Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Are you implying that I can bring the snark? It might be worth it just for that.
    You can totally bring the snark! Your snark is awesome!

We'll revisit this discussion when I get back from vacation and things settle down. I'll think about it. Don't you hate it when someone says that?
    *snickers*

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    I've been looking at the Chicago pics some more and I'm wondering: why isn't Joe wearing his wedding ring? I'm not accusing him or anything!! Just wondering... maybe he took it off for a shoot and forgot to put it back on? Like I said: just wondering.
    As I understand it, Joe doesn't usually wear his wedding ring. I think I read somewhere that he and his wife don't do the traditional wedding ring thing and instead they make jewelry for each other to wear (like those cord bracelets he's worn). Very sweet.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

We're going on a mediterranean cruise, Sept 29-Oct 18.
      Nice!!! Have fun

The story is that he kept losing them and wears the necklace/bracelet instead. He does have that lovely new celtic looking one that he wears sometimes. If it's fine with the wife, that's all that matters. Mr. SR doesn't wear one because it bothers him since he's on the computer all day. Or so he claims. Hee.
      Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      As I understand it, Joe doesn't usually wear his wedding ring. I think I read somewhere that he and his wife don't do the traditional wedding ring thing and instead they make jewelry for each other to wear (like those cord bracelets he's worn). Very sweet.
      That is very sweet and explains a lot
      They really love each other a lot *squishes Joe and his wife* Love that!!

To get back to Sparky. If John and Liz had a baby. Who do you think they would appoint godfather and godmother?
      I'm thinking Carson and Teyla, but what do you guys think?

Sig by me

Comment

Missing Moments Chapter 35: Inferno
        Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
        35: Inferno

(after the ep)

"It's all we've got."

John nodded solemnly in agreement.

"I guess I'd better get working on those engines then." Rodney said and walked out of the room without another word.

"Ronon and I should start training the new recruits some more." Teyla said.

"Of course." Elizabeth agreed and she looked at John who gave Teyla a nod.

The Satedan and the Athosian nodded in return and walked outside.

"I should get back to my ship and make sure we're fully prepared in case we need to face more than one hiveship."

"Thank you, Stephen."

He nodded to her. "Sure thing."

"What can I do?" Carson asked, sounding a bit nervous.

"Prepare your sickbay and your people in case you receive multiple casualties." Elizabeth replied gravely.

"Aye." Carson answered with a sigh and left the room, leaving only Elizabeth and John behind.

Elizabeth let out a breath and pinched the bridge of her nose. "I don't know how many more of these crises I'll be able to handle."

John walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "You're doing an awesome job, you know that, right?"

"Then why are we preparing ourselves for yet another possible Wraith attack?"

John stood in front of her, put one hand on her shoulder and used the other one to lift up her chin to force her to look at him.

"You are doing an amazing job, don't you realize that? You face it all without flinching. I know it's difficult, but you don't give up. You can never give up on Atlantis, on your people, on your friends and you can't give up on me. And I know you never will. That's one of the reasons..." John licked his lips and looked uncertain for a moment, but then a decisive look appeared in his eyes and he looked her straight in the eye. "That's one of the reasons that I love you."

Elizabeth slightly gasped. She had known John loved her, she could always read it in his eyes, but to actually hear him say it was something completely different, especially because she knew how difficult it was for him to lay his emotions bare like that.

She gently cupped his cheek and gave him a loving smile. "I love you too."

The relief on his face was obvious and it almost made her laugh. He leaned in closer and gently kissed her.

"We'll face everything they'll throw at us together." He assured her and she gave him a nod.

"Together."

Sig by me

Comment

Call me when you will be in the south of France
          Nice!!! Have fun

To get back to Sparky. If John and Liz had a baby. Who do you think they would appoint godfather and godmother?
          Teyla and Rodney. Teyla will be Elizabeth's choice and Rodney will be John's choice.
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

To get back to Sparky. If John and Liz had a baby. Who do you think they would appoint godfather and godmother? I'm thinking Carson and Teyla, but what do you guys think?
            I think John would choose Ronon, just because he was the one to go with him on Earth for his father's funeral.
            And Elizabeth would choose Teyla without a doubt

Comment

I know! They're so adorable! *joins in squishing Joe and his wife*

Definitely Teyla. She and Elizabeth are supposed to be BFFs, after all. Hmm, do I have to choose only one other? Can't I choose the whole expedition?
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Missing Moments Chapter 35: Inferno
                Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
                35: Inferno

(after the ep)

"It's all we've got."

John nodded solemnly in agreement.

"I guess I'd better get working on those engines then." Rodney said and walked out of the room without another word.

"Ronon and I should start training the new recruits some more." Teyla said.

"Of course." Elizabeth agreed and she looked at John who gave Teyla a nod.

The Satedan and the Athosian nodded in return and walked outside.

"I should get back to my ship and make sure we're fully prepared in case we need to face more than one hiveship."

"Thank you, Stephen."

He nodded to her. "Sure thing."

"What can I do?" Carson asked, sounding a bit nervous.

"Prepare your sickbay and your people in case you receive multiple casualties." Elizabeth replied gravely.

"Aye." Carson answered with a sigh and left the room, leaving only Elizabeth and John behind.

Elizabeth let out a breath and pinched the bridge of her nose. "I don't know how many more of these crises I'll be able to handle."

John walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "You're doing an awesome job, you know that, right?"

"Then why are we preparing ourselves for yet another possible Wraith attack?"

John stood in front of her, put one hand on her shoulder and used the other one to lift up her chin to force her to look at him.

"You are doing an amazing job, don't you realize that? You face it all without flinching. I know it's difficult, but you don't give up. You can never give up on Atlantis, on your people, on your friends and you can't give up on me. And I know you never will. That's one of the reasons..." John licked his lips and looked uncertain for a moment, but then a decisive look appeared in his eyes and he looked her straight in the eye. "That's one of the reasons that I love you."

Elizabeth slightly gasped. She had known John loved her, she could always read it in his eyes, but to actually hear him say it was something completely different, especially because she knew how difficult it was for him to lay his emotions bare like that.

She gently cupped his cheek and gave him a loving smile. "I love you too."

The relief on his face was obvious and it almost made her laugh. He leaned in closer and gently kissed her.

"We'll face everything they'll throw at us together." He assured her and she gave him a nod.

"Together."

Awww, he loves her. But she knew that.

Originally posted by Probie View Post

Teyla and Rodney. Teyla will be Elizabeth's choice and Rodney will be John's choice.
                Unfortunately, I don't get to France on this trip. Meet me in Monte Carlo.

I have created a couple of monsters. My young friend's mom has given up in her attempt to rip the clothes off the Sheppard action figure. I sent her that pic of Joe signing the poster and she is now demanding a larger version for her cell phone wallpaper. Meanwhile my other friend who is her aunt says the next time she goes to visit her niece the action figure will be going home in her suitcase. Mr. SR says we should have bought a case of them. ROTFLMAO!
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I have created a couple of monsters. My young friend's mom has given up in her attempt to rip the clothes off the Sheppard action figure. I sent her that pic of Joe signing the poster and she is now demanding a larger version for her cell phone wallpaper. Meanwhile my other friend who is her aunt says the next time she goes to visit her niece the action figure will be going home in her suitcase. Mr. SR says we should have bought a case of them. ROTFLMAO!
                  LOL! I'd suggest going straight to Diamond Select Toys to buy them direct, but they're sold out. There's plenty on eBay, though; MSRP was $15.99, so I wouldn't buy 'em for any more than that.

Comment

Yay, think about me when they score!
                    It's a deal and I'll even throw in a Mandalorian cuss word or two for BSU if they dip into ther bag of tricks too much.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

You're welcome! And at sleeping through the games you wanted to watch!

What do the security personnel think? What happens in Atlantis, stays in Atlantis. 11
                      I can't help it. I never sleep well when I visit my sister.
                      "What happens in Atlantis, stays in Atlantis" I must remember that! Threats of being Ronon's sparring partner for a week probibly help too!
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        I can't help it. I never sleep well when I visit my sister.
                        "What happens in Atlantis, stays in Atlantis" I must remember that! Threats of being Ronon's sparring partner for a week probibly help too!
                        Hah! Yeah, we're all agreed that Ronon is totally a Sparky shipper. Of course, for that matter, everyone in Atlantis is a Sparky shipper. Except maybe that git Kavanaugh, but he doesn't count.

Comment

ROFL!!!! Awesome
                          I still find the drunken-*ss grin on his face so ridiculous!

Hah! Yeah, we're all agreed that Ronon is totally a Sparky shipper. Of course, for that matter, everyone in Atlantis is a Sparky shipper. Except maybe that git Kavanaugh, but he doesn't count.
                          Yup, Ronon is a Sparky shipper and Teyla and Rodney and Carson and Chuck and... Yeah, SK, you're right, the entire expedition. And I'm sure people outside of the expedition too, like Jack and Landry and Mitchell and Vala and Teal'c and.... yeah... the entire SGC too... except Kavanaugh obviously

Sig by me

Comment

Gateraid!!! You crack me up
                            And I'm also glad to hear you're ok.
                            Thanks I'm like a cockroach, impossible to kill. Maiming is a completely different story, that happens a lot

Originally posted by ForestFern View Post
                            Gateraid, the Carson/Keller one is just hilarious!

If you guys are not on twitter, let me update you with bits
                            Martin Firrell just tweeted this:

http://www.martinfirrell.com/joeflanigan/
                            Sounds like Joe has another fan

Yay, think about me when they score!

And one more ChiCon report that must be seen for the pics alone. Be sure to click on the bonus pics but strap yourself in. Another McShepgasm
                            Thanks for the link

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

You're welcome! And at sleeping through the games you wanted to watch!

What do the security personnel think? What happens in Atlantis, stays in Atlantis.

Oh, I like that!

Whoo baby!

*dies laughing* Oh, that is GOOD! Poor Keller!
                            The next line should have been:

That's terrible. I'll send someone down to pick her up

That's probably a good idea. McKay tried to carry her, but he ran out of breath after about ten metres

I'd better send someone down for him too

I liked how both Joe and David talked about the importance of 'owning' their characters rather than sticking to what's written, and that they consider themselves the 'keepers' of their characters. I certainly consider Joe more of an authority on Sheppard than TPTW.
                            It's what people have been saying - the characters are likeable in spite of what has been written. The actors add more than what is on the page

Hee! A mini Zero Point Snark!
                            Whatever happened to them? They stopped part way through, IIRC

We'll revisit this discussion when I get back from vacation and things settle down. I'll think about it. Don't you hate it when someone says that?
                            Nope, it's honest

I've been looking at the Chicago pics some more and I'm wondering: why isn't Joe wearing his wedding ring? I'm not accusing him or anything!! Just wondering... maybe he took it off for a shoot and forgot to put it back on? Like I said: just wondering.
                            Where I come from, there are generally two reasons: in the agricultural sector, men take them off because they can get caught in things, or dirty, or because during physical activity your fingers swell; or because they don't want to advertise the fact that they're married. Joe probably would have to take it off for his work anyway, given that the characters he plays may not always be married

The story is that he kept losing them and wears the necklace/bracelet instead. He does have that lovely new celtic looking one that he wears sometimes. If it's fine with the wife, that's all that matters. Mr. SR doesn't wear one because it bothers him since he's on the computer all day. Or so he claims. Hee.
                            That sounds plausible for Joe. And for Mr SR too

Nice!!! Have fun

Rodney and Teyla. Carson would be the second choice, or possibly Ronon.

Originally posted by Probie View Post

I'd go along with that reasoning
                            sigpic

Comment

LOL! I'd suggest going straight to Diamond Select Toys to buy them direct, but they're sold out. There's plenty on eBay, though; MSRP was $15.99, so I wouldn't buy 'em for any more than that.
                              They were going for $15 at the con.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              It's a deal and I'll even throw in a Mandalorian cuss word or two for BSU if they dip into ther bag of tricks too much.
                              That should help. Can't wait until tonight. Hopefully I won't be sad in the morning. LOL

I disagree with you and Kris about Kav. I think he would notice and then try to think of a way to use it against them. I can see him blurting something out in front of others about them and the others telling him to STFU and mind his own business. He seemed to watch Lizzie like a hawk. He's not going to miss something like that. Or I can also see John threatening to kill him or sending Ronon to do it. LOL
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I disagree with you and Kris about Kav. I think he would notice and then try to think of a way to use it against them. I can see him blurting something out in front of others about them and the others telling him to STFU and mind his own business. He seemed to watch Lizzie like a hawk. He's not going to miss something like that. Or I can also see John threatening to kill him or sending Ronon to do it. LOL
                                Ah see, he'd be an anti-shipper. So he's not a Sparky shipper. Of course he would know if there was something going on between hem, cause he really does watch her like a hawk to catch her making a mistake. But he's no Sparky shipper as he would oppose against a relationship between John and Liz.

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X