No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And one more thing...A very Happy Birthday to our own Southern Red! Hope you're having a fantastic day!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Happy birthday to the matriarch of this thread, Southern Red!

I walked a shelter dog yesterday. An akiva mix named Ukir. 2 years old and full of energy.
        Today I'm feeling her energy in my shoulders.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          And one more thing...A very Happy Birthday to our own Southern Red! Hope you're having a fantastic day!
          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Happy birthday to the matriarch of this thread, Southern Red!
          Thanks guys. It was a great birthday. I went shopping at the mall and spent my birthday gift card from Mr. SR. Then we had dinner with the twins.

They had been to another little kid's 1st birthday party earlier in the day where they discovered balloons and pigged out on sweets. They had a small nap before dinner but it was not nearly long enough. We left a big tip and hoped they would let us return at some point but I guess we were overly critical and self conscious. On the way out several people came up and complimented the twins on how well behaved they were. One lady said she initially said "oh no" when she saw us arrive but quickly changed her mind. Personally, I thought "well dang, how badly do your kids behave in public?" but I was pleased that their parents are obviously doing something right. Just a short rundown.

1. Both of them discovered they really love crab dip.
          2. Thing 1 almost performed the tablecloth trick but we were quicker and no dishes were broken.
          3. Thing 2 turned around in his seat and stared at a table of 4 ladies. At first it was cute and they exchanged waves and hellos. Then it just got creepy.
          4. When you scold Thing 1, he turns his back on you and pretends you don't exist.
          5. They had to be separated when they started to chatter at each other like howler monkeys.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I walked a shelter dog yesterday. An akiva mix named Ukir. 2 years old and full of energy.
            Today I'm feeling her energy in my shoulders.
            Ah, a long hot soaky bath is in order!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Thanks guys. It was a great birthday. I went shopping at the mall and spent my birthday gift card from Mr. SR. Then we had dinner with the twins.

They had been to another little kid's 1st birthday party earlier in the day where they discovered balloons and pigged out on sweets. They had a small nap before dinner but it was not nearly long enough. We left a big tip and hoped they would let us return at some point but I guess we were overly critical and self conscious. On the way out several people came up and complimented the twins on how well behaved they were. One lady said she initially said "oh no" when she saw us arrive but quickly changed her mind. Personally, I thought "well dang, how badly do your kids behave in public?" but I was pleased that their parents are obviously doing something right. Just a short rundown.

2. Thing 1 almost performed the tablecloth trick but we were quicker and no dishes were broken.
            3. Thing 2 turned around in his seat and stared at a table of 4 ladies. At first it was cute and they exchanged waves and hellos. Then it just got creepy.
            4. When you scold Thing 1, he turns his back on you and pretends you don't exist.
            5. They had to be separated when they started to chatter at each other like howler monkeys.
            LOL, OMG the twins! Sounds like they're doing okay. And aaahhh, crab dip. Glad to hear a good time was had by all.

Comment

I'm glad you had such a good birthday, Southern Red.

Things 1 and 2 sound like so much fun.

Comment

Looking forward to the day when Thing 1 is able to do that trick and puts it up on the equivalent of TikTok for everyone to see, hopefully without broken dishes.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  I'm glad you had such a good birthday, Southern Red.

Things 1 and 2 sound like so much fun.
                  Thanks.

Looking forward to the day when Thing 1 is able to do that trick and puts it up on the equivalent of TikTok for everyone to see, hopefully without broken dishes.
                  Not gonna happen. We decided we have to forego tablecloth restaurants at least until they get past the "terrible twos." I also forgot to mention that Thing 1 stole a napkin but was apprehended before he made his escape. They know what napkins are for and insist on wiping their own mouths with mixed results.
                  sigpic

Comment

Not gonna happen. We decided we have to forego tablecloth restaurants at least until they get past the "terrible twos." I also forgot to mention that Thing 1 stole a napkin but was apprehended before he made his escape. They know what napkins are for and insist on wiping their own mouths with mixed results.
                    Before you know it, he's started a napkin-collection.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Heh, at least they know what napkins are for and use them. That's half the battle right there.

Before you know it, he's started a napkin-collection.
                      Well, I suppose there are worse things to collect...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Heh, at least they know what napkins are for and use them. That's half the battle right there.

They also once saw me wiping up water spills on my kitchen floor and wanted to help. So I gave them each a paper towel and they went all around wiping up pretend spills and "dusting" furniture until they decided to eat the paper towels. Fun while it lasted but they will be good helpers some day.
                        sigpic

Comment

They also once saw me wiping up water spills on my kitchen floor and wanted to help. So I gave them each a paper towel and they went all around wiping up pretend spills and "dusting" furniture until they decided to eat the paper towels. Fun while it lasted but they will be good helpers some day.

SR Jr. and his wife are bringing up those boys right.

Comment

Nothing goes better with morning coffee than twin time recaps. I was laughing like a normal person until I hit number 5. There may have been coffee snorted when I read howler monkeys. It painted such a lovely vivid picture in my mind, lol.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I never said they were clean napkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                                Nothing goes better with morning coffee than twin time recaps. I was laughing like a normal person until I hit number 5. There may have been coffee snorted when I read howler monkeys. It painted such a lovely vivid picture in my mind, lol.
                                Mr. SR and I have been watching "Seven Worlds One Planet" and I remembered the monkeys. I'll have to ask if they watched it because it was a perfect imitation.

I never said they were clean napkins.
                                They weren't.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X