Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    They failed. Carter should've been in Ellis's place, then taken command after Weir was injured. They should have argued about sending Weir on that mission (Carter against it, obviously, because of her personal experience with the replicators and the fact that Weir was a civilian). They should have tried some sort of rescue mission prior to a delayed contact with Earth, even if it was only jumping back, scanning, then leaving. Nix the ending of BAMSR and exchange that for Mallozi's Weir in stasis idea, with another replicator (or even a copy of her) saying "let's begin". Even if they never picked up the storyline again, it would've been a bigger "holy ****, she's still alive" moment than they one they had.
    That would have been awesome!

Yep, Carson is one of the final five cylons. Oh, wait, wrong show, different plan

Good one!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I switched over to Firefox.
      Guess what? I fired up our PC, went to the SGARising site using IE and got a pop up from Norton telling me that our machine had 10 viruses! Then when Mr. SR came home and I asked him to check it out, it went away and he can't repeat it again. But he's going to do more research. It seems to be, like I said, malware that is hooking a ride into our computers. I'd advise everyone to not use IE and we'll see if he can find the answer. Anybody else who has the same problem, try to do a screen snapshot of the message and send it to me.

Originally posted by KayleeLiz View Post
      Hey there fellow Sparky shippers. I'm new to both the series, and the website, and just decided to stop by and say hi.
      HI! *waves* Welcome. You've come to the right place. How much have you watched? Tell us your thoughts so far about John and Elizabeth.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Well I'm too close to Rodney's own age for me to be shipped with him (snerk), so I'm out too.
        I wrote a crackfic once (Atlantis: The Movie) where they broke up because people kept mistaking him for her dad

I think ShipperWriter's going to have to be the one who stays.
        Maybe we can draw straws

That would have been awesome!
        Meh, there have been a lot of better ideas than that over the years. I continue to be surprised that they apparently didn't consider something like that, especially as it could've given them a shot at illustrating the differences between Weir and Carter.

Speaking of bad writing, I wrote this as part of a series of snapshots. This one is set during The Return. In true Mallozi style, I'm going to pimp this by saying it is set entirely in the bedroom. And there is no sleeping involved

Spoiler:

There was something different about this bed. John couldn’t put a finger on what exactly, but it didn’t feel right. Not uncomfortable, at least not too much, but he still couldn’t seem to nod off.

Instead, he lay awake, eyes open, staring at the ceiling. A lot had happened in the last couple of weeks. They’d found living breathing Ancients, who’d repaid them for their assistance by booting them out of Atlantis, their home for the last three years.

Three years. It may as well have been thirty. He’d been told, the few times he’d returned since they’d managed to reconnect with Earth, that he was a different man. He didn’t entirely believe that. After all, he certainly didn’t feel different. Well, maybe a little. Nobody could’ve lived through what they had and not be moulded by the experience.

Some nights, it played on his conscience. Shooting his CO on the first day wasn’t exactly how he’d imagined things playing out. Nobody had ever thought he’d be CO material, and perhaps he wasn’t entirely, but he’d stepped up and done the job to the best of his ability. In some ways, being back on Earth was a good thing. He still had his own team, he got to go through the gate every day, and his paperwork was cut in half. Sure, he didn’t get to see his ‘old’ colleagues as often – Ronon & Teyla not at all – but he had a lot less weight on his shoulders now. He wasn’t top dog here. He wasn’t even the only Lt Col – heck, SG-1 had two of them, both senior to him.

As far as CO’s went, General Landry wasn’t too bad. A bit too serious, but that was to be expected. He seemed to respect John, which was a pleasant change from CO’s he’d had in the past. He did have that weird thing with his eyes though. John could never tell whether he was surprised, angry, or had accidentally zatted himself. He’d mentioned this to Lt Col Carter, who said he’d get used to it in time, before she erupted hysterically with laughter. And then she did a weird one of her own whilst trying to regain her composure.

What was it with bosses and unusual facial expressions? Elizabeth might’ve been a little too expressive with her movements at times, but at least he was able to tell what she was thinking. Most of the time. He’d only misread her a couple of times, and that was in the early days. He’d made a note to pay more attention after that, and it paid off in what was probably the best working relationship he’d ever had. While Landry respected him, he didn’t think they’d achieve that level of closeness. Mind you, half the reason he paid so much attention to her facial expressions was because he daren’t look any lower. Those red shirts were figure hugging at the best of times, but the thought of what was underneath them was...dangerous.

On occasion, he’d entertained the thought of ‘something’ more between the two of them, but it was a hopeless thought. Wasn’t it? Bending her over her desk and dealing to her was probably every bit as exhilarating as it sounded, but it’d be a temporary thrill. And Lord knows, they’d been in short supply of those over the years. But it wouldn’t have ended there. Elizabeth wasn’t the type of girl you could have a casual fling with. Sure, he wanted to shag her six ways from Sunday. And those male nurses were, you know, a bit funny, but if it meant he could play Nurse to her Doctor, then he’d happily sign up for that. But at the same time, if things went sideways, as they’d always done in the past, then it could be a complete abortion. But what if it didn’t?

Hmmm, dangerous thoughts indeed. None of which would be getting John to sleep anytime soon. Perhaps it wasn’t the bed that was the problem?

sigpic

Comment

Hey there fellow Sparky shippers. I'm new to both the series, and the website, and just decided to stop by and say hi.
          How did I miss this before? Hi there! Nice to meet you!! Please stick around and jump in anytime.

I wrote a crackfic once (Atlantis: The Movie) where they broke up because people kept mistaking him for her dad
          LOL!!!!

Maybe we can draw straws

Meh, there have been a lot of better ideas than that over the years. I continue to be surprised that they apparently didn't consider something like that, especially as it could've given them a shot at illustrating the differences between Weir and Carter.

Speaking of bad writing, I wrote this as part of a series of snapshots. This one is set during The Return. In true Mallozi style, I'm going to pimp this by saying it is set entirely in the bedroom. And there is no sleeping involved

Spoiler:

There was something different about this bed. John couldn’t put a finger on what exactly, but it didn’t feel right. Not uncomfortable, at least not too much, but he still couldn’t seem to nod off.

Instead, he lay awake, eyes open, staring at the ceiling. A lot had happened in the last couple of weeks. They’d found living breathing Ancients, who’d repaid them for their assistance by booting them out of Atlantis, their home for the last three years.

Three years. It may as well have been thirty. He’d been told, the few times he’d returned since they’d managed to reconnect with Earth, that he was a different man. He didn’t entirely believe that. After all, he certainly didn’t feel different. Well, maybe a little. Nobody could’ve lived through what they had and not be moulded by the experience.

Some nights, it played on his conscience. Shooting his CO on the first day wasn’t exactly how he’d imagined things playing out. Nobody had ever thought he’d be CO material, and perhaps he wasn’t entirely, but he’d stepped up and done the job to the best of his ability. In some ways, being back on Earth was a good thing. He still had his own team, he got to go through the gate every day, and his paperwork was cut in half. Sure, he didn’t get to see his ‘old’ colleagues as often – Ronon & Teyla not at all – but he had a lot less weight on his shoulders now. He wasn’t top dog here. He wasn’t even the only Lt Col – heck, SG-1 had two of them, both senior to him.

As far as CO’s went, General Landry wasn’t too bad. A bit too serious, but that was to be expected. He seemed to respect John, which was a pleasant change from CO’s he’d had in the past. He did have that weird thing with his eyes though. John could never tell whether he was surprised, angry, or had accidentally zatted himself. He’d mentioned this to Lt Col Carter, who said he’d get used to it in time, before she erupted hysterically with laughter. And then she did a weird one of her own whilst trying to regain her composure.

What was it with bosses and unusual facial expressions? Elizabeth might’ve been a little too expressive with her movements at times, but at least he was able to tell what she was thinking. Most of the time. He’d only misread her a couple of times, and that was in the early days. He’d made a note to pay more attention after that, and it paid off in what was probably the best working relationship he’d ever had. While Landry respected him, he didn’t think they’d achieve that level of closeness. Mind you, half the reason he paid so much attention to her facial expressions was because he daren’t look any lower. Those red shirts were figure hugging at the best of times, but the thought of what was underneath them was...dangerous.

On occasion, he’d entertained the thought of ‘something’ more between the two of them, but it was a hopeless thought. Wasn’t it? Bending her over her desk and dealing to her was probably every bit as exhilarating as it sounded, but it’d be a temporary thrill. And Lord knows, they’d been in short supply of those over the years. But it wouldn’t have ended there. Elizabeth wasn’t the type of girl you could have a casual fling with. Sure, he wanted to shag her six ways from Sunday. And those male nurses were, you know, a bit funny, but if it meant he could play Nurse to her Doctor, then he’d happily sign up for that. But at the same time, if things went sideways, as they’d always done in the past, then it could be a complete abortion. But what if it didn’t?

Hmmm, dangerous thoughts indeed. None of which would be getting John to sleep anytime soon. Perhaps it wasn’t the bed that was the problem?

Oooh, very good!! That's not bad writing at all!

Comment

How did I miss this before? Hi there! Nice to meet you!! Please stick around and jump in anytime.
            It's the time delay with new users, it can be frustrating

Welcome to the thread. I hope you enjoy the series

LOL!!!!

Oooh, very good!! That's not bad writing at all!
            Falseadvertisingfalseadvertisingfalseadvertising. It was the only one of those I could post, the others have a bit more language than that one
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              What? You too. Mr. SR did his magic thing last night forJT-2. He thinks it's an outside site trying to hack into computers, like one of those Trojan viruses. Google the message you get and see what's up. If you use IE, switch to another browser.
              That sentence sounds really wrong, you know that?

Comment

Falseadvertisingfalseadvertisingfalseadvertising. It was the only one of those I could post, the others have a bit more language than that one
                *whispers LJ!! **

Comment

I just started season 2. And I'll admit it, I skipped ahead a little just so I could watch "The Long Goodbye"

My thoughts so far? I'm obsessed They already have me squealing "aww" at even the slightest flirty glance. Those two are more addictive than crack, I've already plowed my way through all of the stories on FFN...
                  "It seems to me that the best relationships, the ones that last, are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with."
                  -Dana Scully

Comment

Oooh! Welcome, KayleeLiz! Find a comfy seat, have a mojito and some red velvet cake, and enjoy our unique blend of insanity!

They failed. Carter should've been in Ellis's place, then taken command after Weir was injured. They should have argued about sending Weir on that mission (Carter against it, obviously, because of her personal experience with the replicators and the fact that Weir was a civilian). They should have tried some sort of rescue mission prior to a delayed contact with Earth, even if it was only jumping back, scanning, then leaving. Nix the ending of BAMSR and exchange that for Mallozi's Weir in stasis idea, with another replicator (or even a copy of her) saying "let's begin". Even if they never picked up the storyline again, it would've been a bigger "holy ****, she's still alive" moment than they one they had.
                    I agree with JT-2; that would've been awesome! And I wouldn't say that there are better ideas out there, they're just different. Yours would've worked incredibly well.

Yep, Carson is one of the final five cylons. Oh, wait, wrong show, different plan
                    Besides which, Carson isn't a Cylon. But Elizabeth is.

What? Hey, they're all frakkin' toasters!

Kate was highly competent and used correctly, although for some reason they created situations that required her presence more after they killed her off.
                    The irony of which still ticks me off.

No kidding! And played up Carter's own past history with the Replicators; Amanda Tapping could've kicked ass with scenes where Carter's all introspective about just how close she came to suffering Weir's fate, when Carter was facing down Fifth. And then there's Repli!Carter. *shivers*

Spoiler:

Bad writing, my butt! That's fantastic! JT-2's right, by the way, you can always post the rest on LJ.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Bingo. First and foremost, television is a business. It's not a personal playground for producers, stars, or fans. It's a business. And Rule #1 of any successful business is: Give your customers what they want and don't piss them off. Stargate's PTW failed that test and from the looks of things, they've also failed to learn any lessons from that failure.

Well, except for those who appreciate good fanfiction that doesn't lobotomize the characters and respects canon history while still moving stories forward to their logical conclusion, that is.

I have to give credit where credit is do. I was using a Methos line from an episode of Highlander: The Series.

I have to agree. TPTW never seemed to learn from their mistakes or to listen, did they?
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Welcome aboard the good ship Sparky, KalyeeLiz!! Stick around and join the fun.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Ah, the Washington Manoeuvre

*whispers LJ!! **
                          I have to copy the rest onto this computer. By hand. I may be a while, considering the amount of tweaking that the other sections need, and the other stuff I have to do today. No rush though

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Oooh! Welcome, KayleeLiz! Find a comfy seat, have a mojito and some red velvet cake, and enjoy our unique blend of insanity!

I agree with JT-2; that would've been awesome! And I wouldn't say that there are better ideas out there, they're just different. Yours would've worked incredibly well.
                          I probably would've been pissed off at the end of it though, especially if the last shot we ever saw of Elizabeth was of her in a stasis pod, and the team not ever realising that she was still out there

Besides which, Carson isn't a Cylon. But Elizabeth is.

What? Hey, they're all frakkin' toasters!

The irony of which still ticks me off.
                          Even within the same ep, she could have found out why Rodney was scared of clowns in his dream when it was John who hated them, or why he was scared of whales when he'd been saved by one *shrugs*

No kidding! And played up Carter's own past history with the Replicators; Amanda Tapping could've kicked ass with scenes where Carter's all introspective about just how close she came to suffering Weir's fate, when Carter was facing down Fifth. And then there's Repli!Carter. *shivers*
                          Considering how valuable a prisoner Carter herself would've been (all the information about Earth and defence specs, as well as info about the Milky Way replicators), she'd have been both relieved and guilty that she didn't go herself.

Bad writing, my butt! That's fantastic! JT-2's right, by the way, you can always post the rest on LJ.
                          It's a work in progress. Which in all likelihood will never get finished
                          sigpic

Comment

Maybe we can draw straws

Spoiler:

That was great. You're really good at getting inside John's head.

I do now.

I just started season 2. And I'll admit it, I skipped ahead a little just so I could watch "The Long Goodbye"

My thoughts so far? I'm obsessed They already have me squealing "aww" at even the slightest flirty glance. Those two are more addictive than crack, I've already plowed my way through all of the stories on FFN...
                            It's easy to get addicted to them, isn't it? You have indeed been a busy beaver. Have you found the Command Dynamics site? I find the stories there are a bit higher quality than most of the FF.net fics. Not just because my own are there. Check out Anuna's and anybody else's who posts here also.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey guys

Sorry I've been MIA for so long. Real life has been such an pain in the a** lately, and been so busy especially now that I am an official High School Senior and will be graduating in May 2012. Hating the usual mountain loads of homework that I have to deal with everyday. I cannot afford to mess up this year because this is my last chance at redemptation.

Other than the usual constant stress of school I have been getting myself invested with other shows like getting back into Smallville and been watching Eureka, Vampire Diaries, Nikita, and just recently Sarah Michelle Geller's new show Ringer and with just one episode has me hooked. I have been investing myself into new Ships like: Chloe and Oliver (Smallville); Elana and Damon, Bonnie and Jeremy, Tyler and Caroline (Vampire Diaries); Jack Carter and Alison Blake (Eureka); Michael and Nikita (Nikita). My top two favorite ships listed above is Chloe and Oliver from Smallville and Jack and Alison from Eureka because these two ships remind me of Sparky the most in so many ways.

During the first half of Smallville in Season 10 when Chloe sacraficed herself to save Oliver then faked her death while Oliver looked and tried to find her reminded me of Season 4 with Elizabeth sacraficed herself to save the team with John tried to set up a rescue mission but was denied. Oliver reminded me of John because he was lost without Chloe and just wasn't the same sarcastic, funny, fun loving guy he was like how John became all dark when he lost Elizabeth. Also like when Tess Mercer took Chloe's place as Watchtower like how Carter and then Woolsey took Elizabeth's place as leader of Atlantis. What I would've liked to see was John struggling to accept Carter as his new leader like how Oliver struggled, fought, and argued with Tess being the new Watchtower.

The big difference was that when Chloe returned and her and Oliver picked up where they left off at and gotten married and in the future where they had a cute little blonde kid together where he had his toy bow and arrow like his father. Chloe and Oliver were endgame and had a happy ending that made me cry with happiness.

Another ship that reminded me of Sparky is Jack Carter and Alison Blake from Eureka because of their job positions in Eureka with Alison being the head of GD with Jack being the town's sheriff and protector of the town like how Elizabeth was the head of Atlantis with John as the second command and hero of Atlantis.

What I would've liked to see of how John and Elizabeth could've got together like how Jack and Alison finally got together in season 4 and how their relationship has progressed in season 5. Their relationship was tested because of their postions and after those two episodes that had me on edge were finally granted permission to be together by the higher up people who funded GD. I would've liked to see something familiar with that by John and Elizabeth being tested by the IOA regarding their relationship and at first being denied but continued fighting for their relationship until the IOA eventually give their blessing for them to be together.

Again the big difference is that I am 99.9% positive that Jack and Alison will be endgame by the time that Eureka will be over and will have a happy ending like Chloe and Oliver in Smallville.

Just want to give my thoughts to this. So anyway, see you guys later

Comment

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
                                Hey guys

Sorry I've been MIA for so long. Real life has been such an pain in the a** lately, and been so busy especially now that I am an official High School Senior and will be graduating in May 2012. Hating the usual mountain loads of homework that I have to deal with everyday. I cannot afford to mess up this year because this is my last chance at redemptation.

Other than the usual constant stress of school I have been getting myself invested with other shows like getting back into Smallville and been watching Eureka, Vampire Diaries, Nikita, and just recently Sarah Michelle Geller's new show Ringer and with just one episode has me hooked. I have been investing myself into new Ships like: Chloe and Oliver (Smallville); Elana and Damon, Bonnie and Jeremy, Tyler and Caroline (Vampire Diaries); Jack Carter and Alison Blake (Eureka); Michael and Nikita (Nikita). My top two favorite ships listed above is Chloe and Oliver from Smallville and Jack and Alison from Eureka because these two ships remind me of Sparky the most in so many ways.

During the first half of Smallville in Season 10 when Chloe sacraficed herself to save Oliver then faked her death while Oliver looked and tried to find her reminded me of Season 4 with Elizabeth sacraficed herself to save the team with John tried to set up a rescue mission but was denied. Oliver reminded me of John because he was lost without Chloe and just wasn't the same sarcastic, funny, fun loving guy he was like how John became all dark when he lost Elizabeth. Also like when Tess Mercer took Chloe's place as Watchtower like how Carter and then Woolsey took Elizabeth's place as leader of Atlantis. What I would've liked to see was John struggling to accept Carter as his new leader like how Oliver struggled, fought, and argued with Tess being the new Watchtower.

The big difference was that when Chloe returned and her and Oliver picked up where they left off at and gotten married and in the future where they had a cute little blonde kid together where he had his toy bow and arrow like his father. Chloe and Oliver were endgame and had a happy ending that made me cry with happiness.

Another ship that reminded me of Sparky is Jack Carter and Alison Blake from Eureka because of their job positions in Eureka with Alison being the head of GD with Jack being the town's sheriff and protector of the town like how Elizabeth was the head of Atlantis with John as the second command and hero of Atlantis.

What I would've liked to see of how John and Elizabeth could've got together like how Jack and Alison finally got together in season 4 and how their relationship has progressed in season 5. Their relationship was tested because of their postions and after those two episodes that had me on edge were finally granted permission to be together by the higher up people who funded GD. I would've liked to see something familiar with that by John and Elizabeth being tested by the IOA regarding their relationship and at first being denied but continued fighting for their relationship until the IOA eventually give their blessing for them to be together.

Again the big difference is that I am 99.9% positive that Jack and Alison will be endgame by the time that Eureka will be over and will have a happy ending like Chloe and Oliver in Smallville.

Just want to give my thoughts to this. So anyway, see you guys later
                                Hi, and welcome back. I don't watch Smallville, but your analysis of the Jack/Alison ship is food for thought. I have never thought they have much romantic chemistry, so I don't ship them. However, I must admit I'll look at them differently from now on. Just shows that we Sparkies can also look at things quite differently and be objective.

Hope your school year goes well.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X