No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone, I'm just popping in again if you don't mind, I've read some good shep/weir fic recently. Can anyone point me in the direction of some recent stuff or any funny ones?

I also wanted to say that yall are a nice group of ppl I've come across, and not all shippers are nuts. Sorry if that offends anyone, I was just reading something that makes shippers look really bad and I'm not happy with all fandom at the moment, there are super crazy HP fans out there that are really weird shippers. Okay, I think I'm gonna go for now, I'll be around, later.
    McKay: I'm invulnerable!
    Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
    McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
    My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
      Hello everyone, I'm just popping in again if you don't mind, I've read some good shep/weir fic recently. Can anyone point me in the direction of some recent stuff or any funny ones?

I also wanted to say that yall are a nice group of ppl I've come across, and not all shippers are nuts. Sorry if that offends anyone, I was just reading something that makes shippers look really bad and I'm not happy with all fandom at the moment, there are super crazy HP fans out there that are really weird shippers. Okay, I think I'm gonna go for now, I'll be around, later.
      Here ya go! You'll find lots of good stuff here. They're brand new, and of all shapes and sizes.

s/wficathon

And WeirFan, come back any time!!! We don't bite . . . usually. Just don't try any mints!!!

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
      I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
      Spoiler:
      Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
        Here ya go! You'll find lots of good stuff here. They're brand new, and of all shapes and sizes.

s/wficathon

And WeirFan, come back any time!!! We don't bite . . . usually. Just don't try any mints!!!
        I just had to share this. I had dinner with my dad last night and as he was putting out the food he put down a mint. The white with red stripes one. I thought I was going to fall out of my chair laughing. I just managed to control myself before my dad noticed anything odd.

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517

Yeah those HP guys are *seriously* wierd, unlike us safe normal people over here. Tht said, I do remember Bama trying to psychically connect to the actors, which was a leetle wierd And also, I did just read the "You know you're a Gate-Head when..." thread and think "damn, I never have dreams about stargate, I want dreams about Stargate"!!!!!
          I am now seeking help
          Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
            Yeah those HP guys are *seriously* wierd, unlike us safe normal people over here. Tht said, I do remember Bama trying to psychically connect to the actors, which was a leetle wierd And also, I did just read the "You know you're a Gate-Head when..." thread and think "damn, I never have dreams about stargate, I want dreams about Stargate"!!!!!
            I am now seeking help
            So you read that stupid petition thing? It's pretty weird and I think it was written by a bunch of tweens. Oddly I have dreams about stargate , I had one just last night that I was playing Texas Hold 'em with Weir and sahe won with 5 of a kind and then something about leaving her alone while she was eating mac and cheese cuz I was gonna bug her to help me fix some car that had turned into plastic, wow I'm weird.

Oh, thank you Whistler, read a few of those fics, very nice. Tahnks for pointing them out.
            Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?

Comment

Just a note for y'all. Mel's got another fic up at Spygate

Chaos Theory

ETA: Mel, this was great I've no idea why but i'm really intrigued by the idea of
              Spoiler:
              Jack/Liz. I've read a few fics of that pairing. Maybe i need to go back and watch Rising and see if i get any 'vibes' from that

Loved the fishnet stockings And weeeee! I understood the German. Granted, it was basic but it's good to know that 3 years of study didn't go to complete waste
              Last edited by SallyLizzie; 02 October 2005, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Great discussion today, and thanks for all the Sam/Jack info. Mel has a fic containing
                Spoiler:
                Jack/Liz?
                I'm intrigued, I'll have to go read it.

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie

Chaos Theory

ETA: Mel, this was great I've no idea why but i'm really intrigued by the idea of
                  Spoiler:
                  Jack/Liz. I've read a few fics of that pairing. Maybe i need to go back and watch Rising and see if i get any 'vibes' from that

Loved the fishnet stockings And weeeee! I understood the German. Granted, it was basic but it's good to know that 3 years of study didn't go to complete waste
                  Ya, there were definately a bit of vibe there but that was when Sam and Pete and ya... Awesome fic Mel!

Another John/Liz, Jack/Liz fic btw! Darker Star by johnliz4ever

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie

Chaos Theory

Spoiler:

I never got any Jack/Liz vibe from Rising, but I'd love to see Liz/Daniel. He totally has a crush on her! J/E/D would be a fun triangle! (I can't believe I just typed that.) But, I havent watched SG1 S. 9 yet and I hear there is a Daniel hate-fest a'brewin'.

I need November 21 now.

Comment

Just rewatched Conversion and in the scene where
                      Spoiler:
                      John, Elizabeth and Carson are discussing how John will react to the retro-virus, Carson says something about how the virus may already be breaking down and how it reacted very fast in Elia and John looks at Elizabeth and says ''See.''

In this scene it's Carson who appears to be the most unsettled, yet it's ELizabeth that John speaks to, to reassure her.Has she shown that she is already overly worried about him or is this something he's just come to pick up on?

If it were me, i think i'd have responded along the lines of (to Carson''Ha! Said it yourself. Good enough for me. I'm fine'', rather than trying to reassure/comfort my friend. But heh, could just be me reading to much into it.

Also wanted to point out how sweet it was that Elizabeth was there at his 'Doctors appointments', when Carson could have reported to her later in private where they could have openly talked about John. I don't think she actually needed to be there with him. Doesn't it show how at ease/open John is with her to let her be there with him or do you think he's just grateful she is there so he can draw strength from her? Why do you think she went there in the first place? Was it bc he was a potential security/epidemic risk or bc she wanted to be able to support him?

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                        Oh that fic was really cool, see I kinda like the jack/liz thing, it's interesting, I like all the weir ships basically and that fic by johnliz4ever is really good, I love her fics.

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                          Ya, there were definately a bit of vibe there but that was when Sam and Pete and ya... Awesome fic Mel!

AH! Return of the spud *shaked bad images out of head*

I read that. Thanx for the link tho, i've been meaning to see if had been updated.

Originally posted by Rubicon
                          I never got any Jack/Liz vibe from Rising, but I'd love to see Liz/Daniel. He totally has a crush on her! J/E/D would be a fun triangle! (I can't believe I just typed that.) But, I havent watched SG1 S. 9 yet and I hear there is a Daniel hate-fest a'brewin'.
                          Nooooooooo! (Secretly loves Daniel...but is willing to hate-fest his beard *nods*)

I never really got a vibe for Daniel and Liz until i read the Burbank Con reports. But i think that had more to do with TH and MS

Coz i'm not exactly OT, i offer Red!fic ~ Ground Zero.
                          Ack, i'm feeling generous. Linkage to many Red!fics Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
                            I am now seeking help
                            LOL! Trust me Michael...that was crazy me just havin some fun with the wackiness that is our adoration for Shep and Weir. I *really* don't believe in mental telepathies!

Ever been to the southern U.S.? We're some personalities down here if nothin else.

Comment

Petition? What are you guys referring to? Don't tell me some one is actually trying to get sigs up to send in an anti-shep/weir petition to the writers.

Last edited by Bama; 02 October 2005, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Who are the "HP" people? Sorry if it should be obvious--didn't get much sleep last night and doesn't look like I will again. These papers really snuck up on me lol.

Thanks,

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X