Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Well, they may not understand purses, but I think guys have their collections. Like a number of guys have a multitude of baseball caps. When a cap is a cap is a cap. And yet they have one for the lawn, one for shopping, one for the pool, etc.

Or tools. My father is always buying tools. And yet he builds nothing... :\
    My brother does that with lawn equipment, which always seems to be broken in some way, so his lawn is unmowed. And with Mr. SR, it's computer equipment. Most of which cost more than my Kate Spade purse, so he better not say a word.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    *Googles Kate Spade handbags*

*sees price*

No, 60% does not help.

But I've been known to buy technology things I really don't need, so I can't talk.
    Are you sure you're not really male? I have this same argument with my BFF all the time. She always seems to need new clothes, whereas mine last forever. So, I can see both sides. She gets to shop more than I do, but we probably spend about the same in total. She even thinks the outlet stores are too expensive.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      My brother does that with lawn equipment, which always seems to be broken in some way, so his lawn is unmowed. And with Mr. SR, it's computer equipment. Most of which cost more than my Kate Spade purse, so he better not say a word.

Are you sure you're not really male? I have this same argument with my BFF all the time. She always seems to need new clothes, whereas mine last forever. So, I can see both sides. She gets to shop more than I do, but we probably spend about the same in total. She even thinks the outlet stores are too expensive.
      Hmmmm.... yup, pretty darn sure. But I know that I'm weird in that I don't like shopping. I don't really do makeup. Funny story - I won this bath and body lotions/makeup set at work today. A female friend of mine who also doesn't do makeup and I were looking through the whole thing and there were some Avon items that we had no idea what they were. We stopped another woman who does wear makeup and had her explain the items to us. Of course we felt stupid that we didn't realize eyeshadow primer is to prime for eyeshadow.

This is completely off topic. Crap. Hmm, where do you think Lizzie got her eyeliner during the first year in Pegasus? Did John go out and trade some medical supplies for her makeup?

Comment

sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Hmmmm.... yup, pretty darn sure. But I know that I'm weird in that I don't like shopping. I don't really do makeup. Funny story - I won this bath and body lotions/makeup set at work today. A female friend of mine who also doesn't do makeup and I were looking through the whole thing and there were some Avon items that we had no idea what they were. We stopped another woman who does wear makeup and had her explain the items to us. Of course we felt stupid that we didn't realize eyeshadow primer is to prime for eyeshadow.

This is completely off topic. Crap. Hmm, where do you think Lizzie got her eyeliner during the first year in Pegasus? Did John go out and trade some medical supplies for her makeup?
          Good grief. I weep for you. And there is primer for your whole face to wear under makeup. Wow, you have so much to learn young Jedi. See now me, I'm a nerd and a girly girl. You don't run across many of those.

Teyla had some pretty shiny eye shadow too. I wonder if she traded for it on a planet called L'Oreal? Was that just a crack fic bunny? Back off rabbit, I don't have time.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
            Lizabeeeeeth, SR and JT are talking about shopping and makeup. Make them stop.
            You think my eyes look this well defined on their own, John?
            Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
              I rarely listen to commentaries, not because I don't want to, but there's just not enough time in the world If the writers/producers feels the need to explain so much in commentaries on dvd's released years after the episodes were aired, then the writing probably wasn't good enough
              I couldn't have said it better myself.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good grief. I weep for you. And there is primer for your whole face to wear under makeup. Wow, you have so much to learn young Jedi. See now me, I'm a nerd and a girly girl. You don't run across many of those.

Teyla had some pretty shiny eye shadow too. I wonder if she traded for it on a planet called L'Oreal? Was that just a crack fic bunny? Back off rabbit, I don't have time.
                Crack!fic bunnies. Oh Lord.

I have to admit, though, that I'm in the same boat as JT. I normally do not wear makeup. Not only do I not really need it, but I'm not a girly girl. Seriously. The amount of makeup I got painted on for my sister's wedding last year added five pounds. I didn't recognize myself.

Lizabeeeeeth, SR and JT are talking about shopping and makeup. Make them stop.
                You think my eyes look this well defined on their own, John?
                Huh?
                Awesome!

Elizabeth, I have just returned from L'Oreal. The Cover Girl wishes you well.

Oh nice. How is Maybelline?

She is in good health. The Revlon has finally gone away.

oh my god i'm so ashamed of myself i need help

Comment

What everyone keeps saying about people mistreating Zelenka makes me sad, he's such a sweetie pie and I can't imagine what anybody could have against him.

I just finished reading the end of PM and my head is about to explode. Yes, we can stick to canon and still make our readers happy. We rock!
                  Okay, I left a comment at the site but allow me to expand on it here.
                  Spoiler:
                  I love how you've taken the time to develop the relationships amongst the characters. Specially Elizabeth and Teyla's friendship. I always felt tptb wasted a great opportunity to build on their relationship and bond over their commonalities. It's a pity they were too set on their idea of the hot alien vixen to try and explore the potential Teyla had as a character.

Also, thank you for showing people that having shipping leanings doesn't mean you have to sideline every other character and murder all semblance of canon compliance just for wish fulfilment.

Comment

okay i'm confused, i thought teyla already gave elizabeth her pot back, yet in this recent chapter (Chapter III). teyla gives it to her again. what's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      Crack!fic bunnies. Oh Lord.

I have to admit, though, that I'm in the same boat as JT. I normally do not wear makeup. Not only do I not really need it, but I'm not a girly girl. Seriously. The amount of makeup I got painted on for my sister's wedding last year added five pounds. I didn't recognize myself.

Awesome!

Elizabeth, I have just returned from L'Oreal. The Cover Girl wishes you well.

Oh nice. How is Maybelline?

She is in good health. The Revlon has finally gone away.

oh my god i'm so ashamed of myself i need help
                      Don't you watch "What Not to Wear"? Everybody needs some make up. If it feels like too much, then it definitely hasn't been applied correctly. It's to enhance, not replace.

And LOL at the makeup references.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        okay i'm confused, i thought teyla already gave elizabeth her pot back, yet in this recent chapter (Chapter III). teyla gives it to her again. what's up with that?
                        In PM Part I
                        Spoiler:
                        when they thought Franibeth was Elizabeth, Teyla offered her the pot and she told Teyla to keep it for her until she had a desk to put it on. In PM Part II, Teyla returned the pot again to the real Elizabeth.
                        sigpic

Comment

Don't you watch "What Not to Wear"? Everybody needs some make up. If it feels like too much, then it definitely hasn't been applied correctly. It's to enhance, not replace.

And LOL at the makeup references.
                          I know, I know. You sound like my mother. It's not that I completely abhor the idea of makeup -- I just don't consider it a priority. I mean, if I'm going to some fancy shindig, I'll use what I have, but sparingly. Just enough so you know it's there. But when I say I was wearing makeup for my sister's wedding, I meant the makeup artists at MAC got ahold of me and dug their claws in. I felt ready for the Golden Globes after that experience.

Anyhoo. I started re-reading some of my old stories last night. The fic bunnies are wanting to come back, but they're enjoying their vacation way too much.
                          Last edited by ShipperWriter; 19 June 2013, 04:10 AM. Reason: SR beat me to it!

Comment

I have never worn makeup on a regular basis. Occasionally, for a special event (like a wedding maybe) I will put on a bit. Trust me, if you don't wear makeup ever, ANY feels like something on your face. And no, it's not incorrectly applied - even professionally applied - I can feel it. Mascara is my bane. Makes my eyes itch. Every brand. Most foundations have sunscreen. I'm allergic to sunscreens. So, a touch of blush once in awhile and maybe a bit of lip stain. On the upside, I have really great skin.
                            sigpic

Comment

My nephew would call people like us 'special'. A few weeks ago on Mother's Day weekend we were out shopping for his Mom and Nana, and as we stood around waiting for checkout the conversation went:

Nephew: you know what? You're special.
                              Eri: Special? How am I special?
                              Nephew: Because. You like zombies, but you also like princesses. You like to play video games but you know about jewelry. And you can talk about Resident Evil movies but you like to wear make-up. You're just, I don't know. Special.

Best compliment of my life EVER.

On Elizabeth's make-up: How much did she wear first season versus the second? I thought it was pretty darn obvious that the Daedalus brought along the whole make-up counter for Season 2, cuz Liz went way heavy on the eye makeup then. Teyla had highlights, too.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              That, my friend, is what we-who-are-trying-to-remember-what-we-learned-as-English-majors would refer to as mirroring. Inserted purposefully to make you compare the two 'Elizabeth's' and which one feels more real.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              I have never worn makeup on a regular basis. Occasionally, for a special event (like a wedding maybe) I will put on a bit. Trust me, if you don't wear makeup ever, ANY feels like something on your face. And no, it's not incorrectly applied - even professionally applied - I can feel it. Mascara is my bane. Makes my eyes itch. Every brand. Most foundations have sunscreen. I'm allergic to sunscreens. So, a touch of blush once in awhile and maybe a bit of lip stain. On the upside, I have really great skin.
                              Lucky you. I enjoy makeup, but my technique is to appear as though I'm not wearing makup. I do not have great skin, though, so most of the time it's a must.
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I have to quickly break in here just to screw with SR.

I don't even blow dry my hair. I just brush it and let it air dry.

*waits for her brain to explode*

Comment

Working...
                                X