Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    You betcha.



    Or maybe offer a DVD with the footage to all attendees as part of their registration package.



    Yup, those things are just so awesome.

    Also, I pulled out my two photo op/autographs and measured them: They're both 8" x 10", so a protector size of at least 8-1/2" x 11" would be ideal, so you've got some wiggle room to keep from bumping the corners of the photos as you slide the them into the protector.



    *headdesk* My prediction?
    Spoiler:
    JM will talk about how Rodney saved the day with his trusty sidekick Woolsey, and wasn't that little blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo by Keller so clever? But there won't be a word about Joe. Mark my words. *sighs*
    Oh I know that. I already predicted he'll go through the whole 5 years without mentioning him by name. He mentions Sheppard, but only in connection with another character. He already talked about David's amazing acting in several episodes in which Joe had a bigger role.

    What do you expect from a man who made a speech at the finale party thanking every single person but their lead actor?

    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Ok I just looked up the Gold ticket stuff. Let me spoiler it so I hopefully don't piss off everyone else. It's both the actors of Sparky at the same time, so it's on topic!!

    Spoiler:


    Here's what you get when you go "GOLD" for the weekend! It is the most upscale way to attend the full weekend.

    1) The absolute best reserved seats in the main theatre where all our major guests appear! These seats are YOURS, come and go, all three days! Great for photographers too!

    2) FREE in-person autographs with great celebrity guests including MICHAEL SHANKS, JOE FLANIGAN, PAUL McGILLION, TORRI HIGGINSON, JEWEL STAITE, CLIFF SIMON and TONY AMENDOLA plus a complimentary hand signed photo of a Stargate franchise star not appearing at this convention (we will have several choices on a first come first serve basis when you first check in including David Hewlett, Lou Diamond Philliips, Peter Williams, and Christopher Judge. This benefit is worth a substantial portion of the package price! At our 2011 event the free autographs if bought separately would have cost $215!

    3) First to get autographs: we go row by row: you are in the front rows: you get the idea!

    4) FREE ADMISSION to our super-fun DESSERT PARTY and CENTERPIECE CONTEST on Saturday Evening. Celebrate with selected stars (you will personally meet them as they are escorted around table to table) and fellow fans, EXCLUSIVE TO GOLD PATRONS ONLY! A cash bar is available for alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Tentative guest celebrities include TORRI HIGGINSON, JEWEL STAITE, CLIFF SIMON and KATE HEWLETT.

    5) Complimentary admission (keep your same great seats) to the Friday Night Celebrity Cabaret in the Gold Section. See some of our guests doing what the love to do the best: ENTERTAIN live audiences! Always a blast! PERFORMERS INCLUDE ROBERT PICARDO, CHUCK CAMPBELL and TONY AMENDOLA.

    6) Pre-Registration: we get you set for the weekend before other patrons and give you first crack at the exclusive merchandise!

    7) Wristband access: we have special color coded wristbands and lanyard credentials for GOLD Package Holders: once you get set you don't need to wait again!

    8) FREE admission into the famous Sunday Morning Continental Breakfast and Charity Silent Auction! Featuring some of our celebrity guests (whom you will get to personally meet) we love getting our final day started in such an excellent manner! Join the fun! GUESTS INCLUDE tentatively PAUL McGILLION and ROBERT PICARDO.
    And don't forget that the free autographs with the gold ticket means only one autograph each. Any additional, you have to buy a ticket. The "handlers" are sitting right there beside them and look at everything before handing it to the guest. You're not allowed to hand anything to them. Don't make eye contact with the handler and you might get away with talking directly to the actor. It worked for me and Mr. SR.
    sigpic

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

    Comment


      Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
      Hello sparkies. I've been busy (ma's been having some health problems but she's better now) and have been away abit. I see Irish Eyes and JT are coming to Chicago. I have finally decided to cave and go to a con. And yes, it is because Torri will be there. So I've got a stupid con question; if I buy the super duper gold package, that does mean I' don't have to buy separate autograph tickets correct? I still need to purchase photo op tickets separate though? I know, last minute!

      Top loading protective sleeves? Fancy way of saying bags and boards for comics that I use??!!!

      If y'all want to go sight seeing the blue line is only a few blocks away. Trips are $2.25. The Blue line goes to Ohare so it runs 24/7. Other lines only run until one or two in morning. Oh, and the real baseball stadium is at 35th and Shields.
      Welcome back stranger!!!

      Glad to hear your mom is doing better.

      You're pretty much right about the top loading sleeves. Just tend to think they look better.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

      Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

      Comment


        Did I mention I hate you JT-2 for seein Sparky
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

        Comment


          JT that's what I thought, just making sure I understand it correctly, Thank you. I'm pretty easy to spot. Not sure how much I should tell about myself here. I just checked an 8" x 10" doesn't fit in my comic book bags but it does fit in my storage clip board nicely. Oh hey fuzzy sparky bunny, what... Shep and Lizzie on the big Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier?

          mandogator Thanks!!!! I suppose one could cut a cereal box as cardboard sleeve. Mmm... Fruit Loops and sparky! Oh and I'm working a Keller chapter for my fic.
          Last edited by pkprd869; 09 August 2012, 06:17 PM.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

          Comment


            Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
            JT that's what I thought, just making sure I understand it correctly, Thank you. I'm pretty easy to spot. Not sure how much I should tell about myself here. I just checked an 8" x 10" doesn't fit in my comic book bags but it does fit in my storage clip board nicely. Oh hey fuzzy sparky bunny, what... Shep and Lizzie on the big Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier?
            My RP buddy who Plays Elizabeth on my RP board and I are planning to role play that eventually except at a different ferris wheel.
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

            Comment


              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Let's see...*ponders*. I printed off my own pics to have autographed and put cardboard in between each one. I didn't trust the airlines not to lose them, so I put them in my carryon. On the way back, I added my photos with Joe and David and never let them out of my sight. You can lose my clothes and my toiletries, but you better not come near my pics.
              LOL - That's how I feel too. More precious than gold!

              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Since I was getting photo ops signed and didn't have to go too far, I just kept them in the paper envelope bag when I picked up the pics at the end of the day, then laid them across my lap while sitting in my seat waiting to be called up for autographs. Then laid them in the passenger seat of my car as I drove home.

              As you'll both be traveling much further distances, you'll want something more sturdy. SR's suggestion of sandwiching them between cardboard in your carryon or a large tote/purse for the flight home is a good one. If you've got a decent comic book store near you that you can hit before leaving for Chicago, you might want to see if they carry the UltraPro line of collectible storage solutions; their toploader sleeves work very well. (I use their cardsleeves for my SGA trading cards; good stuff.)

              And as always, make sure the autograph ink is TOTALLY dry before tucking your photo away in your protective carrier of choice.
              Sounds like everyone is in agreement on the UltraPro. I won't get to a store before the con, but it looks like Amazon has them. And good tip on the ink!

              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Yes, I knew there was something I forgot. The ladies who sat in front of us will be eternally grateful to Mr. SR for guarding their photos while they were drying so the ladies could visit the little girls' room. It's amazing the little things that you don't think of but are very important.

              And I wish just once I could be wrong about something negative, but
              Spoiler:
              JM just discussed Common Ground on his blog without mentioning Joe. I told you it was going to happen. Now I can't wait to see what he does with Vegas.
              It's actually quite amazing, isn't it? And I'm stopping now before I get in trouble. But I'm thinking about resurrecting a lovely little comm on LJ that we had back in the day, back when lemmings ruled GW...

              Originally posted by Brie View Post
              Ok, good to know, I’ve never been to one so I wasn’t sure how it worked.

              One would think though that it would be a good idea to film it and then maybe air it on their website, just for those who can’t be there and I do get that maybe they think that it should be something for those that pays to go and I get that it would just be a fun thing for those fans who couldn’t attend.
              I have a DVD from a Xena con. (I wasn't actually at the con though.) It's been a while so I can't remember what all is on it, but yeah, I would think they could sell a lot of these.

              Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
              Hello sparkies. I've been busy (ma's been having some health problems but she's better now) and have been away abit. I see Irish Eyes and JT are coming to Chicago. I have finally decided to cave and go to a con. And yes, it is because Torri will be there. So I've got a stupid con question; if I buy the super duper gold package, that does mean I' don't have to buy separate autograph tickets correct? I still need to purchase photo op tickets separate though? I know, last minute!

              Top loading protective sleeves? Fancy way of saying bags and boards for comics that I use??!!!

              If y'all want to go sight seeing the blue line is only a few blocks away. Trips are $2.25. The Blue line goes to Ohare so it runs 24/7. Other lines only run until one or two in morning. Oh, and the real baseball stadium is at 35th and Shields.
              Excellent! It will be great to have another Sparky along! Be sure to let us know what your seat number is.

              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              I hadn't even thought about carrying the photos. D'oh. There's probably tons of stuff I'm not thinking about.

              Eri needs to go to Dragon con! Eri Eri Eri!
              OMG - I already feel like I'm forgetting a million things!
              sigpic
              sig by SueKay

              My Team:

              Comment


                Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                I second the Ultrapro toploader sleeves. I've been using them for years to protect my sports cards and price guides. *Kicks self for not thinking of grabbing a bunch for my Stargate Magazines and Star Wars Insiders*
                I so should've done that. But I've got magazine boxes for the SG mags, so that's good enough.

                Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                Hello sparkies. I've been busy (ma's been having some health problems but she's better now) and have been away abit. I see Irish Eyes and JT are coming to Chicago. I have finally decided to cave and go to a con. And yes, it is because Torri will be there. So I've got a stupid con question; if I buy the super duper gold package, that does mean I' don't have to buy separate autograph tickets correct? I still need to purchase photo op tickets separate though? I know, last minute!

                Top loading protective sleeves? Fancy way of saying bags and boards for comics that I use??!!!

                If y'all want to go sight seeing the blue line is only a few blocks away. Trips are $2.25. The Blue line goes to Ohare so it runs 24/7. Other lines only run until one or two in morning. Oh, and the real baseball stadium is at 35th and Shields.
                Heya, welcome back! Glad to hear your mom is feeling better and you'll be able to go to ChiCon and see Torri! On the autographs & photo ops question, yes, you'll need to buy the photo ops separately even if you get a Gold ticket. And to add to the information about getting multiple autographs from the same actor, yes, you will need to buy additional tickets for each duplicate autograph you want, but you won't have to go through the line again, they'll sign for all of your tickets at once.

                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Oh I know that. I already predicted he'll go through the whole 5 years without mentioning him by name. He mentions Sheppard, but only in connection with another character. He already talked about David's amazing acting in several episodes in which Joe had a bigger role.

                What do you expect from a man who made a speech at the finale party thanking every single person but their lead actor?
                Ugh. *shakes head*

                Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                You're pretty much right about the top loading sleeves. Just tend to think they look better.
                And they're sturdier.

                Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                Sounds like everyone is in agreement on the UltraPro. I won't get to a store before the con, but it looks like Amazon has them. And good tip on the ink!
                *salutes*

                Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                It's actually quite amazing, isn't it? And I'm stopping now before I get in trouble. But I'm thinking about resurrecting a lovely little comm on LJ that we had back in the day, back when lemmings ruled GW...
                *cackles* Dooooo iiiiittttt!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Yes, I knew there was something I forgot. The ladies who sat in front of us will be eternally grateful to Mr. SR for guarding their photos while they were drying so the ladies could visit the little girls' room. It's amazing the little things that you don't think of but are very important.

                  And I wish just once I could be wrong about something negative, but
                  Spoiler:
                  JM just discussed Common Ground on his blog without mentioning Joe. I told you it was going to happen. Now I can't wait to see what he does with Vegas.
                  Spoiler:

                  Dude can hold a grudge


                  Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  *headdesk* My prediction?
                  Spoiler:
                  JM will talk about how Rodney saved the day with his trusty sidekick Woolsey, and wasn't that little blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo by Keller so clever? But there won't be a word about Joe. Mark my words. *sighs*
                  Spoiler:

                  From a writing perspective, the cameos by the other characters were brilliant. Chiefly because they were bland and had no personality and likely were easy to write. Don't get me wrong, I like the ep (Joe is great in it, the whole thing is a different concept which I applaud, etc etc) but the other characters have no 'spark' to speak of.


                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Oh I know that. I already predicted he'll go through the whole 5 years without mentioning him by name. He mentions Sheppard, but only in connection with another character. He already talked about David's amazing acting in several episodes in which Joe had a bigger role.

                  What do you expect from a man who made a speech at the finale party thanking every single person but their lead actor?
                  He didn't? How bad is it that I can fully believe that :s


                  Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                  It's actually quite amazing, isn't it? And I'm stopping now before I get in trouble. But I'm thinking about resurrecting a lovely little comm on LJ that we had back in the day, back when lemmings ruled GW...
                  Those were the days. I remember when JM made his "fifteen lemmings" comment, and I thought "dumbass. There are at least fifty of us posting here".


                  Originally posted by Brie View Post
                  Haha, I didn’t know that but that is so cool, and after listening to the commentaries (where both Joe and David were awfully quiet during that scene and only Gero said that).
                  I agree that they wanted it to be obvious but I must say that when I was watching though the season 1 promo pics it does feel as if the picture tell a different story, and not even in the pictures of just John and Elizabeth but it’s also something to see in the group pics with them and all or a few of the rest of the cast.

                  Spoiler:


                  Spoiler:


                  Spoiler:
                  [IMG]
                  I had a cap in mind for one of them, but it's a bit too close to an actor pic rather than a character pic for my liking, so best leave well enough alone
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    I had a cap in mind for one of them, but it's a bit too close to an actor pic rather than a character pic for my liking, so best leave well enough alone
                    I'm not going to say it. I'm not going to say it. Oh, yes I am. You mean you wouldn't feel comfortable posting a pic that is clearly Joe and Torri and add a cap saying John loves Elizabeth. What do you have, common sense or something? There I did it.
                    sigpic

                    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                    Comment


                      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

                      Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      Spoiler:

                      From a writing perspective, the cameos by the other characters were brilliant. Chiefly because they were bland and had no personality and likely were easy to write. Don't get me wrong, I like the ep (Joe is great in it, the whole thing is a different concept which I applaud, etc etc) but the other characters have no 'spark' to speak of.


                      Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      Those were the days. I remember when JM made his "fifteen lemmings" comment, and I thought "dumbass. There are at least fifty of us posting here".
                      LMAO! I know, right? Dude can't get his math straight. No wonder they tried to dumb down Sheppard.

                      Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      I had a cap in mind for one of them, but it's a bit too close to an actor pic rather than a character pic for my liking, so best leave well enough alone
                      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      I'm not going to say it. I'm not going to say it. Oh, yes I am. You mean you wouldn't feel comfortable posting a pic that is clearly Joe and Torri and add a cap saying John loves Elizabeth. What do you have, common sense or something? There I did it.
                      at the both of you!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                      Comment


                        On DC--I KNOW! I'm trying to figure it out! *runs back to work*
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                          It's actually quite amazing, isn't it? And I'm stopping now before I get in trouble. But I'm thinking about resurrecting a lovely little comm on LJ that we had back in the day, back when lemmings ruled GW...
                          They still rule GW - they just went underground and became less conspicuous - or left for the Pegasus Galaxy and got adopted by expedition members (look cute and fluffy and they'll love ya).

                          Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          Those were the days. I remember when JM made his "fifteen lemmings" comment, and I thought "dumbass. There are at least fifty of us posting here".
                          Even fifty seems to me a little on the low side of things...

                          Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          I'm not going to say it. I'm not going to say it. Oh, yes I am. You mean you wouldn't feel comfortable posting a pic that is clearly Joe and Torri and add a cap saying John loves Elizabeth. What do you have, common sense or something? There I did it.
                          Why do I have a feeling this has actually happened somewhere...
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                          Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            They still rule GW - they just went underground and became less conspicuous - or left for the Pegasus Galaxy and got adopted by expedition members (look cute and fluffy and they'll love ya).



                            Even fifty seems to me a little on the low side of things...



                            Why do I have a feeling this has actually happened somewhere...
                            Well, if you mean you are afraid somebody posted such a pic of Joe and Torri, you would be incorrect, but I was speaking of another pairing. And those pics are all over the place, supposedly innocent but it still creeps me out. I know that's Joe and Torri in my avatar, at a convention representing a show they worked in together. But sometimes I think there are shippers who think their chosen pairing is true in RL also. Enough said.
                            sigpic

                            Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                            Comment


                              Ah... I get it...
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                              Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                I'm not going to say it. I'm not going to say it. Oh, yes I am. You mean you wouldn't feel comfortable posting a pic that is clearly Joe and Torri and add a cap saying John loves Elizabeth. What do you have, common sense or something? There I did it.
                                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                at the both of you!
                                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Well, if you mean you are afraid somebody posted such a pic of Joe and Torri, you would be incorrect, but I was speaking of another pairing. And those pics are all over the place, supposedly innocent but it still creeps me out. I know that's Joe and Torri in my avatar, at a convention representing a show they worked in together. But sometimes I think there are shippers who think their chosen pairing is true in RL also. Enough said.
                                If it weren't for that ick factor of shipping the actors in real life I would be a bit more relaxed about using different shots and whatnot. But given that they are their respective character's avatars, it's a bit hard for an onlooker to tell at a glance whether it's Joe and Torri vs Shep and Weir, it pays to be careful. Consider this example: say there was a wrap party, where likely a lot of hugs would have been exchanged. Say someone took a photo of Joe and Torri hugging goodbye. Say I snurched this, and used it as a banner/sig/whatever, with the caption 'ShWeir tru wuv 4eva!!!' when it is clearly not a situation in which the characters were present (it wasn't filmed, they weren't being paid). Does one draw the line there, or allow even more...say I started musing on how Joe and Torri have great chemistry in real life, there must be something 'there', and so forth. Things could get awkward quickly

                                [QUOTE=Scary Kitty;13458879]
                                LMAO! I know, right? Dude can't get his math straight. No wonder they tried to dumb down Sheppard.

                                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Even fifty seems to me a little on the low side of things...
                                It probably is on the low side, I don't recall the numbers now
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X