No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to see Captain America yesterday. It was sleep inducing, to say the least.

Great fight sequences, Carter's funeral was a nice touch, okay dialogue and humor, but the story was just not there. Certainly didn't live up to the hype.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Went to see Captain America yesterday. It was sleep inducing, to say the least.

Great fight sequences, Carter's funeral was a nice touch, okay dialogue and humor, but the story was just not there. Certainly didn't live up to the hype.
      It did bounce around all over the place, didn't it? And don't even get me started on
      Spoiler:
      breaking up Tony and Pepper just to give Tony some extra manpain on that manpain sandwich. What the hell were they thinking?
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Challenge #108

Copter has a busy week so I'll be hosting this challenge. She will be on to post the entries for #107 tonight.

The prompt for this week's challenge is Dancing.

This could mean literal dancing or a sense of movement in the piece and or text on the piece.

Entries are due to me by PM at noon your time on May 30th.
        sigpic
        Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

Mmm... I feel like writing a Dancing drabble. *ponders*

Comment

Do it! I need more things to read. I'm running out.
            sigpic
            [call me loser.]

Comment

Originally posted by losernerdfriend View Post
              Do it! I need more things to read. I'm running out.
              If you don't mind the extra bit of Kate/Teyla, then I'm sure I can offer something to read.

I wrote a dancing-themed fic for Secret Santa last year: Lorne/Cadman.
              And I remember I wrote a Sparky one too -- something with a christmas party I think. Can't remember.

Comment

Flowers Challenge

RodneyisGodney

Grace

MSusy

raduzhok

taris-eirien

copter

A huge thank you to slizzie1986 for hosting this week's challenge on very very short notice!
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I really liked Civil War, but I can't really hold it against someone who doesn't think it lived up to the hype.

I did think it was weird
                    Spoiler:
                    how first they were friends then they were enemies then they were friends again then they were enemies again. That seemed a little contrived. Especially since Zemo's entire plan hinged on Tony showing up even thought he had no way of knowing for sure that he would find them or that Cap had inexplicably not told him what he'd learned in Winter Soldier.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I feel like reading a really good Sparky story, but there are so many to choose from. So somebody make the decision for me. Pretty please?

Comment

I could give you a really good, recently written Kate/Teyla story (by Mific)... but I too am coming up short on Sparky right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          I really liked Civil War, but I can't really hold it against someone who doesn't think it lived up to the hype.

I did think it was weird
                          Spoiler:
                          how first they were friends then they were enemies then they were friends again then they were enemies again. That seemed a little contrived. Especially since Zemo's entire plan hinged on Tony showing up even thought he had no way of knowing for sure that he would find them or that Cap had inexplicably not told him what he'd learned in Winter Soldier.
                          Contrived is a good way to put it. But I always find with this genre, it's best not to worry about plot or story but just relax and enjoy.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          I feel like reading a really good Sparky story, but there are so many to choose from. So somebody make the decision for me. Pretty please?
                          Just a quick look around Command Dynamics led me to this story but there are tons more. I may come back later and read that one myself.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Contrived is a good way to put it. But I always find with this genre, it's best not to worry about plot or story but just relax and enjoy.
                            Too bad even that wasn't possible with the worst possible seats ever.

Comment

Too bad even that wasn't possible with the worst possible seats ever.
                              Sorry about that. Reminds me of the time I got confused and ordered seats in the second row instead of near the back. Mr. SR said it was like IMAX, but I think he was just trying to make me feel better. We have a new theater near us that has these huge reclining seats and you get to choose a reserved seat. I think this might be a new trend in movie theaters and I love it.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

If you don't mind the extra bit of Kate/Teyla, then I'm sure I can offer something to read.

I wrote a dancing-themed fic for Secret Santa last year: Lorne/Cadman.
                                And I remember I wrote a Sparky one too -- something with a christmas party I think. Can't remember.
                                That's cool by me! Lorne/Cadman sounds weird... I never even knew that was a thing. Haha.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Insanity in Pegasus is a short little one I've read like 3 times now. That's all I can think up off the top of my head. If you want more, I can sift through my mess of a bookmarks folder for all the fanfics I've tabbed to read again.
                                sigpic
                                [call me loser.]

Comment

Working...
                                X