Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    Elizabeth looks lie a deer in headlights
    Ahem. You had better not be dissing our Lizzeh. There's going to be trouble if you are.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Yes I can definitely see the John/Darcy comparison. And man, if Colin Firth and Joe were ever on screen together, fangirls would explode in squee!
    It'd be a second Big Bang.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I love the "pansy wannabes" too. Almost as much as "treehuggy". I think he said that in TOR too. I may be wrong. Anyway, he said it. Those sounded so very Joeish. I wonder how much input he had sometimes.

Gotta go. We're cooking fajitas. Only a couple of days late for Cinco de Mayo.
    I just love those cute little Joe-ish one-liners that John always got.

Fajitas! Yum!

"Tree huggy" was in Echoes. It was explaining the stuff the Ancients were trying to do in the bio-lab. Ok it's probably sad that I know that off the top of my head.

Ooooh fajitas! Yum! Enjoy!
    Naw, it's not sad. You're just a committed fan.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Putting in my 0.5 cent into Sparky moments:

Spoiler:

Sparks flying about...

Oh wait... wrong kind of Sparky... sorry about that...

How about now?

Sparky 2.0 - I liked it.

...Okay, fine...

Here you go...

Spoiler:

Evil lemming at work!!!

And now.... the Spark!

***//***

And she never tried to force him to talk about his feelings or put words in his mouth.
      Hey, is that a stab in the direction of Teyla talking to John in Sateda?

That scene was hilarious. Teyla looking adorably cute, pulling all sorts of funny faces, trying to be helpful. And John working his way through awkward feelings.

I get aggravated when movies completely disregard history. I understand changing a few things around, but when they completely ignore fact then I get annoyed.
      Gladiator f.e. did a good number of turning history upside down...

We're cooking fajitas. Only a couple of days late for Cinco de Mayo.
      Mmmm.... fajitas....

I recently learned what that is, and yummy... good!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Spoiler:

Sparks flying about...

How about now?

Sparky 2.0 - I liked it.

...Okay, fine...

Here you go...

Spoiler:

Evil lemming at work!!!

And now.... the Spark!

***//***

That scene was hilarious. Teyla looking adorably cute, pulling all sorts of funny faces, trying to be helpful. And John working his way through awkward feelings.

Mmmm.... fajitas....

I simply can't allow our lemming to be sad. The scene in Sateda felt slightly awkward to me. I think it would be much better if that same conversation happened earlier in the show - whoever wrote the dialogue seemed to have completely forgotten that Teyla is supposed to know John very well. Perhaps she's spent even more time with him than Elizabeth, ebcause she was on all those off world missions, almost every time? I blame the low quality of writing for this.

Their conversation(s) in Quarantine are what their relationship should have been from S2 onward. or, think Mal and Zoe from Firefly. So yeah, the Sateda scene feels a little awkward, but maybe that was Teyla's attempt to say it all straight out to John, because it was about him not leaving behind Ronon, and she wanted him to know how much she appreciated it, that he was ready to do this for every one of them. She wanted it spelled out, but I guess John wasn't ready to hear it right then and there.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Maybe Teyla was a little confused on why he would hide his feelings... *shrug*

By that I could possibly be thinking about how the Athosians lived under the thread of the Wraith, which if they ever doubted themselves and not say what they mean, there could be no other chance to do so. Seeing as how natural death is a rare occurance...

Although, on second thought... possibly indeed another one those fail-moments on the writers' part.

Comment

*puts tongue firmly in cheek* Looking at him will do that to you.
            The Sheppard effect? Oh yeah I would be like that too if someone as handsome him saved me from the big bad Kolya. At least she doesnt faint like the girls do in Bye Bye Birdie Liz is too cool and too classy for that. Enjoy your fajitas.

And to SK, just to clarify I wasnt dissing Lizzie, I was being funny, I admire Liz too much.
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Sparks flying about...

How about now?

Sparky 2.0 - I liked it.

...Okay, fine...

Here you go...

Spoiler:

Evil lemming at work!!!

And now.... the Spark!

***//***

Mmmm.... fajitas....

Oh little lemming, you are highly amusing!!

And just cause I feel like it. Woobie!John:

Comment

"Tree huggy" was in Echoes. It was explaining the stuff the Ancients were trying to do in the bio-lab. Ok it's probably sad that I know that off the top of my head.

Ooooh fajitas! Yum! Enjoy!
                I'm surprised I didn't remember that considering Echoes is my second favorite.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                I simply can't allow our lemming to be sad. The scene in Sateda felt slightly awkward to me. I think it would be much better if that same conversation happened earlier in the show - whoever wrote the dialogue seemed to have completely forgotten that Teyla is supposed to know John very well. Perhaps she's spent even more time with him than Elizabeth, ebcause she was on all those off world missions, almost every time? I blame the low quality of writing for this.

Their conversation(s) in Quarantine are what their relationship should have been from S2 onward. or, think Mal and Zoe from Firefly. So yeah, the Sateda scene feels a little awkward, but maybe that was Teyla's attempt to say it all straight out to John, because it was about him not leaving behind Ronon, and she wanted him to know how much she appreciated it, that he was ready to do this for every one of them. She wanted it spelled out, but I guess John wasn't ready to hear it right then and there.
                Thanks for explaining that. No criticism of Teyla, but it does seem like she should have known he wouldn't hesitate to save Ronon. And she was definitely confused as to why he didn't just say what he felt. You'd think, if they spent any time together at all, she'd know him better.

Maybe Teyla was a little confused on why he would hide his feelings... *shrug*

By that I could possibly be thinking about how the Athosians lived under the thread of the Wraith, which if they ever doubted themselves and not say what they mean, there could be no other chance to do so. Seeing as how natural death is a rare occurance...

Although, on second thought... possibly indeed another one those fail-moments on the writers' part.
                Definitely the writers fault. They tried so hard to be clever, they ended up writing her OOC.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Re: that scene in Sateda... What struck me most about it were 1) John's obvious discomfort in giving voice to his feelings and 2) Teyla's surprise and gratitude that the expedition was going as far as they were to get Ronon back safely. John's reaction didn't surprise me so much, as we've seen hints of his emotional isolation before, but Teyla's reaction did surprise me a bit. as she's seen them take action before (hello, Rising, anyone?). I chalk it up to bad writing, as well.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I just finished my rewatch of Lifeline. Wow, the Sparky eye!sex is amazing in this one. Before the boys leave the jumper, John and Elizabeth stare at each other for 9 straight seconds with no dialogue to even support the prolonged gaze.

Comment

Speaking of Eye!Sex

BALCONIES
                      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                      sigpic

Comment

Happy Mother's Day!!!
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Oh little lemming, you are highly amusing!!
                          When Kate's not watching...

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          ...but Teyla's reaction did surprise me a bit. as she's seen them take action before (hello, Rising, anyone?). I chalk it up to bad writing, as well.
                          In Rising, might I add, the team went back to get their people back, not necessarily the Athosians. They just came with the package as you can't just go about freeing one set of people and leave the rest to die. John was trying to make friends so it was a given at the time (but then the Athosians wouldn't know yet) that he would free them just as much as his own.

We don't leave our people behind - I can imagine that Teyla wouldn't include her or Ronon in that.

Comment

just heard this song on the radio and made me think of sparky. especially from the different point of views coming from John and Elizabeth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBrkKqns-3Y

here are the lyrics

Spoiler:
                            When you wake up
                            And find me gone tomorrow
                            Don't think I meant to hurt you
                            I just did what we knew I had to
                            And all the time we knew
                            The time was never right for us
                            Time to leave this love behind
                            I could never leave you -- Baby
                            If I saw you cry

I'll say good bye for the two of us
                            Tonight while you sleep
                            I'll kiss you softly one last time
                            And say good-bye
                            Like I know we must
                            There's just no other way
                            And I couldn't bear to see your heart break
                            So I'll wait till your asleep to say good-bye

Please realize
                            How hard it is to do this
                            I'm trying to make it through this
                            Say good-bye just as gently as I can
                            Please try and understand
                            This time just wasn't the time for us
                            We knew I couldn't stay
                            But that don't make it easier to leave you
                            So while I can find the strength

I'll say good bye for the two of us
                            Tonight while you sleep
                            And say good-bye
                            Like I know we must

Like I know we must
                            I'll wait till you're asleep
                            To say good-bye for the two of us
                            Tonight while you sleep
                            And say good-bye
                            Like I know we must

When you wake up
                            And find me gone tomorrow
                            Don't think I meant to hurt you

Good bye

Comment

I booked my tickets for Halfway!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                Happy Mother's Day!!!
                                makes ya wonder if John makes a trip to his mother's grave and to see Elizabeth's Mother just to see how she was doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X