Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    What an idiot. This is one of Mr. SR's biggest pet peeves. Stay home. You're not that important.

I'm sure your aunt understands. You don't want to get all the oldies sick. Their immune systems get really sensitive.
    Exactly. It's not like we are discovering a cure for cancer here, and our jobs are fortunate that we can work from home without any difficulty.

And this guy just laughs when we all start yelling for him to go home. He's a great person otherwise but this part of him annoys the crap out of me. The next time he comes in sick I'm going to move to a conference room or find an unattended desk, just so I won't have to be near him.

Yes my aunt understands. I was so relieved she didn't end up catching it from my visit this past Saturday.

ETA: Did you see how I didn't take the bait on that "oldies' comment. That took a lot of strength on my part. *hair flip*
    Last edited by JT-2; 14 May 2014, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Exactly. It's not like we are discovering a cure for cancer here, and our jobs are fortunate that we can work from home without any difficulty.

And this guy just laughs when we all start yelling for him to go home. He's a great person otherwise but this part of him annoys the crap out of me. The next time he comes in sick I'm going to move to a conference room or find an unattended desk, just so I won't have to be near him.

Yes my aunt understands. I was so relieved she didn't end up catching it from my visit this past Saturday.

ETA: Did you see how I didn't take the bait on that "oldies' comment. That took a lot of strength on my part. *hair flip*
      I completely missed it. No pun was intended. I guess I'm losing my touch. Wait…isn't that a sign of aging? I forget.

Either way, I'm a bit tender this week. I got the "at a certain age we like to do a more complete exam of the eyes" speech from my eye doc, so I have to go back for a "dilated exam." Then I went to the dentist yesterday and got the "after so many years, a crown needs to be replaced" speech and have to go back for that. Luckily, I've done all my doc visits for the year. Or at least I hope I'm done. Sigh.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

So, is it hot enough to melt your brains where you are?
        My brain already melted. Both from the heat and season finales this week.

One of my damn coworkers came into the office on Friday when he had a cold (even though it's perfectly acceptable to work from home when you're sick). Well, he gave the cold to 2 of us in the office with him. Sunday I woke up with a sore throat and then on Monday I had the whole cold. I've had to take some of my vacation time cause I've been feeling so miserable. I think I should be able to charge that time to my lousy coworker for being a jackass. This is the same guy who gave 5 of us the swine flu a few years ago.

Meanwhile, my aunt is still in the nursing home/rehab to recover from her back surgery and I haven't been able to visit her. At least I didn't make her sick when I saw her on Saturday.
        I completely missed it. No pun was intended. I guess I'm losing my touch. Wait…isn't that a sign of aging? I forget.

Either way, I'm a bit tender this week. I got the "at a certain age we like to do a more complete exam of the eyes" speech from my eye doc, so I have to go back for a "dilated exam." Then I went to the dentist yesterday and got the "after so many years, a crown needs to be replaced" speech and have to go back for that. Luckily, I've done all my doc visits for the year. Or at least I hope I'm done. Sigh.
        *huggles JT-2 and SR* Hope you're both feeling relatively normal again soon! The crud seems to be going around again down here. Hoping I don't get it. Only 13 days of work left before I'm completely done for the summer. *attempts hair flip again and it gets stuck in glasses*

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

*huggles JT-2 and SR* Hope you're both feeling relatively normal again soon! The crud seems to be going around again down here. Hoping I don't get it. Only 13 days of work left before I'm completely done for the summer. *attempts hair flip again and it gets stuck in glasses*
          Thanks, but at my age it's never normal.

I can't quite flip my hair yet, but I can sling it around and hit myself in the face.
          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

SR, JT-2, hope you're both feeling better soon! *hugs you* I've got to go in for my eye exam next week; get to do the dilation and everything. The drive home is going to be SO fun.

Getting ready to take Dad in tomorrow for the second of his foot surgeries (yep, we're all getting 'em done, it's a family thing LOL); he's also getting his bunions done like I did, as well as a hammertoe. He really did well with his first foot and can't wait to get the other one done. Me, I'm looking forward to the yummy lunch I'm packing and an afternoon watching Iron Man 3 on my iPhone while I wait.

OMG, I know, right? And next week we get the season finale for The Americans.

I can't quite flip my hair yet, but I can sling it around and hit myself in the face.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*hugs* If you're going to drive yourself home after the dilated exam, make sure you have really strong sunglasses. Otherwise you won't be able to see much.

Last year the eye doctor asked me if I was having trouble with reading yet. When I said no he told me it would be coming soon. I'm like "thank you, jackass."

Must be so nice to have summers off. *iz jealous*

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

SR, JT-2, hope you're both feeling better soon! *hugs you* I've got to go in for my eye exam next week; get to do the dilation and everything. The drive home is going to be SO fun.
              Oh definitely! I have that test done every year and it's always really interesting trying to drive home. Last year I figured I would work from home for a few more hours. I hadn't realized that the brightness of the computer screen would lead to me not being able to see anything. So anytime someone would send me a message I had to increase the font to 50 just to see it.

Getting ready to take Dad in tomorrow for the second of his foot surgeries (yep, we're all getting 'em done, it's a family thing LOL); he's also getting his bunions done like I did, as well as a hammertoe. He really did well with his first foot and can't wait to get the other one done. Me, I'm looking forward to the yummy lunch I'm packing and an afternoon watching Iron Man 3 on my iPhone while I wait.
              Wow, that's quite the family thing you've got going on there!! Do you get a group rate?

Good luck to your dad! Enjoy your afternoon of fun food and a good movie.

Comment

Last year the eye doctor asked me if I was having trouble with reading yet. When I said no he told me it would be coming soon. I'm like "thank you, jackass."
                LOL!

Reminds me of the disappointment in the voice of the person from human resources last tuesday when she announced to the group of 21 applicants that sadly only 2 people didn't pass the first round of questions. And I was like, OMGoddess really, I mean they need an assistant librarian so we were there to pass not to fail. Though the test was hard, and I was convinced I'd flunked it spectacularly. Out of the 25 questions I didn't have to guess on two - namely who wrote Twitlight, and what's a Kindle.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*hugs* If you're going to drive yourself home after the dilated exam, make sure you have really strong sunglasses. Otherwise you won't be able to see much.
                  My doc gives you a butt ugly pair of glasses to wear home. I'd almost rather be blind. And the worst part is sitting in the waiting room with the TV set on CNN for an hour waiting for the eyes to dilate. Just come and kill me now.
                  sigpic

Comment

I hate getting my eyes dialated. Because my eyes are so dark, they have to use a lot more than usual.
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      LOL!

Reminds me of the disappointment in the voice of the person from human resources last tuesday when she announced to the group of 21 applicants that sadly only 2 people didn't pass the first round of questions. And I was like, OMGoddess really, I mean they need an assistant librarian so we were there to pass not to fail. Though the test was hard, and I was convinced I'd flunked it spectacularly. Out of the 25 questions I didn't have to guess on two - namely who wrote Twitlight, and what's a Kindle.
                      So you passed it? What kind of exam asks who wrote Twilight? *shudder*

My doc gives you a butt ugly pair of glasses to wear home. I'd almost rather be blind. And the worst part is sitting in the waiting room with the TV set on CNN for an hour waiting for the eyes to dilate. Just come and kill me now.
                      Oh yeah I remember my mom wearing those... the wrap around kind, right? After her last eye surgery she really liked them (even though they were butt ugly). I guess at her age she stopped caring about the ugliness and just liked how well they blocked the light.

And I feel your pain. The last time I took my aunt to the eye doctor they had Fox News on. I asked if they could turn it off but the receptionist said only the owner could do that. I waited in the car.

Comment

Oh yeah I remember my mom wearing those... the wrap around kind, right? After her last eye surgery she really liked them (even though they were butt ugly). I guess at her age she stopped caring about the ugliness and just liked how well they blocked the light.

And I feel your pain. The last time I took my aunt to the eye doctor they had Fox News on. I asked if they could turn it off but the receptionist said only the owner could do that. I waited in the car.
                        I knew you were going there. How predictable are we? Has CNN found that plane yet? They had Fox on at the hospital, which is the only way I kept my sanity waiting for Mr. SR to get out of surgery.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Wow, that's quite the family thing you've got going on there!! Do you get a group rate?

Good luck to your dad! Enjoy your afternoon of fun food and a good movie.
                          Group rate? I wish!

Thanks for the good wishes for Dad, and I will definitely enjoy my afternoon!

LOL!

I guess she was hoping more would fail so they wouldn't have so many applicants left to look at?

What kind of exam even asks about Twitlight at all? *joins in shuddering*

I knew you were going there. How predictable are we? Has CNN found that plane yet? They had Fox on at the hospital, which is the only way I kept my sanity waiting for Mr. SR to get out of surgery.
                          Fortunately for me, there's no TV at the eye doc. There is one in the waiting room at the surgery center where we're getting our feet worked on, hence the iPhone loaded with movies.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I did, but probably won't make it through round 2 alive cause that was even harder.
                            I have two more of the same sort of applications running so not a big loss.

I guess she was hoping more would fail so they wouldn't have so many applicants left to look at?
                            Oh she was definitely hoping to have less applicants after round 1 -- but I'm sure round 2 took care of that.

I have two more the same sort of job applications running at the moment, and at least one of those two there are 52 candidates for the job (including myself).

What kind of exam even asks about Twitlight at all? *joins in shuddering*
                            I know, right.

The worse part, I'm working on a database exercise for school about a library and that too has two books of the Twitlight series in it. As I was writing the sql-code to delete a record, I almost wrote it so it would delete both Twilight books mentioned.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So SK, how's your dad doing?

I know. We are completely predictable. OMG don't get me going on the ridiculousness of CNN.

I did, but probably won't make it through round 2 alive cause that was even harder.
                              I have two more of the same sort of applications running so not a big loss.

Oh she was definitely hoping to have less applicants after round 1 -- but I'm sure round 2 took care of that.

I have two more the same sort of job applications running at the moment, and at least one of those two there are 52 candidates for the job (including myself).

I know, right.

The worse part, I'm working on a database exercise for school about a library and that too has two books of the Twitlight series in it. As I was writing the sql-code to delete a record, I almost wrote it so it would delete both Twilight books mentioned.

LOL!!! OMG, I don't know if I could have avoided that temptation. I use fictional character names for my test cases at work. Usually no one ever finds out. But recently after using a name from The Hunger Games, another programmer asked me what the name was from.

Comment

I see we have a Warehouse 13 theme this weekend. I never watched that one. *shrugs*

Comment

Working...
                                X