No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday! And Happy (belated!) Birthday to Falcon Horus!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Thank you and I did indeed. I received a gift card from a well-known toy-store over here (Dreamland) for a total of 100 euro so I went to a store nearby and got me a new Lego set -- the Great Pyramid of Giza.

Have yet to start building cause my Lego light kit for my ship in a bottle set arrived in the mail so I wanted to install that first. However, due to some unfortunate breaking of bricks (nothing to do with the light kit) I had to order spare parts so that won't be completed until next week.

Tomorrow (Friday), I have an aunt coming over to spend the day here and in the evening I'm going out to see the Giants Bugs and Those That Eat Them lightfestival at the zoo nearby (link is to a youtube trailer -- Dutch only but you'll get the idea) with my best friend and sister, and afterwards we'll have French Fries for dinner to celebrate my b'day of today (Thursday).

I also have a wee little birthday inspired "Unofficial office saga" chapter in mind ... Laura Cadman is going to be making an appearance. That's all I can say for now.
    Sounds like a grand time is being had, both yesterday and today! Awesome!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I had a bit of a medical scare from Tuesday night into Wednesday. I started getting episodes of severe left shoulder pain, radiating down my left arm. It didn't appear to be related to movement of any kind. I was scared it was my heart, so I went to the ER. They ran all kinds of tests which were thankfully negative. They had no idea what the pain was caused from. It seems to be getting better.
    ​​ Whew, glad the tests came back negative! I think Falcon Horus may have the right of it with a tweaked nerve somewhere.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Happy New year my Sparky family!!!

I Know I don't often write here. I think of you but I'm still afraid that you have forgotten me...
    I'm so happy to see that this thread still exists and that I find the same beautiful persons

Happy Birthday Falcon!!!
    Probie! *HUGS YOU* We'll never forget our awesome Probie! Happy New Year, I hope you've been doing well!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

PROBIE!!!!! *envelops you in a giant (relatively speaking) Lemming hug*

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! Belated or otherwise.

I now share it with another family member. My niece gave birth to a little girl Thursday morning, Elma (little sister to Vic). Unfortunately, it also meant that I received not a single birthday wish from any of my relatives, except my dad and my uncle (who pointed out that Elma is my birthday-buddy now). So, Elma already stole my thunder and she was barely a couple of hours old.

The lightfestival was very nice, and very beautiful. Managed to snap a few pictures, though most of them were taken by my sister as her hand is more steady than mine. I'll put some up on my Instagram later.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Falcon: My nephew was born on my birthday too. I sympathize. He stole my birthday....but I love him.

Scary: I'm fine and I hope it's the same for you
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

PROBIE!!!!! *envelops you in a giant (relatively speaking) Lemming hug*

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! Belated or otherwise.

I now share it with another family member. My niece gave birth to a little girl Thursday morning, Elma (little sister to Vic). Unfortunately, it also meant that I received not a single birthday wish from any of my relatives, except my dad and my uncle (who pointed out that Elma is my birthday-buddy now). So, Elma already stole my thunder and she was barely a couple of hours old.

The lightfestival was very nice, and very beautiful. Managed to snap a few pictures, though most of them were taken by my sister as her hand is more steady than mine. I'll put some up on my Instagram later.
          Whoops! But hey, you've got a birthday buddy now! That's awesome!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          Scary: I'm fine and I hope it's the same for you
          Glad to see it, and it is indeed going well for me too. *hugs*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Whoops! But hey, you've got a birthday buddy now! That's awesome!
            There's an up -- I won't forget Elma's birthday. (neither can I forget Vic's cause he's a Halloween baby)

Comment

I have Paramount Plus now. I've been watching various Star Trek shows.
              sigpic
              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                I have Paramount Plus now. I've been watching various Star Trek shows.
                I can watch them on Netflix still -- the older ones, not the newer ones (those I have to download).

If you happen to be into Dan Brown's Langdon series, you could also watch The Lost Symbol. Sadly it got cancelled after one season but it was really good. Just finished reading the book and I have to say I prefer the TV-serie to the book.

Comment

If you happen to be into Dan Brown's Langdon series, you could also watch The Lost Symbol. Sadly it got cancelled after one season but it was really good. Just finished reading the book and I have to say I prefer the TV-series to the book.
                  I have watched the movies The DaVinci Code, Angels and Demons and Inferno, and enjoyed them. I was looking forward to The Lost Symbol when it came out as a movie, but money got in the way and it went to a series. I am sorry to hear it failed after one season.

Speaking of shared Birthdays. I have a cousin born on my Birthday 11 years after me, and my late ex-wife remarried & her first baby son was also on my Birthday.
                  (Proves the longer you live the more you get.)
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

There's an up -- I won't forget Elma's birthday. (neither can I forget Vic's cause he's a Halloween baby)
                    Halloween? Awesome!

Comment

Star Trek is still on Netflix? I'm watching Picard now.
                      sigpic
                      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                        Star Trek is still on Netflix? I'm watching Picard now.
                        It is in Europe --> Voyager, Deep Space Nine, TOS, TNG and Enterprise.

Discovery got yanked right at the start of season 4 so bought the DVD's instead and downloaded the new season. Also dl Picard and Prodigy (the latter I haven't watched yet).

Monday, the 9th... I'm about tell my colleagues I'm leaving them. I joked to my dad I would call my teamlead, wish him the best for the new year and then tell him that I have good news and bad news. We laughed a little and then I said that I couldn't do it like that, could I. Then my sister revealed that was exactly how she announced her resignation at her the previous company she worked at and I was like ... *gasp* you didn't!

But she did.

Comment

Let us know how it goes.

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                            Let us know how it goes.
                            Bomb has been dropped and my teamlead was dead on impact!

Felt a little guilty when he said he thought it had something to do with him. It doesn't cause I think he's becoming a really good fit for the team. Nevertheless, he had definitely envisioned his Monday a bit differently.

My 2 direct colleagues guessed it when I asked to have a meeting together -- I generally never do that so they knew something was up. Ah well, makes it easier I guess.
                            However, it will, without a doubt, set off some serious ripples... that's for sure.

Comment

And how long before you can actually leave?

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                                And how long before you can actually leave?
                                Considering I'm nearing 8 years at my current position, I would have to continue working for about 12 to 13 weeks, so that would be halfway April that I could start at the new company. But I asked that my time with the current one can stop on the 31st of March which is a Friday so that I can officially start on the 1st of April (some April Fool's joke that is).

My previous teamlead made me laugh out loud. Turns out, my current one spilled the beans (didn't specifically said that he couldn't) and told her. She send me a message that it was regrettable that I was leaving and who the "lucky bastards" were that would get me next.

Comment

Working...
                                X