No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The party turned into the ... err... how shall I put it... "Oh my goddess, that's so wrong on so many levels! People must be really drunk."... The quality of the music declined BUT it didn't bother my sleep so all good.

Yesterday the wind blew the sounds in a different direction which I was very grateful for cause it was karaoke night. ...and today, all is quiet.

I get bitten by mosquitos but they rarely itch (my sister isn't that lucky).

Got me a bite on Friday that itched like crazy only because the zipper of my hiking zip-off pants was scratching against it. It wasn't a regular mosquito bite though. Think it was a spider bite ... sadly no Spiderman qualities have revealed themselves.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

lol, I kind of hope I don’t get Spider-Man abilities. So much pressure. Some extra energy would be nice though. My brain needs some extra power.

I survived the bugs and hiked the best kind of hike. Only 9 miles so off the trail in time for a late lunch. Bring on the cheese dip. This time it was beer cheese dip and chips but our usual go to is giant pretzel and cheese dip. I swear my body is conditioned to it at this point so when we have longer hikes and don’t get to nosh it’s just kind of sad. I also had free time last night and watched the return 1&2 and I may have started writing this morning. My writing skills are rusty and so its crap but maybe I can wrestle the story out of my head.

Comment

1:35pm ... it's currently bright blue skies and a "balmy" 86°F/32°C

I'm up in my room, where the curtains are closed. I have Finn & Faro here with me (though, they are a little peeved about being denied going outside) and if I may hazard a guess, I think the temperature in my room is around 23°C ... which is still warm but doable at least.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
          lol, I kind of hope I don’t get Spider-Man abilities. So much pressure. Some extra energy would be nice though. My brain needs some extra power.

I survived the bugs and hiked the best kind of hike. Only 9 miles so off the trail in time for a late lunch. Bring on the cheese dip. This time it was beer cheese dip and chips but our usual go to is giant pretzel and cheese dip. I swear my body is conditioned to it at this point so when we have longer hikes and don’t get to nosh it’s just kind of sad. I also had free time last night and watched the return 1&2 and I may have started writing this morning. My writing skills are rusty and so its crap but maybe I can wrestle the story out of my head.
          Mmmmm...giant pretzel....

Glad the hike went well and the bugs didn't get you this time!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          1:35pm ... it's currently bright blue skies and a "balmy" 86°F/32°C

I'm up in my room, where the curtains are closed. I have Finn & Faro here with me (though, they are a little peeved about being denied going outside) and if I may hazard a guess, I think the temperature in my room is around 23°C ... which is still warm but doable at least.
          Yeah, that's about as high as I can tolerate without starting to melt. Hopefully it cools down soon so Finn and Faro can play outside!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Yeah, that's about as high as I can tolerate without starting to melt. Hopefully it cools down soon so Finn and Faro can play outside!
            My phone declares it's now, at 6:15pm, 35°C/91°F and the predicted curve estimates that around midnight it'll still be 25°C. The minimum temp won't go below 20° and will start rising again around 7am tomorrow morning. I'm not looking forward to another day inside.

And what's the most odd, I was always told that the afternoon is usually the hottest but the curve on my phone puts the hottest time of day around 6-7pm.

Of course, it should also be noted that wednesday, it'll be 27°C with thunderstorms and rain ... all day long. A typical end to heatwaves in Belgium.

Comment

Time = 1:28pm
              Temperature = 93°F/37°C (and rising)
              Lemming's location = stretched out in her bed, in the dark, reading
              Lemming's location room temperature = close to 25°C

I'm not melting ... that's something.

Comment

Time = 1:28pm
                Temperature = 93°F/37°C (and rising)
                Lemming's location = stretched out in her bed, in the dark, reading
                Lemming's location room temperature = close to 25°C

I'm not melting ... that's something.
                We learn something new every day, Not only can Lemmings read, they can see to do it in the dark too.
                Mmo9zFu.gif
                Last edited by Who Knows; 19 July 2022, 04:52 AM.
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

My phone declares it's now, at 6:15pm, 35°C/91°F and the predicted curve estimates that around midnight it'll still be 25°C. The minimum temp won't go below 20° and will start rising again around 7am tomorrow morning. I'm not looking forward to another day inside.

And what's the most odd, I was always told that the afternoon is usually the hottest but the curve on my phone puts the hottest time of day around 6-7pm.

Of course, it should also be noted that wednesday, it'll be 27°C with thunderstorms and rain ... all day long. A typical end to heatwaves in Belgium.
                  Yeah, late afternoon/early evening seems to be the real hot spot of the day. And then right after dusk is (usually) when the breeze starts picking up again.

Enjoy the thunderstorms and rain! We haven't got a drop of precip forecasted for the next 10 days. The poor trees...
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Time = 8:00pm
                    Temperature = 99°F/38°C -- it feels like when you open a fan-heated oven after it's done cooking your meal
                    Lemming's location = was in the attic playing The Skywalker Saga, then went outside for 10 minutes, now back where she started earlier today
                    Room temperature = warm but still doable, 25 or 26°C

...and at the moment bored out of my skull. I want to go lie down in my hammock but it's just so hot outside, even in the shade. I really don't like these hot days.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      I'm finally going to see the new minions movie on Tuesday afternoon!!!!

I dabble in multiple fandoms. It's fun to branch out to new things and also see your mutuals branch out as well. Although it's not always good. I have a Hunger Games mutual (who was also a Daniel/Vala fan so that was one way we connected). We both moved on to Once Upon A Time, but for vastly different reasons. She posted some thoughts on the show today that totally got my ire up. But for the sake of harmony, I let it go. I didn't see the point of arguing. She's not going to change her mind and I'm not going to change mine. Bygones and all that.

I put them on Tumblr too.

I LOVE That Show-- Once Upon a Time!!!

I Also Have Not Seen The New Thor Movie. I'll Wait for it to Come on Disney Plus in a Month or 2.

I Already Saw a Spoiler.
                      Last edited by america126; 19 July 2022, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Time = 8:00pm
                        Temperature = 99°F/38°C -- it feels like when you open a fan-heated oven after it's done cooking your meal
                        Lemming's location = was in the attic playing The Skywalker Saga, then went outside for 10 minutes, now back where she started earlier today
                        Room temperature = warm but still doable, 25 or 26°C

...and at the moment bored out of my skull. I want to go lie down in my hammock but it's just so hot outside, even in the shade. I really don't like these hot days.
                        *shudders* Yeah, 99°F is NOT GOOD. Do whatever you need to do to stay cool! And keep an eye on the kitties too! *sends hugs and virtual ice*

Comment

I LOVE RAIN!!! .... It's a balmy 20°C and I love it.

Today's the 21st -- our version of independence day -- and temps are going to be in the low twenties. I'm not complaining. For everyone who doesn't have vacation, it'll be a long weekend ... which basically means I have 2 extra holidays this year to spend somewhere in the near future. I have about 10 days of paid leave left so who knows where I'll spend those.

Comment

FH- glad to hear you are are making it through the heat wave. We have the thunderstorms, as well as flash flooding.

I went to a woman’s adventure series meeting/presentation last night and one of the speakers there had biked from Banff to Mexico and from the east coast to west.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

I Have Been Busy.. Oh and I Started to Reread The Stargate Atlantis Novels a Few Weeks Ago

I Read Exogenesis.

the Sparky Scenes in That Book are Not Even Subtle

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I LOVE RAIN!!! .... It's a balmy 20°C and I love it.

Today's the 21st -- our version of independence day -- and temps are going to be in the low twenties. I'm not complaining. For everyone who doesn't have vacation, it'll be a long weekend ... which basically means I have 2 extra holidays this year to spend somewhere in the near future. I have about 10 days of paid leave left so who knows where I'll spend those.
                                Aaahhhh, that's much better weather! And 10 days will make a very nice vacay, that's for sure!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                                FH- glad to hear you are are making it through the heat wave. We have the thunderstorms, as well as flash flooding.

I went to a woman’s adventure series meeting/presentation last night and one of the speakers there had biked from Banff to Mexico and from the east coast to west.
                                Wow! Makes a trip to Comic-Con seem tame by comparison!

Comment

Working...
                                X