Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    Wandering around nyc can be fun lol. If i ever go to a con maybe ill also bring my daughter as well as my son, she loves stargate as much as my son and she loves Atlantis more than sg1. She really loves sheppard and rodney. she goes around with her tikerbell phone pretending its a walkie talkie saying "sheppard do you read, Sheppard". then she makes like shes going to kill wraith. She can be very funny.
    Ooh, that is too cute Your kids sound like the best... and you thought them well

And yes, wandering around NY is one of my fav past-times
    Last time I went was in December and I honestly can't wait to be back... I miss it insanely much.

I'm not to fond of the Wray character, she doesnt seem to have as much of a backbone as Weir. She can be too indecisive at times, and waits until its too late to make a move.
    True, true. She really doesn't have a backbone at all. I mean, Young just has to look at her and she's almost cowering away before she realizes that she actually should talk back to him. Which she then tries, but it doesn't impress him at all. Can't say that I blame the guy. I would have pushed her out of the nearest airlock long ago.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      True, true. She really doesn't have a backbone at all. I mean, Young just has to look at her and she's almost cowering away before she realizes that she actually should talk back to him. Which she then tries, but it doesn't impress him at all. Can't say that I blame the guy. I would have pushed her out of the nearest airlock long ago.
      yeah all young has to do is glare at her and she pretty much shuts up and backs down. i haven't gone into manhattan for awhile, and Times Square is very strange at night because i can never tell its night. I walked out of movie once at about 10pm i knew it was late and supposed to be dark out but i walked out into bright light it kinda threw me off a bit lol.
      sigpic

Comment

yeah all young has to do is glare at her and she pretty much shuts up and backs down. i haven't gone into manhattan for awhile, and Times Square is very strange at night because i can never tell its night. I walked out of movie once at about 10pm i knew it was late and supposed to be dark out but i walked out into bright light it kinda threw me off a bit lol.
        Lol, yeah, Timesquare will do that to you
        But I don't hang around that area that much... too many tourists
        If the weather's good, I'm in one the parks, lounging on the grass I think I'm gonna spend a lot of time in Central Park or Bryant Park in July.
        My favorite area is the lower east side and I can spend hours wandering around there, even though I know that entire area like the back of my hand already
        The one thing I also always do, when the weather's good, is walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and spend a couple of hours on a bench in Brooklyn, just staring at the skyline...
        Ugh, I'm getting homesick again

Sig by me

Comment

Guys! The fic I promised!

The tales of married bliss deals with one of our favorite John/Elizabeth cliches - pretending to be married for the sake of diplomacy. There are also few other beloved cliches thrown in, LOTS of UST (with RST at the end, of course). This one is longer than I usually write, and one might even say plotty. It's also funny (I hope) And there's smut at the end, so mind the M rating.

Comments are love - either here or at LJ (although I prefer LJ).

*hugs*
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Lol, yeah, Timesquare will do that to you
            If the weather's good, I'm in one the parks, lounging on the grass I think I'm gonna spend a lot of time in Central Park or Bryant Park in July.
            My favorite area is the lower east side and I can spend hours wandering around there, even though I know that entire area like the back of my hand already

Ugh, I'm getting homesick again
            Are you originally from ny? I live in Queens so I don't go into Manhattan that often, everything thats there is pretty much by me as well just not with as many people around. lately i only really go when friends or family from out of town visit to do the tourist thing lol. i perfer lower manhattan as well. theres a barnes and nobles around there ( w4th ?)that for some reason i really like but can never remember exactly what street its on but i always seem to find it with ease, almost like its calling to me lol.
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

i should probably be asleep too, i was bored so i decided to finish Rodney's chapter, he ended up quite delusional, i was originally just going for pathetic but it started leaning more towards seriously delusional than anything else. Yes poor John, at least he not on back Atlantis yet with Rodney Teyla and Ronon, but he really needs to watch out for Woolsey. lol
              Maybe if they ever have one in the NY, NJ area ill go , do they allow kids? if they do I'd take my son, hes almost 10, hes a social butterfly he'll say anything to anyone unlike me lol.
              *cracks up* Poor John, he's really gonna be in for it!

I know the East Coast has got a lot of smaller independent cons, but since I don't live back there, I don't know very much about them; there's Shore Leave in Maryland coming up, but I don't know if there's anything closer to you.

I haven't seen the ep yet, but come on. I know Wray and I know she doesn't even come close to Elizabeth. They are miles apart.
              OT and spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              Elizabeth would have been able to take command and she would have succeeded in getting Destiny under civilian control. Wray is just a wanna-be.
              *snorts* I haven't seen it either, but somehow, I am not surprised. Lizzie pwns everyone.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              There was talk yesterday of making videos or pics look old which reminded me of this vid I did way back when I was still using a PC. It's made to look like an old movie complete with a scratchy soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pt7KItsQeU
              Oh, that video is perfect! I love it! *squees*

Wandering around nyc can be fun lol. If i ever go to a con maybe ill also bring my daughter as well as my son, she loves stargate as much as my son and she loves Atlantis more than sg1. She really loves sheppard and rodney. she goes around with her tikerbell phone pretending its a walkie talkie saying "sheppard do you read, Sheppard". then she makes like shes going to kill wraith. She can be very funny.
              Awww! Has she ever dressed up as a Stargate character for Halloween?
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

The tales of married bliss deals with one of our favorite John/Elizabeth cliches - pretending to be married for the sake of diplomacy. There are also few other beloved cliches thrown in, LOTS of UST (with RST at the end, of course). This one is longer than I usually write, and one might even say plotty. It's also funny (I hope) And there's smut at the end, so mind the M rating.

*hugs*
                That was really good/cute. i liked how it started out with them being their normal professional selves that weve seen on the show and how it progressed, and they were so in character lol especially John.
                sigpic

Comment

Hi everybody! *waves* Long time no see (okay, not really since I've been lurking, but whatever).

First off: *hugs to Kris* Sorry for what you and your family are going through.

A Sparky art contest sounds like fun.

Aww, cute!

ITA on all the discussion about Sam in Atlantis. She was definitely out of place in that role.
                  sigpic
                  Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

I know the East Coast has got a lot of smaller independent cons, but since I don't live back there, I don't know very much about them; there's Shore Leave in Maryland coming up, but I don't know if there's anything closer to you.

*snorts* I haven't seen it either, but somehow, I am not surprised. Lizzie pwns everyone.

Thanks for the link Not yet lol, shed just turned 3 a month before last halloween and they didnt have anything particularly cool in her size at the place i went.
                    sigpic

Comment

That was really good/cute. i liked how it started out with them being their normal professional selves that weve seen on the show and how it progressed, and they were so in character lol especially John.
                      Thank you! That is a wonderful feedback, and I'm glad you liked it. I had fun writing them all professional, while at the same time they acted like an old married couple.
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

*hugs*
                        Whoo hoo! Ah, I just love it when John gets all snarly and protective... Elizabeth knows just how to relieve his frustrations, doesn't she? That fic is definitely a keeper! *saves to harddrive for future rereading*

Thanks for the link Not yet lol, shed just turned 3 a month before last halloween and they didnt have anything particularly cool in her size at the place i went.
                        LOL!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

There used to be a con in NJ but I think it no longer exists. Chicago is the closest to me and now we have the Minneapolis one which I hear will be small. Aside from DragonCon, I think the SE is the area that really gets left out. And what about places like Texas? They seem to want to concentrate them in the north or west. And while I'm at it Washington DC has a lot of huge hotels that would be perfect and with the metro it's easy to get around. *grumbles*

Glad those who watched it seemed to like the vid. Feedback is always good. And now I have Anuna's new fic to read for lunch. Yays!
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*hugs*
                            Yay!!!!!!!!!! Fic!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to read it right away
                            I love the ones where they pretend to be married for the sake of diplomacy, so it promises to be good

Are you originally from ny? I live in Queens so I don't go into Manhattan that often, everything thats there is pretty much by me as well just not with as many people around. lately i only really go when friends or family from out of town visit to do the tourist thing lol. i perfer lower manhattan as well. theres a barnes and nobles around there ( w4th ?)that for some reason i really like but can never remember exactly what street its on but i always seem to find it with ease, almost like its calling to me lol.
                            Lol, no, I'm not originally from NY, but it feels more like home than Belgium and Antwerp ever did. I know it sounds strange, but my friends claim that in one of my previous lives I must have lived in NY
                            I haven't been to Queens yet, but it's on my 'to visit when in NYC' list Maybe you could be my guide? I've done all the tourist thingies a billion times, so no need for that
                            I usually go to the B&N on Union Square, there's a great raw vegan restaurant around the corner, so then I can combine both
                            And the one on 4th is more Noho than LES (just messin' with ya )
                            My fav hang-out in LES is Teany, a veggie tea house. They have the most amazing pie And it's on Rivington btwn Ludlow and Orchard. So if you ever want great tea at a tiny place with amazing pie, go there with your visitors

Sig by me

Comment

Yay!!!!!!!!!! Fic!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to read it right away
                              I love the ones where they pretend to be married for the sake of diplomacy, so it promises to be good

Lol, no, I'm not originally from NY, but it feels more like home than Belgium and Antwerp ever did. I know it sounds strange, but my friends claim that in one of my previous lives I must have lived in NY
                              I haven't been to Queens yet, but it's on my 'to visit when in NYC' list Maybe you could be my guide? I've done all the tourist thingies a billion times, so no need for that
                              I usually go to the B&N on Union Square, there's a great raw vegan restaurant around the corner, so then I can combine both
                              And the one on 4th is more Noho than LES (just messin' with ya )
                              My fav hang-out in LES is Teany, a veggie tea house. They have the most amazing pie And it's on Rivington btwn Ludlow and Orchard. So if you ever want great tea at a tiny place with amazing pie, go there with your visitors
                              Lol ooo i love playing tour guide, though i really cant think of anything interesting in Queens to see lol, i guess its cuz ive lived here my whole life. Yeah im pretty sure the bn i like is the Greenwich Village one not the Union Square one though ive probably been to that one too, along with the lincoln square one, i ended up going there after seeing a movie in IMAX, ill pretty much go into any bookstore i come across even when I'm not looking for one.
                              sigpic

Comment

This thread is going too fast for me but it's a good sign.lol
                                The day was long. My blood pressure was very high so thank you Anuna for your fic. Perfect story. John is so protective. Love the reference of Terry Pratchett too.
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X