Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    No videos, no. And no Ryan Robbins either (Ladon Radim from SGA & Henry Foss from Sanctuary). He cancelled due to being tied down with shooting for Falling Skies. Which makes me sad and happy at the same time. Sad I won't get to meet him cause I totally adore him in Sanctuary, and over the moon he's going to be in Falling Skies.
    Sorry you won't get to meet Ryan. I love Falling Skies. Colin Cunningham is great in that. So, I'm glad to know Ryan will be in it.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    On a totally different topic, I just watched Progeny (the normal version, not that alternate feed that some people seem to have viewed).

Some thoughts:

1. Elizabeth is really looking hot in this episode. The hair and makeup are beautiful.

2. I wish we'd been shown or told what Teyla's and Elizabeth's visions were.

3. I thought some of the McShep banter fell a little flat in this one.

4. Niam was obviously crushing on Lizzie.

5. I love the concerned looks John is giving Elizabeth after her history lesson with Niam.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]32514[/ATTACH]

6. Teyla and Elizabeth had such a funny "OMG boys are so stupid" look when Rodney and John were bickering.

7. John's vision had Elizabeth being the last one through the gate. I think in the real world Elizabeth would have told him it was her job to arm the self-destruct. In John's vision she doesn't put up much fight.

8. If you wanted to do a complete series reset, the team could have still been in the hands of the Asurans and everything afterwards was a vision.

9. Adrenaline must have fueled John because he could remove Niam's arms from Elizabeth when both Teyla and Ronon were unable to.

10. C'mon - standing out on the balcony at night isn't supposed to be romantic? The dialogue isn't but the setting definitely is.

ETA
    11. When Elizabeth is convincing Niam to go along with them and give them the access code they need, Niam and Elizabeth stare at each other like a Sparky stare. John rolls his eyes in the background. LOL!!
    I noticed too that when she was being tended to by Teyla and then was sitting there after Teyla walked away, John never took his eyes off her.

I think he had her go through the gate without arguing because he wanted so much to protect her. That should probably have been a clue to us that it was a dream. She never would have left him alone there.

I would go for that reset. Works for me.

And it wasn't just an ordinary nighttime balcony scene but one with a giant moon. And using the quiet intimate voices. Come on, people. You may as well have had a giant arrow in the sky pointing to them with the word "shippy" on it. Sheesh.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

progeny-balcony-arrow.jpg

Comment

I was being goofy when she said that... so, it could also mean a bit on the funky side. You see she had just signed this big poster of which I'll post an image tomorrow when I have time to photograph it, and then I got to cosy up next to her and a friend of mine started taking pictures and he kept on going, and we were totally goofing around by the time he finally got a good one. And then I thanked her and said that my Gateworld buddies were going to be so jealous... and then I may have stumbled a little, and I was a goofball too and then she giggled and said I was adorable. And I didn't quite know how to interpret that... I tend to need an explanation most times. It's how my brain works. Can't help it.

But OMGoddess, when she turned to sign the poster, she took her chair and promptly stood on it, even though she could have easily signed it by standing in front of it, it was an hilarious sight. Just lucky she didn't pull the whole wall down.
        Hee! Torri is well known for being a bit goofy in real life (and she's even said that she wished the writers would've let Weir be a little more goofy), so I'm guessing she was just appreciating your mutual goofiness.

Isn't there a saying about a warned man... or woman in this case...
        Heheheh!

On a totally different topic, I just watched Progeny (the normal version, not that alternate feed that some people seem to have viewed).

Some thoughts:

1. Elizabeth is really looking hot in this episode. The hair and makeup are beautiful.
        OMG, isn't she? I always thought it was neat how when she wakes up after the surgery in Adrift, her hairstyle looked like it had kinda reset to the way it was right around Progeny/TRW. I don't know if that was done deliberately, but I liked it.

THIS. I want to explore that in Atlantis Rising.

It was completely overshadowed by the Sparky eye!sex.

5. I love the concerned looks John is giving Elizabeth after her history lesson with Niam.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]32514[/ATTACH]
        John was totally in 'jealous boyfriend' mode throughout Progeny. Just sayin'.

6. Teyla and Elizabeth had such a funny "OMG boys are so stupid" look when Rodney and John were bickering.
        LMAO! Lizzeh and Teyla, BFFs for-eva!

7. John's vision had Elizabeth being the last one through the gate. I think in the real world Elizabeth would have told him it was her job to arm the self-destruct. In John's vision she doesn't put up much fight.
        I'm with SR; this should've been a big hint that This Was A Dream.

8. If you wanted to do a complete series reset, the team could have still been in the hands of the Asurans and everything afterwards was a vision.
        Ohhh yes indeedy. And it has the added bonus of Carson and Kate not dying for stupid reasons. Win-win as far as I'm concerned.

9. Adrenaline must have fueled John because he could remove Niam's arms from Elizabeth when both Teyla and Ronon were unable to.
        Sheppy's Twoo Luv for his Lizzeh gave him superhuman strength.

10. C'mon - standing out on the balcony at night isn't supposed to be romantic? The dialogue isn't but the setting definitely is.
        Heh! Speaking of Twoo Luv! That scene just screamed romantic anvil.

ETA
        11. When Elizabeth is convincing Niam to go along with them and give them the access code they need, Niam and Elizabeth stare at each other like a Sparky stare. John rolls his eyes in the background. LOL!!
        And there's that 'jealous boyfriend' act again! John's getting predictable.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'll try to remember.
          Thanks! And for a little incentive, I have another Sparky ficlet with strong hints of Kate/Teyla in the works. I may have to tone it down a bit, though. I'm worried I might send you into thunker overload if it stays the way it is.
          Last edited by mandogater; 24 October 2011, 08:17 PM.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32515[/ATTACH]
            That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

I always found the progression of this scene from Submersion interesting.

WEIR: So am I. Well, we have a lot of exploring to do.

SHEPPARD: “We”?

WEIR: Until Rodney delivers the preliminary status report, I’m all yours. Put me to work, Colonel.

SHEPPARD: Alright, let’s make up some time. Break into teams. Ronon, you’re with Teyla. Elizabeth, you’re with me -- or I’m with you, however you wanna put it.

(Ronon hands him a rifle and he walks off, Elizabeth following him.)

WEIR: Either [ee-ther] way ... or either [eye-ther] way.

(Ronon hands Teyla a pistol and they too head off.)

She tells him to put her to work first. In no way does she imply that it should be with him alone. She's willing to take any assignment he gives her. So what does he do? He splits them into teams and puts her with him? Now that is interesting.
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

I always found the progression of this scene from Submersion interesting.

WEIR: So am I. Well, we have a lot of exploring to do.

SHEPPARD: “We”?

WEIR: Until Rodney delivers the preliminary status report, I’m all yours. Put me to work, Colonel.

SHEPPARD: Alright, let’s make up some time. Break into teams. Ronon, you’re with Teyla. Elizabeth, you’re with me -- or I’m with you, however you wanna put it.

(Ronon hands him a rifle and he walks off, Elizabeth following him.)

WEIR: Either [ee-ther] way ... or either [eye-ther] way.

(Ronon hands Teyla a pistol and they too head off.)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/4eb282dd.gif

She tells him to put her to work first. In no way does she imply that it should be with him alone. She's willing to take any assignment he gives her. So what does he do? He splits them into teams and puts her with him? Now that is interesting.
              Yep. Kinda like how he pulled the hopeless romantic card in The Last Goodbye and agreed to "Elizabeth's" request to host Thalan's consciousness so that Phoebus could be reunited with her "husband" one last time. He knew there was a chance that Thalan and Phoebus could be getting it on in his and Elizabeth's bodies, and he did it anyway. One would think that if John really didn't like her, he would've run screaming from the room. But he didn't. John is totally hot for his Lizzeh.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Yep. Kinda like how he pulled the hopeless romantic card in The Last Goodbye and agreed to "Elizabeth's" request to host Thalan's consciousness so that Phoebus could be reunited with her "husband" one last time. He knew there was a chance that Thalan and Phoebus could be getting it on in his and Elizabeth's bodies, and he did it anyway. One would think that if John really didn't like her, he would've run screaming from the room. But he didn't. John is totally hot for his Lizzeh.
                Indeedy do. John sure made some interesting choices for someone not in love with his boss.

I'm just all flaily today. I'm doing a bit of editing for SGA-R and a scene between John and Teyla just made me bounce in my seat. Talk about foreshadowing and subtext. Oh man. I cannot wait for you guys to read this. That Teyla is one smart cookie.
                sigpic

Comment

Before I reply to anyone I have to pimp out some videos. There's a new user here named "earthling" who is creating 30 second recaps of all the episodes. He/she posted about this in the general thread. There's an obvious love of Elizabeth in these videos. I don't know how the person will treat Sparky but we'll see. I don't know how many of you visit the general threads. I found the Hide and Seek and Suspicion ones to be frakking hilarious.

Spoiler:

Rising

Hide and Seek

38 Minutes

Suspicion

Childhood's End

Comment

Before I reply to anyone I have to pimp out some videos. There's a new user here named "earthling" who is creating 30 second recaps of all the episodes. He/she posted about this in the general thread. There's an obvious love of Elizabeth in these videos. I don't know how the person will treat Sparky but we'll see. I don't know how many of you visit the general threads. I found the Hide and Seek and Suspicion ones to be frakking hilarious.

Spoiler:

Rising

Hide and Seek

38 Minutes

Suspicion

Childhood's End

I saw that thread and commented. The "Jintos" made me ROTFLMAO. Obviously earthling is a very smart individual.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      Thanks! And for a little incentive, I have another Sparky ficlet with strong hints of Kate/Teyla in the works. I may have to tone it down a bit, though. I'm worried I might send you into thunker overload if it stays the way it is.
                      That's the kind of bribe I can't resist... the promise of an overload makes me even more eager.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Indeedy do. John sure made some interesting choices for someone not in love with his boss.

I'm just all flaily today. I'm doing a bit of editing for SGA-R and a scene between John and Teyla just made me bounce in my seat. Talk about foreshadowing and subtext. Oh man. I cannot wait for you guys to read this. That Teyla is one smart cookie.
                        Oh yes. THAT scene. AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Mark my words, it's gonna be a classic, and you guys will love it!

OMG! I was dying at all the Jintos in the Hide and Seek recap, and the countdown in the 38 Minutes recap.

Is this earthling posting all the videos in a single thread that you could link to? I hate going into the general threads because of all the silly stuff that makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

Comment

30 seconds of SGA this way - this is Earthling's thread for the videos. I subscribed to him/her on youtube too.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

30 seconds of SGA this way - this is Earthling's thread for the videos. I subscribed to him/her on youtube too.
                            Excellent! Now I can keep up with the newest crack recaps.

Comment

Nah, I think this one is better, myself:

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/y...vegas-jc04.jpg

Well, if it happens, have a good trip! We'll see you when you get back!
                              Are you guys trying to kill me dead with squee?

gateraid - if you go, have a wonderful time!!
                              If you leave - have fun gateraid!
                              Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              I like the way you think gateraid!! Altough, IMHO, John + Elizabeth = about a 15.

If you do get to go on your trip have fun.
                              Thank you all I'mmmmmm baaaaaaaack. I didn't realise the irony of it until just now, but while I was away I climbed the hill to Mt John observatory. Didn't even pick the connection til now *doh!*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Also, what the HECK happened to my avatar and why is it so tiny?!
                              Dunno, but your sig is gone now too

Genormous news... I caved and joined Twitter... due to buying a smart phone.
                              Congrats. This is going to sound like a really dumb question, but what makes a smart phone 'smart'? How is it different to a regular phone?

I'm @southernred2. Imagine. There was another one. I searched on you but you didn't show up. Sometimes when you're new, it takes a while.
                              Mr SR will be most pleased to discover there are two of you

Hello everyone! It's a beautiful Saturday here in the northeast US.

I adore that moment! First off, that one was definitely scripted flirting. Some of the moments you could easily pass off as the actors' choices, but this one was definitely written. And I love how John just flails for a second when Elizabeth calls him on the honor defending. Tee-hee.
                              <snip>
                              And guess what, Mallozi wrote it. On purpose. Go figure

Indeed they are.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...sellthelie.gif

Imagine an Atlantis like your Atlantis's First Thanksgiving. When they finally reconnect with Earth Lizzie is pregnant. Jack's first comment to John: "I thought I told you not to touch anything!"

YES! You simply must!!!
                              I can't respond to that without being gagged

Squee! *bounce* Squee! *bounce* Squee! *bounce*

She called me adorable, loved my Doctor Who outfit, laughed together about me being in her shoes when a friend of mine kept on taking images of her and me in front of the big poster she just signed for me, talked about Belgian traffic, about Belgium in general, about Sedge and how she missed her. Got an autograph (and a paw-impression autograph from Sedge even though the dog wasn't present)... talked some more....Mentioned we would be seeing her again next weekend in Marseille.

AND OMGODDESS TORRI IS ONE AWESOME LADY!!! SHE TOTALLY ROCKS!!

Though she didn't have Elizabeth Weir images with her, except for the gigantic poster FACTS provided (and I won), so this was the image I chose to be signed:

Spoiler:

And cue breathing...
                              Wow. That would make anyone jump up and down

No videos, no. And no Ryan Robbins either (Ladon Radim from SGA & Henry Foss from Sanctuary). He cancelled due to being tied down with shooting for Falling Skies. Which makes me sad and happy at the same time. Sad I won't get to meet him cause I totally adore him in Sanctuary, and over the moon he's going to be in Falling Skies.
                              And he was the guy in BSG who, in s4
                              Spoiler:

tried to slit Baltar's throat with a razor.

Plus, it turns out he was in the pilot too. He's the colonial officer Six kisses before the station gets destroyed (he's the old guy)

Some thoughts:

Word

Ditto, although to be fair, there wasn't really time in the ep to do it. Unfortunately.

Yep. It's my biggest criticism of Binder. The how many seconds convo was very grating

Yes, although it seemed more of an infatuation than a crush

progeny.jpg

I didn't like how it was Rodney who was the voice of caution before she agreed to do it, but whatever.

They may have had the conversation, but he still would have been the one to push the button, IMO. It'd have been nice to see the discussion though.

Maybe the whole thing is a reset. Maybe SG-1 never got off the planet back in s6, and everything from that point on is still a dream.

Um, romantic imagery much?

No, it's because Weir doesn't like to mingle with the little people

Excellent! Now I can keep up with the newest crack recaps.
                              Crack, you say?

sigpic

Comment

Mmmm crack!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X