No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can everyone please send my sister some good vibes for Friday morning? They were doing x-rays of her back and found something on her lung. She goes for a CT scan on Friday morning. Then there was some issue with the order from the doctor so they were like ... oh we'll have to reschedule since your doctor's office is closed... we don't have another appointment for 2 weeks. She said "oh hell no!" (she already waited a week for this appointment) and called the doctor's off hours phone. Who would want to wait 2 weeks to find out what a spot on your lung is?!?! I swear, medical people become so cold to people's feelings.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    It's the last day of June... Time flies when you're having... fun! ... sorta... don't know yet... 2 weeks until my 3-week vacation.

Hanging on!
    You can make it!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
    Bug!Shep!
    Mmmm!!!

And Caldwell being all up in Elizabeth's business and her shooting him down. Good times. I wish they had clarified if Caldwell was actually himself at that point. Like when did he get the snake in the head (yes that's a way of me not trying to type out the name of the alien cause I know I'll butcher the spelling and I'm too lazy to look it up).

Comment

I am so very tired, but I’m home. I need one of these multi-week vacations you speak of. I walked 5-7 miles each day, not a problem in the right shoes, but those large convention centers are feet killers when in professional attire. I did get to check out Icebar, cheesy but it was still a “cool” experience (lol, dad jokes as supporting evidence for my state of tired). It was part of the conference, or I probably wouldn’t have made the time. The bar and seats were made of ice, even the glasses were made from ice. Kind of a shock from the 90degree Florida temps though, especially when wearing summer dress and sandals.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I swear, medical people become so cold to people's feelings.
        Like how the doc told my new rope-skipping trainer that the blood clot in her leg could potentially get loose some time -- but when who knows -- and travel around her body to end up goddess knows where. But good luck!

*facepalm*

You can make it!!
        I'm working towards the 11th of July first which is a Flemish holiday to commemorate the Battle of the Golden Spurs in 1302... and then 4 days later... VACAY-TION!!

Like when did he get the snake in the head (yes that's a way of me not trying to type out the name of the alien cause I know I'll butcher the spelling and I'm too lazy to look it up).
        Ga-oo-woold
        Gould

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Can everyone please send my sister some good vibes for Friday morning? They were doing x-rays of her back and found something on her lung. She goes for a CT scan on Friday morning. Then there was some issue with the order from the doctor so they were like ... oh we'll have to reschedule since your doctor's office is closed... we don't have another appointment for 2 weeks. She said "oh hell no!" (she already waited a week for this appointment) and called the doctor's off hours phone. Who would want to wait 2 weeks to find out what a spot on your lung is?!?! I swear, medical people become so cold to people's feelings.
          Eeek! *sends hugs and good vibes* I swear, doctor's offices and medical office personnel in general... Why can't they all be like Carson?

And Caldwell being all up in Elizabeth's business and her shooting him down. Good times. I wish they had clarified if Caldwell was actually himself at that point. Like when did he get the snake in the head (yes that's a way of me not trying to type out the name of the alien cause I know I'll butcher the spelling and I'm too lazy to look it up).
          Ooooh, that is an interesting thought about the timing of when Caldwell met his...little friend.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
          I am so very tired, but I’m home. I need one of these multi-week vacations you speak of. I walked 5-7 miles each day, not a problem in the right shoes, but those large convention centers are feet killers when in professional attire. I did get to check out Icebar, cheesy but it was still a “cool” experience (lol, dad jokes as supporting evidence for my state of tired). It was part of the conference, or I probably wouldn’t have made the time. The bar and seats were made of ice, even the glasses were made from ice. Kind of a shock from the 90degree Florida temps though, especially when wearing summer dress and sandals.
          That Icebar definitely sounds like something else...brrrr! *shivers*

Having trawled my share of convention centers, theme parks, and other big enclosed venues, go ahead and wear the comfy shoes, even if it's a business conference and you're in professional attire. There are some really cute and stylish athletic/walking shoes out there that'll make a statement...and make everyone else jealous that they didn't think of it first.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
            The Icebar sounds really awesome!! Glad you had a good time, and I hope you were able to get some sleep.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
            Like how the doc told my new rope-skipping trainer that the blood clot in her leg could potentially get loose some time -- but when who knows -- and travel around her body to end up goddess knows where. But good luck!

*facepalm*
            There's nothing they can do for that? Put her on blood thinners or something? Wow. A friend of mine found out he has a blood clot in his lung and he's on blood thinners for it.

Ga-oo-woold
            Gould
            Isn't there an apostrophe in it? Like Gou'old. Okay that looks wrong. There's an "a" in there somewhere. I'm going to be unlazy and look it up. Hold please...... [Jeopardy theme song plays] Goa'uld. That's the ticket!

Eeek! *sends hugs and good vibes* I swear, doctor's offices and medical office personnel in general... Why can't they all be like Carson?
            The test came back all clean!! I was actually with her when she got the phone call, and you could see the weight being lifted. Thanks for the good thoughts!! And I was impressed with her doctor, who called her long after his office hours were over this morning. He's not a great doctor, but he does care. Unlike so many.

Ooooh, that is an interesting thought about the timing of when Caldwell met his...little friend.
            Yeah I wish they had clarified.

Comment

It is warm (82 F / 28 C) and very muggy out. Yuck. And last night we had a wicked thunderstorm. I was sleeping but it entered my consciousness as I dreamt I was being killed by lightning, and then I woke to a tremendous clap of thunder.

It's only July 2nd and I'm already tired of summer.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

The test came back all clean!! I was actually with her when she got the phone call, and you could see the weight being lifted. Thanks for the good thoughts!! And I was impressed with her doctor, who called her long after his office hours were over this morning. He's not a great doctor, but he does care. Unlike so many.
                Whew, that's excellent news!

It is warm (82 F / 28 C) and very muggy out. Yuck. And last night we had a wicked thunderstorm. I was sleeping but it entered my consciousness as I dreamt I was being killed by lightning, and then I woke to a tremendous clap of thunder.

It's only July 2nd and I'm already tired of summer.
                So glad I don't remember my dreams... May the weather get better soon!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Lots of clouds today but yours truly got sunburned working a wee hour in the yard. It'll be nicely tanned tomorrow.
                  I could feel it happening but I was just too busy making war (not peace) with the local ant population that I didn't really care about the consequences. (the ants lost too)

Comment

Fireworks galore this weekend. So glad we got some rain! I still feel so bad for the outdoor and indoor critters. Happy to see more places incorporating drones.

JT2- I’m so glad your sister got good news!

SK- totally nailed it with the shoes. I know better and I have cute tennies (too many now, remote work created a tennis shoe monster).

FH hope that sun burn settles in for you. I always hate the chills I get at night after a sunburn. And if you run out of ants to terrorize I have plenty here. Little buggers (insert assortment of curse words here) love to chomp on my toes.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Whew, that's excellent news!
                      Thanks!!

So glad I don't remember my dreams... May the weather get better soon!
                      Really? You don't remember any of them?? Most of my dreams are unpleasant, but then every once in awhile my brain will provide me a little happiness. Like I had one where I was just hanging out with Joe and Goran Visnjic. Of course, then my (deceased) mother showed up and asked what I was thinking as both men are seriously out of my league. I said "Mom! We're just hanging out!!"

Lots of clouds today but yours truly got sunburned working a wee hour in the yard. It'll be nicely tanned tomorrow.
                      I could feel it happening but I was just too busy making war (not peace) with the local ant population that I didn't really care about the consequences. (the ants lost too)
                      Death to the ants!!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                      Fireworks galore this weekend. So glad we got some rain! I still feel so bad for the outdoor and indoor critters. Happy to see more places incorporating drones.

JT2- I’m so glad your sister got good news!
                      Thanks!!

ETA: I was listening to Disney Hits radio and they played The Imperial March from Star Wars. I need to hear that performed live someday. Bucket list! Too bad for me, I know that the Boston Symphony Orchestra did a Star Wars night many years ago, so it's not likely to do it again.
                      Last edited by JT-2; 03 July 2022, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Lots of thunder early this morning as a front moved in. Whee, nature's own fireworks! It's gonna be raining all day and into tomorrow...the trees are happy.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Yeah! Slay those ants!

Ouchie on the sunburn! *sends skin-cooling vibes*

Really? You don't remember any of them?? Most of my dreams are unpleasant, but then every once in awhile my brain will provide me a little happiness. Like I had one where I was just hanging out with Joe and Goran Visnjic. Of course, then my (deceased) mother showed up and asked what I was thinking as both men are seriously out of my league. I said "Mom! We're just hanging out!!"

​​​​​​​
                        I think maybe some of my dreams are unconscious fic plotting, because I always seem to have ideas right as I'm waking up.

Comment

Happy 4th of July to Americans on the thread!

I haven't seen the new minions movie yet. Hopefully sometime this week.

I just rewatched Misbegotten. "John Sheppard, are you defending my honor?" SQUEE!!!!!!!

I think maybe some of my dreams are unconscious fic plotting, because I always seem to have ideas right as I'm waking up.
                          Ooh, that's cool! Gotta love it when your brain is helpful like that.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and a Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Americans!

I haven't seen the new minions movie yet. Hopefully sometime this week.
                            I'll be waiting until it hits cable as I don't want to deal with theater shenanigans. Same with Thor: Love and Thunder (which releases on Friday).

I just rewatched Misbegotten. "John Sheppard, are you defending my honor?" SQUEE!!!!!!!
                            Heehee! I just love that moment!

Ooh, that's cool! Gotta love it when your brain is helpful like that.
                            And then I have to race to my computer to get it down before I lose it. Fun times!

Comment

I'll be waiting until it hits cable as I don't want to deal with theater shenanigans. Same with Thor: Love and Thunder (which releases on Friday).
                              I haven't decided on whether I want to see the new Thor in the theater or not. I mean, what's Thor without Loki? And I never really cared much about Jane so I don't care that she's returning. I don't know. *shrugs* There will probably come a day that is so unbearably hot that my air conditioning units can't keep up and I'll want to get into a nice, cold theater.

Heehee! I just love that moment!
                              Me too!! Scenes like that are why I've never bought the idea that the writers had zero idea what the were doing in their John/Elizabeth scenes. They just HAD to know how shippy that moment would be. They had to. I refuse to believe anyone can be that dumb. (Perhaps I'm giving that crowd too much credit.)

And then I have to race to my computer to get it down before I lose it. Fun times!
                              Yeah, dreams can fade pretty darn fast unless you commit them to memory.

Comment

(Perhaps I'm giving that crowd too much credit.)
                                That poor voice in the back of their collective skulls lost its voice screaming the obvious.

Comment

Working...
                                X