No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Jumps into gutter bouncing off the walls* Cup number 17 of coffee! *Bounces out*

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      What have I been up to you might ask? Well even if you didn't, I have a new fic. Hope you like. It's my take on The Shrine and is called Sheppard's Shrine.
      I loved it, it was both funny and sweet and I just loved the end.
      I also have to say that I wish they had done the episode like that instead.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
        I loved it, it was both funny and sweet and I just loved the end.
        I also have to say that I wish they had done the episode like that instead.
        Thanks to you and also SK. I think having this happen to John would have been a much better idea than yet another OMG, Rodney is going to die episode.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I would have given everything that I own, including my life if it could have been not about Rodney, John or anyone who has more than 10 lines per episode. Say those background characters that are supposed to be main too.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

What have I been up to you might ask? Well even if you didn't, I have a new fic. Hope you like. It's my take on The Shrine and is called Sheppard's Shrine.
            Very nice. I like your take on that episode. Glad you didn't have Carson drill into john's head.

Comment

If you liked The Shrine even just a little, then this is worth reading. It had never occurred to me that this episode would have worked with that alteration. Now go read

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              SQUEE! Read it everyone, it's so adorable! *pets John and Elizabeth and everyone else and starts bouncing around the room*

Spoiler:
              And I'm still LMAO at Rodney's booger comment. Best. Line. Ever!
              Spoiler:

Again, that never occurred to me, but that would have been an excellent way to go in the ep proper
              sigpic

Comment

I got so many Fic ideas running around my head that I don't know where to start. Though my pet project is a Fic taking place during the return. I also have a Fic detailing the adventures of the repli-team (John, Elizabeth, Teyla, Ronon and Rodney) going through the gate and getting into trouble. Think of it kinda like what the robot SG-1 did in "double jeopardy" cause we don't know if they actually did die. They could've been captured.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I would have given everything that I own, including my life if it could have been not about Rodney, John or anyone who has more than 10 lines per episode. Say those background characters that are supposed to be main too.
                  I won't let you give your life for that. No way, no how. But yes, having it be about anyone other than Rodney would have been prudent, especially given he had already had a very similar episode back in s3. If I'm frank, I don't think Jason could carry an ep like that, but he might've surprised me. Teyla might've worked - although having Ronon be the one who was fighting so hard to get her to Talus might've raised some ship questions (but...a "she's the closest thing I've got to family and I don't want to lose her" line would have cleared that up)
                  sigpic

Comment

Jason blew me away with his performance in Sateda so it could be possible, it just would be the other end of the scale. At least he would have gotten the chance to stretch his acting muscles some more.

Hey, teasing ship is allowed... they did it all the time. All out, now there's a dangerous ground to thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Jason blew me away with his performance in Sateda so it could be possible, it just would be the other end of the scale. At least he would have gotten the chance to stretch his acting muscles some more.

Hey, teasing ship is allowed... they did it all the time. All out, now there's a dangerous ground to thread.
                      I'm probably a little biased against Jason because I've always thought he was hired for his 'look', as evidenced by the fact that they didn't seem to devote much more attention to Ronon than they did with Ford. Both Jason and Rainbow did best when they got to do character bits that were closer to their own personalities. That said, they were never really given a huge amount of material to work with (I was pleasantly surprised with Jason in Conan) so it's hard to judge what the actors truly could and could not do. It's also incredibly unfortunate that with Ronon, it seemed like they went backwards with his character in season five (Mr Grunts-a-lot).

Oh yes, the teasing.....teyla/michael anyone? Even Connor got confused with that
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        I'm probably a little biased against Jason because I've always thought he was hired for his 'look', as evidenced by the fact that they didn't seem to devote much more attention to Ronon than they did with Ford.
                        Mmm... food for thought.

It's also incredibly unfortunate that with Ronon, it seemed like they went backwards with his character in season five (Mr Grunts-a-lot).
                        Chewie pretty much said it all.

Oh yes, the teasing.....teyla/michael anyone? Even Connor got confused with that
                        That he was. Conflicting PTB!

Comment

Hi all. I'm still alive. Spoilered for personal...
                          Spoiler:
                          The last week has been stressful, both in work and personal life. Nothing horrible, just stressful. My mom's dementia is getting worse quite rapidly. She's been waking me up 3-4 times a night and I never sleep well to begin with. And a huge project went in at work last week and it didn't go well for me. Hopefully that will be straightened out tonight so at least that part of life will get better.

So I'm here. Watched the Martin Firrell web site thing (it always freaks me out to hear David Nykl not speaking with an accent... ok, ok, not speaking with a Canadian/American accent). Squeed at his words about Joe. Still love Sparky. Bummed to miss out on Aurora.

Comment

Oh and still loving being Sheppard's Golf Club.

Comment

So I was bored at work:

BALCONIES
                              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                                Haha, yeah there are no shortage of them running around.
                                Yah, now that I have a job I'm about to be over run with plot bunnies. As it stands I have 2 started that I need to finish, 7 begging me to start them and 2 others that I have ideas on how to expand. There just aren't enough hours in the day!!!
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X