No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*BIG BEAR HUGS FOR THE THREAD* I love you all, so much <333!!!!!
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Day 20: Unpopular Opinion (Under the Cut)

Spoiler:
      Theres a special place in hell for me....I have a new guilty pleasure for an OT3 involving Sparky. I kinda like McKay/Sheppard/Weir involved in a OT3

Hopefully I am not public enemy number one to the Sparkities Now
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post

Spoiler:
        Theres a special place in hell for me....I have a new guilty pleasure for an OT3 involving Sparky. I kinda like McKay/Sheppard/Weir involved in a OT3

Spoiler:
        Ick. That's all I'm going to say. I mean, your opinion, all okay, I just can't imagine it because Rodney and Elizabeth are like brother and sister in my eyes.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Guys,

I am having a bad bad week, month, several months in fact. I am sad and tired and lonely, and I'm in bad need of something - cheering up, hugs, something. It's been tough on me, and it still is, and I don't know when it's going to be better. I feel like I'm drowning and waving my hands and almost nobody sees. Can you help me, can you make me feel a bit better? At least this evening? I gotta go now, but I'll be back in an hour or so.
          And we love you! *sends bushels of hugs and cheerful thoughts*
          sigpic
          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Spoiler:

I find that match-up very interesting actually. Even if
            Spoiler:
            I'm not so sure that I see Weir and McKay too much. I'm ok with Shep/McKay though.

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

Guys,

I am having a bad bad week, month, several months in fact. I am sad and tired and lonely, and I'm in bad need of something - cheering up, hugs, something. It's been tough on me, and it still is, and I don't know when it's going to be better. I feel like I'm drowning and waving my hands and almost nobody sees. Can you help me, can you make me feel a bit better? At least this evening? I gotta go now, but I'll be back in an hour or so.
              *glomps Anuna and snuggles* Must find some cracktastic, laugh so hard you'll bust a gut fic for you!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              *surfaces from the ocean of RL*

*gasps for air*

Ooh, so happy I'm back. For all of five minutes.
              Awww! *wibbles*

And think about it, there was still so much that could've been discovered in the city that they had PLENTY to write about! Rodney touches an Ancient device that tries to ascend him, a device makes John get a teenage crush on Elizabeth, John and Elizabeth get turned into a dog and a cat ...

*stops writing and realizes that the last two were fanfics*

So yeah. Case in point.
              *snickers*

Meesa love Angry Birds!!! And now you can get it on every electronic device you own. Angry Birds is evil frakkin awesome!!!
              Damn, I'm gonna have to get that game, aren't I?

Sounds like Atlantis was feeding off John's emotions there ...

And just like that, a new fic idea is born. Grr.
              *smiles innocently and hides carrots for plot bunnies behind back*

BTW -- SK -- I'm completely and utterly hooked on Stargate_ren!!! OMG, it's awesome!!!
              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              YAY!! I love that series like crazy!!!!!
              Ahh, I'm guessing you two saw the latest update?
              Spoiler:
              I think they're gonna be switching back and forth between Caldora and Atalan in this story, which means we should be seeing John and Elizabeth in Atalan in Part 2. Huzzah! (Though I'm betting any weddings won't happen until the next story at the earliest.)

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Unpopular opinions FTW! I'm just the opposite. I never read fics with either of them with other people but could have tolerated it if they had shipped John with someone else. Elizabeth, not so much. She's all for John. I guess another unpopular opinion I have is that I liked John with Nancy and Larrin (only for fun, not as a love interest). But anyone else is just unacceptable.
              Yeah, I don't mind Nancy because she's canon. Larrin... eh, I find she's just too, well, mean-spirited.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Luv ya right back.

Spoiler:

I agree with Anuna.
                Spoiler:
                I don't like OT3's at all no matter who is involved but the idea of Rodney involved with either John or Elizabeth just seems wrong on so many levels because he seems like a brother to both of them. That's much the same way I feel about Teyla and John.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Ahh, I'm guessing you two saw the latest update?
                  Spoiler:
                  I think they're gonna be switching back and forth between Caldora and Atalan in this story, which means we should be seeing John and Elizabeth in Atalan in Part 2. Huzzah! (Though I'm betting any weddings won't happen until the next story at the earliest.)

What is Stargate_ren? I don't know that I've heard of it.

Yeah, I don't mind Nancy because she's canon. Larrin... eh, I find she's just too, well, mean-spirited.
                  I agree SK I don't mind Nancy, granted I def like the fics where John is still in love with her but she's still with her husband. But I'm not a fan of Larrin, she bugs me!

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                    What is Stargate_ren? I don't know that I've heard of it.
                    Stargate: Renaissance. It's an AU fic series with various Atlantis and SG-1 characters inhabiting a world modeled on the European Renaissance. It is VERY pro-Sheppard/Weir, so it's probably not your cup of tea.

Just an aside, you might want to not insert your responses within the quote boxes of others' comments; it makes it more difficult for us to respond to your own comments as we have to go back and copy and paste your comments back together.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Stargate: Renaissance. It's an AU fic series with various Atlantis and SG-1 characters inhabiting a world modeled on the European Renaissance. It is VERY pro-Sheppard/Weir, so it's probably not your cup of tea.

Just an aside, you might want to not insert your responses within the quote boxes of others' comments; it makes it more difficult for us to respond to your own comments as we have to go back and copy and paste your comments back together.
                      K, thanks!

sigpic
                      Coming January 2017

Comment

That's a very good picture of Weir/Torri! The purple looks really good on her!

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          That's kind of an interesting idea to think about. How did the change in administration and expedition priorities affect everyone? Did the city exploration basically stop after Elizabeth was lost? Maybe they shipped in more military personnel and shipped out scientists, just leaving a core team? *shrugs* I don't know - just some random thoughts. I always thought it was interesting that it went from being "the city" to being "Atlantis Base". I wish the show had actually dealt with some of these issues though.
                          If I hadn't been on the net, I would not have realised that the city was supposedly militarised in s4. It was a big thing at the time (on GW), but in reality, nothing changed. If Carter had decided to go by Dr Carter instead of Colonel Carter, there'd have been no recognition at all that they had a military leader. Heck, she wasn't even in uniform - WTH? The 'war' with the Replicators was fought on a scientific basis, and wouldn't have played out any different with a civilian leader (okay, Weir definitely wouldn't have been allowed to go on the Deadalus, while Woolsey would have gone but not pushed any buttons; but the actual strategy wouldn't have changed).

To me, if there was any change in military/scientist staffing levels, it wasn't noticable.

This has been one of my pet peeves all throughout. I thought the whole idea of the series was to explore the city. Then when they introduced John and his super gene, I thought he would have a big part in revealing the secrets of Atlantis and we'd find out just what powers he had in relation to the city. Then after a few half-hearted attempts to explore, nothing. In fact, fanfic has done a pretty good job of doing what they failed at. I love the ones when the city is almost sentient and John can communicate with her. I know JF said several times that he wanted more exploration and I loved the line in one ep where John called the city the "old girl". Once again major fail by TPTB.
                          I've read fics like that, I think they go too far (my unpopular opinion). When you think about it logically, if everyone with the ATA gene can 'control' the city, when the Ancients were there, they'd have had to limit what one could or could not do (mentally) because they all possessed the gene, strongly. Some of the fics seem to take what we saw on screen (turning things on, operating tech etc) and extrapolate on it.

That said, the massive fail is not exploring the city more, even if they just parked two dozen scientists in front of the database and told them to read it until they find something interesting. For all we know, there could have been information vital to overthrowing the wraith in there.

And now, catching up on meme:

Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
                          Umm, someone wanna clarify what that means? I'll come back to it!

Day 21: Best quote
                          Season 1, "Suspicion"

Sheppard: I wonder what hurts more- the gunshot wound or the hunger. Because I'd love to help out, but how did McKay put it? "We can't meet your dietary requirements."

Wraith: When I am free, you'll be the first that I feed upon.
                          Sheppard: Okie dokie. I'm gonna go make myself a sandwich.

ROFL
                          Great line, wish there'd been more of that attitude

And meme time. I only have the strength for one a day. I think I'm up to Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!

This requires some thought because there are so many opinions about everything. Oh, here's one that will raise some hackles. I liked Irresistible. I thought it was funny and didn't think about the date rape thing. I liked John's interactions with Lucious. I thought the actors had good chemistry and played off each other well. That means I also didn't mind Irresponsible, though the setting did bother me a bit. *dodges tomatoes*
                          I didn't pick up on the date rape thing either until I read about it. I didn't think the ep was particularly deep so didn't give it a lot of thought. Thank goodness I'd already bought the dvd, as I'd have stopped watching after that ep otherwise (fly, lucius, fly made me want to throw something at the screen)

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                          I can totally understand all of this. I remember back to when I was heavily involved in the SEW (Save Elizabeth Weir) thread and the times I would lobby for her on JM's blog. Talk about having to don armor sometimes. It got pretty brutal out there! You know, I've never understood why fans would participate in discussions which agressively negatively bashed another character. Especially a character who wasn't written to be the "enemy" or the "bad guy". I can see being passionately supportive of a character, but I guess I can't see the flip side of that. Anyhoo - I do remember those days and I'm glad I stick to this thread pretty much exclusively now. It is nice to come to a place where we can talk about Sparky as well as our love for John & Elizabeth as separate characters too.
                          Having been on anti character threads, sometimes its not so much as hating a character as just wanting them to be written better. Take Keller - I think the idea of the character was okay (they flubbed her introduction during s4) but I don't think the writers actually got a handle on who the character was (they can't have, because they wrote her so inconsistently). And yet, for as much hate as there is out there for Keller (not all of it warranted), everyone loves Jewel. From what I gather, Weir/Torri was not afforded the same luxury.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                            That's a very good picture of Weir/Torri! The purple looks really good on her!
                            Oh, sorry, I meant to ask. Is it one of those "things" where you have to start from the beginning? Does it solely focus on Weir?

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

And now I think it's time for a Sparky picspam just because it's a beautiful (but cold) Friday and we escaped another snow event.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Gee, no one's ever tried to rip the commentary track? (Don't look at me, though, I don't know the first thing about how to do that.) That sucks.
                                Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                That's not fair! The one with Torri and Rachel is VERY adorable. (sorry)

Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death...... It's also my answer for best quote. Ok One of my best quotes because there a lot of great quotes in SGA.
                                I need a transcript of this commentary or many someone can send me the dvd.lol

Day 22: worse quote: "Fly, Lucius, Fly".....or something like this. It's so lame that I'm not sure it's the good sentence.

Anuna: Hope it's not to late to give you a big hug. Don't like to see one of my favorite authors in a bad mood. I hope you will be better soon. Big hug again.
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X