Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I think my reaction to a bear or boar would be a combo of JT-2 and Falcon Horus... first the "cool!" then the "ZOMG GET ME OUTTA HERE!"
    Screaming like a girl, which probably chases both animals away... I hope.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I was at the eye doctor and multiple people had their masks down below their noses. How is that helpful?????

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

That reminds me of the time I opened our bulkhead doors (from the inside) only to discover a big old snake. My mom was there at the time, and she said it was the fastest she'd ever seen me move. I didn't scream, though. I just bolted.

One of the dogs we once had hated snakes with a passion. If he found one in the yard he would pick it up with his mouth and fling it across the yard.
        Last edited by JT-2; 29 November 2022, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          I was at the eye doctor and multiple people had their masks down below their noses. How is that helpful?????
          Fairly tempted to tell such people that if they can't wear it the right way, they shouldn't bother covering only their mouths either.

That reminds me of the time I opened our bulkhead doors (from the inside) only to discover a big old snake. My mom was there at the time, and she said it was the fastest she'd ever seen me move. I didn't scream, though. I just bolted.

I'm not that easily spooked. Mind you, we don't have a wide variety of snakes in Belgium. We have 2 species, I think, and neither are poisonous. Of course, that's not counting the escaped Boa's and Ball Pythons but they don't fair well since they can't handly the cold so they rarely if ever survive for very long out in the open.

I've never seen a snake in the wild in all my... wait, I did once... in France, crossing in front of our kayak. I thought it was cool

My sister, however, got spooked by a lizard once and smashed the door shut on the poor animal. This happened in the Azores. She immediately realized what she'd done though and as we opened the door again, the poor thing was cowering in a small alcove just below the frame of the door. It skedaddled once it realized it was in no further danger but it chose to run inside, not the other way so my sister ended up dancing on top of the couch with me laughing my head off.

We never saw any trace of that small creature again the rest of our stay so we have no idea where it ended up in the end.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

That's the idea.

LOL!

One of the dogs we once had hated snakes with a passion. If he found one in the yard he would pick it up with his mouth and fling it across the yard.
            Good dog! The very bestest of boys!

My sister, however, got spooked by a lizard once and smashed the door shut on the poor animal. This happened in the Azores. She immediately realized what she'd done though and as we opened the door again, the poor thing was cowering in a small alcove just below the frame of the door. It skedaddled once it realized it was in no further danger but it chose to run inside, not the other way so my sister ended up dancing on top of the couch with me laughing my head off.

We never saw any trace of that small creature again the rest of our stay so we have no idea where it ended up in the end.
            OMG!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Just found out Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac has died. She was 79. Fleetwood Mac is my favorite band. I saw them once in concert. They were beyond awesome.

Oh, and FH, I wasn't paying attention and scheduled to have my car serviced while the Belgium/Croatia game will be playing. Dangit! Maybe I can convince them to turn the game on in the waiting area..... Anyway, best of luck!

Fairly tempted to tell such people that if they can't wear it the right way, they shouldn't bother covering only their mouths either.

Right??? The worst part was that I saw 2 of the staff doing this as well. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I have been lucky so far that my hermit lifestyle has allowed me to avoid covid, and I'd like to keep it that way, thank you very much.

I'm not that easily spooked. Mind you, we don't have a wide variety of snakes in Belgium. We have 2 species, I think, and neither are poisonous. Of course, that's not counting the escaped Boa's and Ball Pythons but they don't fair well since they can't handly the cold so they rarely if ever survive for very long out in the open.

I've never seen a snake in the wild in all my... wait, I did once... in France, crossing in front of our kayak. I thought it was cool
              This was a non-poisonous common garter snake. Still freaked me out when it stuck its tongue out at me!

I am with your sister on this one! Lizards?? {backs up like D-0} "No thank you."

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
              Good dog! The very bestest of boys!
              Absolutely! Of course, it meant that in summer you had to watch out for flying snakes.....
              Last edited by JT-2; 30 November 2022, 03:21 PM.

Comment

JT2 It was sad to see the news on Christine. Their songs were such a part of my youth.

I had an appointment at the orthopedic clinic and I was the only one wearing a mask. Almost everyone here has stopped wearing them. and everyone wonders why they have the flu.

as for the bears, I’ve been lucky will probably get eaten one day because I have a habit of crossing paths just when I’m about to finish a trail when I’m in no mood to deal or backtrack and add miles to an already long hike. I used to wonder what I’d do when it was my turn to encounter a bear and I was more surprised than anyone that my instinct is to tell the bear off. My heart rate is always racing though when we all go out separate ways.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Just found out Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac has died. She was 79. Fleetwood Mac is my favorite band. I saw them once in concert. They were beyond awesome.
                  That was definitely sad news.

Absolutely! Of course, it meant that in summer you had to watch out for flying snakes.....

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                  I had an appointment at the orthopedic clinic and I was the only one wearing a mask. Almost everyone here has stopped wearing them. and everyone wonders why they have the flu.
                  Sheesh, does no one get their annual flu shots anymore?
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, Belgium vs. Croatia ended 0-0. Croatia moves on. Better luck next year, FH!!

At my eye doctor there were a ton of signs saying that masks were still required. It didn't stop 2 people from coming in without them. And the staff didn't do anything. Of course, this is also the staff that had the masks below their noses...

Oh, and while I was at the mechanics earlier today there was a woman with a deep cough. I was like... where's my mask? Where's YOUR mask? GERMS GET AWAY FROM ME!!!

as for the bears, I’ve been lucky will probably get eaten one day because I have a habit of crossing paths just when I’m about to finish a trail when I’m in no mood to deal or backtrack and add miles to an already long hike. I used to wonder what I’d do when it was my turn to encounter a bear and I was more surprised than anyone that my instinct is to tell the bear off. My heart rate is always racing though when we all go out separate ways.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                    That was definitely sad news.
                    Yes, it most certainly was. Christine wrote so many of their big hits.

Comment

Well, Belgium vs. Croatia ended 0-0. Croatia moves on. Better luck next year, FH!!
                      Devils are done. We're back in the "Wait, Belgium is at the WC/EC?!? For real!".

They play like a bunch of old wives (no offence to any old wives), except today. Now, if they had played like that during the last two games, we might actually have made it.

The Moroccons on the other hand... by the gods, their fans are the least fairplay that I have seen in group F. Booing and whistling when the other team has the ball -- shameful behavior if ever there is one. Felt good to learn that the Canadians were granted a Moroccon owngoal.

Mind you, Croatia has to play against Japan who just creamed Spain so good luck on that.

Comment

Devils are done. We're back in the "Wait, Belgium is at the WC/EC?!? For real!".

They play like a bunch of old wives (no offence to any old wives), except today. Now, if they had played like that during the last two games, we might actually have made it.

The Moroccons on the other hand... by the gods, their fans are the least fairplay that I have seen in group F. Booing and whistling when the other team has the ball -- shameful behavior if ever there is one. Felt good to learn that the Canadians were granted a Moroccon owngoal.

Mind you, Croatia has to play against Japan who just creamed Spain so good luck on that.
                        Well, at least you guys got a win and some points.

Still, I guess this is technically the best Canadian Performance at a Men's World Cup ever.

I watched the Highlights of the Morocco-Canada game, and Morocco's first goal was 100% the fault of the goalkeeper.

Canada's goal didn't really feel like an own goal, since it looked like the Canadian player was shooting. Is any deflection really enough to make something an own goal?
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I saw a story about Japanese fans cleaning up the stadium after their win. Talk about a difference in the quality of the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                            Well, at least you guys got a win and some points.
                            Trust me when I say that I felt sorry for Canada cause they were the better team against our old wives club. They just couldn't get the ball in the nets otherwise the score would have been 20 to zero in favor of the Canadians.

Still, I guess this is technically the best Canadian Performance at a Men's World Cup ever.
                            I heard that women's football in Canada is more popular than the men's division.
                            Over here, the reverse is true though our Red Flames are, dare I say, better playing at the moment than our Devils.

Canada's goal didn't really feel like an own goal, since it looked like the Canadian player was shooting. Is any deflection really enough to make something an own goal?
                            Yes, if the ball hits any other player but the goalie on its way to the nets, it's considered an owngoal. The Moroccan tried for deflection but his action kicked the ball in the nets, which might not have happened if he had let it pass.

I couldn't help but cheer when I saw the highlight of it. Hate to say it but the Moroccan "fans" are an absolute disgrace in the stadium. If football is supposed to be a party, then they were certainly not getting that message.

Comment

I saw a story about Japanese fans cleaning up the stadium after their win. Talk about a difference in the quality of the fans.
                              As did the players in the dressing rooms. They always do that. They are such an awesome bunch.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Between that and cleaning the stadium, I think Japan is schooling everyone in How To World Cup this time out.

Comment

Working...
                                X