No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homie, becareful..... for your ears......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU POST A LED ZEP SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Excellent songs everybody.

Time to go. I will try to work but my coworkers and I are not focus on work but football again.lol
    There is a good chance that they will kill me at the end of the day because France is playing and I'm the only one at work who dare to laugh about them.lol
    So....adieu!
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      I have a few questions 1) when you guys write the two part season opener are you guys going to give woolsey some more back bone and defy the IOA when they say "no" to Atlantis returning to Pegasus? 2) are you guys going do a sort of GITM homage when weir comes back and she tires to escape and sheppard goes after her?
      1) The way our story seems to be going it doesn't appear Atlantis will leave in rebellion of the IOA, as the call will lay with Nancy, who will in the end determine it is better that Atlantis return to Pegasus to help the Pegasus coalition than stay on Earth. But Woolsey will probably stand his ground and try to convince her or the IOA, before she makes her decision, that this is the right thing to do.

2) If you mean will we have a scene mirroring the ending of GITM? No, I don't think so. But since Franibeth will be a major part of PM the whole thing will have GITM undertones. But I'm also planning to have there be some parallels to other episodes as well--they'll be a big, almost verbatim, scene that parallels the John/Elizabeth conversation in Conversion, when John asks Elizabeth to let him die because 'it'd be better for both of [them].'

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      Goodmorning Sparkies!! How is everyone doing today?

Thank you all for the music recs. They'll keep me busy for a while

In other news: I wrote my first and prolly last Dr. Who fic *headdesk* It's just something small: a conversation between the Doctor and Donna with some 10/Rose ship references that keep to canon.
      But I'm totally not active in the Dr. Who fandom, so I was wondering if any of you would mind beta-reading it. I really wouldn't know who else to ask
      I'm a Dr. Who fan. I don't write, but I've seen all the new series and know it pretty well.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Kris, I don't know DW all that well, so I'm afraid I can't help you with the fic.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        I'm not up with everyone's thinking on this, but given that it already has an international contingent, consisting of scientists and military combined, it's feasible that they'd allow it near Antartica. Although it really could go anywhere, if it's underwater. Unless it's the Mariana Trench, that may tax the shield a bit too much.

If you're going to put it in orbit, perhaps a bit further away? Keep it in our solar system (unless you move it to the Alpha Site) but far enough away from Earth so that Sam & Rodney can recalibrate the gate so that a) you can still dial Earth & get the SGC, and b) you can gate from the SGC to Atlantis. That way it would be able to be isolated from the rest of the Milky Way dialing network, and would still allow military operations to continue from Earth, via the SGC.
        Not to mention, keeping it out of range of all the civilian satellites that might pick up Atlantis's location.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        I still think that Woolsey would stick with the IOA. While he's become a bit more relaxed during his tenure, his favourite line is still "the IOA thinks/wants/believes".
        He did let the AI in Remnants pull that fake-out on Shen to trick her into giving Woolsey a glowing review so he'd stay in command, though. I'd say there's hope for him.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        1) The way our story seems to be going it doesn't appear Atlantis will leave in rebellion of the IOA, as the call will lay with Nancy, who will in the end determine it is better that Atlantis return to Pegasus to help the Pegasus coalition than stay on Earth. But Woolsey will probably stand his ground and try to convince her or the IOA, before she makes her decision, that this is the right thing to do.
        Exactly. Not so much a rebellion, more like a "we've been out there, we know what it's like, we know we're right about this, and we're going to keep up the pressure on you until you let us go back" kind of thing.

2) If you mean will we have a scene mirroring the ending of GITM? No, I don't think so. But since Franibeth will be a major part of PM the whole thing will have GITM undertones. But I'm also planning to have there be some parallels to other episodes as well--they'll be a big, almost verbatim, scene that parallels the John/Elizabeth conversation in Conversion, when John asks Elizabeth to let him die because 'it'd be better for both of [them].'
        With
        Spoiler:
        Elizabeth asking John to let her die, I assume? *shivers in anticipation*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Kris, I don't know DW all that well, so I'm afraid I can't help you with the fic.

Not to mention, keeping it out of range of all the civilian satellites that might pick up Atlantis's location.

He did let the AI in Remnants pull that fake-out on Shen to trick her into giving Woolsey a glowing review so he'd stay in command, though. I'd say there's hope for him.

Exactly. Not so much a rebellion, more like a "we've been out there, we know what it's like, we know we're right about this, and we're going to keep up the pressure on you until you let us go back" kind of thing.

With
          Spoiler:
          Elizabeth asking John to let her die, I assume? *shivers in anticipation*
          You know, I always got bothered that Woolsey seemed to 'get' why the IOA was such a thorn in Atlantis's side but he never mentioned that he basically did to Weir what Shen was doing to him in Remnants (minus the ambition of being leader). But by the end I always felt he was siding with the Atlantis mission and not the IOA. Massive fail there.

On the GITM thing...

Spoiler:

Yes. Of course I'm hammering out story and having written anything, but I'm envisioning a point where Elizabeth is really frustrated that they're keeping her locked away, and knowing what's going on with Asuras II and the danger her nanites pose, she basically asks John to 'shut her off' by deactivating her nanites. I'm gonna make him answer her, too (not cut off by some stupid Deus ex Machina), which will revisit his decision in Adrift as well and what all was going on with that situation. I'm hoping to tie them together to make something which explores the feelings behind those requests and the differences between it being someone alive and staring you in the face asking you to let them die or someone who can't ask you that, whose intentions you have to interpret.

Comment

ITA on Woolsey. I felt he wasn't exactly the good guy, but he was slowly getting there. But I feel he shouldd efinitely side with Atlantis, because this time he's actually been there and seen it all, and I think we should see the change in him and his attitude.

'Conversion' parallel sounds just right. The conversation in 'Conversion' is such big, defining moment for both John and Elizabeth as characters and co - leaders. I can't wait to read what you ahve in mind, Eri!

And since this is the smutty - day, I am announcing that I have another little project in the making. *winkwink*
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

You know, I always got bothered that Woolsey seemed to 'get' why the IOA was such a thorn in Atlantis's side but he never mentioned that he basically did to Weir what Shen was doing to him in Remnants (minus the ambition of being leader). But by the end I always felt he was siding with the Atlantis mission and not the IOA. Massive fail there.
              Me too! All I remember him saying was that little line in Inquisition about Elizabeth being "one of their best people" and in Remnants about how "Doctor Weir and Colonel Carter were incredibly tough acts to follow." Whut? Richard, you are such a heel. *sporks Woosley* We need to have him say something, do something that demonstrates that he's haunted by what he did, in light of what happened to Elizabeth afterward.

Irony of ironies, when I checked the transcript at GW to make sure I had the line from Remnants right, the rotating character banner at the top of the page was... Elizabeth.

On the GITM thing...

Spoiler:

Yes. Of course I'm hammering out story and having written anything, but I'm envisioning a point where Elizabeth is really frustrated that they're keeping her locked away, and knowing what's going on with Asuras II and the danger her nanites pose, she basically asks John to 'shut her off' by deactivating her nanites. I'm gonna make him answer her, too (not cut off by some stupid Deus ex Machina), which will revisit his decision in Adrift as well and what all was going on with that situation. I'm hoping to tie them together to make something which explores the feelings behind those requests and the differences between it being someone alive and staring you in the face asking you to let them die or someone who can't ask you that, whose intentions you have to interpret.
              *nods* That's what I figured it would be. Good! That issue needs to be explored and put to rest, and we get the added bonus of running them both through the emotional wringer, too. And it's something that should continue to haunt them throughout the rest of the season, pushing them toward... what we've been talking about for next season.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                And since this is the smutty - day, I am announcing that I have another little project in the making. *winkwink*
                Oooooh! *bounces up and down* Yes, I can't wait to see it, why do you ask?

Comment

ITA on Woolsey. I felt he wasn't exactly the good guy, but he was slowly getting there. But I feel he shouldd efinitely side with Atlantis, because this time he's actually been there and seen it all, and I think we should see the change in him and his attitude.

'Conversion' parallel sounds just right. The conversation in 'Conversion' is such big, defining moment for both John and Elizabeth as characters and co - leaders. I can't wait to read what you ahve in mind, Eri!

I hope you like it. It was definitely Sparky inspired because we always have good discussion about that scene. But I thought it would be fun to see how John would react when someone hits him with his exact words (At the moment I'm envisioning Elizabeth using them verbatim "It's better for the both of us"). -----> *slightly ebil*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Me too! All I remember him saying was that little line in Inquisition about Elizabeth being "one of their best people" and in Remnants about how "Doctor Weir and Colonel Carter were incredibly tough acts to follow." Whut? Richard, you are such a heel. *sporks Woosley* We need to have him say something, do something that demonstrates that he's haunted by what he did, in light of what happened to Elizabeth afterward.

Irony of ironies, when I checked the transcript at GW to make sure I had the line from Remnants right, the rotating character banner at the top of the page was... Elizabeth.

*nods* That's what I figured it would be. Good! That issue needs to be explored and put to rest, and we get the added bonus of running them both through the emotional wringer, too. And it's something that should continue to haunt them throughout the rest of the season, pushing them toward... what we've been talking about for next season.
                  It won't be resolved in PM exactly, but it will establish them, because we need to have those lingering doubts for Quietus. But considering the two Elizabeths, the end result with Mayel and the whole Asuras reborn thing, you can bet John's gonna be a little messed up at this point. Poor John. We're really gonna hurt him this season.

*whump whump dance*

Comment

OT same topic since two weeks.

Spoiler:
                    MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Bye France!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Hmm....sorry.....In two weeks I will be focus on Sparky. I swear.lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Yay!!! I'm really, really looking forward to that

Sig by me

Comment

me again. This time is a "mommy question". My mom saw the little advertising of SGA (tonight on French tv) where we can see a little scene from Siege. Elizabeth is taken hostage. Mom asked me if I thought that Elizabeth has already faced this kind of situation in her past as a negotiator because sheseems very courageous. My answer was "I don't think so. She was already brave in The Storm and she's a negotiator. It's her job". Quick answer but I gave my reasons but I won't write 10 minutes of conversation.lol
                        After this, we talk about her past and why she hates guns. We have ten stories.lol To "her dad was a military" from " she saw a coworker die when she negotiates something" and many others.
                        So the question of mom is : what do you think about the past of Elizabeth?
                        My question: there is someone here who knows a fic where we learnt something about Elizabeth's past? Fic where she's a negotiator or where she's telling John her stories or where an old coworker comes in Allantis.

Voilà
                        sigpic

Comment

*sings*

Music's in my soul,
                          every day and every night,
                          it's the one thing on my mind.

Music's got control,
                          and I'm never letting go, no no.

I just wanna play my music.

It's from the Camp Rock soundtrack, by the Jonas Brothers. Don't look at me like that!

Anyway...

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                          In other news: I wrote my first and prolly last Dr. Who fic *headdesk* It's just something small: a conversation between the Doctor and Donna with some 10/Rose ship references that keep to canon.
                          But I'm totally not active in the Dr. Who fandom, so I was wondering if any of you would mind beta-reading it. I really wouldn't know who else to ask
                          I could help out if you want (or Eri13). I've seen all of Nine and Ten (Ten & Donna season my absolute favorite).
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Falcon: Oh my......did you say "Jonas Brothers"?......
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              She became just "Elizabeth" to him and he started thinking of her as family.
                              In english, the fact someone calls you by your first name brings to a more personal level of relationship.
                              In italian, we still use "Voi" = You and "Tu" = Thou and that makes the difference between a formal and a friendly relationship with another person.
                              What I didn't like in the Italian dubbing was the fact that John and Elizabeth, even if they used their first name, used the "You" and not the "Thou" (except for GITM). I don't understand why the translators chose not to change to "Thou" when John started to call her Elizabeth and no more Dr. Weir.
                              I don't know if this happened also in France or Germany, also their languages have the You = Vous = Sie and the Thou = Tu = Du differences.
                              Maybe I made a little confusion trying to explain this, please forgive me

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                                In english, the fact someone calls you by your first name brings to a more personal level of relationship.
                                In italian, we still use "Voi" = You and "Tu" = Thou and that makes the difference between a formal and a friendly relationship with another person.
                                What I didn't like in the Italian dubbing was the fact that John and Elizabeth, even if they used their first name, used the "You" and not the "Thou" (except for GITM). I don't understand why the translators chose not to change to "Thou" when John started to call her Elizabeth and no more Dr. Weir.
                                I don't know if this happened also in France or Germany, also their languages have the You = Vous = Sie and the Thou = Tu = Du differences.
                                Maybe I made a little confusion trying to explain this, please forgive me
                                We have this here in France. John and Elizabeth= vous/ Rodney and John= vous/ Teyla and John= vous.....Always "vous". I was frustrated at the beginning by this but I don't think it's very important if we want to value the relationship between people. I used "you" (voi) for my parents. It's strange but it's like this and we are very close. I use "you" (voi) with some of my coworkers (and bosses) and call them by their first name and we laugh very much but it's "you". It's not a sign of distance but just of respect.
                                Elizabeth is his boss so "you" can work for me. I can't explain it very clearly.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X