No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And a new one. I have a feeling there will be more of these.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! Kind of ironic that the two coincide this year; we got a real trick as far as canon is concerned.

mandogater, your little ficlet is awesome! Methinks FH will definitely like it! As to the Sparky side of things... ah, poor John. Whumped by a flower.

Kris, I'm still hoping for good news on your notebook. *hugs* But the pics are fabulous (you will be posting more of them, right?) and I'm glad you had a great time at the con, even if the organization was really shaky. And I hope you'll have as much fun when you come out here in a couple of weeks!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      That looks like a really fun con. Even if they hadn't talked about Sparky, it looks like they'd be a blast to watch.

Anyway, do any of you who remember way back like 18 months or so ago now, I once made a reference that "Sparky" reminds me of Transformers, and the concept in Transformers fiction known as "sparks," which functions sort of as some manner of amalgamation of Transformers' hearts and souls? Well now that I have learned how to timestamp YouTube videos, I can show you what I was thinking.

It's kinda funny because, to be fair, any real connection is extremely tenuous and I only really noticed because I'm a big fan of both.

But honestly I feel like the last half of this 30 second dream sequence explanation somehow captures the emotions of Sparky's run on the show extremely well in a microcosm.

If I ever learn how to edit together video tributes, I'm totally going to try include the audio of the last 15 seconds into some sort of John and Elizabeth video.

Funnily enough, I remember watching a panel at a convention from 2006 with several of the voice actors from that show talking about how good the writing was. One of them actually mentioned that really great shows exist when the writers "lose a little bit of ego" and collaborate with the actors.

Hows that for tying it all back to the start of conversation?
      LOL! See, even animated shows get it better! That's classic! That is a really fantastic video, by the way, and it totally proves that we can find links to Sparky anywhere.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      That was adorable. FH is going to squee her brains out.

Thanks to Kris for the report and the pics. We have been using them shamelessly. Can't wait for all the details.

This con just shows that, after all this time, the chemistry between these two is still there. I really really wish they could do something else together. They just look like they are so delighted to see each other. I wonder if they had time to discuss any political issues.

I think today we need this one.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...tor6611456.jpg
      Ohhh yeah. An oldie, but a goodie.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...688e415cc3.jpg
      Yep! And maybe some using some of the shots where they look goofy.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Yep! And maybe some using some of the shots where they look goofy.
        You mean like this one. I need a good tag line though.

sigpic

Comment

You mean like this one. I need a good tag line though.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ad77abede2.jpg
          AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Now that's what I'm talking about! I think the tag line is perfect.

ETA: Oh wait, you're talking about the smaller text that goes below the big headline. Hmm... something about the fangirls, maybe?
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
            Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've been here but had to come here for some info on Joe and Torri's latest convention appearance. And now since nobody else posted this yet, I will. I asked AnnCarters on Twitter what Joe and Torri said about Sparky and this is what she kindly wrote back:

Torri and Joe rule! CANON BABY! Mad crush is totally how you'd interpret the way she looked at him in their scenes. And, yes Joe, you both did make it look so good. Great weekend for Sparky fans! *goes back to lurkedom*
            OH MY GOD CELCOOL!!!! OH MY GOD!!!! HEY YOU!!!! My very first Spary friend, oh my God!!! How are you? So glad to see you, even if you're simply stopping by. How kind of you to come over here and tell us this!
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Matching colors! I'l gonna die right here. Seriously guys, my last two days were too busy and completely crappy. This made it ALL BETTER.

Comment

*tackle hug* Helloooooo! Welcome back. Leave it to SparkyCon to bring old friends back around. Thanks for the post.

Have you been reading the posts? Just scroll back up to FH's long post where she tells us all about the con and how a guy pretended to propose to Torri.

They both really do enjoy teasing us, don't they? If there had been no thoughts about this ship, they wouldn't be so quick to have an answer to every Sparky question. It was teased, that's for sure. They admit that much. Too bad TPTB didn't want to figure out a way to make it work.
                I can tell you what I'm reading between the lines from these con reports and their answers to sparky questions. Both Joe and Torri are intelligent people and smart actors whos aw the possibility. I think they had fun playing up moments that would ahve looked flat between two less talented performers. Their answers clearly show that they were all very aware what was going on; from two of them to third camera man and that guy bringing the sandwiches. I don't know if that makes this ship canon ( Seriously? I am tired of replaying that old track, and I don't need any proof considering how stupid PTB were. I prefer having what we have, and these two adorable people, than a lamely written canonic ship that ends up like McKeller.) but we know fair and square we didn't imagine anything. If we did, then I suppose Torri, joe and Paul did as well.

Oh and the sandwich guy did too.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  I can tell you what I'm reading between the lines from these con reports and their answers to sparky questions. Both Joe and Torri are intelligent people and smart actors whos aw the possibility. I think they had fun playing up moments that would ahve looked flat between two less talented performers. Their answers clearly show that they were all very aware what was going on; from two of them to third camera man and that guy bringing the sandwiches. I don't know if that makes this ship canon ( Seriously? I am tired of replaying that old track, and I don't need any proof considering how stupid PTB were. I prefer having what we have, and these two adorable people, than a lamely written canonic ship that ends up like McKeller.) but we know fair and square we didn't imagine anything. If we did, then I suppose Torri, joe and Paul did as well.

'Nuna is using my icon that I made. *squees and dances and squees some more* I'll do some more later. I've been busy today finalizing vacay plans for T'giving. Yes, I will be gone for 2 weeks but not always out of touch.

Your assessment is so very perfect. You can tell they are still having fun with it and so are we.

LOL on the sandwich guy. I'd also add the teamsters and the background actors that look half asleep some of the time.

sigpic

Comment

'Nuna is using my icon that I made. *squees and dances and squees some more* I'll do some more later. I've been busy today finalizing vacay plans for T'giving. Yes, I will be gone for 2 weeks but not always out of touch.

Your assessment is so very perfect. You can tell they are still having fun with it and so are we.

LOL on the sandwich guy. I'd also add the teamsters and the background actors that look half asleep some of the time.

LOL at the poster! Perfect tag!! (I was wondering if she was perhaps sniffing his hair to determine if he borrowed hair products from Paul).

I need to write craky-ish fic. Right now, before my muse decides to fall asleep again.

Thank you! I'm glad you have such high opinion on my assessment. I am a smart lady after all. Like i said, I am so over those canon - not - canon debates, I think this finally proves, once and for all, that people who played all these characters were aware of that special something between Weir and Sheppard. Including the actors who played them. Nobody can tell me I made it up, period. If you don't liek it (not you, but people in general), go suck a lemon. Torri, Joe and Paul just proved you wrong. Neener neener.

On here's an interesting bit my LJ friend Vicky just posted - Torri said that the first signature on the petition not to remover her from SGA is Joe's. I just have no words for that - and I mean it in a positive way. That's just so gorgeous and amazing. He's my hero forever, period.

Comment

Oh, BTW SR, I am LOVING my new icon! Do make more!

Comment

LOL at the poster! Perfect tag!! (I was wondering if she was perhaps sniffing his hair to determine if he borrowed hair products from Paul).

I need to write craky-ish fic. Right now, before my muse decides to fall asleep again.

Thank you! I'm glad you have such high opinion on my assessment. I am a smart lady after all. Like i said, I am so over those canon - not - canon debates, I think this finally proves, once and for all, that people who played all these characters were aware of that special something between Weir and Sheppard. Including the actors who played them. Nobody can tell me I made it up, period. If you don't liek it (not you, but people in general), go suck a lemon. Torri, Joe and Paul just proved you wrong. Neener neener.

On here's an interesting bit my LJ friend Vicky just posted - Torri said that the first signature on the petition not to remover her from SGA is Joe's. I just have no words for that - and I mean it in a positive way. That's just so gorgeous and amazing. He's my hero forever, period.
                        That is just amazing. He is so supportive of his friends. What a big heart he has.

I was just over on Twitter. I am surprised that "Sparky" is not trending over there. LOL I don't know who all these people are but I'm glad they share our squee.

Working on the icons, but they involve math so...um...maybe tomorrow. *glares at JT-2* I forgot the system I used to do that one. Sigh. Anybody else who wants to try some, you do 120x120 pixels.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          Loving all the con reports Everything seems to have been covered fairly well. As has been pointed out, I'm a details man, so what I want to know is .....

Spoiler:

.... are they bathing together?
                          Spoiler:
                          Sorry, Kate's back in her quarter's. Had to keep it PG to post it here.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

That was adorable. FH is going to squee her brains out.

Thanks to Kris for the report and the pics. We have been using them shamelessly. Can't wait for all the details.

This con just shows that, after all this time, the chemistry between these two is still there. I really really wish they could do something else together. They just look like they are so delighted to see each other. I wonder if they had time to discuss any political issues.
                            Thanks, I hope she likes it.

*Waves to Kris* Loved the pics.

I agree, Joe and Torri really need to do another project together in the future. Chemistry that good shouldn't be wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              mandogater, your little ficlet is awesome! Methinks FH will definitely like it! As to the Sparky side of things... ah, poor John. Whumped by a flower.
                              Thanks. I just realized I ended up tweeking an Orginial Star Trek plot a bit with this one, but hey what ever works. I just hope I don't send FH into thunker overload.

Comment

*glomps Anuna* Sparky is on screen, therefore, it's canon. That's all we need to know.

Oh, and don't forget the makeup gal!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...e7bf3921f6.jpg
                                OMG, that's brilliant! Hey, maybe Woolsey put something in the cigars...

OMFG! You did not just say that! LMAO!

*dies ded of squee and awe*

*Ascends and bows in worship of Joe*

In Joe We Trust. Just sayin'.

That is just amazing. He is so supportive of his friends. What a big heart he has.

I was just over on Twitter. I am surprised that "Sparky" is not trending over there. LOL I don't know who all these people are but I'm glad they share our squee.

Working on the icons, but they involve math so...um...maybe tomorrow. *glares at JT-2* I forgot the system I used to do that one. Sigh. Anybody else who wants to try some, you do 120x120 pixels.
                                Yeah, you'd think the traffic from the con would've broken Twitter... I think we've got to use hashtags to get things trending. We'll have to work on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X