• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Oh dear, you posted twice as much in less time than I did. LOL
    I told you I was a Gate-aholic.

And I went back and read a few pages from my early days. WOW! Just WOW!. We were on fire back then and if you check it out you will notice the discussion was a lot more, how shall I say, "free" then. We disagreed but remained friendly. We dissed other ships but didn't get mean. We were allowed to speak our minds more freely. It has a whole different feeling than the forum today. And check out posts by my old buddy Bama. She was a hoot.
    Different times, my friend, different times.

It was also fun to read how we were looking forward to S2 eps and speculating about spoilers. I had forgotten for example, that Elizabeth was originally intended to go with the team off world in The Tower. Now wouldn't that have been interesting?
    I kinda miss that, you know, not being able to speculate about what's going to happen next season or episode. Of course, there's SGARising, but that's still different.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      Ah, I see. Well, you know, that really salted my game in an epic way, yo I looked it up, it seems like a tween thing. Beiber can have it, it'll be useful when I call him a girly boy
      Tween thing nope its for the epic upper teen generation who likes watching shows like SGA and Doctor Who!

Oh god speaking of Justin Bieber you don't wanna know the strange SGA dream I had containing him in it! Let's just say it's a effed up version of Common Ground in which Kolya used the song "Baby" to suck the life out of Sheppard rather than the wraith, poor Liz actually fainted in the dream.

I do have to save the funny part of it was McKay Screaming YOU IDIOTS STOP SCREAMING! YOU THINK IT'S BAD FOR US IMAGINE HOW HORRIBLE IT IS FOR SHEPPARD!

Yup.....my unconscious is a very strange place.
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

When I first found GW, I lurked in the thread for a couple of months or so to get the lay of the land, but I never did get around to looking back through the early parts of the thread. Sounds like I should do that.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Because one person doesn't make this thread... it's all of you, all of us.
        You're a part of us. And every one of us deserves a shoutout.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        I can try writing one like that, I think it would be an interesting idea to play with. John was so completely torn about it all, it actually hurts rewatching it. On the other hand some elements of the story make me angry, and sad, and I want to plant a decent slap on whoever is responsible for all this.
        *points up at Vancouver*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Yes, the hand bandaging scene was just - amazing. I wish we had something like that with John and Elizabeth, but one where Elizabeth saves John and hurts her hand in the process, so he can bandage it. Bot on the other hand, that scene from TRW was like symbolical hand bandaging.
        Symbolic hand bandaging. I like it! But your idea of Elizabeth saving John and him having to bandage her hand is very doable... We've got a couple of episodes in the second half of our S6 where a scene like that could work.

I would love to talk more about GitM and just what Franibeth was thinking in that scene with Teyla but it's best left alone I fear.

I still haven't made up my mind if it was really Elizabeth or not. I'd like to think it wasn't because I can't bear the idea of her being out there all this time just floating. But we will fix it. And if JM is to be believed, they were also going to fix it in S6. Sad.
        Honestly, I don't like the idea of FRANibeth being the real Elizabeth either. I don't like the idea of her being a frozen popsicle floating in space, and I don't like how she just blindly led the rest of the Asurans to Atlantis; it's easier for me to accept it if she's another duplicate that's started to diverge from the original "model" in how she thinks and acts. And based on Mallozzi's comments and the hints he dropped about how the storyline might have continued, it looks like he also didn't think FRANibeth was the real Elizabeth. Damn, I guess I have to send him some chocolate.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
        Hmmmm, a few little Sunday morning fic prompties.....they seem to all be LOTR inspired - sorry, been watching a lot of LOTR lately

There & Back Again
        2nd Breakfast
        It comes in pints?
        Is it secret? Is it safe?
        That still only counts as one!
        That last one reminds me of how John kept upping his kill total in "Sateda" so that he'd have more than Teyla. *snickers*

There and Back Again... That could work for our entire storyline for Elizabeth in S6!

And Second Breakfast so screams for a smut fic.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          That last one reminds me of how John kept upping his kill total in "Sateda" so that he'd have more than Teyla. *snickers*

There and Back Again... That could work for our entire storyline for Elizabeth in S6!

And Second Breakfast so screams for a smut fic.
          Only you....think smut like I do but hey.....great minds think alike....

*goes back to her smut fic*
          BALCONIES
          sigpic

Comment

And Teyla rolled her eyes...
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thank you everybody for the birthday wishes!
              This weekend was awesome. Now time to read the pages I missed.
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

A gift for everyone....I have to say I am the most proud of this one!

BALCONIES
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf...93xfo1_500.png

Very nice. Great job and very Sparkilicious.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

That song and those lyrics are wonderful! *wibbles* You're right, Elizabeth will be messed up. Heck, everyone's going to be messed up, trying to wrap their brains around the fact that OMFGWTFBBQ ELIZABETH'S ALIVE! Hope you're ready for the roller coaster.
                    Can't wait!!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    I knew there was a reason why I quoted this earlier

Have you ever encountered Zero Point Snark? You might get a kick out of it
                    Yes I've read those, thanks! They are beyond awesome! I wish they'd done all the episodes. So much fun!! And they noticed all kinds of dirty things that I'd never noticed before

Meme catch up

Day 28: Favorite enemy

Kolya. He deserved a better ending, but I'm glad he was brought back in Remnants.

Day 29: Least favorite enemy

Michael. I loved him in his first episode, and his last. But in the middle he tended to become a bit over the top.

Day 30: One thing you would change

Well, the obvious thing is bringing back Elizabeth, so I'm going to go for less obvious and say I wouldn't have gotten Atlantis back in touch with Earth so early (like SK's Christmas story). The Daedalus became such a huge deus ex machina. I think it's one of the reasons TS/TE are so gripping. Atlantis was on its own. They had only themselves. No one was going to come along at the last second and beam them away.

Question for people who've been to conventions. Do you have to get tickets way ahead of time? I've been trying to justify going to that somehow I can just imagine my family and friends' reactions if I told them I was going across the country to go to a sci-fi convention.

Comment

Very, very nice!!! Some great creativity on this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        And Teyla rolled her eyes...
                        *snerks* I don't think Teyla could ever get over the fact that John can be such a child sometimes.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf...93xfo1_500.png
                        That's lovely!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        Can't wait!!
                        Hee! I can't wait until we get it written!

Day 30: One thing you would change

Well, the obvious thing is bringing back Elizabeth, so I'm going to go for less obvious and say I wouldn't have gotten Atlantis back in touch with Earth so early (like SK's Christmas story). The Daedalus became such a huge deus ex machina. I think it's one of the reasons TS/TE are so gripping. Atlantis was on its own. They had only themselves. No one was going to come along at the last second and beam them away.
                        I've got another name for it: Daedalus ex machina.

Question for people who've been to conventions. Do you have to get tickets way ahead of time? I've been trying to justify going to that somehow I can just imagine my family and friends' reactions if I told them I was going across the country to go to a sci-fi convention.
                        It depends on the convention; are you talking about the one in Los Angeles that Torri will be at in November? They haven't even put tickets on sale for that one yet.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Very nice. Great job and very Sparkilicious.
                          Very, very nice!!! Some great creativity on this thread!
                          That's lovely!
                          Thank you so much I was sick of depressing Sparky in my crossover so I had to make this fluffy graphic off my favorite song Last Night On earth by Green Day

*snerks* I don't think Teyla could ever get over the fact that John can be such a child sometimes.
                          They are all Children (Especially McKay) Teyla has to be mother to them all.
                          BALCONIES
                          sigpic

Comment

At least the experience has prepared her for being a mother to her own son. Torren will no doubt be far better behaved then his Uncles John, Rodney and Ronon.

Comment

At least the experience has prepared her for being a mother to her own son. Torren will no doubt be far better behaved then his Uncles John, Rodney and Ronon.
                              Yeah poor little Torren will act older than his age while Ronon, Rodney and John behave like kids, no doubt he will be confused!
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

Thank you so much I was sick of depressing Sparky in my crossover so I had to make this fluffy graphic off my favorite song Last Night On earth by Green Day

Well, there's a simple solution. Since you are the author and in complete control of your depressing Sparky fic. Just choose to make it less depressing and keep them together as they are intended to be. Easy peasy.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X