Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
    Somebody should make art of our ship petting sheep.

I can do that. I think.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      Somebody should make art of our ship petting sheep.
      Or bunnies!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I can do that. I think.
      I double dare you to do it!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The wonderful quote came up on my dash today.

I wish that I’d had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it’s not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it’s just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.
        I looked it up, having only vaguely remembered reading it years ago, and was directed to a page here where some of you were talking about James Bond and Moneypenny. I had to look that up, too, and I sort of freaked out when someone pointed out the desk sitting and all the similarities between them and John/Liz. And Joe supposedly choosing Torri to play Moneypenny with him?

I'm so dead. I was looking for the actors' opinions on the ship, and I couldn't find anything except Torri joking about it with fans. But now I remember this quote, and everything is beautiful. Also, do any of you know when he said this? I read that it was for Stargate magazine, but I don't know the time. I've never read it.

Anyway, I just love the ships that come from the actors adding their own, unscripted bits to their interactions with each other. That's the kind of subtle chemistry I like to see.
        rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Or bunnies!
          Or Lemmings...

I double dare you to do it!
          Of course, you do. And thus I shall...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
            The wonderful quote came up on my dash today.

I wish that I’d had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it’s not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it’s just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.
            I looked it up, having only vaguely remembered reading it years ago, and was directed to a page here where some of you were talking about James Bond and Moneypenny. I had to look that up, too, and I sort of freaked out when someone pointed out the desk sitting and all the similarities between them and John/Liz. And Joe supposedly choosing Torri to play Moneypenny with him?

I'm so dead. I was looking for the actors' opinions on the ship, and I couldn't find anything except Torri joking about it with fans. But now I remember this quote, and everything is beautiful. Also, do any of you know when he said this? I read that it was for Stargate magazine, but I don't know the time. I've never read it.

Anyway, I just love the ships that come from the actors adding their own, unscripted bits to their interactions with each other. That's the kind of subtle chemistry I like to see.
            Ohhhhh yes. That piece of deliciousness. It was indeed published in the official Stargate Magazine; I don't recall exactly what issue and I can't check as my collection is currently in storage. Hopefully someone else can chime in with a more precise date?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Or Lemmings...

Of course, you do. And thus I shall...
            Yay!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

So Torri finally got a chance to play her new Dark Matter character in at least a little bit more of a larger role in the latest episode. And yep, a ruthless corporate commander who's unknown agenda might be helpful or harmful to the crew is extreeeemely un-Weir like.

The show's gotten pretty fun to watch, for whatever it's worth. Although in this strange new Corporate ruled galaxy, warehouses appear to be the new British Colombian forest.

Then again, they had just included a forest planet too, right before this last episode.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                  So Torri finally got a chance to play her new Dark Matter character in at least a little bit more of a larger role in the latest episode. And yep, a ruthless corporate commander who's unknown agenda might be helpful or harmful to the crew is extreeeemely un-Weir like.
                  *snickers*

The show's gotten pretty fun to watch, for whatever it's worth. Although in this strange new Corporate ruled galaxy, warehouses appear to be the new British Colombian forest.

Then again, they had just included a forest planet too, right before this last episode.
                  There's just no getting away from the forests, is there?

Comment

Ohhhhh yes. That piece of deliciousness. It was indeed published in the official Stargate Magazine; I don't recall exactly what issue and I can't check as my collection is currently in storage. Hopefully someone else can chime in with a more precise date?
                    Oh, you have the magazines? That's cool. I've never seen them before, but I assume they stopped being published before I got into the fandom.

The more I learn about Joe, the more I like him.

Not that I disliked Joe or anything to begin with, but I was primarily a Torri fan when first watching SGA. Watching the pilot again recently, though, definitely solidified John as one of my favorite characters.

Ooh, I'm two episodes behind on this. Ever since I got sucked into trying out Photoshop I've completely neglected every other form of entertainment. Can't wait to see Torri!
                    rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Posting the challenge a little early today......only had one entry:
                      Challenge #85 was 6 icons/TV shows.

ohalis

***************************************************************

Challenge #86

This week we're going to do a make up/catchup/redo challenge. Thanks to the wonderful and lovely Libero, all of the past challenges are listed here. {challenge #84 was FlyAway, all things that fly and challenge #85 was 6 icons/TV shows; they are so new they have not been added yet.}

Look through the list, pick [or several] that you missed or maybe want to try again and do them! When you send in your entries, please let me know what challenge # it is.

Entries due to me by noon your time Monday August 24th.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Oh, you have the magazines? That's cool. I've never seen them before, but I assume they stopped being published before I got into the fandom.

The more I learn about Joe, the more I like him.

Not that I disliked Joe or anything to begin with, but I was primarily a Torri fan when first watching SGA. Watching the pilot again recently, though, definitely solidified John as one of my favorite characters.
                        Yeah, I think the magazine stopped round about the time that Universe was cancelled, or shortly afterward. Not much to report on.

And yeah, Joe and John are really pretty darn cool.

Comment

Neat show arts. I've only seen the 10th Kingdom though.
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Hey, I've got an idea for a gifset involving Sparky, but I'm only on the first season in my re-watch. I don't really want to look through the episodes (or the gallery) for the next few seasons because there's a lot that I don't remember and will probably be spoiled if I do.

So, I was wondering if any of you have some favorite scenes of John and Elizabeth either looking at each other or just kind of contemplating something by themselves. They would either be alone together or alone individually, and it would not be in a brightly lit setting (evening, night).

I guess the best way I can explain the set is that it's sensual, takes place at night, and goes with a really slow, smooth song. I've already made my nighttime Atlantis gifs, but I need shots of Liz and John that'll fit the mood.

Now, I would love to do this myself, but I foolishly decided to do the set now before I've caught up on the show, and I can't stand not working on it and waiting until I'm done watching it, which will be weeks from now.
                            rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Hey, I've got an idea for a gifset involving Sparky, but I'm only on the first season in my re-watch. I don't really want to look through the episodes (or the gallery) for the next few seasons because there's a lot that I don't remember and will probably be spoiled if I do.

So, I was wondering if any of you have some favorite scenes of John and Elizabeth either looking at each other or just kind of contemplating something by themselves. They would either be alone together or alone individually, and it would not be in a brightly lit setting (evening, night).

I guess the best way I can explain the set is that it's sensual, takes place at night, and goes with a really slow, smooth song. I've already made my nighttime Atlantis gifs, but I need shots of Liz and John that'll fit the mood.

Now, I would love to do this myself, but I foolishly decided to do the set now before I've caught up on the show, and I can't stand not working on it and waiting until I'm done watching it, which will be weeks from now.
                              Sparky at night beyond season 1? Just off the top of my head and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few (hmm, maybe I need to do a rewatch), there's Conversion (though John is turning into Bug Boy!), The Return Part 1 has Lizzeh looking out her window over a nighttime Atlantis, and Lifeline has the famous bit with John making his vow on the balcony at the end. Hope that helps start you off!

Comment

The balcony scene at the end of The Tower in S2 is pretty dark, and the one near the end of Progeny in S3 is definitely dark. One really good one is their final scene in The Real World. Even though it's inside, I don't think it's very bright and all the Sparky chemistry comes out.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X