No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Don't get the idea that towns like this really exist all over the place here. It's a bit too congenial and precious. That's partly why I love it I think. The closest you would come would be one of those quaint towns on Martha's Vineyard or some place like Telluride, Colorado which are places that average people cannot afford.
    Too true.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Also, here be my dance ficlet. It's unbeta'd so just posting it here until I find a beta and post it on AO3:

Title: It Takes Two To Tango
      Rating: PG-13
      Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Teyla Emmagan, Laura Cadman, Elizabeth Weir, John Sheppard & Rodney McKay (in passing)
      Pairings: John Sheppard/Elizabeth Weir & Teyla Emmagan/Kate Heightmeyer
      Summary: It takes two to tango.

Spoiler:

The cafeteria was unusually crowded for the time of night, and if Laura Cadman hadn’t spotted her and waved her over, Kate had turned back immediately from where she came, forgoing the idea of having a quiet bit of tea time before bed. She had joined the table reluctantly. It was well-stocked with familiar faces, some rarely making time for dinner or pleasantries afterwards. Rodney Mckay, in particular, gazed longingly at the door every so often, an experiment or ancient bit of technology no doubt lying in wait for his undying attention.

Kate only half listened to the conversation that was going on. It wasn’t that they weren’t talking about anything interesting, just the idea of Teyla’s fingers so close to her own within reach to touch kept her from giving the conversation her full attention. The hint of a smile on the Athosian’s face was more than telling her Teyla was keeping those fingers just out of reach on purpose.

“It takes two to tango,” Laura replied to a question Kate had not heard being asked.

“I’m quite familiar with the horizontal tango,” John added thoughtfully.

His revelation was met with silence, followed by a splurt of tea and Kate looking rather apologetic at Rodney as she pulled a napkin from the holder to clean up the spilled liquid.

“Why am I not surprised?” Elizabeth barely contained a chuckle.

“I can show you.” He grinned, “Later.”

“O-kay,” Laura intervened, halting the topic before it could go into territory she clearly wasn’t ready to tread, not with her superior officer sitting on the other side of the table. “Time for me to go to bed! G’night!”

“We shall have to leave as well.”

Teyla rose, taking Kate’s hand. The gesture send a jolt through Kate's arm, all the way up to the most inner core of her heart.

“We are?” Kate managed to say somewhat surprised.

Teyla turned, whispered something in Kate’s ear which made her blush, and grinned.

“We are,” Kate said more firmly, allowing Teyla to pull her away.

“Seems like the Tango D’Amore is quite popular tonight.”

John commented on the hasty retreat of the pair. Elizabeth rolled her eyes though the sparkle in her eyes never left.

“Well, my lady,” he too rose from his seat and turned to Elizabeth, “What say you?” He held out his arm. “Want to dance?”
      Cute!! Love how it ends. Can def see him saying that.

--

Anywho.. I promise I'm still here! Just in full lurk mode cause I'm working on a new project. (Just acquired Sony Vegas and I'm testing this puppy out. ) Hopefully will have something to post in the next week or so if lucky. Still learning the ropes. (Just edited some audio that took about 2 hours.. >.<)
      sigpic
      [call me loser.]

Comment

Thanks.

Sony Vegas is awesome.
        I also have Adobe Premiere but Sony Vegas is what I always go back to.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

OMG that fic is PRECIOUS! John is so, so, SO corny, and Kate and Teyla are adorable! Kate catches on quick, LOL!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's a different kind of dancing then what might be expected but it takes skill too.

Comment

I just got back from visiting my sister in Toronto and Stargate SG-1 was on TV in our hotel playing two episodes per day. So conveniently I saw Lost City (and then New Order) again, which was the first reveal of most of the concepts relating to Stargate Atlantis, including Jessica Stein's Dr Weir, the name "Atlantis" and our first look at ZPMs. I think they even played the Atlantis music for the first time at the end! I think the only earlier hint would have been in the Season 6 finale when Ascended Daniel first informed Jack about "The Lost City of the Ancients."

I made a point of paying special attention to the first version of Weir to see if my initial memories of this performance still rang true. And they pretty much did. I feel like most parts of this character could still have been played by Torri's version, but it still had a different feel, even if it was fairly clearly the same character.

Both have moments of authority, but Jessica's version of Weir came across as a lot more nervous and awkward for a lot of it. Perhaps hints of something slightly more McKay like. I think they probably initially intended for a bit more humor to come out of the character because there were a couple of jokes that seemed a little different from the ones that Torri's version would have been involved with. I mean I guess, she could have done them, but most Atlantis Weir jokes either had her as the straight man or were funny because of the expectation that she's usually the calm and reasonable one.

Even then though, they clearly were planning something with this character, because she got a lot of screentime and was built up as somebody important.

It would have been interesting to see whatever those plans would have been I suppose, but I have a hard time imagining she could have been as effective as Torri's version at being that "Rock of Atlantis" kind of character she ended up becoming. Even in New Order, when she was clearly a little lost and out of her element, Torri's performance kind of exuded this sense of calmness and strength, to me.

Although one thing that it made me realized they never really took much advantage of is that Weir is supposed to know several languages, five to be exact. And I think two of them were supposed to be Russian and Latin. It would have been cool to see her speak to members of the Atlantis Expedition in other languages for a few scenes. I guess part of that is because Zelenka was changed from Russian to Czech because of Peter Nykl, but it still feels like a missed opportunity.
              Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 09 June 2016, 05:29 PM.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                Although one thing that it made me realized they never really took much advantage of is that Weir is supposed to know several languages, five to be exact. And I think two of them were supposed to be Russian and Latin.
                She translated the ancient-line spoken by Halling in season 1 when Jinto and Wex get themselves in trouble in the city. And she translated the Wraith language in The Gift. I'd say her Latin did come in to play.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                I guess part of that is because Zelenka was changed from Russian to Czech because of Peter Nykl, but it still feels like a missed opportunity.
                David Nykl, you mean.

Comment

Dammit, yes that's it.

Also, there's actually a line where Jack is speaking Ancient and Jessica Weir doesn't understand him, but does point out that he's not speaking Latin. So I think Weir understanding Ancient is more of an exploration of her ability to learn new languages.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Darnit Infinite-Possibilities, now you've got me wanting to do a rewatch of those intro-to-Atlantis episodes! Except my DVDs are in storage.

Comment

@Southern Red

Good Witch

Concerning Martha, honorable mayor of Middletown...

She's hilarious.

And now that I've finished season 1, I can say that this is one of those shows where I totally adore all the characters.

Comment

@Southern Red

Good Witch

Concerning Martha, honorable mayor of Middletown...

She's hilarious.

And now that I've finished season 1, I can say that this is one of those shows where I totally adore all the characters.
                        Me too. I just love them all. Well, there's one in S2 you won't love quite so much.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Me too. I just love them all. Well, there's one in S2 you won't love quite so much.
                          I have to make an addendum: I don't like Linda.

And I have the disctinct feeling that Middleton and Sleepy Hollow are the same Canadian town.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Darnit Infinite-Possibilities, now you've got me wanting to do a rewatch of those intro-to-Atlantis episodes! Except my DVDs are in storage.
                            I think this happened to be the second time I'd seen New Order again with fresh eyes. ANd I thought it really was a good episode in it's own right. The characters are all divided up into multiple unrelated subplots but they were all interesting.

Lost City was good too, with the biggest Goa'uld attack on Earth yet (and this time there were at least a little more consequences than before), but I couldn't help but notice even in that case there were some contrivances to somehow help the heroes win, and win without revealing the Stargate program to the public.

Anubis probes Earth's defenses by destroying a millitary taskforce in the ocean and then withdrawing. And one of the President's aides asks why he doesn't just destroy a couple cities, but conveniently they never answer that question.

Also, I've played enough space empire games to know that sending the bulk of your armada to conquer a single planet of primitives is an ineffecient use of your resources.
                            Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 11 June 2016, 08:18 AM.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I have to make an addendum: I don't like Linda.

And I have the disctinct feeling that Middleton and Sleepy Hollow are the same Canadian town.
                              Linda's the one. I was thinking she didn't come along until S2.

Cedar Cove, which has since been canceled, was another Hallmark series with a perfect town. And Teryl Rothery. And the guy who played John's brother.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Linda's the one. I was thinking she didn't come along until S2.
                                She starts appearing in the 7th or 8th episode of season 1, I think. And now she's moving in...

Comment

Working...
                                X