Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    He's with the two McKay's, you can see him runing with them and you can also see three people moving past Teyla and Ronon as they run to catch up with the others.
    Will have to check that part again. Thank you.
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

And thus ends another crackalicious and heartbreaking post-a-thon! Thanks to everyone who joined us today and be sure to come back next week for the second half of this two-parter and THE BEST SURPRISE CAMEO EVER on Be All My Sins Remember'd! Same Sparky time, same Sparky channel!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Well, that was emotional. I need a drink. See ya'll later.
        I think I'm gonna need several drinks.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          And another blow to Elizabeth fans - she doesn't get a funeral or an announcement or anything.
          She so derived to have at least something, and everyone should have had the moment to grieve, I mean this was their leader we’re talking about, and not just any leader but a leader who they all knew personally and who they knew would always have their back no matter what, I think that would have been the least thing she deserved.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
            She so derived to have at least something, and everyone should have had the moment to grieve, I mean this was their leader we’re talking about, and not just any leader but a leader who they all knew personally and who they knew would always have their back no matter what, I think that would have been the least thing she deserved.
            The way tptb handled this whole deal was a disservice to the characters. That they would give so easily, after the things we've seen Sheppard do to rescue his people, and we're supposed to believe he'd just stop looking because some replicator told him she's dead? Even from the start it's inconceivable. They've made it unscathed from some impossible situations but they just abandoned Elizabeth and didn't bother to organize a rescue operation? Remember that discussion about not leaving people behind no matter what that Sheppard and Weir had back in The Rising? Are they trying to tell us this Sheppard wouldn't have even tried?

Not to mention, this is sci-fi, nothing is impossible. And this storyline doesn't make any sense because it wasn't driven by logic, it was driven by bts pettiness and drama, with zero consideration for consistency, logic, the characters or the fans.

And I'll just shut up now because I'm still very bitter angry and bruised over this.
            Last edited by Luz; 26 May 2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
              The way tptb handled this whole deal was a disservice to the characters. That they would give so easily, after the things we've seen Sheppard do to rescue his people, and we're supposed to believe he'd just stop looking because some replicator told him she's dead? Even from the start it's inconceivable. They've made it unscathed from some impossible situations but they just abandoned Elizabeth and didn't bother to organize a rescue operation? Remember that discussion about not leaving people behind no matter what that Sheppard and Weir had back in The Rising? Are they trying to tell us this Sheppard wouldn't have even tried?

Not to mention, this is sci-fi, nothing is impossible. And this storyline doesn't make any sense because it wasn't driven by logic, it was driven by bts pettiness and drama, with zero consideration for consistency, logic, the characters or the fans.

And I'll just shut up now because I'm still very bitter angry and bruised over this.
              I agree with this 100%. It didn't make sense given the prior canon characters. But then, everything Joe Mallozzi was in charge of and wrote didn't make much sense, particularly after Cooper and Wright left him free reign.

Comment

I agree with this 100%. It didn't make sense given the prior canon characters. But then, everything Joe Mallozzi was in charge of and wrote didn't make much sense, particularly after Cooper and Wright left him free reign.
                True, it was like S4-5 started all over and none of the old canon was left. Plus, especially in S5, the stories just got more and more juvenile. Trio, Brainstorm...OMG. If not for Vegas, there would have been no hope. And I guess there wasn't any bright spot for the Elizabeth fans.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

True, it was like S4-5 started all over and none of the old canon was left. Plus, especially in S5, the stories just got more and more juvenile. Trio, Brainstorm...OMG. If not for Vegas, there would have been no hope. And I guess there wasn't any bright spot for the Elizabeth fans.
                  That's for sure. Season 5...... OMG so much garbage after garbage. People claiming they should have cut Vegas to make Enemy at the Gate a 2 parter always make me roll my eyes. There were SO many episodes in 5 that could have been cut. But of course, that would have cut some of their Keller and McKeller love and we couldn't have that.

Comment

Hey SR - did I use the right reign/rein? I'm doubting myself now.

Comment

reign - period of rule for a monarch
                      rein - strap to guide a horse
                      sigpic

Comment

I was catching up (altho I did skip the post-a-thon snark)...and I'm one of those Torri/Elizabeth fans who still hasn't worked up the gumption to watch past Lifeline. I have the whole set of DVDs, treated myself last summer when Amazon had them for a super amazing price, but just haven't been able to bring myself to watch. I dunno if I can do SGA w/out Torri. I'll have to start a rewatch and work my way up...and maybe just watch the last two seasons real quick-like....

The one thing I *don't* worry about is feeling/seeing the sparkyness....I know that'll still be there, me being a hopeless romantic and all
                        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey SR - did I use the right reign/rein? I'm doubting myself now.
                          You used it wrong, but I completely missed it, so what does that say about me? Don't worry though, it's a common error and grammarians even argue about it. You give a horse "free rein" to run, so that's the most common and accepted use. But you might argue that a ruler is given "free reign" to run the country. I could make a sentence about the current administration in the US to illustrate, but let's not get political and spoil everyone's day.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                          I was catching up (altho I did skip the post-a-thon snark)...and I'm one of those Torri/Elizabeth fans who still hasn't worked up the gumption to watch past Lifeline. I have the whole set of DVDs, treated myself last summer when Amazon had them for a super amazing price, but just haven't been able to bring myself to watch. I dunno if I can do SGA w/out Torri. I'll have to start a rewatch and work my way up...and maybe just watch the last two seasons real quick-like....

The one thing I *don't* worry about is feeling/seeing the sparkyness....I know that'll still be there, me being a hopeless romantic and all
                          I would advise taking the opposite attitude. Watching the ones with Torri will only make the lack of her piss you off more. Watch the ones without her knowing you won't see her with the idea of enjoying or not enjoying them on their own merit. For example, I would hate for anyone not to experience the glory that is Vegas because she's not in it. The Teyla/Ronon fans couldn't seem to get past their absence to the point of hating it. The same could be said of GitM, which I argue is even more Sparky because it isn't her. The fact that John is so affected by the mere idea that this replicator is maybe her or not her and is screwing with them points to his so very deep involvement emotionally with the real her. If that makes sense.
                          sigpic

Comment

You used it wrong, but I completely missed it, so what does that say about me? Don't worry though, it's a common error and grammarians even argue about it. You give a horse "free rein" to run, so that's the most common and accepted use. But you might argue that a ruler is given "free reign" to run the country. I could make a sentence about the current administration in the US to illustrate, but let's not get political and spoil everyone's day.

I would advise taking the opposite attitude. Watching the ones with Torri will only make the lack of her piss you off more. Watch the ones without her knowing you won't see her with the idea of enjoying or not enjoying them on their own merit. For example, I would hate for anyone not to experience the glory that is Vegas because she's not in it. The Teyla/Ronon fans couldn't seem to get past their absence to the point of hating it. The same could be said of GitM, which I argue is even more Sparky because it isn't her. The fact that John is so affected by the mere idea that this replicator is maybe her or not her and is screwing with them points to his so very deep involvement emotionally with the real her. If that makes sense.
                            hmmmm....good point. it might be better to power through s4 and 5 and then go back and do a full rewatch. just to get through them. and I actually HAVE watched a few eps...like Vegas...here and there.
                            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                            sigpic

Comment

Happy Memorial Day to all the U.S. Sparkies!!! it's the unoffical beginning to summer here in the U.S.

sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                                Happy Memorial Day to all the U.S. Sparkies!!! it's the unoffical beginning to summer here in the U.S.

Same from me to everyone. We still have the heat on. So much for summer, but it's warming into the 90s later in the week. From one extreme to another, I guess. *back to editing PM*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X