Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mentalmichael
    Sorry Melyanna, will never talk of it again

In unrealated news "The Defiant One" is on tonight in England on Five at 8. Anyone from England should watch it as it's a great episode
    Great episode - did anyone else recognise one of the scientist guys as an SG1 character from a few seasons ago? Can't remember the name of the episode but its the one where 2 continents on a planet are at war, Jack, Sam & Spacemonkey get captured and Teal'c gets blinded.......

Also, I've seen those 'space bug' things on an SG1 episode - the one where Cadet Haley goes offworld.......

Shep also has great bed hair in this episode & Rodney gets to shoot at a wraith - Yay McKay
    sailing the ship to Sparkyville!

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
      Oh yeah, anytime one of them is any kind of danger while the other is around is going to provide us with sparks and that's exactly why they dole them out so infrequently. pah. If you pay attention, the only real 'couple' eps we have with one or two recent exceptions (teyla/ronon in trinity and aurora) has been all about John and Elizabeth. They're the ONLY 'pair' that has been centered on in episodes.

There's not really another 'pair' on Atlantis that they've gone to that much trouble for. Sure, there's a little here or there like Rodney's reaction to john in trinity or Elizabeth's anger with Caldwell but the episode hasn't centered around *reaction* and emotion of any other pair in relation to each other like it has with John and Elizabeth.
      Does the term often heard "they go to bat for each other " apply here? .... esp in JE centric eps like Siege 2 , Conversion etc. There`s an intense level of loyalty and trust between them and in retrospect probably due to their Atlantean leadership roles...but the vibe you get from them is not all "business"...... there so.something.else. going.on!.......Oh yeah *slaps head* they got that so.married.and.don`t know.it vibe going

--

“I know how Sheppard can be,” “He’s an incredibly strong man,” “and Elizabeth is his weakness. He doesn’t know how to handle that.”
      - Rodney to AU Elizabeth : quote from PeanutButterer`s The Other Side

Comment

Originally posted by katethegater
        Great episode - did anyone else recognise one of the scientist guys as an SG1 character from a few seasons ago? Can't remember the name of the episode but its the one where 2 continents on a planet are at war, Jack, Sam & Spacemonkey get captured and Teal'c gets blinded.......

Also, I've seen those 'space bug' things on an SG1 episode - the one where Cadet Haley goes offworld.......

Shep also has great bed hair in this episode & Rodney gets to shoot at a wraith - Yay McKay
        You mean Nyan? I remember reading some where on the forum and they said that after SG-1 brought Nyan back from his planet. They gave him a new identity then shipped him off to Atlantis only to meet a less than appeal fate. I'm easily amused by some strange fan theories in regards to the reuse of actors in different shows.
        ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
          Chivalric? in the two episodes you quoted I would describe his actions as more "stupid bloody-mindedness" than chvalric. He damn near got the entire base infected because he deliberately ignored an order from Weir, and in the Eye he went a bit nuts (although in a very cool way)

I think this is one of his worst traits, although it does make for gd television.

any comments?
          I'm not entirely convinced it was as reckless as it is often made out to be. I know that's the popular theory... but if one considers the circumstances surrounding his actions, there is method to the madness. The first time he is ordered to stand down, he does so. He waits around... albeit impatiently. I think Weir's as much to blame here... Did she really believe that this man, who took on an entire Genii strike force is going to just sit around and do nothing when some neurotic scientist with the know-how is going to infect the entire facility while she uhhmming and ahhhing... around. Yeah... right... It wouldn't surprise me if he sensed her indecision and took it upon himself to act... rightly or wrongly... From his point of view, she was unwilling to make the hard decision.

I don't disagree that he disobeyed a direct order but he doesn't do it without a reason. The question is... does he disobey every order... Nope... He seems to disobey them when he thinks that he can do something to rectify the situation but is prevented from doing so.

Just my 2 cents...
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Please, everybody, I'd appreciate your imput on this thread!!!!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...65#post4546165

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
            I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
            Spoiler:
            Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
              Please, everybody, I'd appreciate your imput on this thread!!!!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...65#post4546165
              The link isn't working.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
                The link isn't working.
                Opps!! Thanks.

Try this:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18322

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                Spoiler:
                Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                  I'm not entirely convinced it was as reckless as it is often made out to be. I know that's the popular theory... but if one considers the circumstances surrounding his actions, there is method to the madness. The first time he is ordered to stand down, he does so. He waits around... albeit impatiently. I think Weir's as much to blame here... Did she really believe that this man, who took on an entire Genii strike force is going to just sit around and do nothing when some neurotic scientist with the know-how is going to infect the entire facility while she uhhmming and ahhhing... around. Yeah... right... It wouldn't surprise me if he sensed her indecision and took it upon himself to act... rightly or wrongly... From his point of view, she was unwilling to make the hard decision.
                  And I think he – and we – would probably think less of her if Elizabeth had jumped up and said to use whatever force was necessary when the situation was still very fresh. But I think Elizabeth probably learned from it too, and realized she had to be more decisive about things. When the Wraith dart showed up in The Brotherhood, she didn't wait for it to get closer. She ordered jumpers into the air immediately, even though they still had some time, and even though it put some of her men in danger.

Elizabeth really, really needed to see that she couldn't treat everything like a diplomatic situation. Oddly, I think John's defiance probably strengthened her leadership abilities. He was still way out of line and damaged her credibility, but for her personally, he demonstrated that she had to be more decisive. I can't imagine what Siege II and III would have been like had Elizabeth not learned that sometimes you have to risk something to save something bigger.
                  Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Kiss Proof by Rhin Ariel. Short but sweet. Go read and enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                      Very nice

Lovebar made by natz099
                      My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Very nice. I think I'll go out and buy some lipstick.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Aw... that was cute! ^ ^

Comment

Ok, I have a little observation. Small and probably pointless but...

I was just looking through some screen caps and I noticed Elizabeth only smiles her real smile on John. She uses what I think of as her 'diplomat' smile on every one else but for John, it's her big grin. A couple of examples are when he gives her the birthday gift in BIS, and in Aurora.

Well it was just an observation.

Spoiler:
                            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

OMG! Has anybody else read Red's Ascent for the SWficathon? It's AMAZING! IT's long, it's suspenseful, it's...just..go read for yourselves and you'll see.

Comment

Ooh, yes, Little Red's fic is very, very good. I'd also like to reccomend A.j.'s Amble, and of course Ms. Raven's The Hourglass. The latter was the fic I requested.
                                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                                Last update: 14 April 2006
                                Melyanna's Multimedia
                                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X