Icons/negative space/pairs challenge

JadedWraith

Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse

Wallpaper

JadedWraith/slizzie1986
    pairs/icons/coloring

FalconHorus/slizzie1986
    pairs
    Slizzie and FH made a signature with matching icons, starring Tricia Helfer as Six from Battlestar Galactica.

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      *flails in*

I HAVE MY VERY OWN SPHERO BB-8 TO PLAY WITH!!!!

*flails out*

*sticks head back in*

Oh yeah, I also saw a new John/Elizabeth fic on LJ.

*disappears*
      Eeee! I've seen those BB-8s, they're so cute!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      East Carolina is my alma mater, so you can imagine I had mixed emotions. I spent the whole game saying "oh dear" and not one of my college friends posted on FB. Oh dear. Thank you for doing this every week also. We have some new members since we started the football thing. I wonder if anyone has a favorite college team that we don't know about.
      LOL, reminds me of my grandma during Troy Week. She went to UCLA, but got her teaching credential at USC. And of course I went to USC. Good times.

I don't know much about football to begin with - soccer on the other hand.
      So, I'll just nod or be sad when your teams loose.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm at work right now but wanted to pop in real quick and say hi!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        East Carolina is my alma mater, so you can imagine I had mixed emotions. I spent the whole game saying "oh dear" and not one of my college friends posted on FB. Oh dear. Thank you for doing this every week also. We have some new members since we started the football thing. I wonder if anyone has a favorite college team that we don't know about.
        I don't really follow college football, but I like seeing the scores every week. Makes me think that, somewhere, Shep and Co are placing bets on this week's games.

I occasionally follow NFL but that's more out of loyalty to a good friend of mine who is a diehard Seahawks fan.

I don't know much about football to begin with - soccer on the other hand.
        So, I'll just nod or be sad when your teams loose.
        I do the same. LOL

Comment

Hello, again! Long post incoming!!

Let me just preface this by saying that I have been utterly exhausted for the past week, as in before the Chicago trip and by the time I returned, so I've had little energy to even check the internet and stay connected to the world. Actually, it felt good to disconnect for a while.

THE CON

Spoiler:
          The whole thing was pretty darn amazing to me, even though I had this feeling that it wasn't as exciting for experienced attendees. I've been a fan of the show since I was in middle school, and to actually see the actors whose characters I've loved for years right in front of me was a bit surreal.

To start, the vendors area was extremely lacking; Creation only had one table, and it was all photos and t-shirts, which meant my voucher for Torri's autograph was only good for photos for other autographs, lol. There were two or three other vendors with lots of random Stargate and sci-fi paraphernalia laid out, but the only must-have items I found were the out-of-print audio dramas. I was so tempted to buy them all up! But I settled with Torri's and both of Teryl's. I'm very happy to have found those, at least. Now, if I weren't saving for an overseas trip...

I also may have gotten a photo of Torri as a memento of her almost being there lmaoo. I figure... it's official merch, and she's even on the t-shirt and all the banners, so it's still a memory. Not to mention I can bring it to any future event that she might attend where I can finally see her in person.

Jewel was up first, and she was a hoot. All of her stories were funny, and she even said that she and David were grossed out by their characters' romance, heh. I live for this kind of dirt.

I have also gained respect for David DeLuise, as I knew so very little about him before. He's also hilarious and just very nice overall. I love that he is so inspired by the kids he teaches acting to. Also, any impressions of Peter DeLuise are most welcome.

Chris, of course, had me busting out laughing. He told some stories that I had heard in other con vids, but he doesn't fail to make them amazing again.

Joe told stories about his kids, Jason Momoa, and pranking David Hewlitt. Oh, and his infamous hair. David and Jason impressions are the best, tho.

And the best part? he was asked by a new fan about Elizabeth and John. Honestly, leave it to anyone watching the show for the first time to pick up on this right away - that's how you KNOW it's there, right? His reaction was this exaggerated thoughtful look, and he basically cited Moonlight (Moonlighting? Can't remember) as an example of their relationship. He immediately launched into his speculation that Torri being kicked off the show was directly connected with Amanda already having a place before Torri officially left. He said he fought hard for her to stay, but, well, you know.

I think he basically came back to the original question and said yes, they did have a romantic tension on screen and that the writers probably discussed it a lot, making this romantic tension intentional. However, Amanda was the "new girl" for the show, which made Atlantis start to feel conveniently like SG-1 and really something that took away from Atlantis being its own thing. (That's my memory of it, anyway. I really, really wish I could've recorded the talk.)

Other than the talks, the real meat of the experience for me was to meet the actors in the vendors area. I talked with Gary Jones, David Nykl, Carmen Argenziano, and Eric Avari, and they were all so wonderful and friendly. I feel a little emotional about it; I've absolutely loved watching them over the years, and they are such a pleasure to actually meet. I also saw Rainbow Sun Francks, but I actually felt a bit awkward not wanting to spend more money on autographs and photos, so I didn't actually talk to him. I regret that!

I haven't yet reached Universe in my re-watch (and I never watched it in the first place), so I didn't recognize the SGU actors.

Finally, the autograph session with the three mainliners - Jewel, Joe, and Chris - took hours. So disorganized, honestly lol. Mainly a lot of waiting to be called (and the order didn't even matter after a while), a quick signature ("Hello," "Thanks"), and done. Chris was actually watching a football game on his phone while signing - I could tell he was pretty much done with the event by then, and I think Joe only saw me for a second lmfao. I get it, they have a thousand people to go through, but man, is that one expensive signature. (I couldn't spend my voucher on much, so I basically ponied up the money for Joe's signature along with Torri's voucher.)

I would say meeting the other actors was much more fulfilling, but I'm still glad I was able to see Chris and Joe up close and Jewel at least in person.

Overall, I still immensely enjoyed being around other fans with whom I could fall into easy conversation and seeing the general hubbub. My only wish was to be able to attend Sunday, but I really wanted to see Chicago as well - and THAT is a whole different story. I will say that I absolutely fell in love with the city, though, and I am dying to return to do everything I couldn't cram into the few hours I had on Sunday!
          rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Janet Fraiser I wish I had checked GW before leaving for the con! I was there too!!! We could've said hi!

I too had an extremely awesome weekend! It was everything I had hoped it would be and more!

Hi everyone! Been a long time since I've been on.. I'm sorry. >.<
            sigpic
            [call me loser.]

Comment

Originally posted by losernerdfriend View Post
              Janet Fraiser I wish I had checked GW before leaving for the con! I was there too!!! We could've said hi!

I too had an extremely awesome weekend! It was everything I had hoped it would be and more!

Hi everyone! Been a long time since I've been on.. I'm sorry. >.<
              Aw, shoot, lol. Was it your first con too?
              rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Fun was had, that's what counts.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
                  Aw, shoot, lol. Was it your first con too?
                  It was!! And it was worth every penny! Haha.
                  sigpic
                  [call me loser.]

Comment

Thanks Janet Frasier for that great con report. I know you are on cloud nine still after such a thrilling weekend.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Until the con blues hit...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Janet Frasier, thanks for that trip report, I'm so glad you had fun at your first con! Just remember, now that you've been bitten by the con bug, there's no going back, LOL! (BTW, there's a couple of other major cons in Chicago if you're looking for more: C2E2 in the spring, and Wizard World Chicago in late summer.)

Until the con blues hit...
                        Ugh, it's been two years since my last con (Comic-Con San Diego 2014) and I'm STILL missing the insanity.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        I don't really follow college football, but I like seeing the scores every week. Makes me think that, somewhere, Shep and Co are placing bets on this week's games.
                        My headcanon is that there is totally a friendly rivalry between the Air Force personnel and the Marines over how many wins Air Force and Navy get every year. Sure makes the Sunday morning PT runs more colorful. And that's before we even get to the Air Force vs. Navy game...
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

Happy Ghost Hunting Saturday!
                              sigpic
                              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                                Happy Ghost Hunting Saturday!
                                The what now?

Comment

Working...
                                X