Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Well.... Belgian government has decided that bars and restaurants are to be closed down from midnight today until the 3rd of April.

We're all to work from home if possible (we just made a schedule for our team), and lessons are suspended (my Python classes too).

All gyms are closed, as are cinemas, holiday parks (not all of them)... I'll be doing my ropeskipping in our garage the next couple of weeks.

Our elderly people in care homes are "locked up". Basically no visitors allowed in, not even family.

Yeah... never thought I'd have to add a pandemic to my list of things to remember in my future... You know, the kind when you're in your old age and you're going "Remember when..."

And to be perfectly honest... I think I'm coming down with something... ...could be a cold or well... you know, what's currently making the rounds.
    I went to the grocery store today and it was like 6pm on Christmas Eve. Surprisingly, everyone was being very nice and friendly though. I chatted with some people while waiting in line to check out and they were mostly ticked off about schools closing. It was amusing also to see the things that were and were not sold out.

Schools in my county closed because the neighboring systems are closed and parents complained. There is a case near us but nothing widespread yet. The twins' daycare is closed for a "deep cleaning" so their mom had to work from home. I think things are going to close like dominoes pretty soon.

Just talked to SR Jr. and both he and his wife get to work from home at least for the rest of the month. Everybody stay healthy. This too shall pass. And as SR Jr. said, "It's all fun and games until you see the first zombie."
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'd plan ahead if I were you.

Take precautions and be safe.
      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I just saw on the news that Disneyworld is currently closed. I hope that wasn't on your agenda!!
      No, no Disney plans this year. We went three or four years in a row and ended up a bit burnt out though it's on my radar for next year as I wanted to see Star Wars area after some of the demand lessened. We have a beach house in quiet section of the beach in a sleepy little town. My aunt lives on the island. We usually go to the house and never leave Mostly worried about supply availability, so if we get to go, we'll bring most of what we need in. We still may have to reschedule due to work issues. My heart aches for all those whose incomes have been impacted from this. I'm fortunate in that my job needs me more during downturns.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      I watched the first few episodes of Torri's latest show "Transplant." It's about a Syrian Doctor in Canada. Torri plays a nurse, I think? I saw it advertised on TV here, and then I noticed Torri somebody responded to someone on Twitter talking about it. They said her character has Dr. Weir's sass, so I decided to check it out. Torri's not the most prominent character, but she is in the equivalent of the opening credits. It's basically another one of those doctor shows, most of which I don't watch, but so far it seems passable as doctor shows go.
      Glad to see a review. How did you watch it? I did a quick search online and it wasn't readily apparent.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        Glad to see a review. How did you watch it? I did a quick search online and it wasn't readily apparent.
        Oh, I watched it online on the website of the CTV Network. Which, now that you mention it, I guess that might only be available to Canadians.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          And as SR Jr. said, "It's all fun and games until you see the first zombie."
          Oh dear...

Still quiet out here...except for the raging windstorm. No power outages yet and I hope it stays that way. *knocks on wood*

May have to see if I can find Torri's show. We're close enough to the border to pick up Canadian stations.

Stay safe and healthy out there, everyone!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Hopefully it is just a cold, or the typical springtime tree/grass pollen irritating nose and throat nonsense. Please take care of yourself!
            It's a cold. I'm sneezing and blowing my nose like a pro.

However, considering the relation a cold has to the corona family, I do have to call in to the doctor's office monday (if I'm still feeling the effects) and they'll probably tell me to stay home for at least a week. My colleague had a soar throat and a headache last week and she had to stay home a week, and was told to stay home the rest of this week as well -- but work from home.

And as SR Jr. said, "It's all fun and games until you see the first zombie."
            LOL!! My colleague said the same thing.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Toilet paper is cleared out around here. Schools are closed which, like SR said, has caused a multitude of reactions.

It does feel like zombies are coming. I should have done my normal grocery shopping today, but I just couldn't make myself deal with the crowds. Hopefully there will be some food left when I get there on Monday. (And thankfully I bought TP last week)

And good luck to all the people most affected by this. Take care and stay safe!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Winds are still blowing, though not as bad as yesterday. We did have a small power outage, but it got fixed in time to make dinner at the usual hour (yay!). Sneezing and blowing my nose like crazy with all the dust getting blown around.

It's a cold. I'm sneezing and blowing my nose like a pro.

However, considering the relation a cold has to the corona family, I do have to call in to the doctor's office monday (if I'm still feeling the effects) and they'll probably tell me to stay home for at least a week. My colleague had a soar throat and a headache last week and she had to stay home a week, and was told to stay home the rest of this week as well -- but work from home.
                Whew, that's a relief! As for staying home, that's probably a good thing anyway, all things considered.

Toilet paper is cleared out around here. Schools are closed which, like SR said, has caused a multitude of reactions.

It does feel like zombies are coming. I should have done my normal grocery shopping today, but I just couldn't make myself deal with the crowds. Hopefully there will be some food left when I get there on Monday. (And thankfully I bought TP last week)

LOL, same here on the toilet paper. It looks like the entire island is cleaned out. Fortunately we stocked up while we were over in America a couple of weeks ago. Along with plenty of soup, pasta, and dry cereal.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And so it begins... the weekend was quiet of course, but now it's day 1 of working from home.

I'm not alone because my sister is also working from home. I'm waiting for my new computerscreen to arrive.

It feels so weird... it's eerie.

EDIT -- later that same day

I have been confined to quarters with a common cold.
                  Last edited by Falcon Horus; 16 March 2020, 04:39 AM.

Comment

LOL, same here on the toilet paper. It looks like the entire island is cleaned out. Fortunately we stocked up while we were over in America a couple of weeks ago. Along with plenty of soup, pasta, and dry cereal.
                    I just went shopping this morning. Certain things were completely out of stock (besides TP of course).... pasta, pasta sauce, water. There was limited availability on lots of things like milk, OJ, bread. But I was able to get what I needed.

And so it begins... the weekend was quiet of course, but now it's day 1 of working from home.

I'm not alone because my sister is also working from home. I'm waiting for my new computerscreen to arrive.

Oh no!!! I hope you feel better soon.

Good luck with working from home. I've done it. It can be great or it can be annoying. It was harder to do when my mother and aunt were still alive and living with me. My mom, in particular, didn't quite get that I had to concentrate and not chat every few minutes. I miss her.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Still a bit windy out...this thing is lasting longer than we thought it was.

And now all bars and restaurants in the state have been closed to sit-down traffic by order of the governor; take-out orders only. Theaters are closed, too.

Well, on the bright side, at least it's the cold and not something worse. Rest up and get better soon! *sends virtual hugs*

I just went shopping this morning. Certain things were completely out of stock (besides TP of course).... pasta, pasta sauce, water. There was limited availability on lots of things like milk, OJ, bread. But I was able to get what I needed.
                      Good to hear you got the items you wanted. Hope you're stocked up on the rest!

Oh no!!! I hope you feel better soon.

Good luck with working from home. I've done it. It can be great or it can be annoying. It was harder to do when my mother and aunt were still alive and living with me. My mom, in particular, didn't quite get that I had to concentrate and not chat every few minutes. I miss her.
                      *virtual hugs to you too*

Comment

I can't imagine how everyone with common colds must be being treated. At least being at home saves you from the dirty looks, except from maybe your own family, lol. Feel better!

Oh my. So funny how often zombies are coming up. I know a few people I think are secretly hopeful they will get a change to see a few. I may need new friends

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Winds are still blowing, though not as bad as yesterday. We did have a small power outage, but it got fixed in time to make dinner at the usual hour (yay!). Sneezing and blowing my nose like crazy with all the dust getting blown around.

Whew, that's a relief! As for staying home, that's probably a good thing anyway, all things considered.

Glad it sounds like everyone is stocked up. I usually have two to three weeks of staples in my pantry at any given time, but I added to my freestanding freezer and added to my baking supplies to ensure I never run out of bread or pizza crust. I made my very last supply run super early this morning. Wine, champagne, and giant jug of orange juice- check. I have Sunday mimosa supplies for at least six weeks, lol.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Question of the day -- after the upteenth sneeze, I might add: "How much power does one sneeze pack?"

Opinions are divided, depending on who you ask.

Last year, I remember, wondering about the amount of mucus a person produces in a life time. Can't remember what it was exactly, but it was an interesting amount.

Comment

My last 2 posts don't seem to have shown up so forgive me if I repeat myself.

I'm sorry for all those people who aren't used to staying home. Now you know what retirement will be like.

Both SR Jr. and Mrs. SR Jr. are working from home which I'm sure is getting interesting. We were talking to him on Friday when the twins pushed out the screen on the door, escaped onto the balcony and had to be rescued. I may have heard something about no more fresh air. He also said that he had been to Total Wine and it was mobbed. So, finally this morning we decided we were getting low on wine and Mr. SR needed to make a run. They have shut down the online ordering so I called to make sure they weren't too busy. The nice young man said it was just a normal Tuesday and then he started laughing hysterically. So we'll be able to get enough wine to last hopefully until the hysteria is over.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

My new screen arrived... OH MY GODDESS, I'M IN LOVE WITH MY CURVED SCREEN!!

Anywho... my cold is clearing up, but I infected my sister... woops...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I can't imagine how everyone with common colds must be being treated. At least being at home saves you from the dirty looks, except from maybe your own family, lol. Feel better!
                                Or allergies.

Oh my. So funny how often zombies are coming up. I know a few people I think are secretly hopeful they will get a change to see a few. I may need new friends

My last 2 posts don't seem to have shown up so forgive me if I repeat myself.

I'm sorry for all those people who aren't used to staying home. Now you know what retirement will be like.

Both SR Jr. and Mrs. SR Jr. are working from home which I'm sure is getting interesting. We were talking to him on Friday when the twins pushed out the screen on the door, escaped onto the balcony and had to be rescued. I may have heard something about no more fresh air. He also said that he had been to Total Wine and it was mobbed. So, finally this morning we decided we were getting low on wine and Mr. SR needed to make a run. They have shut down the online ordering so I called to make sure they weren't too busy. The nice young man said it was just a normal Tuesday and then he started laughing hysterically. So we'll be able to get enough wine to last hopefully until the hysteria is over.
                                OMGLMAO. It's even hit the wine stores.

My new screen arrived... OH MY GODDESS, I'M IN LOVE WITH MY CURVED SCREEN!!

Anywho... my cold is clearing up, but I infected my sister... woops...
                                D'oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X