Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Looks like there's two more storms coming in ... Hurricane Katia is out in the Atlantic and if it doesn't start moving north, I might be out of school/work next week. Another system is jsut sitting over the Gulf of Mexico, but it's starting to circulate, and if it does then we might have another storm. One from both sides -- gotta love living on a huge peninsula!

Started writing "Four Days" -- aka, "What happens in Atlantis when the power goes out". It seems plausible, but I'm no expert on the generators and the ZPM, so I'm taking a few liberties. But if it means Elizabeth gets to see John without a shirt because of a lack of A/C, you bet your bottom dollar I'm gonna do it.

Anyhow, after school detention is done! Heading to Starbucks, then going to change and go take a long walk over a tall bridge and get some exercise. If it doesn't rain, that is.

Have a good morning/afternoon/night!
    That sounds great. I thought about trying to write the power outage fic, but I don't have a clue how to handle the science. Can't wait to read it mainly for the shirtless John part.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Just had another virus attack stopped while trying to get on SGA Rising. Both times I'd just got on the site and the warning message came up in the corner saying an attack was stopped. Pretty much whenever that has happened in the past, I always run the most intense scan Norton has available and find nothing. Maybe I'm just being my paronoid computer illiterate self.
    Kris is working on it. I hope the virus isn't on our site.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

mandogater -- check your inbox. *thumbs up*
      All the talk about BBQ a couple days ago and a very pesky plot bunny finally got me to try my had at fanfic. And with a little help from SW, I finally feel brave enough to post it here. Please be gentle.

Thanks again SW!!!

Spoiler:
      BBQ, Atlantis Style

Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard was in heaven. Not only had SG-1 just successfully blocked the Ori super gate and taken out a hive ship in the process but Elizabeth had approved his idea for a monthly barbeque. Elizabeth even promised to join them on the mainland just as soon as she finished the pile of paperwork on her desk.

Once John had gotten the okay from Elizabeth he went straight to Atlantis’ new chef, Chief Petty Officer Laura La Rue. The diminutive Cajun practically started jumping up and down like a little kid with excitement and promised a real Cajun feast. Apparently, La Rue had plenty of pull in procurement and had managed to get all the ingredients for her grandmother’s world famous jambalaya sent with the monthly supplies along with other secret ingredients she refused to divulge.

Now Sheppard was emerging from the waves of Lantia’s ocean, surfboard in hand and heading for the grill Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell had volunteered to man for the festivities.

“I really have to hand it to you, Sheppard,” began Mitchell. “The city was amazing but the views on this beach put it to shame.”

“And Vala has even stopped trying to drive me crazy,” said Dr. Daniel Jackson as he walked up to the pair, beer in hand. “Where is she, anyway?”

“She’s over there learning about beach volleyball,” said Mitchell.

As the trio looked off to their left they did indeed see Vala Mal Doran, Teyla and several of the Athosians clustered around Dr. Kate Heightmeyer as she explained the rules of the beach volleyball game that was going on in front of them. Sheppard had to do a double take before he realized it was Dr. Heightmeyer. He couldn’t remember seeing her in anything but an Atlantis uniform, but here she was in a bikini, laughing and having the time of her life.

“I would considering hiding if I were you, Dr. Jackson,” advised Sheppard. “Lt. Cadman’s partner, Dr. De Silva, just missed out representing Brazil at the 2004 Olympics. Those two Odyssey technicians will be no match for them.”

“Thanks for the warning, Colonel,” said a grateful Dr. Jackson. “I’ll see you later, Mitchell.”

Cameron couldn’t help but laugh out loud before going back to flipping burgers.

“Don’t you dare burn that food,” ordered Chief La Rue as she passed them headed for the crawfish boil she had set up near by. “If you do, you’ll be swimming back to Atlantis to get more, sir.”

“She’ll do it too, Mitchell,” laughed Sheppard. “We learned very quickly to never mess with the Cookin’ Cajun.”

“And don’t you forget it,” came the chef’s laughing response.

As Mitchell continued to flip burgers, an extremely content Sheppard checked out the rest of the festivities.

The predicted quick end to the beach volleyball game came and Vala went off in search of ’her Daniel.’ Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter and Dr. Radek Zalenka were both laughing hysterically at something a very unhappy looking Dr. Rodney McKay had said. Ronon Dex was taking to football like a fish to water if his hit on Major Evan Lorne was any indication.

“Looking for me, John,” called out Elizabeth.

Once John found the source of Elizabeth’s voice, he lost all capacity for rational thought. A positively beaming Elizabeth Weir was walking towards him in an elegant one-piece bathing suit in her signature red.

“This really was a great idea,” said Elizabeth once she reached John.

Yes indeed, John Sheppard was in heaven.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
        We had over 500,000 homes without power. Long Islanders were about to litterally lash out against LIPA.....but they are working on it.

The highlight of my Irene experience is I went outside the morning Irene Hit while it was still windy and Rainy with the pug and screamed KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYAAAAAAA at the top of my lungs like John did in "The Storm" I probably woke up everyone on my block....

Oh btw I saw a truck that said MISTER SPARKY I howled in laughter.
        ROTFLMAO!!! You are too much TLM!!! Glad your power finally came back on.

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!! You are too much TLM!!! Glad your power finally came back on.
          Couldn't resist the scene around me was too tempting and thank you =D
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

All the talk about BBQ a couple days ago and a very pesky plot bunny finally got me to try my had at fanfic. And with a little help from SW, I finally feel brave enough to post it here. Please be gentle.

Thanks again SW!!!

Spoiler:
            BBQ, Atlantis Style

<very lazy snip >
            More... pretty please???? I loved this, I miss being able to write like this
            sigpic
            Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

ShipperWriter and Madness reigns - very lovely new sigs!

SK - So glad your room is coming along so well!

TLM - Glad you survived the storm too. Being without electricity really stinks!

Thanks again SW!!!

Spoiler:
              BBQ, Atlantis Style

Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard was in heaven. Not only had SG-1 just successfully blocked the Ori super gate and taken out a hive ship in the process but Elizabeth had approved his idea for a monthly barbeque. Elizabeth even promised to join them on the mainland just as soon as she finished the pile of paperwork on her desk.

Once John had gotten the okay from Elizabeth he went straight to Atlantis’ new chef, Chief Petty Officer Laura La Rue. The diminutive Cajun practically started jumping up and down like a little kid with excitement and promised a real Cajun feast. Apparently, La Rue had plenty of pull in procurement and had managed to get all the ingredients for her grandmother’s world famous jambalaya sent with the monthly supplies along with other secret ingredients she refused to divulge.

Now Sheppard was emerging from the waves of Lantia’s ocean, surfboard in hand and heading for the grill Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell had volunteered to man for the festivities.

“I really have to hand it to you, Sheppard,” began Mitchell. “The city was amazing but the views on this beach put it to shame.”

“And Vala has even stopped trying to drive me crazy,” said Dr. Daniel Jackson as he walked up to the pair, beer in hand. “Where is she, anyway?”

As the trio looked off to their left they did indeed see Vala Mal Doran, Teyla and several of the Athosians clustered around Dr. Kate Heightmeyer as she explained the rules of the beach volleyball game that was going on in front of them. Sheppard had to do a double take before he realized it was Dr. Heightmeyer. He couldn’t remember seeing her in anything but an Atlantis uniform, but here she was in a bikini, laughing and having the time of her life.

“I would considering hiding if I were you, Dr. Jackson,” advised Sheppard. “Lt. Cadman’s partner, Dr. De Silva, just missed out representing Brazil at the 2004 Olympics. Those two Odyssey technicians will be no match for them.”

“Thanks for the warning, Colonel,” said a grateful Dr. Jackson. “I’ll see you later, Mitchell.”

“Don’t you dare burn that food,” ordered Chief La Rue as she passed them headed for the crawfish boil she had set up near by. “If you do, you’ll be swimming back to Atlantis to get more, sir.”

“She’ll do it too, Mitchell,” laughed Sheppard. “We learned very quickly to never mess with the Cookin’ Cajun.”

As Mitchell continued to flip burgers, an extremely content Sheppard checked out the rest of the festivities.

The predicted quick end to the beach volleyball game came and Vala went off in search of ’her Daniel.’ Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter and Dr. Radek Zalenka were both laughing hysterically at something a very unhappy looking Dr. Rodney McKay had said. Ronon Dex was taking to football like a fish to water if his hit on Major Evan Lorne was any indication.

Once John found the source of Elizabeth’s voice, he lost all capacity for rational thought. A positively beaming Elizabeth Weir was walking towards him in an elegant one-piece bathing suit in her signature red.

This was awesome!!!

I think there's a line in there that's gonna make FH go *thud*. Very great story!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                I think there's a line in there that's gonna make FH go *thud*. Very great story!!
                It should have come with a big fat warning... ... -> ...
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  My system is still scanning. Good grief.

I think whatever this thing is it's some kind of phishing scam because it actually throws me to another website. I don't have a chance to do anything before it does. Usually something that throws you like that is looking for you to input some information. In this case, I'll bet if I went along with it, it would want me to buy some kind of virus protection program.

ETA: Hackers NEED TO GET A LIFE!!!
                  Last edited by Irish Eyes; 01 September 2011, 03:10 PM. Reason: Hackers are freakin' annoying
                  sigpic
                  sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

was coming home and i saw a store named Sheppard's heart (actually it was called Shepherd's heart) but i still thought of John Sheppard and his big ole heart one that has broken many a time by the loss of elizabeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      It should have come with a big fat warning... ... -> ...
                      Sorry about that! Next time I'll remember to send you some smelling salts before I post a fic.

Now to add everything else I tried to post a minute ago but wasn't able to because I can't get reply to thread to work for me.

TLM, you are welcome very much.

Madness reigns, that fic may be a one time thing. I have a massive crossover fic I've been playing with. I was on a roll about a week ago but my muse has left without giving me a forwarding address. Other than that little drabble, I've only been able to stare at the computer screen and pull whats left of my hair out.

Thanks JT-2, I couldn't stop myself from putting that bit in. Once that image was in my head I knew I had to write it and hope I didn't kill our favorite little lemming.
                      Last edited by mandogater; 01 September 2011, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks again SW!!!

Spoiler:
                        BBQ, Atlantis Style

Awww, that was just adorable. I can see John grinning now. Good job.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                        My system is still scanning. Good grief.

I think whatever this thing is it's some kind of phishing scam because it actually throws me to another website. I don't have a chance to do anything before it does. Usually something that throws you like that is looking for you to input some information. In this case, I'll bet if I went along with it, it would want me to buy some kind of virus protection program.

ETA: Hackers NEED TO GET A LIFE!!!
                        Sheesh. I hope we haven't been hacked. But it wouldn't surprise me.
                        sigpic

Comment

That sounds great. I thought about trying to write the power outage fic, but I don't have a clue how to handle the science. Can't wait to read it mainly for the shirtless John part.

Yeah, I went and got my $2 iced mocha at Starbucks after work, and researched StargateWikia for a hour. Came up with some pretty good notes about everything. I'm almost finished, I think I can post it before I go to bed.

Thanks again SW!!!

Spoiler:
                          BBQ, Atlantis Style

*claps* YAY!!! And you're welcome!!!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          ShipperWriter and Madness reigns - very lovely new sigs!

SK - So glad your room is coming along so well!

TLM - Glad you survived the storm too. Being without electricity really stinks!
                          Thank you, thank you!

Eek, after all this talk about SGARising.com giving everyone so many problems, I'm afraid to go over there! Has "First Year" been posted yet, or are we still happily, patiently waiting?
                          Last edited by ShipperWriter; 01 September 2011, 05:26 PM. Reason: It just looked wrong when I first posted it. :O

Comment

Yeah, I went and got my $2 iced mocha at Starbucks after work, and researched StargateWikia for a hour. Came up with some pretty good notes about everything. I'm almost finished, I think I can post it before I go to bed.

*claps* YAY!!! And you're welcome!!!

Thank you, thank you!

Eek, after all this talk about SGARising.com giving everyone so many problems, I'm afraid to go over there! Has "First Year" been posted yet, or are we still happily, patiently waiting?
                            We're still waiting, maybe just not as happily as before.
                            sigpic

Comment

We're still waiting, maybe just not as happily as before.
                              Oh. Sorry.

Well, here's a little something to cheer you up!

"Four Days" -- what would happen if the power went out on Atlantis for four days?

All the technical jargon and facts are from Stargate Wikia, which is a pretty stinkin' awesome resource for writers!

Spoiler: John and Elizabeth get nekkid after the end of it.

Spoiler:
                              Four days.

Four days without her computer. Four days without any alarms to wake everyone up in the morning. Four days without any decent hot meals.

Four days since the coffee pot had made its last batch of coffee.

Dr. Elizabeth Weir wondered if this was hell.

She sat in her office gloomily. The sunlight provided enough light during the day, but seeing as how it had set almost an hour ago the only illumination at this hour was provided by a meditation candle that Teyla had lent her. The pile of papers had somehow bloated during that time and without her laptop, she was back to hand writing personnel evaluations.

That mixed with the coffee withdrawal was enough to make her loose it.

Dr. Rodney McKay had tried to explain at a staff meeting four days ago why using the specific set of solar panels hidden in an Ancient lab was crucially beneficial to helping power the City of Atlantis. Using his eccentric language, he made it sound like they were also capable of recharging the Zero Point Modules that provided the City with its power.

A distant memory of Rodney explaining how useful they were for recharging an electric golf cart came to mind, but she all too quickly dismissed it.

Too quickly, it seemed.

Blowing up part of a solar system was still on top of his list of mistakes; nevertheless, this was a close tie.

It turned out that after the solar panels were connected to the power grid, they overloaded one of the main power conduits that directly supplied power to the central tower. After a team was dispatched to the ZPM room to examine their main source of power, they determined that the ZPM had not been affected in any way. The Mark II naquadah generators were still online, but with the damage done to the power conduits they were close to overloading as they attempted to feed power through other lines which couldn’t handle the amount of energy trying to run through them.

The decision had been made to shut down the ZPM and the naquadah reactors to conserve power. Knowing the luck of this place, they were amazed that the Wraith or Replicators hadn’t launched a surprise attack on them in their vulnerable state. Thankfully, Rodney and Zelenka quickly found a temporary bypass for the shields and chair if the need arose.

So as they worked to restore complete power to Atlantis, the city lost its energy, and the people lost their minds.

Rodney had been the first to go, about 6 o’clock in the morning on this particular day. When Elizabeth had walked to his lab for a report, Radek Zelenka was the only one there, informing the expedition leader that Rodney had muttered something under his breath and marched out of his lab without another word, even leaving his beloved tablet behind.

When Colonel Sheppard finally found him, he was writing on one of the windows in his quarters in code, claiming to have found the cure for cancer.

After examining it, Zelenka sadly informed them that it wasn’t the miracle McKay alleged it was. It was the chemical ingredients for an epi-pen.

Elizabeth groaned as her eyes strained with the lack of light, signing off on the final file. With a satisfied smile, she leaned back and stretched in her chair, letting her body relax as the worries of the day began to fade.

Now she just had to make it back to her quarters without killing herself.

Picking up the candle, she walked out into the control room. “How is everything tonight?” she asked the technician on duty.

Chuck Campbell was leaning back in his chair, playing a game of cards atop the console with three other technicians. He glanced up at her, quickly looking back to the game. “Quiet and dark. Just like the last three nights,” he added.

She chuckled. “True.”

The control room was void of nonessential personnel. With the lack of power, they had established a curfew. If you were not on duty, it was decreed, you should remain in your quarters or bunk up with a nearby neighbor for the remainder of the power outage.

Thankfully, the weather was cooperating with their situation; they could open the windows at all times and enjoy the cool breezes, keeping the city at a reasonable temperature without everyone having to take extreme measures.

Such as stripping in the middle of a staff meeting.

As Elizabeth slowly made her way to her quarters, she recalled a particularly hot summer day last year when the ventilation had ceased working. Everyone was sweating so badly during the meeting, they eliminated all layers of clothing that were a hindrance.

For John, Rodney, and Ronan, that included shirts.

She didn’t mind when John and Ronan sat back down. When Rodney resumed speaking at the front table and was animatedly moving around, however, Elizabeth was seeing the “truffle-shuffle” from “The Goonies” in her mind’s eye.

Why did that have to be the movie that John had picked for movie night that week?

Just then, a phantom breeze blew down the corridor, removing the flame on her candle and rendering her completely blind.

She cursed silently.

As she rounded the corner to her room, she noticed a shadow standing on the other side of her door frame. She let out a sigh of relief as the eccentric hair was outlined in light from a nearby window at the top of the wall. “And how was your day, Colonel?” she asked in greeting, tilting her head at him as she set the candle on the ground.

John just shrugged and stuffed his hands into his pockets. “Busy.”

Elizabeth crossed her arms, glaring mischievously at him. “Busy? How so?”

A slight blush crept up his face. “I went surfing,” he admitted with a cringe.

Her only reprimand was, “And you didn’t take me with you?”

John swallowed, his Adam’s apple bobbing in the process. “I kinda thought you’d be busy running the place. Ya know.”

“There is no power. No missions. No Daedalus. There isn’t much to run at the moment,” she replied, letting her arms fall to her sides.

As her eyes adjusted to the light, his choice of clothes for the day became visible. He was wearing a black wet suit for a shirt, along with a black and blue pair of swim trunks. The pair of sandals on his feet completed the outfit.

She repressed a smirk, thankful that he couldn’t see her in the darkness. “So I assume you were just checking to make sure that I got to my quarters in one piece?”

John ran a hand nervously through his hair. “Uh, yeah. Unless you needed anything else?” he added, voice deepening as he spoke.

Her heart started racing. They had been toying with each other off and on for a few weeks now, and the tension kept increasing with every little flirtation. The tone of his voice made her want to pull him into the bedroom, closing the door behind her.

She promptly blinked the thought away and shook her head. “Um, no. I’m fine. I just … need a shower. Which will be cold,” she reflected after glancing at the non-existent lighting above their heads.

John smiled a little. “Or you could come take a swim with me?”

“John, it’s past sundown.”

“I can put the lights on from the pier.”

“What about sharks, or other sea animals?” she queried, opening the doors to her quarters.

He walked in behind her as she removed her shirt. As she heard an uncomfortable John clearing his throat behind her, she pivoted around, turning on the flashlight next to her bed. It showed the white camisole that she had been wearing underneath her red work shirt. She opened her drawers, telling him, “Let me grab some shorts.”

Even in the dark, she could hear the smirk in his voice. “No one’s gonna know what you’re wearing.”

She let out a laugh, then cleared her own throat, trying to erase any signs of awkwardness as she rifled through her clothes, finally finding a pair of short black shorts.

“Tell you what,” he said, stepping closer to her in the dim light, reaching for the zipper at the throat of his shirt. “If it’ll make you feel any better, I’ll leave my shirt here.” He reached for the hem and, in an all too easy move, his black shirt was lying on the floor next to Elizabeth and his tanned, yet white skin shone through the dark like a beacon. “That way,” he said, slowly pacing towards her, “I’ll be easier to grab when you think you see a shark.”

One corner of her mouth tilted upwards. “Why leave your shirt here? Why not take it with you? After all, your quarters are half the distance to mine from the pier.”

“What, you didn’t know?” he asked, giving her his best puppy dog eyes. “The hallways of Atlantis are haunted at night when the power goes out. Legend has it that a scientist whose parents were gender confused when they named him will roam the corridors at night, looking for innocent victims.”

As she found herself giving in, following John to the pier for a late night swim, and returning to her quarters with her hands buried in his hair, his lips hot on hers, she reflected that maybe Rodney wasn’t such a horrible person after all.

FIN.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been enjoying this Fluffy Thursday!

Me, I've been busy moving stuff back into my bedroom. Ahhhh... Pics will probably have to wait until the weekend, right now, I'm having too much fun playing with my new toys.

TLM, welcome back! Good to hear you've got power back in your neck of the woods.

ShipperWriter and mandogater, I am loving your new ficlets! Just the sort of fun little diversions to add some spice to the day!

I also did check the SGARising.com website; didn't have any trouble loading the site. But then, I use Safari.

See y'all tomorrow!
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X