No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's 4pm and I just got home. When I was little, we didn't used to even START to eat Thanksgiving dinner until 4pm. But it's been getting earlier and earlier every year. *shrugs*

The pies turned out well, so it was almost worth the back pain and insomnia.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Congrats on your win against Canada. You can tell McKay to suck a lemon.
      And yet, team Canada was far better at play on the pitch than those red devil idiots running to and fro. They can thank the stars we have one of the best goalies in the world. Jezus Effin' Christ!

By the gods, what was that... ...at least they knew they were bad cause sometimes they try to make it about the score and winning but we can at least give them that. They're an honest bunch, knowing they were playing like amateurs.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

General question for the group.... if you grew up with Santa Claus or the tooth fairy, how old were you when you stopped believing in them? My almost 10 year old great nephew had huge delight in telling me about Santa's phone hotline last night, and how the tooth fairy had been naughty and stolen his elf (it was a whole drama complete with duct tape and rope).

I remember finding out when I was 6 and saw gifts in my parents' closet. More power to my niece and her husband for keeping the belief alive, I guess?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

And yet, team Canada was far better at play on the pitch than those red devil idiots running to and fro. They can thank the stars we have one of the best goalies in the world. Jezus Effin' Christ!

By the gods, what was that... ...at least they knew they were bad cause sometimes they try to make it about the score and winning but we can at least give them that. They're an honest bunch, knowing they were playing like amateurs.
        Well, as we say with our football - a win is a win. Even if it's ugly. Your next game is Sunday?

Comment

Happy thanksgiving!

Yeah, the bears here are a constant. I carry bear spray but for the most part they will hear you and not come too close. My closest call has been with a boar and man I am way more scared of them than bears. The elk are the fun ones. We saw one racing down the road a few hikes back, I hardly ever see them run so it was creepy. It was spooked for sure.

General question for the group.... if you grew up with Santa Claus or the tooth fairy, how old were you when you stopped believing in them? My almost 10 year old great nephew had huge delight in telling me about Santa's phone hotline last night, and how the tooth fairy had been naughty and stolen his elf (it was a whole drama complete with duct tape and rope).

I remember finding out when I was 6 and saw gifts in my parents' closet. More power to my niece and her husband for keeping the belief alive, I guess?

My kiddo believed she got a real letter from Hogwarts when she was 11 . Is he an only child? I think that is why my daughter held on to such things so long.

Comment

General question for the group.... if you grew up with Santa Claus or the tooth fairy, how old were you when you stopped believing in them?
            Grew up with neither of those two. Santa Claus was never real for us, but Sinterklaas (december 6th) was. I think I was around 8 or 9, or some such when I learned he wasn't real -- though a huge relief as far as I was concerned cause the man scared the living daylights out of me.

My family doesn't celebrate Christmas. Santa Claus in my youth was associated with Coca-Cola anyways.

My nephew and nieces too were around that age, though one of my nieces I think never really believed in the first place. You couldn't spin her any tales to begin with so... ...my nephew, same age -- on the other hand, ... my goddess, we've fooled him plenty (they are exactly a decade younger than us).

Well, as we say with our football - a win is a win. Even if it's ugly. Your next game is Sunday?
            True, but dammit... they need to crank up the gameplay. And yes, against Morocco. Will be intense.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Well, it's 4pm and I just got home. When I was little, we didn't used to even START to eat Thanksgiving dinner until 4pm. But it's been getting earlier and earlier every year. *shrugs*

The pies turned out well, so it was almost worth the back pain and insomnia.
              I guess it's, "the sooner we get started, the sooner we'll be finished."

In my family, we got presents from family and Santa, so finding presents in a closet was never a cause for suspicion. As for the tooth fairy, I always knew it was Dad.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                Yeah, the bears here are a constant. I carry bear spray but for the most part they will hear you and not come too close. My closest call has been with a boar and man I am way more scared of them than bears. The elk are the fun ones. We saw one racing down the road a few hikes back, I hardly ever see them run so it was creepy. It was spooked for sure.
                Wow, we're lucky to just get deer or wild turkeys. A boar?? Sounds terrifying!!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                My kiddo believed she got a real letter from Hogwarts when she was 11 . Is he an only child? I think that is why my daughter held on to such things so long.
                No he has a sister who's a year and a half older. She most definitely does not believe. She couldn't roll her eyes at him hard enough.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                Grew up with neither of those two. Santa Claus was never real for us, but Sinterklaas (december 6th) was. I think I was around 8 or 9, or some such when I learned he wasn't real -- though a huge relief as far as I was concerned cause the man scared the living daylights out of me.

My family doesn't celebrate Christmas. Santa Claus in my youth was associated with Coca-Cola anyways.

My nephew and nieces too were around that age, though one of my nieces I think never really believed in the first place. You couldn't spin her any tales to begin with so...
                The whole idea of a man knowing if you're good or bad, and watching you all the time is damn creepy when you think about it. (Of course, you could also then say then same about the concept of God... hmmm.... ​)

I guess some kids are more cynical than others. I was a cynical one like your niece.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                In my family, we got presents from family and Santa, so finding presents in a closet was never a cause for suspicion. As for the tooth fairy, I always knew it was Dad.
                We got gifts from both as well, but I remember this was a particular doll that was then sent from "Santa" and my suspicions were confirmed. I was the youngest child (by more than a decade). So I think by the time I came around my parents were tired and didn't try to hide things terribly hard.

Comment

I got into a discussion with another group of fans on Discord about writers who can't see a good thing staring them right in the face. So of course I thought of SGA and Sparky. That got into a discussion on how they handled Elizabeth's departure and multiple deaths. It's amazing how much bitterness I still have.

Comment

It's amazing how much bitterness I still have.
                    I'm firmly assuming we will be bitter until the end our days.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Wow, we're lucky to just get deer or wild turkeys. A boar?? Sounds terrifying!!
                      Yep, got the deer and wild turkeys out here too. And of course, the squirrels. ​ But I'm noping right the heck outta here when it comes to boars.

I got into a discussion with another group of fans on Discord about writers who can't see a good thing staring them right in the face. So of course I thought of SGA and Sparky. That got into a discussion on how they handled Elizabeth's departure and multiple deaths. It's amazing how much bitterness I still have.
                      Darn right we're gonna be bitter until the bitter end.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Darn right we're gonna be bitter until the bitter end.
                        Unite in bitterness, my friends!!! *glomps* Like I said to my friend on the Discord - I don't forgive easily. Torri might have hashed it out with Mallozzi, but she is a far nicer person than I am.

Yep, got the deer and wild turkeys out here too. And of course, the squirrels. ​ But I'm noping right the heck outta here when it comes to boars.
                        Me too! Frankly, I wouldn't even know what a boar looks like.

Oh yeah, squirrels are crazy around here. And rabbits. I saw an opossum a few weeks ago during the day, which surprised me. It was just standing in the middle of the street hanging out. I usually only see them at night. I think the poor thing was confused. I hope he eventually moved or one of my neighbors who drive like speed demons through the neighborhood might have squished him.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Unite in bitterness, my friends!!! *glomps* Like I said to my friend on the Discord - I don't forgive easily. Torri might have hashed it out with Mallozzi, but she is a far nicer person than I am.

Me too! Frankly, I wouldn't even know what a boar looks like.
                          Big fat hairy pig with tusks, basically.

Oh yeah, squirrels are crazy around here. And rabbits. I saw an opossum a few weeks ago during the day, which surprised me. It was just standing in the middle of the street hanging out. I usually only see them at night. I think the poor thing was confused. I hope he eventually moved or one of my neighbors who drive like speed demons through the neighborhood might have squished him.
                          LOL!

There's always raccoons, too. And out here, if you get down near the water, you might even see otters.

And now, on to this week's College Football Roundup! It was a very very good day as USC beat Notre Dame 38-27, Tennessee shut out Vanderbilt 56-0, Rhode Island is finished for the regular season, Navy had a bye, and Air Force beat San Diego State 13-3. On to conference championship week!

Comment

Sorry on the loss, FH!!

Croatia is playing Canada right now. Go Croatia!!

ETA: Croatia won, 4-1! Woohoooooo!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Big fat hairy pig with tusks, basically.
                            Eeew.

There's always raccoons, too. And out here, if you get down near the water, you might even see otters.
                            Now that would be cool to see!!!
                            Last edited by JT-2; 27 November 2022, 10:42 AM.

Comment

...Air Force beat San Diego State 13-3. On to conference championship week!
                              YES! Falcons do what Devils can't... win the game!

Belgium should be eliminated at the WC. They absolutely do not deserve to move passed the group stages. Morocco may have played a dirty game, which does include the constant booing and whistling of the "fans", but they damn well deserve it more than our woosies on the field.

Comment

I just found out one of my Tumblr mutuals from my Hunger Games days passed away this morning. She had breast cancer, and she was around my age or a bit younger. Cancer sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X