Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Nighty-night, Anuna!

If there's a reboot, I doubt that I'll ever watch it. 1) They'll probably mess up the characters just as much as the original PTW did, if not worse, and 2) After they had four different actresses play Weir, I'm recasted out.
    Me too. No Flanigan, no watch. Besides, he'll be 80 and I'll be dead.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
      I see him playing Military, as a John Sheppard type of character, just his attitude.
      he does comes across as a john sheppard meets jack o'neill meets cameron mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        You'll be fighting for the title of oldest human alive... and the Flan will come and congratulate you with your achievement, and sign a plaque for you. And then you'll reminisce over good old times.

Remember when we were young and enjoying that old show called Stargate Atlantis...

Anyway... enough with the morbid thoughts... k, thx!

Back to Sparky with you people...

*points in the direction of the great Spark that flies every which way coming from a gigantic image of balcony on which Elizabeth is about to ....*

*commercial break*

*....*

As Sparkies you may fill in the blanks at your own desire.

Mine would be f.e.:

Spoiler:
        ...which Elizabeth is about to ....
        walk in on Kate and Teyla making out. But a little lemming runs up to Elizabeth and up her trousers, over her shirt and into her neck ... distracting her long enough, to give the kissing couple time to flee through the other door.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I don't know if GW is gonna accept all the multi-posts I have in one message.

Hi to Probie and ShipperWriter!

Oh, crap, I forgot I gotta do that math for you guys. ::sheepish grin::

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          *SQUEE*

^^ Lemming squee'ing like only a lemming can squee ... loudly...

Propworx has a Kate costume in the batch this week - the costume from Doppelganger, shoes included.
          Wow, I really hope you get it!! You deserve to get all things Kate related. I'm up to Doppelganger next on my re-watch. Ugh!! On the plus side, I think if I can just get past that one then my deep hatred will simmer down a little.

Whatever they may have planned for Extinction, Atlantis Rising will be 1,000 times better. So there. Neener-neener.
          Amen! I don't give a rat's patootie about Extinction. No Elizabeth = no JT. Well, even if you have Elizabeth but have her written stupidly then I still don't want.

Heh. I keep feeling like that fish in Finding Nemo... "just keep swimming..."
          Oh, don't get me quoting "Finding Nemo"! I love it WAY too much to be healthy for a grown woman. "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

If it doesnt come back by then I probably am just gonna give up because they will either A recast everyone or B revamp the series recasting everyone with random old child stars with Kevin Jonas as John Sheppard, Kristen Stewart as Elizabeth Weir, Justin Bieber as Rodney McKay, Bow Wow as Ronon Dex, Leon Thomas III as Aiden Ford, Victoria Justice as Teyla Emmagan. They will not forget about everyone else in the show but place them as supporting Characters, Torri Higginson will be recasted as Larrin (a Traveler who is a cougar), Joe Flanigan in a ironic move will be playing John Sheppard's Arch Nemisis Acastus Kolya, Rachel Luttrell will be playing various Wraith Queens, Jason Momoa will be Todd the Wraith and David Hewlett will be casted as Richard Woolsey. *Snickers* God help us all.
          Ok that was the most horrifying thing I have read in a long time. And I don't know who Leon Thomas III even is. I iz old. Get off my lawn!!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Interesting official video. that is Tricia Helfer, correct? Not my type of music or entertainment, really.

Spoiler:
          I used this song when i needed musical inspiration for smut (I wrote Interruptus thanks to Rolling Stones. I'm an old school girl. No modern band beats Rolling Stones at naughtiness.).

Handcuffs? Bondage yes, but handcuffs sounds like bit too much. I always imagined them like a playful couple. Light bondage, but only as a joke, is okay. Handcuffing is ... way too serious.
          Ahh, the Stones. Now that's some good music. I knew I liked you for a reason. Fleetwood Mac, the Stones, Emmylou Harris - your taste is music is unsurpassed.

I bet he'll still be hot when he's 80.

Mine would be f.e.:

Spoiler:
          walk in on Kate and Teyla making out. But a little lemming runs up to Elizabeth and up her trousers, over her shirt and into her neck ... distracting her long enough, to give the kissing couple time to flee through the other door.

Comment

You'll be fighting for the title of oldest human alive... and the Flan will come and congratulate you with your achievement, and sign a plaque for you. And then you'll reminisce over good old times.

Remember when we were young and enjoying that old show called Stargate Atlantis...

Anyway... enough with the morbid thoughts... k, thx!

Back to Sparky with you people...

*points in the direction of the great Spark that flies every which way coming from a gigantic image of balcony on which Elizabeth is about to ....*

*commercial break*

*....*

Mine would be f.e.:

Spoiler:
            Instead of lemming use a COLONEL!
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              i guess i should look at this way, i got to to share this experience with my own father. and if i have a kid, i'll be sure to share that experience with him or her as well.
              Shoot, I knew there was something I'd forgotten to reply to.

That's great that you were able to share these shows with your father. That's really special!

I remember back when I was maybe 12 watching Julia Child with my dad (OMG I'm old enough to be your mother - don't comment). Anyway, she used a cleaver on a chicken and one half of the chicken went flying across the room. We looked at each other, wondering if we'd really seen what we thought we saw. Then we cracked up.

Oh yeah, we used to watch Star Trek TNG & MASH together too.

My point is that I have fond memories of those times from so long ago, so you probably will have Stargate memories w/your dad.

Comment

All this talk of old, makes me feel young...

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Wow, I really hope you get it!! You deserve to get all things Kate related. I'm up to Doppelganger next on my re-watch. Ugh!! On the plus side, I think if I can just get past that one then my deep hatred will simmer down a little.
                If you can, look for all the Kate/Teyla stuff in Doppelganger - it's what gets me through the ep... sort of anyway.

I'm gonna try, though I doubt I'll be able to win it... I didn't win the T-shirt I had bet on either so... low hopes. Plus, there's the part where I find it kind of ... err... a little ... I don't know... weird to be buying a costume that was worn by an actual person like Claire. But on the upside, the costume doesn't fit me anyway (if I can make an educated guess than Claire is shorter and a little wider then me ) so I wouldn't be able to wear it anyway. Except for the shoes.

...a rat's patootie...
                *giggles*

Oh, don't get me quoting "Finding Nemo"! I love it WAY too much to be healthy for a grown woman. "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."
                SQUISHY!!!

I have a Nemo plushie lying around somewhere... yes, I still have teddybears so what... I even have turtle named Carson who met Paul McGillion once.

I bet he'll still be hot when he's 80.
                In that old man kind of way... ...wrinkly and sexy.

Instead of lemming use a COLONEL!
                Up the trousers, over the shirt and into her neck...

Comment

I love the Highlander books, though I'm a bit on the outs with the author since she went on her anti-fanfic rant. The swords they used were very heavy and I don't recall a woman ever using one in the books. I may be wrong. Did they have rapiers? That might work for Elizabeth. Though I think she might be very reluctant, or since you're already in an AU, maybe she could have taken fencing classes and know how to use one. Anything is possible in fanfic.
                  Thanks SR, I figured you or just about anybody else here probably have a better read on her characher than I do. SK is right I meant the series but swords and probably the taking of heads are in both so it works for me. I kind of had Elizabeth pegged as being like Grace Chandel from the series and refusing to use a sword at all or maybe Amanda and use one as a last resort. I do have it planned for her to run into one of the Four Horsemen so who knows what will happen.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Up the trousers, over the shirt and into her neck...
                    Cheyah.....or the lemming is poscessed by Sheppard.
                    BALCONIES
                    sigpic

Comment

Cheyah.....or the lemming is poscessed by Sheppard.
                      Like in Doppelganger... an evil Sheppard?!?

In which case the Lemming just had a bad dream....

Comment

He'd be more like an Incubus if hes going up Elizabeth's trousers
                        BALCONIES
                        sigpic

Comment

Nah, Sheppard just got temporarily turned into a lemming by some weird Ancient doohickey, and McKay will have to figure out how to reverse it. In the meantime, John's going to snuggle up where it's safe... In Lizzeh's shirt. Hope she's not ticklish...
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Nah, Sheppard just got temporarily turned into a lemming by some weird Ancient doohickey, and McKay will have to figure out how to reverse it. In the meantime, John's going to snuggle up where it's safe... In Lizzeh's shirt. Hope she's not ticklish...
                            I'm now feeling the need to go read that puppy!John fic.

Oh, and new Stargate!Ren is up!! I'm 1/2 way through it but I'm afraid to read the end, cause...
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm afraid Peter is gonna die.

Comment

I'm now feeling the need to go read that puppy!John fic.
                              Heehee!

Oh, and new Stargate!Ren is up!! I'm 1/2 way through it but I'm afraid to read the end, cause...
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm afraid Peter is gonna die.
                              Yay, thanks for letting us know; I was watching the tail end of the SGU finale. And
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm afraid for Peter, too.

Speaking of the SGU finale... wow. I have to say, I'm impressed. And I feel really, really sorry for the SGU fans who are gonna be stuck wondering WTF happens next.

So, here's tonight's SGU for Atlantis Rising recap for the series finale, "Gauntlet."

Spoiler:
                              Timecheck: In a conversation at the end of the episode between Rush and Eli, Rush says it's been a year since he met Eli. So the two seasons of SGU take place in just one year.

Story: Destiny is still trying to outrun those pesky technology-destroying drones, which have now blockaded every star system with a gate, and they keep attacking Destiny every time it drops out of FTL. After Destiny's last recharge in that big-ass blue star from the previous episode, they've now got a full tank of gas, which is enough to outrun the drones and get to the next galaxy... if they don't keep stopping for food, or keep running the life support, which puts too much of a drain on the power. They're estimating it could be three years or more before they reach the next galaxy, so the crew puts themselves in the stasis pods they found back in "The Hunt" to wait out the journey until they reach the next galaxy. Earth is alerted to the plan, and everyone is given a chance to stone back to Earth to say goodbye to their loved ones; Telford promises Young that they're not going to stop trying to find a way to reach Destiny and help them.

ETA: Catching up with the first part of the episode on the rewatch - When Young and Rush first report to Earth to let Earth know that Destiny has been blockaded by the drones, Telford tells Young and Rush that Langara is still refusing to allow Earth to use their planet to try to dial Destiny, and he specifically says that Woolsey is still working on diplomacy. Sounds like a clue that Atlantis is still on Earth at this time. Or that Woolsey has been replaced as expedition leader.

Unfortunately, one of the pods won't start up, so there's this bit of running around in a circle between Rush, Young and Eli about which of them will stay out; eventually, Eli wins out, since Young doesn't trust Rush, and Eli says that between him and Young, Eli's got the best chance of fixing the final pod so that he can join the rest of the crew in stasis. The show ends on all the lights on Destiny going out and Eli standing on the observation deck, looking out into FTL all alone.

Basically, what does all this mean for SGA Rising? Timeline wise, "Gauntlet" will take place a couple of months or so after our premiere, "Return to Pegasus, Parts 1 and 2." (Or maybe not, see my ETA above.) We might want to slide in a reference to what happened on Destiny, perhaps a mention of the SGC/IOA wanting Atlantis to work on figuring out another way to reach Destiny in order to send aid to the crew, searching for an Icarus-type planet in Pegasus, whatever. But we won't have to worry about explaining the sudden dropoff of status reports from Destiny, and we're pretty much free to chart our own course.

ETA #2: Okay, I've watched "Gauntlet" a couple more times (yay for East Coast and West Coast feeds!) and gone over my notes for SGU S2.5, and here's the final episodic timeline:
                              Spoiler:
                              10 months after "Air"
                              - "Resurgence" – Eli says he's come a long way in his ten months on Destiny
                              - "Deliverance" – picks up right after "Resurgence"
                              - "Twin Destinies" – picks up right after "Deliverance"
                              - "Alliances" – picks up right after "Twin Destinies"
                              - "Hope" – begins 6 days after "Alliances"
                              - "Seizure" – may be a few days after "Hope"; Greer and Volker still recovering from the kidney surgery
                              - "The Hunt" – at least a few days after "Seizure"; Greer has recovered from his infection (in "Seizure") and been cleared for off-world duty, and Volker is also up and about and seems to be back to normal with his new kidney. (Yeah, that probably seems like a really short time to recover after kidney surgery, but remember, they've got Ancient medical tech on board to help out.) James says that they've all been vegetarians for the past 10 months, indicating it's still in the same month as the previous six episodes.

11 months after "Air"
                              - "Common Descent" – a few days after "The Hunt"; TJ still showing facial injuries from her encounter with the lizard cat. Team from Destiny is stranded on the Novan colony world for a day or two before reestablishing contact with Destiny. Then it's a week's trip to Novus, with them arriving at Novus at the very end of the episode.
                              - "Epilogue" – picks up right after "Common Descent"; at the end of the episode, Park states it will be ten days until they drop off the Novan colonists on the nearest Novan expedition world
                              - "Blockade" – more than ten days after "Epilogue", as Novan colonists from Common Descent have already been dropped off

A year after "Air"
                              - "Gauntlet" - Rush says it's been a year since he met Eli.

So, with the indication from Telford in "Gauntlet" that Woolsey may still be on Earth, it seems that Atlantis could also still be on Earth as well at the time of "Gauntlet." Due to the power issues that Eri and I are giving Atlantis after it returns to the Pegasus Galaxy in "Return to Pegasus" (Atlantis will have a ZPM, but just one), I really can't see any justification for Woolsey commuting back and forth between Atlantis and Earth to play diplomatic games with the Langarans. Logistically, it's a ridiculous waste of resources. So, I'm thinking that perhaps Atlantis should remain on Earth as well (first to make repairs from the Lucian Alliance attack on Atlantis that we're tying into events from "Alliances," and perhaps the IOA continuing to stall their departure). Then when Earth finally get the word about Destiny's crew having to go into stasis to survive their one long FTL jump to the next galaxy to outrun the drones, the push to convince the Langarans to agree to let Earth use their gate to dial Destiny is suddenly far less of a priority as Earth now has some breathing room.

Everyone, what are your thoughts? Is this an acceptable plan?

So... Second star to the right, and straight ahead 'til morning. A new dawn is about to rise over Atlantis.
                              Last edited by Scary Kitty; 09 May 2011, 09:01 PM.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Heehee!

So... Second star to the right, and straight ahead 'til morning. A new dawn is about to rise over Atlantis.
                                someone from atlantis should say that as they're heading back to pegasus.
                                Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 09 May 2011, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X