No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Went to watch the finale of a cycling competition in our neck of the woods and recognized not a single rider, even though Mark Cavendish passed me by while I was walking back home and it isn't like I don't know who that is.

Also, they didn't seem to be riding as fast as I thought they would in the sprint to the finish. It definitely looks different in real life than it does on TV.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Went to watch the finale of a cycling competition in our neck of the woods and recognized not a single rider, even though Mark Cavendish passed me by while I was walking back home and it isn't like I don't know who that is.

Also, they didn't seem to be riding as fast as I thought they would in the sprint to the finish. It definitely looks different in real life than it does on TV.
        It's also true comparing the football games I've attended in person versus the ones I've seen on TV. I guess it's just a thing with sports in general. Glad you had a fun time, though!

Speaking of football, it's time for this week's College Football Roundup! It's a mixed bag this time as USC smashed Fresno State 45-17, Tennessee ate Akron for lunch 63-6, Rhode Island fell to Delaware 42-21, and in the Atlantis Cup, Navy had a bye this week while Air Force lost to Wyoming 17-14. On to next week!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spent the day on the Salish Sea. Never have I ever seen so many Orca. We saw several pods, one of which split apart before coming back together, making it seem like even more around us. It was unexpected and such a treat. And while watching their hunt was extremely tense at one point, my other favorite marine mammal- the harbor seal, one of which was silly enough to flee its safe perch on the rock- was happily emerged in a bed of kelp while the transient orcas circled back to the rest of the pod. Back on the land in time to watch some football and catch up on yesterdays results. I really might need to start watching TN play the whole game. I accidentally caught the GA vs S. Carolina game and ouch that was painful and it wasnt even my team that was decimated. Georgia is scary, lol, I might not want to watch that TN game

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            It's also true comparing the football games I've attended in person versus the ones I've seen on TV. I guess it's just a thing with sports in general. Glad you had a fun time, though!
            We did have to check online who won cause we couldn't see that from our vantage point 200 meters away from the finishline. However, this also meant we didn't know that pretty much all the favorites were piled up in a meat-heap about 500 meters away from the finish. They took a tumble.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            ...Air Force lost to Wyoming 17-14....
            But a tiny loss. Well played, Falcons!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
              Spent the day on the Salish Sea. Never have I ever seen so many Orca. We saw several pods, one of which split apart before coming back together, making it seem like even more around us. It was unexpected and such a treat. And while watching their hunt was extremely tense at one point, my other favorite marine mammal- the harbor seal, one of which was silly enough to flee its safe perch on the rock- was happily emerged in a bed of kelp while the transient orcas circled back to the rest of the pod.
              That is so awesome!

And now I'm live streaming the Queen's funeral... and I just realized that I'm gonna miss the funeral cause I have a dentist appointment. Would it be awkward if I put the live stream on on my cellphone?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Spent the day on the Salish Sea. Never have I ever seen so many Orca. We saw several pods, one of which split apart before coming back together, making it seem like even more around us. It was unexpected and such a treat. And while watching their hunt was extremely tense at one point, my other favorite marine mammal- the harbor seal, one of which was silly enough to flee its safe perch on the rock- was happily emerged in a bed of kelp while the transient orcas circled back to the rest of the pod. Back on the land in time to watch some football and catch up on yesterdays results. I really might need to start watching TN play the whole game. I accidentally caught the GA vs S. Carolina game and ouch that was painful and it wasnt even my team that was decimated. Georgia is scary, lol, I might not want to watch that TN game
                Wow, what a lot of fun! Glad you had a great time whale (and seal!) watching!

Heh, yeah Georgia is a scary good team. I expect they'll be in the mix come playoff time.

We did have to check online who won cause we couldn't see that from our vantage point 200 meters away from the finishline. However, this also meant we didn't know that pretty much all the favorites were piled up in a meat-heap about 500 meters away from the finish. They took a tumble.
                Eeep! That's a whole lotta road rash.

​​​​​​​
                And now I'm live streaming the Queen's funeral... and I just realized that I'm gonna miss the funeral cause I have a dentist appointment. Would it be awkward if I put the live stream on on my cellphone?

Comment

I put the live stream on but then turned it off again. Though my dentist offered to put it up on the monitor of his computer. I declined... didn't think that would be wise. We would just get distracted and I don't want him accidently drilling a hole where none previously existed.

Managed to catch half of the first service in Westminster Abbey, and then watched all the way through to the service at St. George's Chapel in Windsor. I multi-tasked and grumbled when someone called -- 2 people hung on my line and for both I had to scramble to turn the volume down.

However, I'm going to be hearing that marching drum beat for the next few days... but it was so relaxing to watch the sway of the Royal Navy members carrying the gun carriage. .... That I occasionally forgot I was supposed to be working.

And also... I'm gonna miss that old lady.

Comment

Goodness, did you see Joe’s insta story? Gah. Last frame was a quote about how the eyes never hide the truth and I need to sit down now

Comment

I'm going to Dragon Con next year.

Haven't talked to new friend that much.
                      sigpic
                      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                        That's well on time.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I put the live stream on but then turned it off again. Though my dentist offered to put it up on the monitor of his computer. I declined... didn't think that would be wise. We would just get distracted and I don't want him accidently drilling a hole where none previously existed.
                          Oh dear...

Managed to catch half of the first service in Westminster Abbey, and then watched all the way through to the service at St. George's Chapel in Windsor. I multi-tasked and grumbled when someone called -- 2 people hung on my line and for both I had to scramble to turn the volume down.

However, I'm going to be hearing that marching drum beat for the next few days... but it was so relaxing to watch the sway of the Royal Navy members carrying the gun carriage. .... That I occasionally forgot I was supposed to be working.

And also... I'm gonna miss that old lady.

Goodness, did you see Joe’s insta story? Gah. Last frame was a quote about how the eyes never hide the truth and I need to sit down now
                          Hmm, gonna have to check that one out...

Originally posted by Morgania View Post

Haven't talked to new friend that much.
                          Awesome! Hope you have a great time! And maybe get to see your new friend.

Comment

My laptop problems are now settled, so I'm back! I'm glad GW is still working and that you all didn't burn down the internet!!

FH - glad to hear you're feeling better, but so sorry you're going to lose a great boss.

Morgania - glad to hear you'll be going to Dragon Con.

Zandras_Ashes - sounds like a really fun time!!

SK - thanks for posting the football scores. Too bad RI lost.

In my pro-football, the Patriots actually won one. Then the Raiders lost. It was so painful.... they were ahead 20-0 at halftime, only for them to blow all that and lose in overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              ...you all didn't burn down the internet!!
                              Not for a lack of trying though... but the internet is damn sturdy.

Comment

Not for a lack of trying though... but the internet is damn sturdy.

Comment

Working...
                                X