No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our days off are ahead of us, not behind. Not that it makes much of a difference for me personally, as I am still unemployed, but it does for my sister.

Her workweek ends tomorrow after which we have to sprint home so we are on time at our grandparents' house who celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on sunday. Mayor's coming by tomorrow to present them with a plaque to celebrate that special occasion. When the mayor was young and stupid, he pranked my grandfather once, and my grandfather never forgave him that so it's always interesting to see the guy shrink under my grandfather's stare.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Our days off are ahead of us, not behind. Not that it makes much of a difference for me personally, as I am still unemployed, but it does for my sister.

Her workweek ends tomorrow after which we have to sprint home so we are on time at our grandparents' house who celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on sunday. Mayor's coming by tomorrow to present them with a plaque to celebrate that special occasion. When the mayor was young and stupid, he pranked my grandfather once, and my grandfather never forgave him that so it's always interesting to see the guy shrink under my grandfather's stare.
      I'll bet the pictures from that staredown will be epic.

And congratulations to your grandparents, that's an awesome milestone!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yes, congratulations to them. I hope I'm lucky enough to make it that long.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hi Sparkies! We've been winding down with school the last couple of days so I've been extremely busy. Barely have had time to breathe. I have two graduations to interpret this week, but next week after Wednesday I can finally start sleeping in!!!

And working on fic and vids. I've currently gotten hooked on a couple of new ships, so the motivation is strong. Just a lack of material for some.

Comment

Congrats to your grandparents on their milestone, FH.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

A milestone which will become rare in the future, I think... ...The other set of grandparents is probably close too, but grandmother on that side is sadly unresponsive to the outside world as she's suffering from both Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.

Comment

A milestone which will become rare in the future, I think... ...The other set of grandparents is probably close too, but grandmother on that side is sadly unresponsive to the outside world as she's suffering from both Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
                Sorry to hear that. May I offer a bit of advice as one who has been there? Before those precious old people leave you, go through the family photos and make sure everybody is identified. Get any recipes you might want to make after they're gone and record any bits of family history they want to share. I have been left with a stack of family photo albums filled with pics of people I don't know and/or used to know but have forgotten, and all my attempts to reproduce Grandma's mincemeat cake have fallen short.
                sigpic

Comment

Done! I love listening to my grandparents talking about their youth, and point to people in albums I never had the pleasure to meet.

Though more recently I have been asked by other familymembers not to start talking about the war (WWII) cause then my grandfather will go on, and on, and on. And while I think that's awesome, they're not such big fans.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! (see, I got back on schedule, LOL!)

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    Hi Sparkies! We've been winding down with school the last couple of days so I've been extremely busy. Barely have had time to breathe. I have two graduations to interpret this week, but next week after Wednesday I can finally start sleeping in!!!

And working on fic and vids. I've currently gotten hooked on a couple of new ships, so the motivation is strong. Just a lack of material for some.
                    Hooray for vacay and new inspirations!

*hugs you* I'm sorry to hear that. And I second SR's recommendation to gather family history information while they're still with you.

Done! I love listening to my grandparents talking about their youth, and point to people in albums I never had the pleasure to meet.

Though more recently I have been asked by other familymembers not to start talking about the war (WWII) cause then my grandfather will go on, and on, and on. And while I think that's awesome, they're not such big fans.
                    Heh! But I'm with you; I could sit there and listen to stories all day.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My dad was in WWII and I loved his stories. He landed on Omaha Beach on D Day and hearing him tell about how they were crowded into those little boats and then had to get together on shore, assemble their artillery piece and fire before getting hit never got old. He mostly told lots of funny ones but had a few historic moments too. He was an MP late in the war and was directing traffic at a 4-way stop outside Paris during the liberation of that city. Hearing that story will make you cry and pee your pants from laughing at the same time. He'd say "Every once in awhile I'd wreck one, but I'd tell 'em to pull it off the road and keep 'em rollin'." In the middle of it all a soldier rode up on a motorcycle and told him that Patton's army was 2 miles down the road. My dad said "let 'em on through" and went back to directing traffic. He was a character to the end.
                      sigpic

Comment

Awesome.

My grandfather was a young boy but there's plenty to remember.

Had a good time tonight at the grandparents. It's also good to see the entire small family together in one place, and get up-to-date on everything. Much teasing by uncles, talking politics with one of my aunts, catch up with my cousins and the cousin's girlfriend. And the only stories we got this time were of when they got married 60 years ago, and the differences in texts on official documents. The mayor had a few good stories, and we laughed a lot.

Comment

*Hugs tightly* So sorry to hear that, FH.

WWII stories are always great to hear. Wish my one grandpa hadn't died before I was old enough to hear his stories and the other one would have talked more about his experiences before he died.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          My dad was in WWII and I loved his stories. He landed on Omaha Beach on D Day and hearing him tell about how they were crowded into those little boats and then had to get together on shore, assemble their artillery piece and fire before getting hit never got old. He mostly told lots of funny ones but had a few historic moments too. He was an MP late in the war and was directing traffic at a 4-way stop outside Paris during the liberation of that city. Hearing that story will make you cry and pee your pants from laughing at the same time. He'd say "Every once in awhile I'd wreck one, but I'd tell 'em to pull it off the road and keep 'em rollin'." In the middle of it all a soldier rode up on a motorcycle and told him that Patton's army was 2 miles down the road. My dad said "let 'em on through" and went back to directing traffic. He was a character to the end.
                          Sounds like your dad and my grandpa that died when I was young would have gotten along well, SR.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

Sounds like your dad and my grandpa that died when I was young would have gotten along well, SR.
                            Probably so. My dad was a great storyteller and got along with everybody. I like to think I inherited some of his sense of humor.
                            sigpic

Comment

My father fought in WWII. He was at Normandy on the 2nd day and was always regretful he couldn't go in on the first day. He had always wanted to go back there someday but then health issues removed that possibility.

And yes, enjoy your older relatives while you have them. I took my aunt out to a restaurant tonight that I used to go to with my mom a lot and the memory of her just brought my emotions down into a spiral.

Sorry to be sad. I'll come up with something goofy for everyone over the weekend. I have been thinking about Sparky quite a bit lately (and had a really embarrassing RPF dream that I actually cringed when I woke up because I hate that sooooo much).

Speaking of goofy though.... I've been watching The World Wars on The History Channel and I keep wondering what would have happened if Doctor Who went back in time in his Tardis and killed Hitler right at the beginning. What would that one change have done to the world? It's an interesting thing to think about. If you're me.

Comment

It could've made things worse. Think about Reinhard Heydrich. He was said to be Hitler without all the weaknesses.
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X