Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AND... I forgot...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the person who makes sure I don't forget the day-1 of the week... SCARY KITTY!!!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEE!!!!!

***HUGS YOU ALL SO MUCH*** Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes! So far, so good, it's foggy outside, I've got a spa day at home ahead, and steak dinner tonight!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      My best friend imagines there might be a slight panic if and when I announce my resignation. I already decided on how to tell them... "I have good news and I have bad news. Which would you like to hear first?"
      That's priceless!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Scary Kitty!
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

If you work less than 3 months at your current employer, 2 weeks is the norm, but I have 7,5 years under my belt with my current employer so I have 12 weeks. It's basically a transition period which gives the employer the time to find a replacement, or at least try to find a replacement.

If you get fired, there's no notice at all obviously.

Sometimes, a settlement can be reached between both parties to leave earlier and just get the wages paid in full but considering my job description that will not be the case for me. I'm the only automation engineer so they will keep me on to the very last minute.
          Hmmm, very interesting. It's 2 weeks notice here regardless of how long you've worked there. The job I was at for 19 years, I gave 2 weeks notice. It could be different with other professions, I suppose. When I was laid off, I still had to work 2 weeks after I had been given the notice, in order to get the severance package.

Twelve weeks seems like a long time to have to stick around.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEE!!!!!

***HUGS YOU ALL SO MUCH*** Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes! So far, so good, it's foggy outside, I've got a spa day at home ahead, and steak dinner tonight!
          Oooh, sounds like a great birthday!! I hope you enjoyed it thoroughly!! You deserve it!

Oh, I wanted to mention... on the Sparktober Discord, the Atlantis Rising project was mentioned. Everyone was saying how great it was.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Hmmm, very interesting. It's 2 weeks notice here regardless of how long you've worked there. The job I was at for 19 years, I gave 2 weeks notice. It could be different with other professions, I suppose. When I was laid off, I still had to work 2 weeks after I had been given the notice, in order to get the severance package.

Twelve weeks seems like a long time to have to stick around.
            Back in England, and here in Australia, it is two weeks notice too, no matter how long you have been with a firm.
            Is this 12 weeks notice for ALL jobs in Belgium, or just in your profession?

I have been thinking, some men do not like females working and give them a hard time to get rid of them. I would not like to stay an extra 3 months just to get my entitlements. Not that you have been treated badly as far as I know from our chats here, but 12 weeks does seem excessive. Will it be the same with this new firm, that you have to give extended notice?
            And a further question: If you were leaving for health reasons, or age reasons (retirement) do you have to still give 12 (or whatever pro-rata) notice.
            And if you pass away because they force you to keep working, do they have to pay for your funeral?
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
              Is this 12 weeks notice for ALL jobs in Belgium, or just in your profession?
              It's for all jobs in Belgium and depends on how long you've been employed with your employer:
              Time employed Notice in weeks
              From 0 to less than 3 months 1
              From 3 months to less than 6 months 2
              From 6 months to less than 12 months 3
              From 12 months to less than 18 months 4
              From 18 months to less than 24 months 5
              From 2 years to less than 4 years 6
              From 4 years to less than 5 years 7
              From 5 years to less than 6 years 9
              From 6 years to less than 7 years 10
              From 7 years to less than 8 years 12
              From 8 years and more 13
              Will it be the same with this new firm, that you have to give extended notice?
              Same in every sector.

And a further question: If you were leaving for health reasons, or age reasons (retirement) do you have to still give 12 (or whatever pro-rata) notice.
              Retirement grants you extra days off the year you retire and companies usually are alerted to employees reaching the minimal age for retirement, which in Belgium is at 67 (at the moment), but are not obligated to retire at that age if you don't want to -- though most do.

And if you pass away because they force you to keep working, do they have to pay for your funeral?
              Nope... that's just tough luck.

Edit
              However, it should be noted that if colleagues suddenly die, our company at least makes sure there's emotional support for close colleagues. We had a case in summer where one of our employees died by suicide and her colleagues were given emotional support.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                Happy Birthday, Scary Kitty!
                *hugs you*

Oooh, sounds like a great birthday!! I hope you enjoyed it thoroughly!! You deserve it!
                It was awesome! Steak was yummy, and the cake...that cake! Not chocolate, you may be surprised to learn, but lemon with a cream cheese frosting. So. GOOD!

Oh, I wanted to mention... on the Sparktober Discord, the Atlantis Rising project was mentioned. Everyone was saying how great it was.
                We're still remembered? That's so awesome!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Happy Belated Birthday SK! I love lemon baked good and cake- yum

Happy early birthday Morgania!

FH- exciting news on the job front!

I worked my tail off this week to get ahead a week in school and tomorrow I’m off to Salem! Time to get spooky, witches, lol.

I think it’s expected in my role to give a months notice especially if you might want to return or need references down the road. I’ve offered to consult on the side when I haven’t wanted to give longer notice, especially if the new job is more $$$ and that has helped me in the past.

Comment

Going to Salem sounds fun.
                    sigpic
                    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday (good luck to everyone's teams!) and especially HAPPY BIRTHDAY MORGANIA!!!! Hope you have a great day!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                      Happy Belated Birthday SK! I love lemon baked good and cake- yum
                      Gotta get some more of that cake...soooo goooood!!!!!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                      I worked my tail off this week to get ahead a week in school and tomorrow I’m off to Salem! Time to get spooky, witches, lol.
                      Whoo, sounds like a blast! Have a great time and watch out for the Sanderson Sisters, LOL!

Comment

Happy birthday Morgania!!!

Comment

Taking timezones into consideration, I'm still in time to say Happy birthday! to Morgania.

Also, went to the zoo today for a couple of hours, and caught one of the hyena pups... AND IT WAS SO ADORABLE!!

We went to see the two new otters and they were ... well, very fun otter-like. Watersausages, I love them!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Taking timezones into consideration, I'm still in time to say Happy birthday! to Morgania.

Also, went to the zoo today for a couple of hours, and caught one of the hyena pups... AND IT WAS SO ADORABLE!!

We went to see the two new otters and they were ... well, very fun otter-like. Watersausages, I love them!
                            Awww, cute critters! LOL at watersausages, omg that's hilarious!

And before I totally get distracted by the cuteness, here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was another mostly great week as USC beat Washington State 30-14, Tennessee beat LSU 40-13, Rhode Island had a bye, and in the Atlantis Cup standings, Navy beat Tulsa 53-21, and Air Force fell to Utah State 34-27. Methinks Cadman's gonna be leading a bit of teasing on today's PT run. On to next week!

Comment

Awww, so cute!! Did you get any good pictures?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                              And before I totally get distracted by the cuteness, here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was another mostly great week as USC beat Washington State 30-14, Tennessee beat LSU 40-13, Rhode Island had a bye, and in the Atlantis Cup standings, Navy beat Tulsa 53-21, and Air Force fell to Utah State 34-27. Methinks Cadman's gonna be leading a bit of teasing on today's PT run. On to next week!
                              Well, can't lose if you don't play.

Comment

Awww, so cute!! Did you get any good pictures?
                                Unfortunately not... the otters were clearly not yet used to people so they scurried away and hid, and I was too late to catch the hyena pup but not to worry. I am planning on returning in the coming weeks and plan to capture the cuteness.

Comment

Working...
                                X