No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn’t they originally had a different name for Elizabeth’s character or do I remember wrong, I know Teyla was originally going to called something else but I recall reading that Elizabeth was too. Oh well, I’m still glad that they went with ‘Elizabeth’ anyway, it suits her.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n635/mathgirl1248/Stargate%20Atlantis/pegasus2.png
      Vala is having a lot of fun though... I love Vala so much.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      With any luck your bad dream will be replaced with sweat dreams of Kate tonight.
      Check!

Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
      My dad and sister are huge HALO fans as well. I never know what's going on. I'm all "wait, look out, shoot him!" and they're all "that's our guy!" then I'm like "look, there's a Spartan over there!" and my sister's like "I know. So?!" and I'm all "so get in it!!" and she's all "what?!?!" and I'm all "the Spartan! The car! The vehicle! Get in the Spartan!" and my dad's all ::facepalm::

Originally posted by Brie View Post
      Didn’t they originally had a different name for Elizabeth’s character or do I remember wrong, I know Teyla was originally going to called something else but I recall reading that Elizabeth was too. Oh well, I’m still glad that they went with ‘Elizabeth’ anyway, it suits her.
      I don't know about Elizabeth, but I do recall Kate Heightmeyer was originally going to be named Jane Heightmeyer, but apparently that was an actual person somewhere or a character that already existed somewhere else.... not sure. I'm glad they chose Kate though... I seem to have a fond liking to women who's name starts with K or a K-sound... ... Kate Beckinsale, Kate Winslet, Kate Heightmeyer, Claire Rankin, Kate Beckett... to name but a few...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I believe the original name was Teresa. My headcanon has more or less adopted it as Elizabeth's middle name. Elizabeth Teresa Weir has a nice ring to it.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I don't know about Elizabeth, but I do recall Kate Heightmeyer was originally going to be named Jane Heightmeyer, but apparently that was an actual person somewhere or a character that already existed somewhere else.... not sure. I'm glad they chose Kate though... I seem to have a fond liking to women who's name starts with K or a K-sound... ... Kate Beckinsale, Kate Winslet, Kate Heightmeyer, Claire Rankin, Kate Beckett... to name but a few...
        Heh, that's awesome!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          I believe the original name was Teresa. My headcanon has more or less adopted it as Elizabeth's middle name. Elizabeth Teresa Weir has a nice ring to it.
          E. T. Weir - yeah, that must have been a hoot at some point in her life. And then she goes off through the gate to Atlantis...

Comment

E. T. Weir - yeah, that must have been a hoot at some point in her life. And then she goes off through the gate to Atlantis...
            OMG I did not even think of that! That's hilarious! *dies laughing*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh Dear Lord....
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I didn’t know that but I think I prefer Kate as well, though I must say that when I first started to watch SGA and looked at all the first names that it was a bit confusing at first to have a Kate and Katie but once you got more into the show the confusion cleared especially once you saw more of them.

That names does ring a bell *lol* and I like the idea of Elizabeth Teresa Weir.

That’s hilarious and I bet that it didn’t help that she used to dream of being an astronaut when she was a kid (which BTW, would have been fun to have mentioned at some other point)
                sigpic

Comment

I am not sure if i am allowed to talk about this here on this thread but here it goes:

Spoiler:
                  Did anyone watch CSI Miami season 2 episode 14, an episode in which Joe acts in it? Well do you know that the bald detective (I think his name is Frank) called him Sparky!!!!????
                  sigpic
                  sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                      I know someone in RL that has the name Elizabeth. That person happen to be me!
                      Really?! Wow!! That's cool!

I know. They are really adorable in it!
                      Yes, they are, so please hurry up with the next update, ok?

Promoted to Major!!!!
                      Congratulations!

Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
                      Anywaaaaayyyyy, since we're on the topic of Elizabeth's name, I always sort of thought that if anyone tried calling her 'Liz' or 'Lizzie' or something, she wouldn't like it and *eyebrow* them. Because, even Simon, who I think was her fiancé, only called her Elizabeth. So maybe she just likes her full name. it would've been fun to see what'd happen if John called her Liz though
                      I love that expression "eyebrow them". LOL! But Simon wasn't a real fiancé. I would love to have seen her reaction to John calling her Liz.

*snickers* She'd probably eyebrow John, too.
                      She probably would, LOL!

Oh! Did they? I didn't know that. Elizabeth is just perfect!!!

Vala is having a lot of fun though... I love Vala so much.
                      I also liked Vala quite a lot! She was really crazy and funny, LOL!

Teresa?! Wow, i can't picture her being called Teresa.

ET Weir, LOL! So funny!
                      sigpic
                      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Hi Pearl. Yes that is my name in RL. Yes it was one of the reasons I was drawn to the show. As for the update on TWGO, it's going to be a little bit.
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

It was the first thing I thought off...

I didn’t know that but I think I prefer Kate as well, though I must say that when I first started to watch SGA and looked at all the first names that it was a bit confusing at first to have a Kate and Katie but once you got more into the show the confusion cleared especially once you saw more of them.
                          Kate and Katie are luckily two very different and distinct characters, and I love them both very much. Of course, I like Kate more than Katie but Katie was sooooooo cute. Rodney and Katie together was pure fluff.

That’s hilarious and I bet that it didn’t help that she used to dream of being an astronaut when she was a kid (which BTW, would have been fun to have mentioned at some other point)
                          OMGoddess, John would have a fieldday with that.

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                          : Kate and Teyla were doing what in our... the closet?
                          : Really now? Please, do tell us more...
                          [cue Rodney's speed-talking]

See, how clever John is diverting the attention away from Elizabeth's slip-up.

Comment

Thanks. I'm happy that I've finally cracked 2000 posts. Do I get anything special with hitting 2000?
                            You're welcome.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post

But Simon wasn't a real fiancé
                              Wasn't he? hmm, I thought he was. Just a boyfriend, then?
                              Daniel: You know referring to yourself in the third person is a sign of mental instability right?
                              McKay: Yeah, mentally unstable like a FOX!

O'neill: Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?!

Elizabeth: I'm not going anywhere
                              John: good, wouldn't be the same without you

Carson: You have a date Rodney? With a woman?

Comment

Yes, Teyla was going to be called Mikala, and the chief of science wasn't originally Dr. McKay, but Dr. Ingram. Also, they originally had a different actor in mind for John, but I think he was unavailable so they went with Joe. Funny how things work out, huh?

Oh, and as a side note, I'm not sure if this was ever canon, but it seemed pretty commonly accepted in the fic community that Sam's full name was Samantha Grace Carter. (think initials)
                                Daniel: You know referring to yourself in the third person is a sign of mental instability right?
                                McKay: Yeah, mentally unstable like a FOX!

O'neill: Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?!

Elizabeth: I'm not going anywhere
                                John: good, wouldn't be the same without you

Carson: You have a date Rodney? With a woman?

Comment

Working...
                                X