X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    Will do!
    Hi, sparky,

What I came up with was pretty long so I've sent you a personal message.
    sigpic

Comment

Will look at it! Thank you!
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Hello again, John.

Doctor Weir, I didn't realize you'd left. And you changed.

Yes, I thought I'd try one of the division color shirts.

Nice. Much easier to get you out of than that suit.

-----------

Oh lord. *shakes head*

Comment

Coffee, John?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                Hello again, John.

Doctor Weir, I didn't realize you'd left. And you changed.

Yes, I thought I'd try one of the division color shirts.

Nice. Much easier to get you out of than that suit.

-----------

Oh lord. *shakes head*

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                  I was watching The Rising (started out as merely taking caps to make some gifs and ended up watching the entire thing ) and trying to choose my favorite shippy scene of the episode. And I'm still undecided between their discussion about the rescue mission in the balcony or the last scene with the toast and them standing there together.

I'm more inclined to choose their argument about the rescue mission because during those moments where they were at odds you could feel the heat coming off in waves. Okay, it's just really hot seeing them fight.
                  Rising has many Sparky moments, in spite of it only being the first/second episode(s). Besides the ones Luz mentioned, I also like the moment when Elizabeth realizes that John is a natural with ancient technology (still in Antarctica, when John is seated in the Chair).

I like the moment that Rodney brings her to see the Jumper and then John has the jumper cloaked and then when he de-cloaks it, he says to her “that’s why you brought me for” (or something similar ) Oh well, among others!

But from the two Luz mentioned, I think my favourite is when they are at the balcony talking about the possible rescue mission. We can see the first heated sparks flying/igniting then!!!!

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
                  You know what, part of me thinks they were. Maybe I am being paranoid (hindsight and all that) but if they never planned for the two of them to be together then why do it? To annoy us! I mostly just get very sad now but at first it was anger.
                  If you are being paranoid, then I am being paranoid as well. I still think that yeah, they did it to annoy us.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Nice! Although it would be nicer if he was bringing her coffee. In bed.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                    Rising has many Sparky moments, in spite of it only being the first/second episode(s). Besides the ones Luz mentioned, I also like the moment when Elizabeth realizes that John is a natural with ancient technology (still in Antarctica, when John is seated in the Chair).

I like the moment that Rodney brings her to see the Jumper and then John has the jumper cloaked and then when he de-cloaks it, he says to her “that’s why you brought me for” (or something similar ) Oh well, among others!

But from the two Luz mentioned, I think my favourite is when they are at the balcony talking about the possible rescue mission. We can see the first heated sparks flying/igniting then!!!!

If you are being paranoid, then I am being paranoid as well. I still think that yeah, they did it to annoy us.
                    Well, no matter how I phrase this, it's still going to ruffle a few feathers. So I will only say this: although I am and always will be a Sparky fan, TPTW have always maintained that they never wanted Sparky to be the ship, if the show had one. And considering that they tried to ship Elizabeth with Mike in "Sunday" and Ronon insinuated that he thought John might've had a thing for Teyla, I'm inclined to say that TPTW were not attempting to put Sparky ship in at the end of the season.

It was always the unrealized chemistry that JoeF and Torri put into their characters that produced Sparky, not anything intentional on the part of TPTW.

Comment

Originally posted by shipperwriter View Post
                      nice! Although it would be nicer if he was bringing her coffee. In bed.

Well, no matter how i phrase this, it's still going to ruffle a few feathers. So i will only say this: Although i am and always will be a sparky fan, tptw have always maintained that they never wanted sparky to be the ship, if the show had one. And considering that they tried to ship elizabeth with mike in "sunday" and ronon insinuated that he thought john might've had a thing for teyla, i'm inclined to say that tptw were not attempting to put sparky ship in at the end of the season.

It was always the unrealized chemistry that joef and torri put into their characters that produced sparky, not anything intentional on the part of tptw. :d
                      ^^^ this

Comment

Nice! Although it would be nicer if he was bringing her coffee. In bed.

Well, no matter how I phrase this, it's still going to ruffle a few feathers. So I will only say this: although I am and always will be a Sparky fan, TPTW have always maintained that they never wanted Sparky to be the ship, if the show had one. And considering that they tried to ship Elizabeth with Mike in "Sunday" and Ronon insinuated that he thought John might've had a thing for Teyla, I'm inclined to say that TPTW were not attempting to put Sparky ship in at the end of the season.

It was always the unrealized chemistry that JoeF and Torri put into their characters that produced Sparky, not anything intentional on the part of TPTW.
                        Couldn't have put it better myself!
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

This reminds me of something I read on Tumblr the other day. Someone had written that the reason they never shipped Sparky was because they never like canon pairings or something like that. And that it was like Sam and Jack all over again. I don't think that they knew that it was Joe and Torri's chemistry that made it seem like they were the intended pairing. When in fact the writers were pretty adamant that they were not going in that direction at all. Joe and Torri are the one's who created Sparky.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by (x)

Comment

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
                            This reminds me of something I read on Tumblr the other day. Someone had written that the reason they never shipped Sparky was because they never like canon pairings or something like that. And that it was like Sam and Jack all over again. I don't think that they knew that it was Joe and Torri's chemistry that made it seem like they were the intended pairing. When it fact the writers were pretty adamant that they were not going in that direction at all. I guess you could say that Joe and Torri are the one's who created Sparky.
                            I saw that same thing and had shared it with some people in PM. Whenever the world outside of Sparky land just assumes that Sparky was the "intended" ship it makes me laugh so hard. They clearly don't know anything about TPTW. But it certainly goes to show what ships were obvious despite not being written, and which ones weren't obvious despite certain producers thinking they were.

Comment

Good thing I never really cared about whatever their intentions were, lol.

You know what my feeling on the subject are. If they intended Sheppard/Teyla to be the pairing then what stopped them? They had five years, and besides some meek attempts at creating ust, they didn't even try. So, they either weren't even trying or they sucked at it.

In the end neither pairing was made canon. But Teyla had her family with Kanaan, while Sheppard remained canonically single, sooo... and I choose to believe it's because no one could fill the void left by Elizabeth's absence. And tptb might have wanted whatever they might have wanted but it never happened.

ETA: And I should add that even if it had happened, I would have gladly disregarded it and kept shipping the superior pairing.
                              Last edited by Luz; 20 July 2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                                In the end neither pairing was made canon. But Teyla had her family with Kanaan, while Sheppard remained canonically single, sooo... and I choose to believe it's because no one could fill the void left by Elizabeth's absence. And tptb might have wanted whatever they might have wanted but it never happened.

ETA: And I should add that even if it had happened, I would have gladly disregarded it and kept shipping the superior pairing.
                                That has long been my head-canon as well. No one else ever had that same chemistry like Elizabeth and John did. Which is probably the reason why Sparky is so enduring. I mean, it's been four and a half years since the show went off the air (and even longer since Elizabeth was no longer a main character), and look at the thread. Look at the fandom on Tumblr. Look at the amount of fanfic that has been produced in the name of Sparky.

Yeah. We're nuts. Uh-huh. Okay. *sips another margarita and *

Anyhow. In other news, my Internet is out for a few days and I won't be able to make it for the postathon tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X