No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
    I think TN plays better when I’m not watching. This weekend I played tourist in my old hometown for a reunion of friends, most from out of state. I really feel like they should hand out a sticker for surviving a honky tonk laden weekend. Oh, and also for not buying souvenir boots.

I only go in for the souvenir t-shirt.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      When my friend came up to visit me and we went to Newport a few times, I almost bought a t-shirt or a magnet cause I just ALWAYS buy a t-shirt and a magnet when I travel somewhere. It was my own state, yes, but not an area I normally go to. In the end I couldn't justify buying tourist crap from my own state.

Comment

Well my Raiders' head coach just resigned after some truly horrible emails he once sent came to light. So much for their season.

Comment

I won’t say my out of state friends made it out without making a dent in their wallets but three are big country music fans while I listen mostly to indie. They shopped for boots and I stopped at a metaphysical shop on my way out of town and bought crystals and tea, lol.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Well my Raiders' head coach just resigned after some truly horrible emails he once sent came to light. So much for their season.
          I hate that for the team and fans. Why can’t people behave properly?

Comment

I won’t say my out of state friends made it out without making a dent in their wallets but three are big country music fans while I listen mostly to indie. They shopped for boots and I stopped at a metaphysical shop on my way out of town and bought crystals and tea, lol.

Yeah, I don't know. It sucks. A friend of mine said they had this really cool hologram of the coach in their new stadium. Betcha they hate how much money they spent on that now!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Yes, mine too.

Something practical.

And I'll wear them until they fall apart... literally...
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thing is, if it had never come to light, nobody would have known but stuff has a habit of coming into the light at some point and then ... well... an image is tarnished and one falls off their pedestal people may have put them on.

It's not pretty but everybody is responsible for their own actions at some point in their lives, and every action has an opposite reaction and consequences.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

*high-fives*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Yes, mine too.

Something practical.

And I'll wear them until they fall apart... literally...
                  Heh! Yep, I wear 'em 'til they're rags.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Seeing double... or as my teacher would probably say: "You're the only one taking both my online courses, roll with it." (I'm assuming this is the case)

I'm home alone so excellent moment to do my programming homework. I take 3 online courses: AutoCad, Java and Python. Turns out the course pages and exercise of chapter 4 for both Java and Python is exactly the same thing and now I'm confused, especially since the pages talk of python. Flowcharts are the same across any programming language but still. Now I can just copy and paste my flowchart from Python to Java. The code will look a wee bit different but not by much.

Comment

Isn't it fun learning multiple languages at the same time? That brings me back.... Goodness I'm old.

Comment

I played hooky from walking tonight to sneak in a SGA epp. Now… how to choose? Lol.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Thing is, if it had never come to light, nobody would have known but stuff has a habit of coming into the light at some point and then ... well... an image is tarnished and one falls off their pedestal people may have put them on.

It's not pretty but everybody is responsible for their own actions at some point in their lives, and every action has an opposite reaction and consequences.
                        Maybe I should clarify that I hate that the fans and team players suffer due to his actions, but I’m glad the truth is out. I hadn’t even seen the news to know details about what happened when I first responded, so my words were probably a little off for the situation.

Comment

Yeah, like ZA said, what the coach wrote was truly awful and he deserves what he got. I just feel bad for the fans and the team members who are not at fault for his actions.

Comment

I played hooky from walking tonight to sneak in a SGA epp. Now… how to choose? Lol.
                            I watched Siege 3 and Intruder this afternoon. Those were great choices!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Isn't it fun learning multiple languages at the same time? That brings me back.... Goodness I'm old.
                              I may have already mixed them up, but I do that all the time anyways so beyond that I am really excited about adding another language to the mix. I "speak" about the same amount of foreign languages as I do programming languages now, I think.

Maybe I should clarify that I hate that the fans and team players suffer due to his actions, but I’m glad the truth is out. I hadn’t even seen the news to know details about what happened when I first responded, so my words were probably a little off for the situation.
                              I understood ... all part of the consequences of one's actions though, letting people down. It's his image that tarnishes a whole group of people even though they have nothing to do with what he said or wrote.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! And another early early day for me. Getting too old for this stuff, LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X