Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    That one was a response action to Paul starting a longwinded explanation though I can't quite remember what it was about. Joe sank back and Torri followed stat...

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    It sounds like such a fun weekend (even if FH made Torri so sick she couldn't talk )
    Torri's response: "Close the door, I need to beat the crap out of this one!"

To which my sister went: "I'll take care of that for you!"

Me: "But I brought chocolate as a peace offering...and I'm really, really sorry!"

And then when I left she made this sign with her hands like she was wringing my neck... all the while laughing and winking. And so were the remainder of the people in the room.

And thus it says on my signed photo -> Damn you and your germs!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Having shot sports for a newspaper before, I can tell you that's about what a professional photographer would take to be sure he or she had something good enough to print. When I only had to shoot and not also write the game story, I'd have close to 100 pics and that was for just about two hours of work. You were there all day, so you'd have a whole lot more.
    Oh... good to know.

...I present the ficlet I promised you.
    SQUEEEEEE!!!

I could so see this happening... like a better Irr-episode perhaps, a replacement for the Irr - a far better one too.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    I think I'll need to work with our fav Lemming for that part, because, apparently her memory isn't as frakked up as mine ;^)
    At moment my brain is suffering from being cooped up in a train for 6 hours... it feels woozy, and memory-wise it's suffering. But a good night's sleep will fix that - I hope.

And yes, I have my Sparky sandwich photoshoot photo!!! :^D
    Me too, and I bounced around like a lemming on a sugar rush afterwards, squeeing like mad.

I was kinda bouncing around after triple-photoshoot, because of what FH already told you guys. I was in the line inside the photoshoot room when I saw the whole thing with the proposal and Joe acting if he wanted to beat up the guy. I also kinda wanted to kill the photographer for not taking a photo of that moment! But it is engrained in my memory for ever and ever :^D
    I concur, Kris was quite literally in a Sparky high.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    That was adorable. FH is going to squee her brains out.
    Train-brain is mush, but squeeing I did.

This con just shows that, after all this time, the chemistry between these two is still there. I really really wish they could do something else together. They just look like they are so delighted to see each other. I wonder if they had time to discuss any political issues.
    They certainly do still have awesome chemistry together. And they were asked an economics question so I guess they were able to discuss that in greater detail afterwards.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    mandogater, your little ficlet is awesome! Methinks FH will definitely like it! As to the Sparky side of things... ah, poor John. Whumped by a flower.
    John will never live it down.
    And Kate needs to find a strain of the flower to which Teyla isn't allergic.

Spoiler:
    Sorry, Kate's back in her quarter's. Had to keep it PG to post it here.
    I'll fill in the blanks...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I want to share a bit of OT - I've just been sorted into Hufflepuff house! (at LJ comm called Hogwarts is home). People over there read your application (where you answer a bunch of questions) and have a week time to read your app and sort you. My sorting was exciting because there was a tight race between Hufflepuff and Slytherin, but eventually I've got more Puff votes and ended up in the house of badger. I'd be happy in either, I think I have equal or almost equal parts of both. Anyway, Hufflepuff comm seems so lovely! But OMG it's massive.

To make this a little more on topic (sorry! I have a Harry Potter fever lately), where would you guys sort SGA members?

Here's my sorting:

John - Gryffindor
      Elizabeth - I think she's mostly Rawenclaw, but she has a fair share of Hufflepuff in her. Rawenclaws are smart and their approach to things can be scientific like, clinical and cold; while Elizabeth has that compassion and fairness and ability to see good in most people (if not everyone) .
      Teyla - Hufflepuff
      Ronon - Gryffindor (a typical one, lol)
      Rodney - almost equal parts of Rawenclaw and Slytheirn, but more 'claw.
      Carson - Hufflepuff
      Zelenka - also Hufflepuff
      Keller - that's pretty hard, but I think Rawenclaw
      Ford - Gryffindor
      Kate - Rawenclaw/Hufflepuff.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Me: "But I brought chocolate as a peace offering...and I'm really, really sorry!"

And then when I left she made this sign with her hands like she was wringing my neck... all the while laughing and winking. And so were the remainder of the people in the room.

Ohnoes! Sounds like a fun time, though!

I concur, Kris was quite literally in a Sparky high.
        Bouncing off the walls and ceiling?

They certainly do still have awesome chemistry together. And they were asked an economics question so I guess they were able to discuss that in greater detail afterwards.
        Heh!

Well, since we're talking a fic set either before the end of S3 or in an AU in which Those Episodes didn't happen, I suppose Katie Brown is still on Atlantis in the Botany department. I'm sure she could help out.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          I want to share a bit of OT - I've just been sorted into Hufflepuff house! (at LJ comm called Hogwarts is home). People over there read your application (where you answer a bunch of questions) and have a week time to read your app and sort you. My sorting was exciting because there was a tight race between Hufflepuff and Slytherin, but eventually I've got more Puff votes and ended up in the house of badger. I'd be happy in either, I think I have equal or almost equal parts of both. Anyway, Hufflepuff comm seems so lovely! But OMG it's massive.
          Yay for Hufflepuff! The house of Cedric Diggory, may he rest in piece. A most excellent Sorting!

To make this a little more on topic (sorry! I have a Harry Potter fever lately), where would you guys sort SGA members?

Here's my sorting:

John - Gryffindor
          Elizabeth - I think she's mostly Rawenclaw, but she has a fair share of Hufflepuff in her. Rawenclaws are smart and their approach to things can be scientific like, clinical and cold; while Elizabeth has that compassion and fairness and ability to see good in most people (if not everyone) .
          Teyla - Hufflepuff
          Carson - Hufflepuff
          Ford - Gryffindor
          Looking good so far! Seems most are either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff; interesting coincidence.

Woolsey - Ravenclaw? Or possibly Slytherin. As a fellow Slyther-claw, I can see elements of both in him.
          Lorne - Hufflepuff or Gryffindor
          Kate Heightmeyer - Hufflepuff? We'll let FH weigh in on this one.

ETA: Geeze, we suddenly picked up 29 guests! Was it something I said?
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I don't know! I see 72 users on the thread! OMG! O_o

Re Lorne, I'll peg him for a Gryffindor. Agreed re Woolsey. hehe, it seems there are lot of 'Puffs on Atlantis. Awesome

Comment

Bouncing off the walls and ceiling?
              Definitely.

Well, since we're talking a fic set either before the end of S3 or in an AU in which Those Episodes didn't happen, I suppose Katie Brown is still on Atlantis in the Botany department. I'm sure she could help out.
              Oh, that's so true... Katie can help out.

Kate Heightmeyer - Hufflepuff? We'll let FH weigh in on this one.
              I'm not well versed in the houses but the way Anuna describes it, I'd have to go with Hufflepuff too.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Definitely.

Oh, that's so true... Katie can help out.

I'm not well versed in the houses but the way Anuna describes it, I'd have to go with Hufflepuff too.
                Smart, loyal, kind, compassionate and fair. Does that ring any bell? *G*

Comment

Back down to 30 lurkers. Wild times.

I don't know! I see 72 users on the thread! OMG! O_o

Re Lorne, I'll peg him for a Gryffindor. Agreed re Woolsey. hehe, it seems there are lot of 'Puffs on Atlantis. Awesome
                  Heh! It's the Rise of the Badgers!

Definitely.
                  I'll have to remember not to let her have any coffee in LA, then.

Smart, loyal, kind, compassionate and fair. Does that ring any bell? *G*
                  Yep, totally a Hufflepuff.

Comment

Back down to 30 lurkers. Wild times.

Heh! It's the Rise of the Badgers!

I'll have to remember not to let her have any coffee in LA, then.

Yep, totally a Hufflepuff.
                    Badgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadger!!!! (who remembers that youtube video?)

I think I'm about to write down in fic, John's attempt to sort his friends.

Comment

I foresee hilarious crack!fic in our immediate future.

Comment

Let's see if I break the thread with this massively long post. It's good to have a goal.

Irish Eyes - thanks for the hugs. I can breathe out of one nostril now. A vast improvement. LOL!

mandogater - that fic was so lovely!

I knew FH would love it. And she had some squee from the 30 second recap of The Gift too. She's having a good day for Kate squee.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        That looks like a really fun con. Even if they hadn't talked about Sparky, it looks like they'd be a blast to watch.

Anyway, do any of you who remember way back like 18 months or so ago now, I once made a reference that "Sparky" reminds me of Transformers, and the concept in Transformers fiction known as "sparks," which functions sort of as some manner of amalgamation of Transformers' hearts and souls? Well now that I have learned how to timestamp YouTube videos, I can show you what I was thinking.

It's kinda funny because, to be fair, any real connection is extremely tenuous and I only really noticed because I'm a big fan of both.

But honestly I feel like the last half of this 30 second dream sequence explanation somehow captures the emotions of Sparky's run on the show extremely well in a microcosm.

If I ever learn how to edit together video tributes, I'm totally going to try include the audio of the last 15 seconds into some sort of John and Elizabeth video.

Funnily enough, I remember watching a panel at a convention from 2006 with several of the voice actors from that show talking about how good the writing was. One of them actually mentioned that really great shows exist when the writers "lose a little bit of ego" and collaborate with the actors.

Hows that for tying it all back to the start of conversation?
                        Wow!! That is crazy! Yes, the universe certainly did weep. And it sounds like that program knew what to do. A bit of ego (ok more than a bit) certainly didn't help a few PTW. Then I think of Farscape that really encouraged actor input to the point where its star wrote episodes. "John Quixote" is one of my favorite episodes and Ben Browder wrote it.

*comes out of lurkdom*
                        <snip for space>
                        And yes, I have my Sparky sandwich photoshoot photo!!! :^D And also one with Joe, Torri and Paul, where I very kindly asked if Joe and Torri could stand next to each other so I could stand in between Joe and Paul :^p
                        I was kinda bouncing around after triple-photoshoot, because of what FH already told you guys. I was in the line inside the photoshoot room when I saw the whole thing with the proposal and Joe acting if he wanted to beat up the guy. I also kinda wanted to kill the photographer for not taking a photo of that moment! But it is engrained in my memory for ever and ever :^D

There's more I still need to say, but like I said, I'll keep it for my report as for now I need to start packing to head back home.
                        Will try to check in again when I get home.

Bye for now and *hugs* to all my fellow Sparkies!!!!
                        Well, you're likely long gone but I wanted to thank you once again for all the lovely photographs. The quality of them is insanely good. Too bad we can't take the images from your retinas of that scene and make it into a video.

And a new one. I have a feeling there will be more of these.

Intentional repost.

YES!!!!

You mean like this one. I need a good tag line though.

Another intentional repost.

I agree with SK that it should involve something about fangirls.

I can tell you what I'm reading between the lines from these con reports and their answers to sparky questions. Both Joe and Torri are intelligent people and smart actors whos aw the possibility. I think they had fun playing up moments that would ahve looked flat between two less talented performers. Their answers clearly show that they were all very aware what was going on; from two of them to third camera man and that guy bringing the sandwiches. I don't know if that makes this ship canon ( Seriously? I am tired of replaying that old track, and I don't need any proof considering how stupid PTB were. I prefer having what we have, and these two adorable people, than a lamely written canonic ship that ends up like McKeller.) but we know fair and square we didn't imagine anything. If we did, then I suppose Torri, joe and Paul did as well.

Oh and the sandwich guy did too.

This whole post is very well put. I have to comment on the bolded part. They certainly did that. Scenes where you'd never get any flirty or emotional tones with others certainly had those with them. Examples are everywhere.

Conversion - the way Joe delivers the line "that's your answer for everything" in response to Elizabeth's line about protocol. On the page, that could be said angry or flat. But Joe chose to play it kinda flirty with the head waggle and cheeky tone. I can't possibly say it better than Zero.Point.Snark did:
                        Spoiler:
                        And he gives her the George Clooney Head Twitch of I'm So Badass Cool coupled with the Joe Flanigan Eye Twinkle of I'm Soooo Onto You and Your Pat Deflections. "That's your answer for everything," he mocks affectionately. And OMFG, the way he SAID it with that smile-not-quite-smile and slightly challenging look in his eyes -- you just know she's tagged that onto other situations before. Like...

Shep: "Why do you always leave at night?"
                        Lizzie: "We have to think of protocol."

or

Shep: "Why can't I kiss you in public?"
                        Lizzie: "Protocol, John. Protocol."

and

Shep: "Why can't we have a Relationship?"
                        Lizzie: "BECAUSE THERE'S PROTOCOL."

Coup D'etat: That final scene has zero flirtiness on paper. It's all about the subtext, which was so strong that even Martin Gero and Martin Wood noticed and commented on it.

And those are just 2 examples. To sum up: we are lucky we had such wonderful actors to play our ship.

'Nuna is using my icon that I made. *squees and dances and squees some more* I'll do some more later. I've been busy today finalizing vacay plans for T'giving. Yes, I will be gone for 2 weeks but not always out of touch.

Your assessment is so very perfect. You can tell they are still having fun with it and so are we.

LOL on the sandwich guy. I'd also add the teamsters and the background actors that look half asleep some of the time.

Another intentional repost cause BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

You'll be gone for 2 weeks? John is sad.

LOL at the poster! Perfect tag!! (I was wondering if she was perhaps sniffing his hair to determine if he borrowed hair products from Paul).

I need to write craky-ish fic. Right now, before my muse decides to fall asleep again.

Thank you! I'm glad you have such high opinion on my assessment. I am a smart lady after all. Like i said, I am so over those canon - not - canon debates, I think this finally proves, once and for all, that people who played all these characters were aware of that special something between Weir and Sheppard. Including the actors who played them. Nobody can tell me I made it up, period. If you don't liek it (not you, but people in general), go suck a lemon. Torri, Joe and Paul just proved you wrong. Neener neener.

On here's an interesting bit my LJ friend Vicky just posted - Torri said that the first signature on the petition not to remover her from SGA is Joe's. I just have no words for that - and I mean it in a positive way. That's just so gorgeous and amazing. He's my hero forever, period.
                        O.M.G. I LOVE YOU, JOE!!!

That is just amazing. He is so supportive of his friends. What a big heart he has.

I was just over on Twitter. I am surprised that "Sparky" is not trending over there. LOL I don't know who all these people are but I'm glad they share our squee.

Working on the icons, but they involve math so...um...maybe tomorrow. *glares at JT-2* I forgot the system I used to do that one. Sigh. Anybody else who wants to try some, you do 120x120 pixels.
                        Huh? What? Why you glaring at me?

You had whole long conversations with Torri. You are one lucky chick. That's such a funny story!!

Here's my sorting:

John - Gryffindor
                        Teyla - Hufflepuff
                        Carson - Hufflepuff
                        Ford - Gryffindor
                        I have sorted myself into Ravenclaw so I'd be in the same house as Elizabeth and Kate? I approve of this plan. (Keller is much younger than I am so we wouldn't be there at the same time. I also approve of this plan.)

Congrats on making Hufflepuff, 'Nuna!

Ohnoes! Sounds like a fun time, though!
                        YES! I like all plans that use the whole population of Atlantis well.

OMG yes! That could be some great stuff!!

I have a fic idea of my own, based by some real life stuff. It involves John (the math one) beating Elizabeth (the language one) at Scrabble. Can anyone guess where this idea came from?

Comment

SQUEEEEEE!!!

I could so see this happening... like a better Irr-episode perhaps, a replacement for the Irr - a far better one too.

Train-brain is mush, but squeeing I did.

I'll fill in the blanks...
                          I'm glad you liked it!
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

mandogater - that fic was so lovely!

Wow!! That is crazy! Yes, the universe certainly did weep. And it sounds like that program knew what to do. A bit of ego (ok more than a bit) certainly didn't help a few PTW. Then I think of Farscape that really encouraged actor input to the point where its star wrote episodes. "John Quixote" is one of my favorite episodes and Ben Browder wrote it.
                            Thanks!! Now if I could just figure out where in the name of all that is Sparky the muse for my giant crossover fic I've been playing with has wondered off to.

Speaking of Farscape, I forgot how much I loved that show until I found season 1 today at a too hard to resist price.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Done with Trick or Treat and making our offerings to the Costumed Child-Gremlins for another year. We must've had around 120-150 kids show up; that's not much compared to some neighborhoods, but it's about average for us. The two things most commented on were our jack-o-lanterns and the strangely pervasive scent of smoky cinnamon (courtesy of some well-placed incense sticks; I'll have to try that again next year!). Good times!

Let's see if I break the thread with this massively long post. It's good to have a goal.

And I'm glad to hear you're doing a little better with the sinuses.

This whole post is very well put. I have to comment on the bolded part. They certainly did that. Scenes where you'd never get any flirty or emotional tones with others certainly had those with them. Examples are everywhere.

Conversion - the way Joe delivers the line "that's your answer for everything" in response to Elizabeth's line about protocol. On the page, that could be said angry or flat. But Joe chose to play it kinda flirty with the head waggle and cheeky tone. I can't possibly say it better than Zero.Point.Snark did:
                              Spoiler:
                              And he gives her the George Clooney Head Twitch of I'm So Badass Cool coupled with the Joe Flanigan Eye Twinkle of I'm Soooo Onto You and Your Pat Deflections. "That's your answer for everything," he mocks affectionately. And OMFG, the way he SAID it with that smile-not-quite-smile and slightly challenging look in his eyes -- you just know she's tagged that onto other situations before. Like...

or

and

Coup D'etat: That final scene has zero flirtiness on paper. It's all about the subtext, which was so strong that even Martin Gero and Martin Wood noticed and commented on it.

And those are just 2 examples. To sum up: we are lucky we had such wonderful actors to play our ship.
                              Zero Point Snark! I ought to go back and reread that comm sometime soon. Ah, that place was such epic fun.

I have sorted myself into Ravenclaw so I'd be in the same house as Elizabeth and Kate? I approve of this plan. (Keller is much younger than I am so we wouldn't be there at the same time. I also approve of this plan.)
                              *snickers*

YES! I like all plans that use the whole population of Atlantis well.
                              Me, too.

I have a fic idea of my own, based by some real life stuff. It involves John (the math one) beating Elizabeth (the language one) at Scrabble. Can anyone guess where this idea came from?
                              The moment I read that, I started thinking Strip Scrabble. Must be my brain keying into Smutty Tuesday a little early.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Halloween night! This kitty is now off to bed and some pleasant Sparky dreams!

Comment

Spoiler:

or

and

You said it my dear. Good actors who could convey a whole array of emotions. What Joe said about her being his boss just backs up the "protocol" scene. Ethics seemed very important to him, but he sure didn't mind hinting at it.

Huh? What? Why you glaring at me?
                                I'm glaring at you because you are mathgirl and I'm not.

Is this the one where mathgirl gloats over beating wordgirl? Mr. SR kindly explained to me that Scabble has very little to do with words but more with strategy and being able to see patterns. So once again the math people will most likely win. *pokes tongue out*

Done with Trick or Treat and making our offerings to the Costumed Child-Gremlins for another year. We must've had around 120-150 kids show up; that's not much compared to some neighborhoods, but it's about average for us. The two things most commented on were our jack-o-lanterns and the strangely pervasive scent of smoky cinnamon (courtesy of some well-placed incense sticks; I'll have to try that again next year!). Good times!

And I'm glad to hear you're doing a little better with the sinuses.

Zero Point Snark! I ought to go back and reread that comm sometime soon. Ah, that place was such epic fun.

*snickers*

Me, too.

The moment I read that, I started thinking Strip Scrabble. Must be my brain keying into Smutty Tuesday a little early.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Halloween night! This kitty is now off to bed and some pleasant Sparky dreams!
                                120-150? Whoa! We had about 30, which was a few more than usual. When the ones who look like they drove themselves and had to shave before putting on the costumes show up, we turn off the lights. This is the advantage of living on a dead end on a small street.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X