No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    I think this happened to be the second time I'd seen New Order again with fresh eyes. ANd I thought it really was a good episode in it's own right. The characters are all divided up into multiple unrelated subplots but they were all interesting.

Lost City was good too, with the biggest Goa'uld attack on Earth yet (and this time there were at least a little more consequences than before), but I couldn't help but notice even in that case there were some contrives to somehow help the heroes win, and win without revealing the Stargate program to the public.

Anubis probes Earth's defenses by destroying a millitary taskforce in the ocean and then withdrawing. And one of the President's aides asks why he doesn't just destroy a couple cities, but conveniently they never answer that question.
    Yeah seriously! Didn't the Goa'uld ever watch Independence Day? Now THAT's how you do it!

Also, I've played enough space empire games to know that sending the bulk of your armada to conquer a single planet of primitives is an ineffecient use of your resources.
    Then again, I think Anubis was supposed to be kinda insane, so...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Challenge #109
      ***********challenge extended due to lack of entries***********

First, I want to say a huge Thank You to slizzie1986 to helping me out yet again on very short notice. And also I want to announce that she has stepped up and will be my partner in hosting the art challenge!

I am posting a little early today, but that just gives you more time to start working on the next challenge!
      Slizzie will be by later today to post the entries from the #108 Dancing challenge.

This week is a random challenge. I'll be traveling, so I won't make it like previous mystery ones. This week, you can pick instead of being assigned something. There are three words. Pick one [or all 3!]. Use that word in your art, or use it for your theme. Then pick a color. Use it however you want!

1. Joy
      2. Hope
      3. Peace

1. Green
      2. Blue
      3. Orange

Remember, you are free to use as many or as few options as you want, in any combo! Just use them to get your muse moving!

Entries due to me by noon your time, Monday June 13th. 20th
      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

It's a very rainy monday over here.

I wonder where all that water keeps coming from.

And also, BELGIUM plays their first soccer game todat in the European Championship Soccer. Versus Italy but we should be able to take them. Although, I wouldn't be too sad if they lost.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              It's a very rainy monday over here.

I wonder where all that water keeps coming from.

And also, BELGIUM plays their first soccer game todat in the European Championship Soccer. Versus Italy but we should be able to take them. Although, I wouldn't be too sad if they lost.
              Maybe it's moved from over here. I heard that this area had the wettest and coldest May since 1882. Now it's hot.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Maybe it's moved from over here. I heard that this area had the wettest and coldest May since 1882. Now it's hot.
                I think it's been wet everywhere in May, except India. There it's been dry and very hot.

Today seems to be much drier so that's good... Keeping my fingers crossed the weekend will be sunny and warm too cause I got friends coming over on Sunday and we want to go out for drinks.

Also, Belgium lost their first match with 2-0 (the score I more or less predicted for Italy's win -- woops!).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Weather here in Pacific Northwestland is partly cloudy with a chance of showers. Sadly, the forecast for thunderstorms seems to have fizzled out.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Comment

So I imagine I'm probably the only one in this thread who was super hyped to see the Warcraft movie, but I thought it was worth noting that there were at least two Stargate Atlantis alumni in the movie. And there was even another character that kind of looked like a wraith.

conrad-vanessa.jpg = Draka pic.jpg

ladons 2.jpg = Karos pic.jpg
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I'm also super hyped to see the Warcraft movie -- I just hadn't had the time yet.

Comment

So I imagine I'm probably the only one in this thread who was super hyped to see the Warcraft movie, but I thought it was worth noting that there were at least two Stargate Atlantis alumni in the movie. And there was even another character that kind of looked like a wraith.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41738[/ATTACH] = [ATTACH=CONFIG]41739[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41740[/ATTACH] = [ATTACH=CONFIG]41741[/ATTACH]
                          Cool, it's always fun to find Stargate alums.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            I'm also super hyped to see the Warcraft movie -- I just hadn't had the time yet.
                            Cool! The movie has problems, but personally I really enjoyed it.

I've since spent some time pondering the irony of Stargate actors being in a Warcraft movie after all the Warcraft references in Stargate back in the day, like when Elizabeth was trying to distract Dr Lee by BSing a story about her playing World of Warcraft.
                            Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 16 June 2016, 08:45 AM.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Cool! The movie has problems, but personally I really enjoyed it.

I've since spent some time pondering the irony of Stargate actors being in a Warcraft movie after all the Warcraft references in Stargate back in the day, like when Elizabeth was trying to distract Dr Lee by BSing a story about her playing World of Warcraft.
                              Irony is right! That is rather amusing.

Comment

Is a little giddy...

Just watched episode 7 of Good Witch -- yes, I'm a wee bit behind -- and SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, she's back on my screen! Claire Rankin, that is.

*happy sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X