Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    You'll have such great memories of doing that. Whenever I'm home in NC, I go to the cemetery and visit my parents and a long line of grandparents, etc. I sometimes remember people that I have long forgotten.
    There's one grave we will never find though -- my father had a stillborn sister and she doesn't have a known grave.
    I don't know what happened to her remains.

My great-grandmother turned 104 so I'm hoping we inherited her genes.

My DIL just posted pics of what happened when she left the twins alone for 5 minutes. They found the diaper box, scattered them all over the room and Thing 2 was sitting in the box. Thing 1 seems to be laughing up a storm. Total destruction.
    LOOOOOOL!!!

The equivalent of a cat unrolling a roll of toilet paper...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      There's one grave we will never find though -- my father had a stillborn sister and she doesn't have a known grave.
      I don't know what happened to her remains.

My great-grandmother turned 104 so I'm hoping we inherited her genes.
      We have a whole cemetery on my mother's side that is lost forever. They were trying to find it when I was a kid but never did. Now the whole area is an 8 lane bypass.

LOOOOOOL!!!

I can just imagine what they could do with a roll of TP.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

We have a whole cemetery on my mother's side that is lost forever. They were trying to find it when I was a kid but never did. Now the whole area is an 8 lane bypass.
        Oh... wow...

Wait... don't they have to rebury the people they "find" when excavating the site for other purposes?

Because over here a lot of the old church yards converted to parks o parking lots have to offer (if still alive) relatives the option to either rebury or cremate remains, otherwise they all end up in a mass grave with names on one remembrance stone.

Also, we rent burial plots for x-amount of years -- 50 years is the minimum. My grandfather had a plot for us too -- thought that was a bit morbid at the time (before I knew that was actually how the contracts were made up -- family plots).

Comment

Tornados suck. I was in Nashville Monday night. My hotel was safe, but it was loud, scary and lasted almost an hour. Family in Cookeville- Putnam Co- had major damage to their homes (lost roof, deck, windows, etc), but are ok. Interstates were shut down and I didn't think I would be able to easily make it home, but after waiting a few hours they opened the eastbound lanes. Slept 10 hours last night and am still tired from spending Monday night in the hotel stairwell.

After our graveyard adventure, we went for drinks.

Mom would have approved.
          This makes me smile. Glad you found a way to make your mark on the day.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I saw the news on those tornados.

I'm glad I don't live in a country that has those on a regular basis, or ever.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
              Tornados suck. I was in Nashville Monday night. My hotel was safe, but it was loud, scary and lasted almost an hour. Family in Cookeville- Putnam Co- had major damage to their homes (lost roof, deck, windows, etc), but are ok. Interstates were shut down and I didn't think I would be able to easily make it home, but after waiting a few hours they opened the eastbound lanes. Slept 10 hours last night and am still tired from spending Monday night in the hotel stairwell.
              Glad you and your family members are okay! *big hugs*

I have to say, if I had to choose between tornadoes and earthquakes...I'd still pick the earthquakes. We may not be able to really predict earthquakes yet (we're only just at the "we can give you 10 seconds warning" phase) but at least you can build to withstand them. Tornadoes...not so much, unless you've got a concrete bunker.

You'll have such great memories of doing that. Whenever I'm home in NC, I go to the cemetery and visit my parents and a long line of grandparents, etc. I sometimes remember people that I have long forgotten.

My DIL just posted pics of what happened when she left the twins alone for 5 minutes. They found the diaper box, scattered them all over the room and Thing 2 was sitting in the box. Thing 1 seems to be laughing up a storm. Total destruction.
              OMFGLMAO!

Hah! That analogy is brilliant.

(This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh... wow...

Wait... don't they have to rebury the people they "find" when excavating the site for other purposes?

Because over here a lot of the old church yards converted to parks o parking lots have to offer (if still alive) relatives the option to either rebury or cremate remains, otherwise they all end up in a mass grave with names on one remembrance stone.

Also, we rent burial plots for x-amount of years -- 50 years is the minimum. My grandfather had a plot for us too -- thought that was a bit morbid at the time (before I knew that was actually how the contracts were made up -- family plots).
                This was a family plot back in the 1800's that seems to have been taken over by woods, had no marker stones and was lost forever. There were few regulations in those days. Now my family on both sides are buried in church cemeteries.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post

This makes me smile. Glad you found a way to make your mark on the day.
                Glad you and your family are okay. Tornadoes have to be the worst.
                sigpic

Comment

This was a family plot back in the 1800's that seems to have been taken over by woods, had no marker stones and was lost forever. There were few regulations in those days. Now my family on both sides are buried in church cemeteries.
                  Ah right...

I wanna be buried underneath a burial hill, like in the olden days, with gifts for the afterlife like my sword and dagger, a shield, some food would be nice too. A few trinkets.

I mean, those archaeologists of the future should at least have a little fun digging out my hill.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Ah right...

I wanna be buried underneath a burial hill, like in the olden days, with gifts for the afterlife like my sword and dagger, a shield, some food would be nice too. A few trinkets.

I mean, those archaeologists of the future should at least have a little fun digging out my hill.
                    Same here. That would be so awesome.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

It's going to be a glorious sunny day, and we're off on another raiding party supply run to the mainland, so it's an early morning for me. Have fun, everyone!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

Hey guys... Long looong time, no see.

Good to see people still hanging around. Just wanted to drop by with a gift. I was revisiting some old artwork and decided to redo one of my former favorites. If you'd like to take a look.

Also, I just wanted to say that I sincerely hope everyone is doing well, and wish you all good health and happiness.
                          sigpic
                          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Erin87 -- hey!

Still looking good... Sparky for the win!

Comment

We had a dusting of snow last night. It was pretty (and it has already melted away, so YAY)

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post

Good to see people still hanging around. Just wanted to drop by with a gift. I was revisiting some old artwork and decided to redo one of my former favorites. If you'd like to take a look.

Also, I just wanted to say that I sincerely hope everyone is doing well, and wish you all good health and happiness.
                              Oh that was you on Tumblr! I reblogged that post. Very nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post

Hey, good to see you. Lovely art as usual. We are still hanging in there but usually talking about our lives instead of Sparky. LOL
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X