No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Hoping this Pretty Friday brings some light and color to all our lives.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Thanks for the update. It's good to have insider knowledge. I hope your sister's co-workers heal quickly.
    As do I. *sends more hugs and healing vibes*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So I'm watching Atlantis for the first time (I know I'm EXTREMELY late to the party), but I'm def shipping Weir/Sheppard. They are adorable together. I'm a few episodes into S3 so I'm hoping for some fun moments in the future.
      sigpic
      [call me loser.]

Comment

Originally posted by losernerdfriend View Post
        I'm a few episodes into S3 so I'm hoping for some fun moments in the future.
        I suggest you enjoy it while it lasts, cause after season 3 the fun is over.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So I'm watching Atlantis for the first time (I know I'm EXTREMELY late to the party), but I'm def shipping Weir/Sheppard. They are adorable together. I'm a few episodes into S3 so I'm hoping for some fun moments in the future.
          Welcome to the club. S3 definitely has some great moments and some of the best angst is in the first couple of S4.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

The bolded part reminds me of a fic I keep thinking about writing. Maybe I'll get to start it if I ever find my muse again.
            Sounds interesting, I don't think I have come across your fic. I did write sparky angst but no body commented on ff.net tho I haven't write in long time despite of my writing skills has gone rusty. I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Losernerdfriend I agree with Falcon Horus, Enjoy your sparkyness while it last.. The writers took our favorite couple in different path and it wasn't same at all in last two seasons. I miss sparky so much. Long live Sparky!

Comment

Thank you.

My sister was back at work today. They were allowed back into the offices, and it was quite emotional. Sadly, they learned that at least two members of the company were injured in the blasts. One whose eardrums burst, so he's temporarily deaf, and another who took the full force of the blastwave and suffered major internal injuries. He will make a full recovery. Others who were at the scene saw some horrific things, and most were walking around like zombies. Luckily there are pleny of psychologists available to aid with the healing process.

The entire departure hall has pretty much been destroyed and will have to be rebuild for the most part. Stripped and rebuild.
                However, they are already working towards a temporary solution to get the airport working again.
                Thats positive news to hear that your sis went back to work, but for her co workers and other people will have ptsd for sure. I hope they seek counseling and support group for comfort and reassurances. Yeah they will have lots of task to do to restore that terminal after that such tragedy. I cannot image how these people waiting to hear news on victims and how to get those innocent victims killed by bombing to be return to their home and family to be buried. I read yesterday morning that young guy from utah I believe his name Mason Wells he survived 3 bomb attacks , first one was in boston back in 2013, 2nd one was in paris france last year and now this year. Geez he must have escaped from the death, its like a taking a page out of final destination film u know what I mean?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Welcome! Glad to see you join our little corner of insanity, LOL! Definitely heed the warnings from Falcon Horus and Southern Red; things are gonna get real bumpy starting in Season 4. And yet, the angst is a feast.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Frak that, first there's the attacks in Brussels this week, and tonight a deer jumped in front of my car. I definitely did not hit it. I immediately pulled over to check whether I had and I walked back for a half a minute to check whether it was lying around by the road. But it wasn't, so it must have skipped off, just as freaked out as my sister and I were.

These things always come in threes, and it's the FACTS convention next weekend -- hopefully RDA doesn't cancel or anything.

Comment

Don't y'all worry. I know what I'm in for. I used to watch every week when it aired, but I stopped midway through S2 and never started again. But my brother kept with it and told me the "highlights". That's why it took me so long to get back into it. If nothing bad has happened yet, then everything is still good. Right?

Welcome to the club. S3 definitely has some great moments and some of the best angst is in the first couple of S4.
                      Oooo.. I'm excited to see what happens in S4. I'm halfway through S3 right now so I'm getting closer. Don't want the good times to end just yet tho. Trying to savor it. And thanks for the welcome!

Originally posted by Zangetsu-san View Post
                      Losernerdfriend I agree with Falcon Horus, Enjoy your sparkyness while it last.. The writers took our favorite couple in different path and it wasn't same at all in last two seasons. I miss sparky so much. Long live Sparky!
                      I def know I need to savor the moments right now! :/ And I remember when the ship name Sparky was first invented, but why did y'all come up with Sparky again? I completely forgot the reasoning behind it.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Welcome! Glad to see you join our little corner of insanity, LOL! Definitely heed the warnings from Falcon Horus and Southern Red; things are gonna get real bumpy starting in Season 4. And yet, the angst is a feast.
                      Thank you for the welcome! And ugh... I don't know if I'm ready for an angst-fest.

Will y'all make sure I survive? From all of y'alls responses, I'm getting pretty worried. :/
                      sigpic
                      [call me loser.]

Comment

Frak that, first there's the attacks in Brussels this week, and tonight a deer jumped in front of my car. I definitely did not hit it. I immediately pulled over to check whether I had and I walked back for a half a minute to check whether it was lying around by the road. But it wasn't, so it must have skipped off, just as freaked out as my sister and I were.

These things always come in threes, and it's the FACTS convention next weekend -- hopefully RDA doesn't cancel or anything.
                        I'm glad other countries have that "rule of threes" thing. We mostly believe people die in threes. Mr. SR scoffs at this idea and wants an explanation of how you know who the "three" are. Telling him "you just know" is not sufficient. He wants to know who counts and who doesn't. Men.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Will y'all make sure I survive? From all of y'alls responses, I'm getting pretty worried. :/
                          There's still room in my boat on the river De Nial -- heck, if I can survive the death of my favorite character, the non-existant OTP in canon (not Sparky, that's canon as far as I'm concerned) and the loss of Elizabeth, than you could surely survive the loss of fun times for Sparky.

I'm glad other countries have that "rule of threes" thing. We mostly believe people die in threes. Mr. SR scoffs at this idea and wants an explanation of how you know who the "three" are. Telling him "you just know" is not sufficient. He wants to know who counts and who doesn't. Men.
                          LOL!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

There's still room in my boat on the river De Nial -- heck, if I can survive the death of my favorite character, the non-existant OTP in canon (not Sparky, that's canon as far as I'm concerned) and the loss of Elizabeth, than you could surely survive the loss of fun times for Sparky.
                            And in a way, the angst is still fun...in a really twisted way, of course, but still fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              And in a way, the angst is still fun...in a really twisted way, of course, but still fun.
                              I freely admit, the more angst, the more fun I have cause I'm a whumper to the core.

Comment

Alrighty. I feel reassured thanks to you and Scary Kitty. I just started "Tao of Rodney" so I'm getting closer. >.< Also, I'm a fan of angst as long as it's not cheesy. Stargate is pretty good about handling important situations, so I'm interested to see how everything plays out. I will keep all y'all posted.
                                sigpic
                                [call me loser.]

Comment

Working...
                                X