No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovin' the advent entries. Doing mine later today - and I realized yesterday I missed a grand opportunity with the 8th... ...but you'll see why on the 12th.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good afternoon. I'm waiting for some package which somehow ended up in New York (I live nowhere near the east coast.) It should snow again in a few days.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

December 10 advent made by scifan
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
            Good afternoon. I'm waiting for some package which somehow ended up in New York (I live nowhere near the east coast.) It should snow again in a few days.
            Sounds like something that happened to me at work last week. I sent a package out in the mail, it made it halfway to it's destination and then somehow got rerouted back to me.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Maybe the post is just broken this month.
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe the post is just broken this month.
                It's the same all over. A couple of days ago we found that half the mail in our box was actually for our neighbor. Sometimes we play postman in the neighborhood just redelivering the mail. Meanwhile, if a car or a garbage can is in front of the mailbox, the mailman just bypasses it altogether. The neighbors on the corner can't seem to understand how this works and park their car in front of the boxes every day. Frustrating.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  It's the same all over. A couple of days ago we found that half the mail in our box was actually for our neighbor. Sometimes we play postman in the neighborhood just redelivering the mail. Meanwhile, if a car or a garbage can is in front of the mailbox, the mailman just bypasses it altogether. The neighbors on the corner can't seem to understand how this works and park their car in front of the boxes every day. Frustrating.
                  Ugh, that used to happen all the time when we lived in Huntington Beach. We were on a cul de sac, so there was very little parking to begin with. Visitors, repairmen, gardeners, and even residents were always parking in front of our mailboxes and half the time we had to keep an eye out for the mail truck so we could run after it if they passed by without stopping. *headdesk*
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*looks at tracking* The package has been in New York for most of the week. Weird...
                    sigpic

Comment

December 11 advent made by copter
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Ugh, that used to happen all the time when we lived in Huntington Beach. We were on a cul de sac, so there was very little parking to begin with. Visitors, repairmen, gardeners, and even residents were always parking in front of our mailboxes and half the time we had to keep an eye out for the mail truck so we could run after it if they passed by without stopping. *headdesk*
                        Yep. same situation here, and the guy who parks his car in front of the mailboxes every single day is an FBI agent. Seriously?

Does anyone else find that when you get a package, the mailman brings it to the house but puts the rest of the mail in the box? My brother who lives in another state said the same thing happens there. Are they trained to do that? Could there be a reason?

*looks at tracking* The package has been in New York for most of the week. Weird...
                        I have found tracking to be very unreliable. On Monday I checked on a package that was supposedly several states away but it came that very day. I don't think they always update quickly, especially this time of year.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

If it's the mailman, he'll take it back to the post office and leave a note to pick it up in the next few days. If it's a delivery service like PostNL (delivery service from The Netherlands) they'll drop it off with the neighbors (and the previous to last package was dropped off at a dentist's office two doors down from my previous apartment building).

So package delivery is always a bit iffy, a bit hit-and-miss.

Our last ordered package this week we sent to a drop-off point in a store nearby. We can go and pick it up tonight when we get home.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

There was a snafu, and I made Dec. 11 advent as a backup. The real December 11 advent is this one, made by RodneyisGodney.

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Yep. same situation here, and the guy who parks his car in front of the mailboxes every single day is an FBI agent. Seriously?
                              Ugh, guy probably has a sense of entitlement "I can park wherever I want 'cuz I'm a G-man!" Gimme a break.

Does anyone else find that when you get a package, the mailman brings it to the house but puts the rest of the mail in the box? My brother who lives in another state said the same thing happens there. Are they trained to do that? Could there be a reason?
                              In my experience, it depended on the package. If it fit in the mailbox, they'd put it in the box, but if it was too big for the box, they'd leave it on the porch.

I have found tracking to be very unreliable. On Monday I checked on a package that was supposedly several states away but it came that very day. I don't think they always update quickly, especially this time of year.
                              Yeah, I've seen it take a couple of days for tracking to get updated.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              If it's the mailman, he'll take it back to the post office and leave a note to pick it up in the next few days. If it's a delivery service like PostNL (delivery service from The Netherlands) they'll drop it off with the neighbors (and the previous to last package was dropped off at a dentist's office two doors down from my previous apartment building).

So package delivery is always a bit iffy, a bit hit-and-miss.

Our last ordered package this week we sent to a drop-off point in a store nearby. We can go and pick it up tonight when we get home.
                              Hmm, I know Amazon does offer the option to pick up packages at special locations with lockers and all. Of course, there's none around here.

Comment

My package is now in my state, should get it in a few days.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X