Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    A post-a-thon is a fun little activity we like to do where as many of us who can get on the board at the same time (because, you know, time zones and such) sit down and watch an episode (via DVD/Blu-ray, digital download like iTunes, whatever) and while we're watching, we post comments here on the Sparky thread. We snark about the silly writing, cheer our Sparky whenever they're on screen, mock the villains... fun stuff! It's kind of like a live DVD commentary track. Right now, we watching the entire series from beginning to end, one episode a week every Sunday afternoon at 1:30 pm Pacific Time (or whatever time that is in your time zone). Our next episode will be Season 2's "Runner."
    That sounds like a lot of fun! I just finished watching season 2 on Friday, but I am one of those people (as most of us shippers are) who can rewatch many times. Plus, I feel like I didn't really catch everything, since it was the first time watching it. I may join in next week
    sigpic
    || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

good afternoon sparkies!

gateraid love your pic captions!
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

gateraid Love the captions!! Just what I needed while I sit at work and sneak in a few minutes of gateworld
        sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone!

Gotta love that basically the first thing John does when he is beamed back onboard ‘the Daedalus’ is letting his eyes seek out Elizabeth’s.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          I put this in awhile ago, but everyone was so busy madly posting about the episode... sparks
          Love it, so cute.

Love the pic caption gateraid, they were hilarious.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
            Hello everyone!

Gotta love that basically the first thing John does when he is beamed back onboard ‘the Daedalus’ is letting his eyes seek out Elizabeth’s.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2vs3e3p.jpg

Love it, so cute.

I noticed that too. And Caldwell is right there talking to him and he barely glances at him, but he just never takes his eyes off her after zooming right in on her. This episode just kind of set the Sparky tone for the whole season.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
              That sounds like a lot of fun! I just finished watching season 2 on Friday, but I am one of those people (as most of us shippers are) who can rewatch many times. Plus, I feel like I didn't really catch everything, since it was the first time watching it. I may join in next week
              It's an obscene amount of fun! And just wait 'til we get to some of the more notorious (in a bad way!) episodes coming up in Season 3 and beyond... the snark will know no bounds!

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
              good afternoon sparkies!

gateraid love your pic captions!
              Hiya, Drew! *waves*

Hello everyone!

Just look at how Elizabeth's eyes are sparkling at seeing John safe and sound! SQUEE!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I noticed that too. And Caldwell is right there talking to him and he barely glances at him, but he just never takes his eyes off her after zooming right in on her. This episode just kind of set the Sparky tone for the whole season.
              Yup yup! Just bring on That. Kiss. LOL!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I couldn’t agree more though once can still wonder what the writers where thinking with it.

I also liked this part when Caldwell says he wants to talk with Elizabeth in private (before we get the scene where we find out that it really was Elizabeth that made sure that John got his promotion), it was a small little moment they shared as she passes him by, a look and then it’s that small smile on John’s face. I’m still trying to figure out what that was supposed to mean because it looked like one thing but since according to the writers it’s not possible who knows what it was.

Then there is this scene when they didn’t just keep staring at each other, they were also standing so close that their hands was almost touching.

sigpic

Comment

I couldn’t agree more though once can still wonder what the writers where thinking with it.

I also liked this part when Caldwell says he wants to talk with Elizabeth in private (before we get the scene where we find out that it really was Elizabeth that made sure that John got his promotion), it was a small little moment they shared as she passes him by, a look and then it’s that small smile on John’s face. I’m still trying to figure out what that was supposed to mean because it looked like one thing but since according to the writers it’s not possible who knows what it was.

http://i46.tinypic.com/wpe9w.jpg

Then there is this scene when they didn’t just keep staring at each other, they were also standing so close that their hands was almost touching.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2s10h37.jpg
                  I never noticed that before, I was too busy looking at Mckay's backsiiii........ oh never mind
                  sigpic
                  Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

NEW Sig to show off my new favorite ship - What do you all think? It was the best that I could do in a short time (I am at work where I only have Photoshop Elements 8 - so something better may happen once I get home to my CS4)

Which reminds me....I don't have any pictures for this show yet!!! That is a crime. Writing that on my checklist of things to get done this week. Any suggestions on where to get some good screenshots?
                    sigpic

Comment

NEW Sig to show off my new favorite ship - What do you all think? It was the best that I could do in a short time (I am at work where I only have Photoshop Elements 8 - so something better may happen once I get home to my CS4)

Which reminds me....I don't have any pictures for this show yet!!! That is a crime. Writing that on my checklist of things to get done this week. Any suggestions on where to get some good screenshots?
                      The sig is just beautiful. You seem to be a wiz with Photoshop.

The GW homepage has a section under "Episodes" for each season. You can click on those and see the pages for the individual eps. There are quite a few screen captures for each one. There are also screen caps here. There were lots of sites but most are shut down now.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

That's a great signature.

I don't know any really good once, I make my own screenshots but at times we tend to post pics in this thread though so if you want you can look through it a bit if you have time. There are site like here on GW that have stills from each episodes but most of them are not what you're looking for and I don't think they have a lot of Sparky pics. If someone else does have any good sites for it I would also like to know.
                        sigpic

Comment

The sig is just beautiful. You seem to be a wiz with Photoshop.

The GW homepage has a section under "Episodes" for each season. You can click on those and see the pages for the individual eps. There are quite a few screen captures for each one. There are also screen caps here. There were lots of sites but most are shut down now.
                          Thanks! I love messing around with Photoshop - even teach a beginner class. I was afraid that many of the screencap sites would no longer be working I will try the ones you gave.

That's a great signature....but at times we tend to post pics in this thread though so if you want you can look through it a bit if you have time.
                          Thanks a lot! I did pick up a few from this forum just now, so at least I have somewhere to start.
                          sigpic

Comment

That's a lovely sig! Well done!

Another site where I've found great high-res screencaps from the Blu-ray discs is here. So far, it only has a few select episodes from S1-2, though, but supposedly more are on the way.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh shoot... I was hoping for so HD screencaps of my owner, but alas... not available. *sigh*
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*clings to thread for dear life*

I had to go run errands, and there just so happens to be a Starbucks in front of the Home Depot where I have to go buy a drill. Long story short: the closet pole that the previous tenants installed for their young child was not sturdy enough to hold my adult clothes. It collapsed, pulling the wall anchors out and everything. So I'm installing a new closet unit this afternoon. After I'm done here. If I'm ever done here.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                *scoots in*
                                Is it bad that I started laughing hysterically as soon as I saw all the spoiler tags?

Spoiler:
                                http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...alworld301.jpg

Weir: Hey, I just met you, and you think I'm crazy.....

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...alworld327.jpg

..... but here's his number, so dial it maybe
                                ROFLMAO!!! gateraid, I'm gonna kill you! I just got that song out of my head! That's payback for the LJ post, isn't it?

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...rising_395.jpg

Sheppard: Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy...but here's a necklace....that'll kill you maybe
                                *diez laughing*

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                This one is about the writers reticence to delve into the chain of command issue on Atlantis

*snipped for [img] tags*

I'm snorting/giggling/laughing/shrieking so loud I don't think I'm allowed back in this Starbucks anymore. Way. To. Go!!!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                ZOMG *snorts* Gateraid's photo captions--I missed those. The second post is proly my favorite, but I was rolling at the Carter one about the patch.

Hi y'all. Just popping in to wave and say hi. Miss you guys.
                                Eri!!! *glomps* Nice to see you around these parts!

Also, it looks like I am going to have to get on Photoshop and make a new banner for my newest obsession!
                                You did a great job on your banner! It's fantastic!

Hello everyone!

Love it, so cute.

Ooh, I'm gonna hafta snurch those! Thanks, Brie!

http://i46.tinypic.com/wpe9w.jpg
                                Just cause:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2s10h37.jpg
                                I'm telling you, they started hitting the closets on the way home.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                                I never noticed that before, I was too busy looking at Mckay's backsiiii........ oh never mind
                                *smacks MR upside the head* Wrong thread, girl! Haha!

Along with everyone else's suggestions, I have some saved online at my Photobucket. Most of them will focus on John and Elizabeth, but you're more than welcome to snurch!

Comment

Working...
                                X