. Eventually they did get me to sleep, but then I woke up mid-way through. For my second one, they used general anesthesia just so we wouldn't have a repeat.​ And for every surgery I've ever had, even one when I was 12, they've given me calming drugs that have had zero effect.
    Last edited by JT-2; 27 January 2023, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Oh yes! She would get high off small amounts of drugs, so it wasn't surprising that the anesthesia they used made her loopy. Two regular strength Tylenol would make her fall asleep. And once they gave her some calming meds before a cardiac catherization, and she ended up singing church songs while they wheeled her down the hall. My sister and I were just like..... *shrug*... at least she had a good voice.

I, on the other hand, have the constitution of a horse and am largely immune to mind altering drugs. When I had my first colonoscopy, they kept giving me more and more sedation and were shocked that I wasn't asleep. The doctor had come into the room all gloved and gowned up, and looked at me like I had 2 heads when I said I wasn't the least bit drowsy. Eventually they did get me to sleep, but then I woke up mid-way through. For my second one, they used general anesthesia just so we wouldn't have a repeat.​ And for every surgery I've ever had, even one when I was 12, they've given me calming drugs that have had zero effect.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yup. I've had a few laser lithotripsy procedures to break up kidney stones, and every single time I would wake up in the middle. At least that wasn't as horrifying as waking up mid-colonoscopy.

Comment

Will never forget that shot of morphine they once gave me after my surgery 30... ( -- realizes how long ago that is...) ...years ago. Bloody lovely.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey, the forum's back up!!

And the Philadelphia Eagles won their divisional game and are going to the Superbowl!!!!! They'll be playing the Kansas City Chiefs. That will be in 2 weeks, on Feb. 12. My niece's birthday is the 14th, and we better not be celebrating it on the 12th. I want to watch my Superbowl in peace, not with the 10 and 11 year olds.

Will never forget that shot of morphine they once gave me after my surgery 30... ( -- realizes how long ago that is...) ...years ago. Bloody lovely.
            I know what you're saying. When I've had kidney stones, they (eventually) will give me the strong IV stuff - Dilaudid. That stuff is amazing. You still feel the pain, but you don't care so much.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

And the Philadelphia Eagles won their divisional game and are going to the Superbowl!!!!! They'll be playing the Kansas City Chiefs.
              Yay! Good luck to the Eagles!

That will be in 2 weeks, on Feb. 12. My niece's birthday is the 14th, and we better not be celebrating it on the 12th. I want to watch my Superbowl in peace, not with the 10 and 11 year olds.
              That would suck. Hopefully they're having it on the Saturday.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                That would suck. Hopefully they're having it on the Saturday.
                We always do them on Sundays, hence my concern. But let's hope we do it the weekend after instead. Or at least do it early in the day instead of at dinnertime. I love my great-niece and great-nephew. I don't want to sound like I don't. But the Superbowl deserves your full attention, you know?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

And...it's snowing. This time yesterday the forecast didn't show snow. Last night they were saying only a little wintry mix from about 6am to 8am. But noooo everything's white out, we've got two inches on the ground, and it's still coming down after 9am. WTF go home Elsa you're drunk.

We always do them on Sundays, hence my concern. But let's hope we do it the weekend after instead. Or at least do it early in the day instead of at dinnertime. I love my great-niece and great-nephew. I don't want to sound like I don't. But the Superbowl deserves your full attention, you know?
                  Yep. Some people just have no sense when it comes to scheduling something around a big event like the SB. But hey, an early in the day party has major potential. Betcha the kids would love a monster pancake breakfast/brunch!

Comment

And...it's snowing. This time yesterday the forecast didn't show snow. Last night they were saying only a little wintry mix from about 6am to 8am. But noooo everything's white out, we've got two inches on the ground, and it's still coming down after 9am. WTF go home Elsa you're drunk.

We got some unexpected snow this morning too, but it was very brief and didn't accumulate. How much snow did you ultimately get??

Yep. Some people just have no sense when it comes to scheduling something around a big event like the SB. But hey, an early in the day party has major potential. Betcha the kids would love a monster pancake breakfast/brunch!
                    Yes, this is true!! I could see them really enjoying that (I would too!).

Comment

Y'all having winter conditions, while I'm yelling (very vocally I might add) to the F'ing birds that it ain't Spring yet so they should keep their F'ing yaps shut!

Comment

Y'all having winter conditions, while I'm yelling (very vocally I might add) to the F'ing birds that it ain't Spring yet so they should keep their F'ing yaps shut!

Somehow I'm picturing lemming you doing this, and it's F'ing hysterical!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

We got some unexpected snow this morning too, but it was very brief and didn't accumulate. How much snow did you ultimately get??
                          Only that couple of inches, the layers underneath were melting even as more fell, so it never got bad. Just wet. Still a major WTF moment.

Yes, this is true!! I could see them really enjoying that (I would too!).
                          You might want to try suggesting it. With the kids around so they can go nuts saying they wants it, they wants it.

Same here!

Comment

It is funny... as long as no one else is around, which wasn't the case yesterday so errm... that was a wee bit awkward.

Comment

My joints have all been hurting like whoa, so I went to the doctor today. He ran a ton of bloodwork that is still coming in, and also put me on a short term treatment of some steroids - prednisone. I don't know if any of you have ever been on that before, but it makes all your inflammation go away. I haven't felt this good in years!! Now I need to watch myself that I don't overdo it.

You might want to try suggesting it. With the kids around so they can go nuts saying they wants it, they wants it.

Ooooh, you're sneaky. I like it!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                              It is funny... as long as no one else is around, which wasn't the case yesterday so errm... that was a wee bit awkward.
                              Ooopsie!!​

Comment

My joints have all been hurting like whoa, so I went to the doctor today. He ran a ton of bloodwork that is still coming in, and also put me on a short term treatment of some steroids - prednisone. I don't know if any of you have ever been on that before, but it makes all your inflammation go away. I haven't felt this good in years!! Now I need to watch myself that I don't overdo it.
                                Muahahaha... that false sense of having a younger body again.

Comment

Working...
                                X