Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

There will definitely be pictures, and Pat Rock is coming too so keep an eye out for him on my Instagram.

We'll be hiring a professional painter this time. The entire inside of the house has yet to be painted since it's newly built -- it was finished in February 2019.

But we have started on choosing colors... I'm stuck on 3 different kinds of blue. I love the bluest of the blues but it's too dark, and the other two, I'm not sure about. I also would love to have a galaxy painted on the ceiling of my bedroom, but I don't know if that would be possible. That would have to be done by an actual artist, I think.

The kitchen change will be done by the company which build the original kitchen, and the attick has to be turned into our game lounge. It will be the future home of my Xbox collection.
    Covid- grrrr. I'm so sorry. You will still have an amazing time. You seem like you have that epic gene, so if you're going to do it, I'm sure it will be epic. Belgium might be small, but it will give you an opportunity to slow travel and really take your time to meld into the areas you will travel in. I'd love to go back one day. I was only able to visit Brugge.

I love dark blue paint too. I have accent walls in my house painted a blue that looks navy in dim light and a nice blue/gray in bright light). But any color of blue would look awesome with a galaxy ceiling- hope you can find someone to do that.

My paint color:

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Saving money is difficult because my new job's health insurance sucks. I have a $1500 deductible, and then they only pay 75%. With all my cancer stuff, I've already racked up $2000 in bills.

I still need to watch this. I got Disney+ as a Christmas present (in order to watch that series) and now it's September and I still haven't watched it.

Damn! Now I'm glad I didn't get into it.
    Sorry to hear about the medical costs. I wish we had better healthcare options here. How are you feeling these days? Sending virtual hugs and positive energy.

Your timing will be perfect to catch up on the Mandalorian- you can pace yourself to wrap up season one for the season 2 release. I'm not sure if they are doing it the same this season, but they released one episode each week last time, they didn't drop the whole season like Netflix. It was cool- and frustrating.

I never got into GH either, but I follow a few Joe/SGA fan Instagram accounts that would post screen shots from time to time so I could kind of keep up. Still can't get over what happened.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

OMG.

Right? I am alternately appalled and amused. I just keep shaking my head. Like a lot. My family is giving me side eye.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      Belgium might be small, but it will give you an opportunity to slow travel and really take your time to meld into the areas you will travel in. I'd love to go back one day. I was only able to visit Brugge.
      Bruges has been ages ago, for me at least.

Dad said he has already found some really sweet spots to visit, but I'm just happy to get away from the stress from work. Especially the last 5 weeks have been a little too much to handle.

I love dark blue paint too. I have accent walls in my house painted a blue that looks navy in dim light and a nice blue/gray in bright light). But any color of blue would look awesome with a galaxy ceiling- hope you can find someone to do that.

My paint color:
      Mmm... that looks like the darker version of my one of my options.

Except my version, a shade lighter is called "Spring Water" ... and the one that I really like is called "Blue Ocean" -- neither are the color of water though.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

But Belgium is SOOOOOO small...

Dad said he has already found some really sweet spots to visit, but I'm just happy to get away from the stress from work. Especially the last 5 weeks have been a little too much to handle.
        *hugs you* Even the little things will be good, and all the sweeter.

My paint color:
        Hmm, another thing to consider for a galaxy ceiling...glow in the dark paint for the stars?

Right? I am alternately appalled and amused. I just keep shaking my head. Like a lot. My family is giving me side eye.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Last night I took an ice skating lesson and had a rare Stargate dream. Today I had lunch from two different places. Just when you think you understand 2020 things just keep getting stranger. Or maybe it's just me.

Ice skating was a blast though. I skated when I was young, but have rarely skated in adulthood. I'd gotten so bad I kept one leg locked and bent and just used my other leg to propel me around the rink. Proud to say I got my ice legs back and both are functional again. I'm going to practice again tomorrow. What are the odds it'll tire me out enough again to earn me another fabulous dream? Hmm. Bet they are pretty good if I pair it with some SGA watching... *plugs in iPad*

Bruges has been ages ago, for me at least.

Mmm... that looks like the darker version of my one of my options.

Except my version, a shade lighter is called "Spring Water" ... and the one that I really like is called "Blue Ocean" -- neither are the color of water though.
          Well then I'm especially glad you are getting a stress break. Plus it's nice to have family to travel with to help with the planning/tasks/etc. I love (!) traveling solo, but traveling with others can be a bit more relaxing in other ways.

So many shades of blue. Makes me wonder- who are these people who get to name the paint? How do you get that job? More things the guidance counselor never told us about. I'm still a little sore we were never told that beer/wine tasting, cheesemaking, and goat tending were valid careers.

Hmm, another thing to consider for a galaxy ceiling...glow in the dark paint for the stars?

And startdust! So many possibilities.
          sigpic

Comment

Well I finally went for my second opinion on my breast cancer treatment up in Boston. It was a very long day. (How people in larger states travel over an hour to get anywhere all the time... just... no.) They basically said what my local doctors were saying was right. So I'm in for another surgery followed by radiation. I'm glad to just finally get this decided. Time to move onto the next step.

YOU MUST!!
            That is the way!

Because it's seriously epic!
            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I second that. Can't wait until it comes back.

I'll definitely check it out!

Sorry to hear about the medical costs. I wish we had better healthcare options here. How are you feeling these days? Sending virtual hugs and positive energy.
            Thank you. I'm feeling fine. Like I said, just ready to get this show on the road.

How are you feeling??

Comment

Well I finally went for my second opinion on my breast cancer treatment up in Boston. It was a very long day. (How people in larger states travel over an hour to get anywhere all the time... just... no.) They basically said what my local doctors were saying was right. So I'm in for another surgery followed by radiation. I'm glad to just finally get this decided. Time to move onto the next step.
              Glad you got that settled. Waiting is the hardest part. And LOL on the travel time. That reminds me of a couple of years ago when Mr. SR's cousin got married near here. We hadn't seen her parents in years and the first thing her dad said to us was, "How do you stand the traffic?" Everywhere we go has to be planned according to time of day and traffic conditions. I check the traffic situation online and then we go. Even then there are unexpected backups. Though I will say since most people are working from home, it's improved a bit.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Glad you got that settled. Waiting is the hardest part. And LOL on the travel time. That reminds me of a couple of years ago when Mr. SR's cousin got married near here. We hadn't seen her parents in years and the first thing her dad said to us was, "How do you stand the traffic?" Everywhere we go has to be planned according to time of day and traffic conditions. I check the traffic situation online and then we go. Even then there are unexpected backups. Though I will say since most people are working from home, it's improved a bit.
                Yes, the Boston traffic was like 1/2 what it would normally be without Covid. We actually never hit any stop and go traffic on Route 93 heading into the city. That has never occurred before in my lifetime.

The traffic going home in Providence, though, was insane. But we hit that at 4pm on Friday before a long weekend, so....

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

At least now you know, and you can get down to business. *hugs*

And traveling in large states...yeah, LOL! Driving from south of Los Angeles all the way to Northern California can barely be done in a day, and that's only in summer when you've got more daylight and if you take the 5. The 101 may be more scenic, but it'll add at least a day. Maybe two if you stop for pictures.

So many shades of blue. Makes me wonder- who are these people who get to name the paint? How do you get that job? More things the guidance counselor never told us about. I'm still a little sore we were never told that beer/wine tasting, cheesemaking, and goat tending were valid careers.
                  I know, right? Those careers sure would be less stressful...just imagine, frolicking with baby goats!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Already on that ...

Sommelier -- I think that's the beer/wine/coffee/tea/... taster. You can get certified for it fairly easily if you'd still want to pursue that career.

I have another shade of blue here that's called "Turkish Stone" (literal translation here) and it's a kind of lightblue, rather close in color to this smiley -->

I think I'd love to be a certified color-namer. I'd go wild.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Already on that ...
                      Awesome!

Sommelier -- I think that's the beer/wine/coffee/tea/... taster. You can get certified for it fairly easily if you'd still want to pursue that career.
                      Yep. I took a short course in wine studies a few years ago (it was more of a thing for hobbyists than those actually in hospitality careers), and it was so much fun!

I have another shade of blue here that's called "Turkish Stone" (literal translation here) and it's a kind of lightblue, rather close in color to this smiley -->

It definitely seems like it'd be a unique job.

Comment

We were talking a while back about new shows to watch and mentioned The Boys. Mr. SR and I are watching it, but I feel I must issue a warning. If you are bothered by nudity, really really bad language, extreme violence to the point of things I have never seen before and not so romantic sexual situations, this is not the show for you. I'm not sure if it gets much worse, I will be able to continue. I like the storyline but it all is just OTT.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

We were talking a while back about new shows to watch and mentioned The Boys. Mr. SR and I are watching it, but I feel I must issue a warning. If you are bothered by nudity, really really bad language, extreme violence to the point of things I have never seen before and not so romantic sexual situations, this is not the show for you. I'm not sure if it gets much worse, I will be able to continue. I like the storyline but it all is just OTT.
                          Hmm. I Googled it (since I don't have Amazon), and yeah, it's brutal to say the least. The basic premise appeals to me, but the rest makes Game of Thrones look like Candy Land in comparison.

Comment

Thanks for the warning. Please let us know how it continues to go.

Comment

Thank you. I'm feeling fine. Like I said, just ready to get this show on the road.

How are you feeling??
                              Do you have an idea of how long the course of treatment will last? You do have family near you, right? Good support for this journey? I remember talking about the littles in your fam recently. I think the hardest thing is asking others for support. I struggle with that, even with my family. I am stubbornly independent. I don't like having to rely on others or even accept assistance when offered if I don't necessarily need it but it would make my life easier. I'm doing well and am kind of enjoying my battle scar. Next bloodwork check in a month.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I know, right? Those careers sure would be less stressful...just imagine, frolicking with baby goats!
                              Right? Baby goats are so cute. I am going camping with llamas next month, lol. Well, on a llama farm. Apparently this crew is well socialized, not aggressive and don't have a tendency to spit that they are known for. There is a llama yoga session as well. Goat yoga was on the agenda (different trip) until I saw videos when they mention the "blessings" you will most likely get showered with. I'm going to have to think on that one

Already on that ...

I keep thinking on all the fun careers I've discovered in adulthood now that it's popped into my mind. My favorite is the retirement plan I have with one of my dearest friends. We envision a lakeside commune animal rescue where we make cheese/wine/beer. The products will all have fun animal names or themes. Like cheese with a skunk label.

Thanks for that feedback. I stopped watching hallway through the first episode and had to switch to ipad with earbuds to keep watching so the kid wouldn't see/hear, but was wondering if the first few episodes were for the shock value or if that is standard going forward.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that feedback. I stopped watching hallway through the first episode and had to switch to ipad with earbuds to keep watching so the kid wouldn't see/hear, but was wondering if the first few episodes were for the shock value or if that is standard going forward.
                                Oh, it's standard all right. They never miss an opportunity to show things in closeup that would normally be off screen, even in an R-rated show. But if you always wanted to see Karl Urban naked, this is the show for you. Most of it is completely unnecessary also. That first shocking scene when the nice guy and his sweet girlfriend were just chatting on the street and then WHAM could have been handled in a bunch of different ways that wouldn't keep people awake nights.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X