Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
    Weee! One last thing before I head to bed! So remember when I said I'd written some lame fics, and that I'd post some eventually? Here's the latest one I'm attempting, it's just some really really short random subtle fluffy thing set sometime in early season 3. It's not finished, but I'm not quite sure where I was going with it, so tell me if I should finish or not
    It's really not very good at all, not as some of you talented story-crafters, but it probably won't have any permanent damage on your eyes. Like it? Hate it? Let me know!

    Spoiler:
    Elizabeth sighed, "Remind me why I'm here again, Colonel?"
    "Because," John replied, "we've gotta figure out why power's not getting to this section of the city."
    "And the reason somebody else couldn't go with you?"
    "Because, McKay's in the infirmary trying to convince Carson he'll die from some papercut, and Teyla and Ronon are trading offworld. So." She let the subject drop, and he was glad. Technically, he could've asked one of the many other personnel in Atlantis to accompany him, but it was his personal goal to get Elizabeth out of her office for at least one hour each day. He'd take what he could get, even if they were both miserable.

    Now, Elizabeth and John were trekking down a long corridor in the lower levels of the city's far east section, the only light available coming from their flashlights, looking for who-knows-what that was causing the problem. On the bright side, maybe they'd only have to find a switch to flip.
    On the dark side, that probably wasn't it.
    Knowing their luck, the lack of power was probably due to some obscure device that McKay would go nuts over. Or some well-intentioned invention that would end up risking everyone's life. Maybe they'd find another body in stasis. Elizabeth from the future this time.

    "Knock-knock," John smirked. Elizabeth raised The Eyebrow. "Never-mind."
    A few moments passed by before he tried again, "I spy?"
    Elizabeth blinked in the darkness, "That was a joke, right?" she asked, shining her flashlight on his face briefly.
    He shrugged, "Alright....if you were stuck on a deserted island, what one item would you bring with you?
    She chuckled (another personal accomplishment for him today). "um...a book?"
    "...Okay. Better than Ronon's answer. 'A boat'....Which book?"
    "Hmm," she pursed her lips for a moment, "'Pride and Prejudice'."
    "Ah. Jane Austen. Not bad."
    She raised both Eyebrows this time. "You've read it?"
    "Hey. Don't sound so surprised."
    "Sorry...Just didn't think you'd be an Austen fan."
    "Well...I've got....layers," that smirk again. "Like an ogre."
    Elizabeth frowned. "What?"
    "Shrek."
    "Oh...right. I never saw that movie."
    John frowned and shined his light in her eyes, "EVERYBODY saw that movie!"
    "sorry," she squinted at the glare and pushed his arm away,"I was a little busy with international treaties at the time."
    ..."I guess that's understandable....Hold on, you've seen Toy Story, right?"
    "Yes, I'm not crazy, Colonel."
    "Just checking."


    (I learned spoiler tags too!)
    'Night!
    This was really, really good!!!


    Originally posted by Brie View Post
    Very true, he wasn’t exactly known for his tact however I just thought that after spending over two years with someone they deserved that he at least tried to talk to her, he didn’t even say that he was sorry.
    Exactly.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Brie View Post
      Very true, he wasn’t exactly known for his tact however I just thought that after spending over two years with someone they deserved that he at least tried to talk to her, he didn’t even say that he was sorry.
      It's true that Katie deserved better from him after all that time, but I won't lie and say I didn't expect Rodney to be at least a little tactless about it...

      Comment


        i gotta give Rodney props for getting up the nerve to propose to Katie. i mean granted their relationship was a little rocky at time and if the quaratine never happened, he may have actually proposed to her.

        Comment


          Awww, thank you all so much for your kind words! :: positive self esteem:: I think maybe I will continue! It's awesome to have a place where painfully shy people like me can get encouragement and support on their work!
          *gives you all a hug the size of McKay's ego*
          Daniel: You know referring to yourself in the third person is a sign of mental instability right?
          McKay: Yeah, mentally unstable like a FOX!


          O'neill: Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?!

          Elizabeth: I'm not going anywhere
          John: good, wouldn't be the same without you


          Carson: You have a date Rodney? With a woman?

          Comment


            Hello everyone!
            I am now reading Stargate Ren and i have to admit that it is awesome! I am loving it very, very much! And i think that for the first time
            Spoiler:
            i felt sorry for poor Simon, LOL! But where are John and Rodney? Haven't seen them yet. Anyway on my way to read "The Birthday Ball" part two.
            sigpic
            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

            Comment


              Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
              Hello everyone!
              I am now reading Stargate Ren and i have to admit that it is awesome! I am loving it very, very much! And i think that for the first time
              Spoiler:
              i felt sorry for poor Simon, LOL! But where are John and Rodney? Haven't seen them yet. Anyway on my way to read "The Birthday Ball" part two.
              Spoiler:
              You're probably reading them in chronological order, right? "The Birthday Ball" is a prequel of sorts. "Ascension of the Queen" is the original story, the first written. That one has John it in. I think Rodney's in that one too, although gotta be honest and say that Rodney isn't a major character in this series.

              I would keep going through Ascension. That one's the story that will tell you if you'll enjoy the series or not.

              Comment


                Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
                It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Samantha Grace.
                Yeah, it really does.

                Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
                Weee! One last thing before I head to bed! So remember when I said I'd written some lame fics, and that I'd post some eventually? Here's the latest one I'm attempting, it's just some really really short random subtle fluffy thing set sometime in early season 3. It's not finished, but I'm not quite sure where I was going with it, so tell me if I should finish or not
                It's really not very good at all, not as some of you talented story-crafters, but it probably won't have any permanent damage on your eyes. Like it? Hate it? Let me know!

                Spoiler:
                Elizabeth sighed, "Remind me why I'm here again, Colonel?"
                "Because," John replied, "we've gotta figure out why power's not getting to this section of the city."
                "And the reason somebody else couldn't go with you?"
                "Because, McKay's in the infirmary trying to convince Carson he'll die from some papercut, and Teyla and Ronon are trading offworld. So." She let the subject drop, and he was glad. Technically, he could've asked one of the many other personnel in Atlantis to accompany him, but it was his personal goal to get Elizabeth out of her office for at least one hour each day. He'd take what he could get, even if they were both miserable.

                Now, Elizabeth and John were trekking down a long corridor in the lower levels of the city's far east section, the only light available coming from their flashlights, looking for who-knows-what that was causing the problem. On the bright side, maybe they'd only have to find a switch to flip.
                On the dark side, that probably wasn't it.
                Knowing their luck, the lack of power was probably due to some obscure device that McKay would go nuts over. Or some well-intentioned invention that would end up risking everyone's life. Maybe they'd find another body in stasis. Elizabeth from the future this time.

                "Knock-knock," John smirked. Elizabeth raised The Eyebrow. "Never-mind."
                A few moments passed by before he tried again, "I spy?"
                Elizabeth blinked in the darkness, "That was a joke, right?" she asked, shining her flashlight on his face briefly.
                He shrugged, "Alright....if you were stuck on a deserted island, what one item would you bring with you?
                She chuckled (another personal accomplishment for him today). "um...a book?"
                "...Okay. Better than Ronon's answer. 'A boat'....Which book?"
                "Hmm," she pursed her lips for a moment, "'Pride and Prejudice'."
                "Ah. Jane Austen. Not bad."
                She raised both Eyebrows this time. "You've read it?"
                "Hey. Don't sound so surprised."
                "Sorry...Just didn't think you'd be an Austen fan."
                "Well...I've got....layers," that smirk again. "Like an ogre."
                Elizabeth frowned. "What?"
                "Shrek."
                "Oh...right. I never saw that movie."
                John frowned and shined his light in her eyes, "EVERYBODY saw that movie!"
                "sorry," she squinted at the glare and pushed his arm away,"I was a little busy with international treaties at the time."
                ..."I guess that's understandable....Hold on, you've seen Toy Story, right?"
                "Yes, I'm not crazy, Colonel."
                "Just checking."


                (I learned spoiler tags too!)
                'Night!
                Aww, that was really cute and funny!
                Spoiler:
                "I'm not crazy, Colonel." LOL!
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

                Comment


                  What's Stargate Ren?
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                    What's Stargate Ren?
                    From my lurking here, I picked up that it's Stargate Renaissance-the Elizabethan Era...a fic series apparently.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Aang View Post
                      From my lurking here, I picked up that it's Stargate Renaissance-the Elizabethan Era...a fic series apparently.
                      Where do I find it?
                      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
                        Weee! One last thing before I head to bed! So remember when I said I'd written some lame fics, and that I'd post some eventually? Here's the latest one I'm attempting, it's just some really really short random subtle fluffy thing set sometime in early season 3. It's not finished, but I'm not quite sure where I was going with it, so tell me if I should finish or not
                        It's really not very good at all, not as some of you talented story-crafters, but it probably won't have any permanent damage on your eyes. Like it? Hate it? Let me know!

                        Spoiler:
                        Elizabeth sighed, "Remind me why I'm here again, Colonel?"
                        "Because," John replied, "we've gotta figure out why power's not getting to this section of the city."
                        "And the reason somebody else couldn't go with you?"
                        "Because, McKay's in the infirmary trying to convince Carson he'll die from some papercut, and Teyla and Ronon are trading offworld. So." She let the subject drop, and he was glad. Technically, he could've asked one of the many other personnel in Atlantis to accompany him, but it was his personal goal to get Elizabeth out of her office for at least one hour each day. He'd take what he could get, even if they were both miserable.

                        Now, Elizabeth and John were trekking down a long corridor in the lower levels of the city's far east section, the only light available coming from their flashlights, looking for who-knows-what that was causing the problem. On the bright side, maybe they'd only have to find a switch to flip.
                        On the dark side, that probably wasn't it.
                        Knowing their luck, the lack of power was probably due to some obscure device that McKay would go nuts over. Or some well-intentioned invention that would end up risking everyone's life. Maybe they'd find another body in stasis. Elizabeth from the future this time.

                        "Knock-knock," John smirked. Elizabeth raised The Eyebrow. "Never-mind."
                        A few moments passed by before he tried again, "I spy?"
                        Elizabeth blinked in the darkness, "That was a joke, right?" she asked, shining her flashlight on his face briefly.
                        He shrugged, "Alright....if you were stuck on a deserted island, what one item would you bring with you?
                        She chuckled (another personal accomplishment for him today). "um...a book?"
                        "...Okay. Better than Ronon's answer. 'A boat'....Which book?"
                        "Hmm," she pursed her lips for a moment, "'Pride and Prejudice'."
                        "Ah. Jane Austen. Not bad."
                        She raised both Eyebrows this time. "You've read it?"
                        "Hey. Don't sound so surprised."
                        "Sorry...Just didn't think you'd be an Austen fan."
                        "Well...I've got....layers," that smirk again. "Like an ogre."
                        Elizabeth frowned. "What?"
                        "Shrek."
                        "Oh...right. I never saw that movie."
                        John frowned and shined his light in her eyes, "EVERYBODY saw that movie!"
                        "sorry," she squinted at the glare and pushed his arm away,"I was a little busy with international treaties at the time."
                        ..."I guess that's understandable....Hold on, you've seen Toy Story, right?"
                        "Yes, I'm not crazy, Colonel."
                        "Just checking."


                        (I learned spoiler tags too!)
                        'Night!

                        I like it, MentallyUnstableFox.

                        Keep up the good work. You should never be nervous about sharing your writing with us. As a fellow really shy person I know how hard it can be to put yourself out there like this. Much props.
                        Last edited by mandogater; 17 November 2012, 04:00 PM.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

                        Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          Where do I find it?
                          You can find it here:

                          http://stargate-ren.livejournal.com/

                          (BTW, I just had to say how much I love the pic of Elizabeth on the front page, we so need to see Torri dress like that and with her long hair, just beautiful)
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Thanks. Could you give me a way to read them in order?
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                              Thanks. Could you give me a way to read them in order?
                              It's been a while since I read it so I'm defiantly going to re-read it again because there are so many stories to read, however for the Chronology you can find it here: http://stargate-ren.livejournal.com/8085.html - it's the Library Index

                              "Ascension of the Queen" though is the main story so maybe you should check that one out first, but it's up to each and everyone what they want to do.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                What are the stories about? I'm not asking for specifics. Just a general summary.
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X